Ram photos

armadillo

Please use this topic to post your Ram photos. It's stickied so it appears at the top of the posts. Please use your own pictures, and not material from the internet.

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Armadillo

neverendingninja

The Blues

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

The Bolivians(both male)

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

Jacko

I think you have a male Bolivian ram there cuteusagi.

Here is my late pair of GBR's, dang krib!

89.jpg

The female GBR:

90.jpg

The male GBR:

91.jpg

That is one of the most colorful bolivian rams I have ever seen Butterfly, I thought it was a GBR at first glance.

bert2001

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

Bill

Here are my rams... or rather, one of them, who seems to be much less camera-shy than the other. These pics are taken with flash, the rams' colours are rather washed out by my aquarium light, which sucks

96.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

Bill

Another one ;D

102.jpg

That is Pablo, without flash.

Bill

199.jpg

Another one of Pablo - even though Miguel is the dominant one, I never get any decent photos of him :

Nice rams Howeyg! Females are very pretty.

Bill

Miguel, again

229.jpg

He's a bit shyer now Pablo's died.

Tom

Here are some more pics of my ram(s)
Swimming for fun

267.jpg

Taking a break after protecting his home

268.jpg

My ram and Angel

269.jpg

Tom

lili70

I have 2 girls, pink belly:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Who has better colors ? Hum ?

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

L

Bill

More ram pics! They've coloured up a bit now, they seem much more at ease in my tank.

231.jpg

232.jpg

230.jpg

mathas

Here's a pair of bolivian rams in full spawning colors, guarding a newly-laid batch of eggs. The male is up front, the female is the one closer to the eggs.

Ram_Kelly

Ram_Kelly's Rams

Here are some pretty decent pics of my 2 long fin GBRs. I can't tell if they are male/female or both male. I haven't seen any sign on a pink belly but the one with shorter fins does appear to have a shorter 1st dorsal fin spine. Who knows. Also, tell me what you guys think about the long fins. I'm not a huge fan of them, but they were the only ones I can find in a 50 mile radius of me>

04_si

my pair breeding last night. pics aren't great, I was just about to go to bed, and noticed the spawning happening.

Attachments

Shaina

Some BOLIVIAN Ram pics

1. Male in breeding colors
2. Little blurry, but here's the 'top' male, with his female behind him

wot_fan

I don't keep GBRs any more, but here are some pictures from when I did.

Males

565.jpg

566.jpg

568.jpg

570.jpg

Female (all 3 shots are of the same one)

572.jpg

575.jpg

577.jpg

Pairs

579.jpg

581.jpg

Closeup

585.jpg

Kerber23

Ram egg laying a treat indeed

Attachments

jarrod

hers a couple pics of the 2 I just got.. they were in the wrong tank, so the label was fora different ram, so I got them a few bucks each cheaper..lol

so far they're gettin along grett, haven't even seen one chase the other once..they just kinda hang out..

Attachments

Butterfly

This is a male and the only one I have left from the last spawn. He's about a year old. Gotta find him a pretty girlie
Carol

Attachments

jetajockey

recent photos of a male in my stock.

2.jpg

4.jpg

Freakhunter

Hey this is my first two GBR's settled done well and enjoying their tank!!!

Attachments

Walky

Here's my new GBR enjoying my new 20L. I think I've got a female.

Attachments

CatfishJack

littletankbigworld said:
is that a GBR or bolivian?
Looks to me like a German, due to the red eye color.

Some shots of my bolivians below. Forgive the quality, my only camera is my droid phone.

te2ahyhy.jpg

vapagyde.jpg

7aze3e7u.jpg

Notice the juvenile Jack Dempsey hanging out with them thinking he is a BR!? lol They get along quite well. He follows them around like a little puppy dog.. "hey guys wait for meeeeeee". Too bad he is going to get to big for me to keep. He's got a new home lined up already.

fish dude1

ballon rams 002.jpg

ballon rams 004.jpg

Balloon ram

pjvenner

These are my 2 bolivian rams - Buttface (L) and Baby Buttface (R) (Named on account of attacking my angelfish). I think they're female/male respectively but if anyone could confirm (or counter) that I would be grateful. It took forever to get a decent photo of them both together as they rarely stay still more than a couple of seconds! Unfortunately the site won't allow me to upload the full size hi-res photo so I've cropped the areas showing their vents to show them in more detail. A little background info follows...

I adopted Buttface as an adult fish, no idea how old. Baby was purchased as a juvenile (hence the name). I suspected Buttface was male, mainly because of the extended front rays on the dorsal fin and 'his' aggressive nature (constantly harrassing Angel). In June I decided to get him a mate All the Bolivians at the fish store were juveniles so it was a bit hit & miss trying to pick a female - After a little discussion the store assistant & I agreed that Baby was the most likely female.

The plan worked. Buttface rarely hassles Angel now. Up until about a week ago the rams spent a lot of time 'facing-off' & lip-locking, especially at feeding times - They'd often miss out on the live food because while they fought over it the other fish would polish it off! They established separate dens in opposite corners of the tank & whenever Buttface came out of 'his' corner Baby would stare briefly before charging accross the tank at 'her' larger tankmate.

About a month ago Baby's frontal dorsal rays became more pronounced as did the trailing edges on the dorsal & tail fins. By now I'm beginning to think that I sexed them both wrongly initially.

Suddenly within the last week they're like best buddies swimming around peacefully together and sharing the den which fortunately is the one in the nearside corner enabling better observation. They're very protective of this den regularly cleaning it & seeing off any fish that comes near it, even having a go at a 12" pleco.

It seems quite unlikely that 2 males would be so chummy but I know there are exceptions to every rule so any confirmation of my current belief the Buttface (Left) is female & Baby buttface (Right) is male would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

DSC_0346.jpg

BUTTFACE

BF.jpg

BABY BUTTFACE

BB.jpg

Poorboy

My new gbr's

Love these little guys

Attachments

bigli13

053.JPG
Heres my gold pair.

magnus

IMAG0651.jpg

Cman7

New GBR

Sent from my XT897 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attachments

slayer980

My 2 bolivian rams. Think both are male but top is wilma and bottom is fred

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

My 2 bolivian rams. Fred and wilma. Wilma is the paler one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attachments

Harrison

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1409516576.395120.jpg
my electric blue unsure weather male or female

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1410029353.288658.jpg

My new male German blue ram!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1410029553.449788.jpg

The hopefully breeding pair

MidnightL

My 2 Gold Ram lovelies. First pic is the male. Second and third are my female (she has a red strip on her side).
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1416026993.637167.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1416027039.080269.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1416027049.095759.jpg

njxrinzler

My bolivian ram male

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1427459348.130653.jpg

Vyvid

Couple pics of my juvie GBR pair.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1427678416.204648.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1427678441.206098.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1427678465.818426.jpg

tenshichan82

tenshichan82 said:
Here are the 2 bolivian rams I purchased 4 days ago. Can anyone weigh in on which one is male and which is female? I have got conflicting answers on this forum and would like some more opinions. Thanks

Attachments

biller

My Bolivian rams

Sent from my P900/Q900 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attachments

Top Bottom