Who here watches Football(Soccer)? - Page 2

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Some of it's in the UK right including the final?
My interest in International football is little, it helps that Wales have actually qualified
As long as Liverpool players do well and come back injury free.
I keep forgetting you're Welsh XD Gets me every time for whatever reason. Do you have a funny accent?

With that aside go Netherlands and return GinI and Virgil safely please thank you we need them.

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
I keep forgetting you're Welsh XD Gets me every time for whatever reason. Do you have a funny accent?

With that aside go Netherlands and return GinI and Virgil safely please thank you we need them.
Not really, i'm from North Wales, my Accent is more Scouse than your typical Welsh
I've always wanted a proper Welsh Accent but alas "I can put it on for short periods I can" see

pagoda

The only potentially good thing with footy & Brexit is that we might actually get some decent footy academies set up by the larger EFL and EPL clubs and thus bring through some English born talent instead of depending on foreign players so much. The England national team is fast running out of suitable players for when the current crop are too old.

The FA are consulting at the moment regarding having a minimum 13 English players on each team per game. Alot of clubs are getting very upset with that idea but elsewhere in the footy world its totally normal to have a set number of homegrown players on the match sheet

jinjerJOSH22

pagoda said:
The only potentially good thing with footy & Brexit is that we might actually get some decent footy academies set up by the larger EFL and EPL clubs and thus bring through some English born talent instead of depending on foreign players so much. The England national team is fast running out of suitable players for when the current crop are too old.

The FA are consulting at the moment regarding having a minimum 13 English players on each team per game. Alot of clubs are getting very upset with that idea but elsewhere in the footy world its totally normal to have a set number of homegrown players on the match sheet
Hasn't the "Next crop" actually done well at youth level? Englands youth looks promising already imo.

pagoda

At youth level they are not doing badly but for the next generations and actually finding players who are natural talent, the search is a lot harder. Schools don't encourage footy so much anymore....not allowed to head the ball anymore. There used to be some great academies in English footy but not so much now

Compare that to Belgium and the academies there are second to none and have produced some great players.......the Lukaku brothers, De Bruyne, Tielemans, Praet, the Hazard brothers etc

alx

pagoda said:

Per game? Geez. I believe they only need to have 8 HG players players on the roster. 13 PER GAME seems like a lot.

Rev

pagoda said:
Schools don't encourage footy so much anymore....not allowed to head the ball anymore. There used to be some great academies in English footy but not so much now
Send em over to the US here, we got our American Football they'll be fine with headers real quick. Looks super nice compared to a minI car crash every 30 seconds. Soccer is really on the rise in the US because of that. Granted our national team still sucks. Guess it's all about perspective.

jinjerJOSH22

pagoda said:
At youth level they are not doing badly but for the next generations and actually finding players who are natural talent, the search is a lot harder. Schools don't encourage footy so much anymore....not allowed to head the ball anymore. There used to be some great academies in English footy but not so much now

Compare that to Belgium and the academies there are second to none and have produced some great players.......the Lukaku brothers, De Bruyne, Tielemans, Praet, the Hazard brothers etc
England has produced the best right back in the world, that counts
vicvega said:
Per game? Geez. I believe they only need to have 8 HG players players on the roster. 13 PER GAME seems like a lot.
In the 25 man squad.

pagoda

vicvega said:
13 is not that hard....especially when you have 11 on the pitch and your subs bench. As long as there are 13 per game on the starting line up and bench, its fine and should be easy to manage

alx

jinjerJOSH22 said:
In the 25 man squad.
Oh well that is different lol

alx

I like that the Premier League showcases the best talent in the world. And less of it aka more English, is not as appealing to me.

Don't get me wrong my national team would kill for a 1/10 of the current crop of English players. But I like the more international feel. I'm sure its a bit different for you English folk.

Rev

So how are our Man City fans holding up getting banned from the Champions League for the next two seasons?

pagoda

I think most people were resigned to the probability of a ban.

You do have to wonder if the club has been made an example of though cos they are not the only ones to have made mistakes on FFP....Real Madrid, PSG, Barca and a few others have done it too, so will be interesting to see if any other clubs are punished in the same way

One thing for sure it will open up CL for the next two seasons to other teams that never quite make the cut

alx

If the season ended today Sheffield would be in the UCL.

pagoda

Sheffield have done very well this season, far better than many of the pundits predicted

DoubleDutch

Norwich - Liverpool

alx

The Toon play Arsenal tomorrow. I can't ever forget this game and especially this goal.

BOOM BOOM! CHEICK CHEICK THE ROOM. Rest In Peace.

jinjerJOSH22

DoubleDutch said:
Norwich - Liverpool
Was actually a good match, Mané is something else

Coradee

That was tough especially with the atrocious weather, all credit to Norwich they made us work for it

DoubleDutch

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Hahaha though he made a foul before scoring. Only 25 points in front of MC !

Coradee said:
That was tough especially with the atrocious weather, all credit to Norwich they made us work for it
Think Krul wil be with the National team again. Mannnnnnn

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
That goal was nuts. Somehow he always finds a way to fit it right in there. Loved how back and forth the match was kept it competitive instead of the normal 80-20 dominating possession with no counters.

jinjerJOSH22

DoubleDutch said:
Hahaha though he made a foul before scoring. Only 25 points in front of MC !
I guess that Norwich player earlier was just a big Virge fan but giving him a hug in the box, in the middle of the match was questionable...
Rev said:
That goal was nuts. Somehow he always finds a way to fit it right in there. Loved how back and forth the match was kept it competitive instead of the normal 80-20 dominating possession with no counters.
He's class.
Most of our matches have been, it's why I don't buy, "Liverpool are winning because the league is carp this season"

DoubleDutch

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I guess that Norwich player earlier was just a big Virge fan but giving him a hug in the box, in the middle of the match was questionable...

He's class.
Most of our matches have been, it's why I don't buy, "Liverpool are winning because the league is carp this season"
Wanted to say that hahahaha.
A clear penaltyworthy hug.

Coradee

My son in law took his dad to the National football museum & while he was there he bought me this & issued me a challenge to get Jurgen to sign it lol

I’ve seen him twice this week, once when I was on the bus & once he‘s driven past me, I need to bump into him on foot!

DoubleDutch

Coradee said:
My son in law took his dad to the National football museum & while he was there he bought me this & issued me a challenge to get Jurgen to sign it lol

I’ve seen him twice this week, once when I was on the bus & once he‘s driven past me, I need to bump into him on foot!
Iguess he wasn't driving an Opel Corsa ?

Coradee

Haha he was, a black one, an Opel not sure what model

alx

I love Jurgen. He is my favorite manager. Don't really follow the Bundesliga but if I did my team would be Dortmund.

Gegenpressing!

Brendan Rodgers didn't exactly work out at Anfield before Jurgen but isn't he having quite the comeback to the Premier League?

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
I love Jurgen. He is my favorite manager. Don't really follow the Bundesliga but if I did my team would be Dortmund.

Gegenpressing!

Brendan Rodgers didn't exactly work out at Anfield before Jurgen but isn't he having quite the comeback to the Premier League?
Funnily enough, a few years ago me and a friend wanted to expand our football horizons, so we picked a another team to follow. He picked Bayern and I picked BVB because the way they played was mesmerizing on and off the ball. Two seasons later their manager became ours, I was happy to say the least

Brendan was a good manger for us but the mix of lackluster signings and the fact he lost 50 goals after 13/14, 30 through Suarez leaving and 20 because Sturridge was constantly injured then tried to replace them with Ricky Lambert

He's definitely quality though, Leicester play some fantastic football.

pagoda

I see that the vultures are already circling above Man City

180m bid for Sterling from Real Madrid....Juventus wanting to secure Guardiola

What concerns me about this whole thing about FFP is that those two clubs - amongst others - have also played fast and loose with the FFP rules yet seem immune from any form of punishment, instead they appear to be getting first pickings from the wreckage of City

Conspiracy theorists would have a field day

But tbh its Guardiola and the players who I feel for the most. For it is they who have placed their loyalty for their club, their bodies each weekend, their heart and soul in winning titles and making their fans & families proud

I know and I "get" that none of them did it for free, most if not all have been paid frankly obscene wages for kicking a ball

The clubs broke the rules on FFP....but ultimately its the players and manager who will take the punishment. The club can rebuild itself and its shattered reputation.....but a lot of the players are approaching the end of their career, they are close to 30 years old or more when the ban ends in two years time

The club can be the proverbial phoenix and rise again.....but the players......who is going to give them those years back that have now been so badly tarnished?

Redshark1

Who is most handsome manager. Klopp or Guardiola?

I ask because Pep is so far behind I can't see his face anymore! LOL!

Redshark1

DoubleDutch said:
Norwich - Liverpool
Good match. Even the bottom team is a joy to watch in this league. No?

alx

Redshark1 said:

LOL!

How about Andre Villas Boas and Diego Simeone?

DoubleDutch

Redshark1 said:
Hahahaha it was Steve.
Was thinking exactly that when I watched a Dutch game this afternoon. So badddddd.

jinjerJOSH22

Redshark1 said:

Definitely Kloppo, his beard wins it for sure
Redshark1 said:
I don't understand how they're 20th and so far behind, they play some lovely football.

Coradee

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Definitely Kloppo, his beard wins it for sure
Definitely Klopp, his laughter cracks me up every time & he’s just so lovely with everyone.

FinalFins

Any Arsenal fans? ( just wondering, I'm Liverpool)

jinjerJOSH22

FinalFins said:
Doubt it, if the Emirates is to go by

DoubleDutch

FinalFins said:
I was when Dennis Bergkamp played hahahaha

Coradee

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Doubt it, if the Emirates is to go by
They did good today.... poor Newcastle

alx

Coradee said:
They did good today.... poor Newcastle
ead:

That 2nd half was a bit of a horror show.

Coradee

It certainly sounded like it
I was at Anfield Boxing Day before last when we also put 4 past them, they were woeful even under Rafa, its a shame to see them in this state

alx

Coradee said:
It certainly sounded like it
I was at Anfield Boxing Day before last when we also put 4 past them, they were woeful even under Rafa, its a shame to see them in this state
I miss Rafa. He is a legit elite manager.

I think we are over performing this season. We should be in a relegation fight with our 40m pound man Joelinton with 1 goal this year.

DoubleDutch

Uhhhh OMG Chelsey ???????????

jinjerJOSH22

I hate United so much, joke decisions

alx

A. Madrid v Liverpool
Dortmund v PSG

A couple interesting matches today.

jinjerJOSH22

vicvega said:
A. Madrid v Liverpool
Dortmund v PSG

A couple interesting matches today.
Looking forward to it, I love the Champions League.

alx

Haaland cannot be stopped!

alx

vicvega said:
Haaland cannot be stopped!
Another one. The fairy tale continues.

jinjerJOSH22

No worries, we go again!
I hope Hendo and Mané were taken off as a precaution

Rev

Anybody else confused by that Salah substitution? The offense completely vanished after that. Everything else made sense.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom