Great threads on Fishlore

Mike
tapwater has a great suggestion for a random thread option: Random thread option? | Forum Announcements/Suggestions Forum | 495465

Submit any Fishlore threads you think would be helpful, fun, interesting, educational, etc. here in this thread. Just post a link to the thread and I will make a randomized widget for the sidebar showing the links to these great threads.

Thanks!
Mike

Mike
I added the "Random Great Threads" box in the sidebar and shows up under the Did You Know box. You can turn this on/off in your preferences. We had several links to some great threads in the did you know box already so I moved them to the random great threads box instead.

Keep the great thread links coming and I'll add them as I get time.

Thanks!
Mike

JLAquatics
Does this include articles as well or just different threads? I think there are a multitude of great articles that could get highlighted with this feature as the vast majority are just mostly forgotten yet contain great information that every aquarist should know.

Mike
Yes I can definitely add in articles too

JLAquatics
None of these articles are mine (what kind of person would I be to recommend my own article... Silly that's what!), but I believe that all the following make great reads for any average aquarist that you may or may have not included on the list already. Some articles are more in depth on specific things, but I think articles to make it on great threads are those of which that will affect many if not all aquarists at some point, including beginner members on the forum.

Algae Management and Algae Myths in the Planted Aquarium by Vishaquatics
Algae Management and Algae Myths in the Planted Aquarium

Bleach Dip by AcornTheBetta
Bleach Dip

How to get your fish to be more comfortable with you inside and outside the tank by AggressiveAquatics
How to get your fish to be more comfortable with you inside and outside the tank.

Cheesecake
So if I posted a link to every single thread I've ever posted on FL would that be dumb Mike?
I'm trying to decide what felony that would be IRL.

I will unironically add this one because it's genuinely funny. I have nothing to do with it.
Fortunate Unfortunate | Forum Games Forum | 427726

Any list of great threads would be remiss without this classic:
Measuring Everything In Cats Now. | Forum Games Forum | 381875

And finally for a serious thread, I have to mention 86 ssinit (yes I know its not his but he posts a lot there) "Discus gang updates" thread. Not only is it fun to read, but it provides valuable insight for anyone looking to get started keeping Discus.
Discus Gang Updates | Discus Fish Forum | 420110

JLAquatics
Hey Mike, great compilation of threads so far! I really like this new feature, and you definitely have a good variety thus far!

Kribensis27
JLAquatics said:
I have seen that one in the rotation already. Looks like Mike beat you to it.
Eh, worth a try I guess lol

JLAquatics

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom