Who here watches Football(Soccer)?

jinjerJOSH22

I'm a Liverpool F.C fan
What a season we're having, unbeaten in the league after 13 games, winning all but one.
Interested to see who else watches and what team you support?

and remember RESPECT.

Coradee

YNWA

DoubleDutch

Coradee said:
Hahaha.

Ajax Amsterdam here.

But I love Liverpool for making Virgil van Dijk and Georginio Wijnaldum great players. Both have become great guys (as player and as humans).
Especially Georginio, in the absence of Virgil, has shown to be a great leader / captain in the racism-debate we (and the rest of the world) are facing. Indeed RESPECT (for that and for one another)

jinjerJOSH22

DoubleDutch said:
Hahaha.

Ajax Amsterdam here.

But I love Liverpool for making Virgil van Dijk and Georginio Wijnaldum great players. Both have become great guys (as player and as humans).
Especially Georginio, in the absence of Virgil, has shown to be a great leader / captain in the racism-debate we (and the rest of the world) are facing. Indeed RESPECT (for that and for one another)
That was a beautiful moment, class from the pair.
It must be exciting to be Dutch going into the Euros next year? what a team.

Roytoyjonez

Man utd. Sorry we can’t be friends haha

jinjerJOSH22

I might be a bit late but Liverpool FC to win, we always find a way
YNWA

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I might be a bit late but Liverpool FC to win, we always find a way
YNWA
Yooooo my man. Also a Liverpool FC fan. Virgil Van Dijk is my god. This last year has been insane.
YNWA

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
Yooooo my man. Also a Liverpool FC fan. Virgil Van Dijk is my god. This last year has been insane.
YNWA
"Insane" doesn't begin to cover it
It's a unreal year, we just keep going, Hendo's my man
6 more wins
YNWA

alx

This is now a Premier League thread. lol.

We got Danny Rose. Europa League here we come.

Amazoniantanklvr

vicvega said:
Hey, my name (not telling you which one) is Rose!

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
This is now a Premier League thread. lol.

Wow I had no idea he moved lol

You're actually there or there about, what a weird season

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
"Insane" doesn't begin to cover it
It's a unreal year, we just keep going, Hendo's my man
6 more wins
YNWA
Haha love Hendo. Finally getting the recognition he deserves. 6 more wins not too hard. Just gotta stay sharp after that. Love how our second team is making a run at the fa cup I think it's hilarious. Can't wait to play Atletico Madrid in a couple weeks here though.

alx

Have Liverpool fans been talking about going undefeated? Or is it bad luck to speak of it? Arsenal won 26 games that invincible season. You guys have 24 already, in 25 games. It's ridiculous.

Rev

vicvega said:
Have Liverpool fans been talking about going undefeated? Or is it bad luck to speak of it? Arsenal won 26 games that invincible season. You guys have 24 already, in 25 games. It's ridiculous.
I’m on the subreddit (that’s about the most exposure I can get here in the states) and it’s mixed. Too many times they’ve seen Liverpool at the top of the leaderboards winning the premier league and falling short. They’re excited and confident but don’t want to get too far ahead of themselves. Personally I’m superstitious with sports so I generally don’t risk it. That pretty much keeps me from getting into it. I don’t have the same experiences they do since I’m a more recent supporter. It can be very hard to get games here.

alx

Rev said:
I’m on the subreddit (that’s about the most exposure I can get here in the states) and it’s mixed. Too many times they’ve seen Liverpool at the top of the leaderboards winning the premier league and falling short. They’re excited and confident but don’t want to get too far ahead of themselves. Personally I’m superstitious with sports so I generally don’t risk it. That pretty much keeps me from getting into it. I don’t have the same experiences they do since I’m a more recent supporter. It can be very hard to get games here.
I hear ya. It's all online interaction for me too. Don't know anyone who follows the game like me.

Very hard to catch a game live. I'm on the west coast, so games start between 4 and 7AM. I keep up with the league with Match of The Day.

Rev

vicvega said:
I hear ya. It's all online interaction for me too. Don't know anyone who follows the game like me.

Very hard to catch a game live. I'm on the west coast, so games start between 4 and 7AM. I keep up with the league with Match of The Day.
I hear there are bars around sometimes. Probably hard depending on the team though they’re usually focused on one.

Oof yeah that’s really hard. That’s what kept me out of it originally. I’m not a morning person in the slightest. Fortunately so far this season Liverpool games have mostly been late morning early afternoon. Not too many 6am games. If I miss one I watch the highlights back at least. Sometimes it’s not even on tv so I have to use some sketchy third party stream instead of paying $30/month to watch everything. Very annoying. Wish it was more popular here.

Coradee

Moved out of the super bowl thread, us reds have to stick together

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
Rev said:
Going invincible is whatever, if it happens it happens, winning the league is the priority.
Remember we only lost one Prem game last season.
The turning point for pure belief rather than hope was the United game, beating them felt somewhat symbolic even if they are fighting to stay in the league

jinjerJOSH22

Coradee said:
Whoops just posted

Rev

Coradee said:
Haha I thought I was going crazy at first it took me a minute to figure out what was happening XD

Coradee

Hehe I’m on it this morning & only one coffee...... so far lol

alx

Howay The Lads.

I don't like Liverpool. Nothing personal, I don't like any of the Top 6. We robbed you guys of 30 million pounds for Big Andy Carroll. Who's now back with us, not scoring goals as usual.

Rev said:
I hear there are bars around sometimes. Probably hard depending on the team though they’re usually focused on one.

Oof yeah that’s really hard. That’s what kept me out of it originally. I’m not a morning person in the slightest. Fortunately so far this season Liverpool games have mostly been late morning early afternoon. Not too many 6am games. If I miss one I watch the highlights back at least. Sometimes it’s not even on tv so I have to use some sketchy third party stream instead of paying $30/month to watch everything. Very annoying. Wish it was more popular here.
Ya I stream most of my games too. I love the late games on Sundays that come on around 9am my time. And of course the Monday Night matches.

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Going invincible is whatever, if it happens it happens, winning the league is the priority.
Remember we only lost one Prem game last season.
The turning point for pure belief rather than hope was the United game, beating them felt somewhat symbolic even if they are fighting to stay in the league
My old high school English teacher is ironically English and a massive Man U fan. It hurts him to see the state they’re in now. And it hurts him even more to have to factually recognize how absurdly good Liverpool is right now. Went back as an alumnI a month ago and it was very fun to watch him struggle with his hatred of Liverpool but respect for Klopp and the team with all they’ve accomplished so far.

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:

It's frustrating here in the UK, since Saturday 3pm kickoffs aren't televised, infact the last two matches haven't been because of the league cup
vicvega said:
Howay The Lads.

I don't like Liverpool. Nothing personal, I don't like any of the Top 6. We robbed you guys of 30 million pounds for Big Andy Carroll. Who's now back with us, not scoring goals as usual.

Ya I stream most of my games too. I love the late games on Sundays that come on around 9am my time. And of course the Monday Night matches.
I respect Newcastle, there's usually a understanding between fans, fantastic stadiums, historic clubs.
Rev said:
My old high school English teacher is ironically English and a massive Man U fan. It hurts him to see the state they’re in now. And it hurts him even more to have to factually recognize how absurdly good Liverpool is right now. Went back as an alumnI a month ago and it was very fun to watch him struggle with his hatred of Liverpool but respect for Klopp and the team with all they’ve accomplished so far.
My next-door neighbors are both United fans(and friends) it's been quite funny their meltdowns over the difference between us

Coradee

vicvega said:
Howay The Lads.

You certainly did, what were we thinking!?
I have to sort of support Newcastle as my son in law is from around there, but I just have to say Boxing Day 2018 was a good day at Anfield for me, it was a bit quiet in the car going home that day hehe

alx

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I respect Newcastle, there's usually a understanding between fans, fantastic stadiums, historic clubs.
Ya, we are both are Northern clubs. I'm just a bitter Newcastle fan, don't mind me. You are in Wales, how did you become a Reds supporter? I wish Gareth would come back to the league.

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
Ya, we are both are Northern clubs. I'm just a bitter Newcastle fan, don't mind me. You are in Wales, how did you become a Reds supporter? I wish Gareth would come back to the league.
The eldest members of my family are from Liverpool and either a Red or Toffee and luckily my Uncle that was close to me was a die hard Red
Don't get me started on Bale it's ridiculous

DoubleDutch

Again a Dutchy that helped Liverpool Coradee.

Steven Bergwijn made a great debut playing for The Spurs.

alx

Coradee said:
You certainly did, what were we thinking!?
I have to sort of support Newcastle as my son in law is from around there, but I just have to say Boxing Day 2018 was a good day at Anfield for me, it was a bit quiet in the car going home that day hehe
Well if I remember correctly Andy had 11 in 16 Premier League games before you guys bought him. He never should have left us You guys did ok with GinI though

jinjerJOSH22

DoubleDutch said:

What a debut, that finish, he ran them ragged.

Coradee

DoubleDutch said:

Indeed!

alx

DoubleDutch said:

TI'm Krul is a Dutch Newcastle Legend. Jetro had a good year with us this year before his injury.

alx

Super weird when an alleged murderer is rumored to be buying your club and turning them into the next Man City.

Coradee

I’ll just leave you all with an ear worm for the rest of the day

Kevin1962

Rev said:

Man City for me. Not a good season for my team. "Pool will take the title easily.
I subscribe to DAZN which is very reasonable amd good stream and carries the major sports. The only carrier of Prem matches in Canada.
I've wanted to kidnap Virgil for City for years. Guy is a beast.

DoubleDutch

Kevin1962 said:
Man City for me. Not a good season for my team. "Pool will take the title easily.
I subscribe to DAZN which is very reasonable amd good stream and carries the major sports. The only carrier of Prem matches in Canada.
I've wanted to kidnap Virgil for City for years. Guy is a beast.
2 years ago we all thought Dutch soccer was dead cause there weren't any talents woohahahaha.

How things can change.

Rev

DoubleDutch said:
2 years ago we all thought Dutch soccer was dead cause there weren't any talents woohahahaha.

How things can change.
I've always loved watching the Dutch national team play. They're what got me into soccer. I only watched international games for a long time. Arjen Robben and Robin van Persie were so much fun to watch. Fell in love with the 2010 World Cup squad and just kept watching and rooting for the Dutch since then. At the end of the last NFL season I decided I needed another sport to watch because the offseason of nothing was just brutal. So I moved right on over to looking at the rest of the world's football. Watched all of the Dutch Nations league games in 2019 and couldn't get enough of him. Started researching Liverpool the city, club and it's history and that settled it. Historic club, extremely dedicated and passionate fanbase, history of success, and a home field that has a phenomenal atmosphere and makes it very difficult for visiting teams to play there. A lot of parallels to my Green Bay Packers, I wanted that same feel. Had no idea they just barely lost the Premier league and completely forgot they won the Champions League. No clue how I managed to forget that, my brother is a Tottenham fan he was livid. My memory is just garbage.

jinjerJOSH22

Just found out our FA cup replay won't be televised in the UK the 3rd consecutive matchead:

alx

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Just found out our FA cup replay won't be televised in the UK the 3rd consecutive matchead:
The FA Cup should do away with replays.

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
The FA Cup should do away with replays.
The biggest argument I see is how much lower league teams make from them, imo, the team drawn out the hat first should be able to choose home or away. If the lower team wants it they can choose to play at the prem ground.

alx

jinjerJOSH22 said:
The biggest argument I see is how much lower league teams make from them, imo, the team drawn out the hat first should be able to choose home or away. If the lower team wants it they can choose to play at the prem ground.
Right. Maybe have the lower league clubs always get the home game. And somehow force the Prem teams to actually care about the cup before the final.

Kevin1962

Rev said:
I've always loved watching the Dutch national team play. They're what got me into soccer. I only watched international games for a long time. Arjen Robben and Robin van Persie were so much fun to watch. Fell in love with the 2010 World Cup squad and just kept watching and rooting for the Dutch since then. At the end of the last NFL season I decided I needed another sport to watch because the offseason of nothing was just brutal. So I moved right on over to looking at the rest of the world's football. Watched all of the Dutch Nations league games in 2019 and couldn't get enough of him. Started researching Liverpool the city, club and it's history and that settled it. Historic club, extremely dedicated and passionate fanbase, history of success, and a home field that has a phenomenal atmosphere and makes it very difficult for visiting teams to play there. A lot of parallels to my Green Bay Packers, I wanted that same feel. Had no idea they just barely lost the Premier league and completely forgot they won the Champions League. No clue how I managed to forget that, my brother is a Tottenham fan he was livid. My memory is just garbage.
As is your choice of club. Lol.
We aren't as tribal in north america as they are in England, and that's a good thing.
My first trip to Manchester to see matches opened my eyes. First match was the home derby v manu re. Intense. We won and spent the night in a City pub which was manic. Good times.
Watched City beat Liverpool, then lose the away match to Villa. Saw a cup match. A few more trips to Manchester and saw us win the match v QPR. What a see-saw of emotion that was.
Can't get over there enough.
The curry in Manchester will blow your mind.

alx

We get little to none Euro 2020 coverage here. How are people liking the number of host countries?

pagoda

The team that I followed...and have done for most of my life...RSC Anderlecht and despite being a Brit, I have always followed Belgian Rode Duivels national team

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
We get little to none Euro 2020 coverage here. How are people liking the number of host countries?
Some of it's in the UK right including the final?
My interest in International football is little, it helps that Wales have actually qualified
As long as Liverpool players do well and come back injury free.

DoubleDutch

pagoda said:
The team that I followed...and have done for most of my life...RSC Anderlecht and despite being a Brit, I have always followed Belgian Rode Duivels national team
You haven't been busy then over the years . Jooooking.

Dutchy Rob Rensenbrink who played for Amderlecht for years recently died.
A great player. Famous / notorious for his ball against the pole in the last minute of the final in 1978 against Argentina.

DoubleDutch

jinjerJOSH22 said:
My interest in International football is little, it helps that Wales have actually qualified
Still after Brexit hahaha?

alx

pagoda said:
My club bought a couple good players from Anderlect. Chancel Mbemba and Mitrovic.

jinjerJOSH22 said:
It's all over Europe. 12 countries. The final is at Wembley. I don't really follow international except for the World Cup and Euros. Some say the Euros are a better competition.

pagoda

DoubleDutch said:
You haven't been busy then over the years . Jooooking.

Dutchy Rob Rensenbrink who played for Amderlecht for years recently died.
A great player. Famous / notorious for his ball against the pole in the last minute of the final in 1978 against Argentina.

Yes well....we have Herman Van Holsbeeck and Roger Vandenstock to hold accountable for the frankly lamentable state our club is in currently....those two and a rogue agent, MogI Bayat, pretty much cleared the bank account. Now that Marc Coucke is the owner things are slowly turning around, granted not as quickly as some might wish but considering the club was bankrupt up until 6 months ago, things will take time to restabilise. Vincent Kompany is doing his best but he is only human and I seriously doubt he realised just how bad things were financially for the club when he came over last summer.

Robbie was an awesome player, much repected by everyone and a very sad loss to his family, clubmates and all who knew him

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
My club bought a couple good players from Anderlect. Chancel Mbemba and Mitrovic.

It's all over Europe. 12 countries. The final is at Wembley. I don't really follow international except for the World Cup and Euros. Some say the Euros are a better competition.
Wales have actually qualified for the last two Euros so i'd probably agree
DoubleDutch said:
Still after Brexit hahaha?
Well this is what happens when a comedian takes over your Government, you become the laughing stock of the world

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom