Gamers, what Are You Playing? - Page 23

Nickguy5467

playing the waiting game for GPUs while china destroys miners

inari

playing the waiting game for GPUs while china destroys miners

seems like a legit game. Though not one that I enjoy to be honest.

inari

The only freshwater fish there is is currently salmon. They’re not even entirely freshwater occurring fish. There’s squid and drowned which also occur in freshwater, but more fish please!

Here’s a list of candidates for potentially good aquatic mobs. Anyone here who may work for Mojang, take notes:

Freshwater:
- Angelfish
- Channel catfish
- Plecostomus
- Carp
- Perch
- Shrimp
- Crayfish
- Frog

Saltwater:
- Tang
- Cardinal
- Damsel
- Eel
- Starfish
- Prawn
- Anemone

Making aquariums in Minecraft could be so much fun if they gave the aquatic environments another overhaul while including these suggested mobs.

Fun fact: cichlids and bettas are already in Minecraft. There are variants of the tropical fish mob called bettas and cichlids. Strangely, they occur in reefs.

Clearly, someone did not do their research! It is just like I remember (though I do not know if this is still true) you could get an infinite supply of ink by setting up a pond in a dim (maybe dark) cave and squids would actually drown in the water (though they are aquatic figure that one out!) It was fun. But I mean it isn't like the water you drink in Minecrack and the sea water are actually 2 different things so there is that.....LOL

MoshJosh

Katamari Damacy REROLL!!! Really enjoyed it. I rented the original way back in the day. . . and didn't really get it at the time. Glad I went back and gave it another chance.

inari

Katamari Damacy REROLL!!! Really enjoyed it. I rented the original way back in the day. . . and didn't really get it at the time. Glad I went back and gave it another chance.

I love games like that. I have a stack of games to replace some of which I didn't understand or enjoy very much but looking back they make a bit more sense and I think they would be more enjoyable now than when I was younger.

ZeldaNerd

Anyone watch the new trailer for the Breath of the Wild Sequel?? Oh I'm so excited, this is the first thing they're shown in 2 years

inari

Anyone watch the new trailer for the Breath of the Wild Sequel?? Oh I'm so excited, this is the first thing they're shown in 2 years

I have still yet to beat the 1st one so I'm in no hurry to see a new one yet

ZeldaNerd

I have still yet to beat the 1st one so I'm in no hurry to see a new one yet
XD I feel that. I spent months on the first one, which I don't mind because it's an absolute gorgeous masterpiece. At least you'll have the sequel waiting for you once you're done!!

inari

XD I feel that. I spent months on the first one, which I don't mind because it's an absolute gorgeous masterpiece. At least you'll have the sequel waiting for you once you're done!!

My wife would have my head in a noose if I buy a game and then don't play it for months

Ouse

Yesterday I was building an axolotl aquarium on Minecraft and I discovered they’re incompatible with fish, just like in real life, but for a different reason. Fish will nip at an axolotl’s gills, but in Minecraft, the axolotls kill everything that moves, including all fish. In the end I had to make the axies their own species tank.

AverageAquarist22

I’m pretty excited about the axolotl update, I usually don’t get that excited about Minecraft anymore but I’m trying to think of a cool axolotl build I could do in creative :). I’m just waiting for part 2 of caves and cliffs because I can’t wait for lush caves!

Ouse

The geodes are cool.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I can't wait eithr, tough I already love using the deep slate bricks and azalea bus type thing and moss.

Ouse

I went and refurbished an aquarium I was building using the new materials such as amethyst, azaleas, drip leaves and lichens etc.

The warden will make me think twice before going mining.

AverageAquarist22

I actually really don’t like the warden idea, it seems too overpowered (if that’s the right word..? Idk lol)

Ouse

I actually really don’t like the warden idea, it seems too overpowered (if that’s the right word..? Idk lol)
The concept of a blind mob who feels his/her way around is clever, but scary. I assume the warden would be a rare encounter. If I stumble upon sculk sensors whilst mining I’m barricading myself into the walls, because sculk sensors mean a warden might be close. The least I would do is pack snowballs to confuse it.

I was exploring caves earlier and found an underwater lake with glow squids. I’m happy Mojang chose to add those in the end.

FoldedCheese

Relatively new gamer here. I Just finished the Witcher 3 and now I think i'm going to re-play Horizon Zero Dawn.

TheWhiteOpalReiichi

I figure this could be a thread for us gamers to post what games we're currently playing, what we think of them so far, and possibly post our gamertags or PSN ID's, etc and meet up and play together or against each other if up for it.

I was a hardcore gamer when I first signed up here, hence the name. Now I might get in a few hours weekly, I don't play PC games but if I got serious about the hobby again I would customise a laptop for Crysis, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

I'm playing PS3 and 360 games a few sessions a week: Max Payne 3, Rage, Black Ops and the ICO/Shadow of The Colossus Collection. Sometimes I like the WWE and UFC games. I am holding off on playing fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs. Capcom and Super Street Fighter 4 until I get a new arcade fightstick.
i loveeee the arkham knight series and i finished them all a year ago but i’ve decided that i want to replay them all again so here i am. i’m also starting assassins creed. i really like gta 5 too but i can’t really figure out how to make money because everyone in the servers is stealing my stock lol

Ouse

Begun a new Minecraft survival world a few hours ago and I already have over a stack of copper ingots and three diamonds. Cave update isn’t even finished and my chest is overflowing with the new stuff. Still, I’m yet to find amethyst geodes, calcite and glow squids etc in survival!

I did find a yellow axolotl whilst mining, but I had no choice but to leave it be because I forgot buckets.

I’m thinking of building my house out of copper blocks, so I won’t be able to have fish tanks. :( I’ll also have to set up a bee hive because I need wax to stop the copper from oxidising into copper carbonate where necessary. I plan to mix regular copper with copper carbonate because it will create a nice contrast.

Hehehehaw

In my survival world I was in a ravine and in a small stream of water cuz I found an Axolotl, then I was switching to my bucket a creeper blew me and the axolotl up. :(

Ouse

In my survival world I was in a ravine and in a small stream of water cuz I found an Axolotl, then I was switching to my bucket a creeper blew me and the axolotl up. :(
In my survival world I live next to multiple ravines. I might try to keep axolotls, but not in my main base. As I said already, it’ll be made of copper. We all know what happens when metals come into contact with aquariums...

SouthAmericanCichlids

But if you wax it, doesn't it not, regardless of the actual science?

Ouse

Ok so I gathered several stacks of raw copper, smelted it all into copper ingots and I only had enough to make 25 copper blocks. Sigh... this is going to take a while...
But if you wax it, doesn't it not, regardless of the actual science?
Sorry, not what?

SouthAmericanCichlids

Ok so I gathered several stacks of raw copper, smelted it all into copper ingots and I only had enough to make 25 copper blocks. Sigh... this is going to take a while...

Sorry, not what?
Not oxidize even if it's adjacent to a water block.

Ouse

I don't want to put water near copper because in real life copper is toxic to aquatic life, as with all metals. Might not be the case in Minecraft, but I wouldn't mix copper with fish in real life.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I don't want to put water near copper because in real life copper is toxic to aquatic life, as with all metals. Might not be the case in Minecraft, but I wouldn't mix copper with fish in real life.
Yeah, but it isn't in the game, so why not(In the game that is)?

Ouse

Yeah, but it isn't in the game, so why not(In the game that is)?
To create a sense of reality, so to speak. I wouldn’t use copper in a real aquarium, so I’d try not to in Minecraft too. Makes more sense that way.

DrWho42

i last played star wars: empire at war (2006) all the way until the end

Ouse

Finally got to making that copper house in Minecraft I was talking about previously. It uses mostly deepslate bricks and has a piston door made out of copper. I didn’t wax any of it, because I like the green colour it becomes.

I still have about ten blocks of copper left, so I can have some fun.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Finally got to making that copper house in Minecraft I was talking about previously. It uses mostly deepslate bricks and has a piston door made out of copper. I didn’t wax any of it, because I like the green colour it becomes.

I still have about ten blocks of copper left, so I can have some fun.
Any pics?

Ouse

Any pics?
Sure! :)

79ED7F3E-665B-4A6D-80AB-F7481A0643B6.jpeg
6831D332-10EC-4155-B4BB-EC516C3ABD3B.jpeg
8F11003E-6CC4-465E-9617-88F3BC267381.jpeg
9CA73169-2A82-4627-B5C3-2CC08F6C4B0E.jpeg
I might upgrade it further eventually. I might make a typical British house and live in it next. For now, this will do. It’s very cosy. Copper hasn’t begun to oxidise yet.

MyFishAddiction

Found a copy of Punch Out!! on the Wii, it's kept me busy the past couple of days.

MoshJosh

Hollow Knight. . . lots of Hollow Knight (on switch). Got “true” ending, beat NKG, stuck on third colosseum fight, haven’t started pantheon. . . I may need to take a break though haha

and I’ve been playing some Quake (also on switch)

Chewbacca773

Hollow Knight. . . lots of Hollow Knight (on switch). Got “true” ending, beat NKG, stuck on third colosseum fight, haven’t started pantheon. . . I may need to take a break though haha

and I’ve been playing some Quake (also on switch)
OMG I'm loving hollow knight. It's such a cool game

Yeoy

Just smashed out AC Odyssey. We're in lockdown for the foreseeable future so likely return to something I've already played just to kill time. Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War probably.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Just beat minecraft for the first time, and now am end busting, it takes so long.

foxrain4

Travian war browser game, laugh at me all you want, I will destroy your villages, yee haa!
Man, I actually have a lot of other web browser games that I like, like facebook farming games, narutoarena, flash car racing games. But since they stopped developing flash technology, all the games stopped working except for Travian.

BigManAquatics

Travian war browser game, laugh at me all you want, I will destroy your villages, yee haa!
Man, I actually have a lot of other web browser games that I like, like facebook farming games, narutoarena, flash car racing games. But since they stopped developing flash technology, all the games stopped working except for Travian.
Only browser game i sometimes play is The Oregon Trail. And some classic car one for ms/dos in a browser.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Got my 1st elytra, well second, the first I got and then died from a shulker float thing after I had already killed the shulker which killed me and then it despawned.

Revan

Minecraft, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Splitgate.

Minecraft is when the lag doesn't kill me (I'm on an xbox one s with bad internet and like servers) Battlefront 2 when I'm feeling a star wars vibe, and Splitgate when I feel like it.

MoshJosh

Not that I plan on letting my kids play tons of video games, but every once in a while they ask because they see me playing, but unfortunately many of the games I have on my computer are either too challenging or not really kid appropriate. Do you guys know of any games that would be good for a four-year-old and a seven-year-old some thing that’s maybe just pure exploration, or just some thing that all fun and no frustration?

I have tried letting them play a number of in the platform or type games, but the platform and sections and some of the puzzles can get frustrating for them.

MyFishAddiction

Even though it's 10 and up, I feel like Minecraft would be a great game for them. You can turn it on Peaceful and Creative and the could just do whatever they wanted.

Revan

Not that I plan on letting my kids play tons of video games, but every once in a while they ask because they see me playing, but unfortunately many of the games I have on my computer are either too challenging or not really kid appropriate. Do you guys know of any games that would be good for a four-year-old and a seven-year-old some thing that’s maybe just pure exploration, or just some thing that all fun and no frustration?

I have tried letting them play a number of in the platform or type games, but the platform and sections and some of the puzzles can get frustrating for them.
For kids that age, mobile games may do better, like clash royale. Keep in mind these are designed to be annoyingly addicting lol.

MyFishAddiction

Allay won Mob Vote, YAY! Deep dark postponement, warden with a sense of smell, boo!
(Minecraft, for all yall non minecrafters.)

Also Destroying siblings at Super Smash Ultimate.

Mii

Competitive Splatoon is the best thing ever. I main Grim Range Blaster, Dark Tetra Dualies(Supposedly they're named that because they can do four dodge rolls in a row, but everyone know they're actually named after fish), and the Splash-O-Matic.

FoldedCheese

fallout 4 has me rn.

belveder69

Civilization 3 with latest Expansion mod.

Jerome O'Neil

I have been binging on New World. Anyone here playing it? It's MMPORPG set up for Skyrim, basically. Fun, and really pretty.

MoshJosh

Metroid: Dread. . . Oh yeah!

BigManAquatics

Maybe if i ever turn on my PC i may play the Sims...maybe lol

Otherwise i haven't been playing anything latelyx except "what does the disc golf store and the LFS have today?"

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom