Who here watches Football(Soccer)? - Page 3

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
Anybody else confused by that Salah substitution? The offense completely vanished after that. Everything else made sense.
A little, maybe it's to wrap him up, if Mané is out, we can't risk Salah and to be honest 1-0 is no worry.
I thought GinI was poor tonight, usually his retention is second to none but his first tough was letting him down. Not the only one mind.

alx

PSG get that all important away goal.

Liverpool go back to Anfield with some work to do.

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
A little, maybe it's to wrap him up, if Mané is out, we can't risk Salah and to be honest 1-0 is no worry.
I thought GinI was poor tonight, usually his retention is second to none but his first tough was letting him down. Not the only one mind.
I don't know. I love Ox but I feel like we could've equalized with Mo. Midfield was struggling a lot as a whole. Would've rather taken GinI out of Keita. Oh well. Very confident in playing at Anfield coming up so not too worried. Coming home even would've been very nice though.

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
I don't know. I love Ox but I feel like we could've equalized with Mo. Midfield was struggling a lot as a whole. Would've rather taken GinI out of Keita. Oh well. Very confident in playing at Anfield coming up so not too worried. Coming home even would've been very nice though.
I thought Ox for GinI was the shout, keep Mo inside wide and Ox through the middle where he can do his thing.
I'm off for the night, I always feel tired after Liverpool matches for some reason

alx

Atalanta v Valencia
Spurs v Leipzig

Also, City v West Ham.

DoubleDutch

Bye bye Valencia. OMG.

The Dutchies doing wellllllllll with Atalanta.

jinjerJOSH22

Rangers

DoubleDutch

Uhhhhhh celebration at

Chelsea - Tottenham

First match with a blind VAR ever.

jinjerJOSH22

DoubleDutch said:
Uhhhhhh celebration at

Chelsea - Tottenham

First match with a blind VAR ever.
That can't be true ..... have you not been watching the Premier League this season

DoubleDutch

Watching Leicester - Man.City

Great match hahaha

DoubleDutch

Schmeigellllllllll

DoubleDutch

VAR appears to be the same woohahaha.
Hoping he has foundd his specs in time.

jinjerJOSH22

DoubleDutch said:
VAR appears to be the same woohahaha.
Hoping he has foundd his specs in time.
Apparently didn't have them in the first half and luckily found them in time to award City that pen

jinjerJOSH22

Sweat! No I just fell in my tank

pagoda

I got a shock yesterday

My beloved Anderlecht actually won a game

6-1

Why they have not played like that all season is totally beyond me

Rev

My heart and blood pressure did not appreciate that game. But man that was fun to watch neither team gave up in the slightest.

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
My heart and blood pressure did not appreciate that game. But man that was fun to watch neither team gave up in the slightest.
I take some responsibility
I said "I didn't want to thrash them" and "I wanted a good game" after we scored our first, so y'know sorry

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I take some responsibility
I said "I didn't want to thrash them" and "I wanted a good game" after we scored our first, so y'know sorry
Don't tell me you said something similar for the Athletico game too

Honestly though after that beautiful goal by GinI to start the game I thought it was over. Couldn't have been more wrong.

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
Don't tell me you said something similar for the Athletico game too

Honestly though after that beautiful goal by GinI to start the game I thought it was over. Couldn't have been more wrong.
Maybe ..... No AtlétI are one of the few teams I never want us to draw. Most top teams are quite open in the way they play and when you give us space... well you know. AtlétI are good at the dark arts it's why they've been so good in European competitions, not the only reason but one of them

The quality that kid has is astounding, if only that 30 yard drive goes in

alx

Are the Hammers going down? I have this weird thing I do, I follow David Moyes' career.

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
Are the Hammers going down? I have this weird thing I do, I follow David Moyes' career.
I'd say they have too much quality but better teams have been relegated with better managers.

Rev

After having months of pretty much having games every 3 days, games now being 5+ days apart is so weird. It's only a small difference but it feels like a lot. Every day at that 3 day mark I'm like alright when's the game on. Help I'm going through withdrawals

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
After having months of pretty much having games every 3 days, games now being 5+ days apart is so weird. It's only a small difference but it feels like a lot. Every day at that 3 day mark I'm like alright when's the game on. Help I'm going through withdrawals
Have you not been watching the Champions/Europa league? Or do you mean us

DoubleDutch

All Dutch teams were thrown out.
Only good thing js these days they don't have to travel around Europe anymore this year.

jinjerJOSH22

DoubleDutch said:
All Dutch teams were thrown out.
Only good thing js these days they don't have to travel around Europe anymore this year.
Shocked at Ajax and Celtic not so much Arsenal

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Have you not been watching the Champions/Europa league? Or do you mean us
Nah I mean us Haven't been getting much of the europa league here. Missed the last couple champions league games too. So haven't bothered to go out of my way for it. I'll fold myself 5 times over to watch a Liverpool game though Unfortunately in the US not much soccer on tv. They don't even really do MLS games on tv. Granted they suck but it is our garbage league. And there's no real good streaming services at an affordable price.

pagoda

Club Brugge was an embarrassment to Belgian football last night....which is why I hate that team so much

They are league leaders at present for the title this season yet they basically did not get off the plane last night against a much underwhelming MUFC

Belgian football produses some of the best players....but from some of the worst teams

Gent lost too but at least they tried last night

Rev

That was painful to watch. Possibly the worst game I've seen. Everybody played like trash. Lovren couldn't not make a mistake. And for whatever reason everybody kept falling over every couple minutes.

pagoda

We won again 3-0

Why we didn't play this well from the start of the season is anyone's guess.....

ghostdawg

I have watched a few games here & there but I must say, it's long & boring, not enough scoring for me!

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
That was painful to watch. Possibly the worst game I've seen. Everybody played like trash. Lovren couldn't not make a mistake. And for whatever reason everybody kept falling over every couple minutes.
We're lucky you can't have a points deduction for performance
4 more to go

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
We're lucky you can't have a points deduction for performance
4 more to go
No kidding. Hopefully we got all the bad out. A moment of silence for the invincible season.

Coradee

Oh dear not one of our best performances, Lovren had a nightmare, Trent went to sleep & we missed Henderson to run the midfield don‘t even think I can pick a man of the match we were so poor
Oh well, onwards & upwards

pagoda

OK....now here's a question to all Liverpool fans

There is a chance, albeit slight, that due to the virus that the current season could be null and void by ending it early as a preventative measure to try and stop spread

Today France banned all gatherings of 5000 people and over, which would include football games

If the FA does null and void this season it will mean Liverpool might not get the title despite being well infront

What are your thoughts on that if it actually happens?

jinjerJOSH22

Coradee said:
Oh dear not one of our best performances, Lovren had a nightmare, Trent went to sleep & we missed Henderson to run the midfield don‘t even think I can pick a man of the match we were so poor
Oh well, onwards & upwards
AlI if anyone, nice to see Minamino get some minutes and a few nice touches.
I like Lovern and I think he gets harsh criticism at times but my word was he poor today.
It's been proven time and time again, we play better with Hendo in the team and we have done for years.
We go again

jinjerJOSH22

pagoda said:
OK....now here's a question to all Liverpool fans

There is a chance, albeit slight, that due to the virus that the current season could be null and void by ending it early as a preventative measure to try and stop spread

Today France banned all gatherings of 5000 people and over, which would include football games

If the FA does null and void this season it will mean Liverpool might not get the title despite being well infront

What are your thoughts on that if it actually happens?
It would be laughable, first WW3 now this. What's next

pagoda

I spose the FA could do as Serie A has done and postpone games til the end of the season or play behind closed doors

However with the Euro2020 competition this down season, and an already overcrowded fixture list, there is very little room to move matches in the EPL to the end of the season

So apart from closed door games the FA might have no alternative but to end the season early....what other alternatives are there?

alx

1 win in 11 for Newcastle. No goals in 6 hours. Only 5 points clear of the drop zone. Things are beginning to look a little dire.

pagoda

So now it begins...

Switzerland's FA have formerly suspended the season until at least March 23 across all leagues to try and prevent the spread of Coronavirus

They had looked at closed door games but it just would not have been viable or practical

So which FA will be next to suspend the current season either temporarily or totally?

pagoda

Serie A

"
Geen fans uit Lombardije, Emilia-Romagna of Veneto welkom in Turijn

De terugmatch in de halve finales tussen Juventus en Milan in Turijn zal woensdag zonder fans uit de regio's Lombardije, Emilia-Romagna en Veneto plaatsvinden. Dat heeft Juventus bekendgemaakt. In die regio's zijn de meeste coronagevallen in Italië, dat zwaar getroffen is door het virus. De club steunt haar beslissing op een decreet dat de Italiaanse regering gisteren heeft aangenomen in de strijd tegen het virus. Tot 8 maart is er een verbod op verplaatsingen van fans uit de genoemde regio's, maar ook uit de provincies Savona, Pesaro en Urbino. "Alle tickethouders zullen een identiteitskaart moeten tonen om hun woonplaats kenbaar te maken. Bij twijfel over de residentie, wordt de toegang tot het stadion verboden", luidt het. "

Which roughly translated....

No fans from Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna or Veneto welcome to Turin

The return match in the semi-finals between Juventus and Milan in Turin will take place on Wednesday without fans from the regions of Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna and Veneto. Juventus has announced this. In those regions, most corona cases are in Italy, which has been hit hard by the virus. The club supports its decision on a decree that the Italian government adopted yesterday in the fight against the virus. Until March 8 there is a ban on relocation of fans from the aforementioned regions, but also from the provinces of Savona, Pesaro and Urbino. "All ticket holders will have to show an identity card to indicate their place of residence. When in doubt about the residence, access to the stadium is prohibited," it says.

pagoda

All Italian sporting events, including all football games, are to be behind closed doors from now til at least April 3 according to the Italian government

pagoda

Can you imagine this happening at any other club?

Last night my club, Anderlecht, beat Zulte Waregem 7-0 at home

Today the board of directors at Zulte Waregem has demanded that their players refund all travel and gate costs out of their own pockets to all fans who attended the game as punishment for such a terrible game & result.

Coradee

Judging by Everton’s performance today maybe they should be doing the same for their travelling fans

DoubleDutch

MUN-MCI !!!

Coradee

DoubleDutch said:
MUN-MCI !!!
I’m listening to that match as a neutral as I dislike both clubs almost the same

jinjerJOSH22

Coradee said:
I’m listening to that match as a neutral as I dislike both clubs almost the same
Watching with a City mate so I’m firmly backing the
Whoever wins we get to kickback and enjoy

Coradee

I feel your pain, I have to dislike City slightly less as that was my Dad’s team

DoubleDutch

In the break I watched Dutch soccer !Argghhhhhhhh

You guys don't realise how blessed you are with the Premier League. That's.soccer !

Rev

DoubleDutch said:
In the break I watched Dutch soccer !Argghhhhhhhh

You guys don't realise how blessed you are with the Premier League. That's.soccer !
Hey it can't be worse than MLS. I don't even know what to call that but it's not soccer

Coradee

Hmm if my maths is correct (someone check please the suspense is killing me!) we could actually win the league on March 16 against Everton, how sweet would that be! hehe

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom