Gamers, what Are You Playing? - Page 24

yeti79

I got an Atari Flashback for my birthday and on the rare occasion I have time to play my go to game is Solaris. Wow it is difficult! Just glad internet is a thing now. Had this game growing up and really had no clue what the point of the game was or how to beat it. River Raid, Centipede and Frogger are also favorites.

BigManAquatics

I got an Atari Flashback for my birthday and on the rare occasion I have time to play my go to game is Solaris. Wow it is difficult! Just glad internet is a thing now. Had this game growing up and really had no clue what the point of the game was or how to beat it. River Raid, Centipede and Frogger are also favorites.
Big difference in games from then to now. Now, they are designed to be beat, whereas the old games, well, the designers just said "here kid, sorry about your luck!"

Alasse

Still playing Diablo3 lol I love it

yeti79

Big difference in games from then to now. Now, they are designed to be beat, whereas the old games, well, the designers just said "here kid, sorry about your luck!"
There is something special about the unbeatable games like Centipede, Asteroids and Space Invaders. Setting high score being the main goal gave it replay value because you could always do better.
My opinion Gravitar is the most difficult game.

MoshJosh

Sort of unrelated, but when I think of most difficult game, I guess I have to think of Devil Daggers. . . My record survival time is less than two minutes I think.

peachsonas

I’m definitely a non serious gamer but I’m super excited about the animal crossing DLC and update coming early November…

also I’ve been trying to 100% Yoshi’s island (the original SNES one on my switch emulator. I also have an original game boy advance copy!)

ChrissFishes01

Tried out Slipgate today - kind of a cross between a modern esports FPS and Portal. Free to play, and it supports cross play between Windows, Linux, and console. Pretty decent, but it's still got some kinks to work out.

Revan

Tried out Slipgate today - kind of a cross between a modern esports FPS and Portal. Free to play, and it supports cross play between Windows, Linux, and console. Pretty decent, but it's still got some kinks to work out.
Yeah, its pretty fun. I’m not great at shooters, so since most people in certain lobbies arent sweats, its a great casual game for me. I think there are a few sweaty modes though.

Mii

I am absolutely terrible in any shooter except Splatoon despite being pretty good in Splatoon, I'd say I'm *almost* good enough to get into comp but not quite good enough yet. Working on it though.

MyFishAddiction

Just got Star Wars: Squadrons. Wow. It's intense!

Sanderguy777

What's you all's thoughts on Far Cry 6? Worth the money, or is it like Ghost recon breakpoint (utterly money grabbing with basically no story and ALL the bugs?)

inari

What's you all's thoughts on Far Cry 6? Worth the money, or is it like Ghost recon breakpoint (utterly money grabbing with basically no story and ALL the bugs?)
I don't know specifically about Far Cry 6, but I know there is a lot of good said about the franchise as a whole!

Sanderguy777

I don't know specifically about Far Cry 6, but I know there is a lot of good said about the franchise as a whole!
I've only played FC5 before, and really enjoyed it, but from the reviews and stuff, 6 seems like a rerun at best and just a "please spend money" scheme at worst.

inari

I've only played FC5 before, and really enjoyed it, but from the reviews and stuff, 6 seems like a rerun at best and just a "please spend money" scheme at worst.
Seems like more games are starting to do that. Look at Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. It's been around since PS3 Now they are releasing yet another additional onto PS5 and PC (again!). I know it's a great game, but seriously Microsoft give us Elder Scrolls 6 already!

Sanderguy777

Seems like more games are starting to do that. Look at Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. It's been around since PS3 Now they are releasing yet another additional onto PS5 and PC (again!). I know it's a great game, but seriously Microsoft give us Elder Scrolls 6 already!
I mean, we complain now, but was anyone worried by the 6th Super Mario or 8th Mario Cart? Lol

JustAFishServant

All of the Endlers Scrolls, Fallout and Uncharted games, both of The Last Of Us, The Evil Within and Red Dead Redemption games, God of War 4 (favorite), Days Gone (other favorite), Ghost of Tsushima (other favorite), Grand Theft Auto V, Street Fighter 2, Final Fantasy 6 and 7 remake, Horizon Zero Dawn, Minecraft when I'm bored and many more. If we're talking about all types of games then jigsaw puzzles, Pictionary/Draw Something, Chutes & Ladders, Froggie Boogie, Connect 4, Uno and so many more...I'm "well rounded"

ForBettaorForWorse

I just finished Paper Mario Color Splash... Now I'm gonna hundred percent complete it...
I'm very proud, this is the first game I've ever completed:)

yukondog

Call of Duty 1,2 and three over for the 100th time.

Gamer

Halo Infinite MP has just dropped early as a surprise on Halo 20th Anniversary and got Forza Horizon 5. I feel like Microsoft has gone above and beyond this generation.

I just got back into the Xbox series x this year. I thought their launch of the xbone last gen was weak. But totally worth it this gen for Game Pass.

Boy am I rusty at halo now though lol

toeknee

I know what I'm not playing. Battlefield 2042. What a mess of a game launch. I'll give it another go in 3-6 months when they've had a chance to fix all the problems in the game.

Sanderguy777

I know what I'm not playing. Battlefield 2042. What a mess of a game launch. I'll give it another go in 3-6 months when they've had a chance to fix all the problems in the game.
Yeah...."fix" them...

If they're anything like Microsoft, they'll just leave the old bugs, and add new ones for more chaos lol

CreativeName1

Bf2042 and gta V right now

FoldedCheese

Does anyone have any recommendations for story heavy, RPGs?

Rylan

Arkham Asylum, Metroid Dread, and Majora’s Mask ( found a way to make my original N64 controller work with my old WiiU virtual console 64 games and I’m in heaven.)

Chewbacca773

Does anyone have any recommendations for story heavy, RPGs?
Hollow knight. So much lore. Just so much.

MoshJosh

Doom 3, Breath of the Wild, and Hollow Knight (all on switch).

ScuttleGecc

Haven't replied to this thread in quite a while! Nowadays I'm super into Toontown, both Rewritten and Corporate Clash. Usually on Clash, though!

KrissyBunnie

I've been doing the expeditions revisited on no man's sky. I've also been building my own city in a system named after Cowboy Bebop. I'll post pictures when it's closer to being done. :D

FGINMeIXsAUeBtR.jpeg

I also had a very good time playing Subnautica, but I'm taking a break from that now.

Hehehehaw

Anyone here play Clash Royale? I've been getting back into it as well as started Rocket League Sideswipe, it's really good, even better when you play with your friends.

FoldedCheese

Just started Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.

sairving

I've been playing Apex Legends and Cities Skylines lately.

MoshJosh

Playing a lot of Grime. . . awesome game!

ChrissFishes01

Just started playing through Telltale's The Walking Dead on my Switch. Picked up all three seasons for half off yesterday.

I played through them years ago on the 360 when they were first coming out, but I don't think I ever finished the second season, and I never played the third.

Also been playing some Castle Crashers - man, what a game, even 15 (going on 20, now?) years on.

ForBettaorForWorse

Still trying to 100% Paper Mario Color Splash... It's gonna be a LONG journey...

qldmick

Still playing Diablo3 lol I love it
Just finished act 2 in Diablo 2 Resurrected, pretty great, haven't played as a necromancer before, still figuring it out.

peachsonas

When I say I am a casual gamer, I mean it. I like Super Paper Mario, Stardew Valley, all those cute games. The only game I’m super serious about is Animal Crossing, which I have like 700+ hours in…I have no life…

ChrissFishes01

Been messing around a bit with some Civilization 6 - I got it on sale for like $20 (all DLC included) on Steam. Well worth it, IMO. I've put about 60 hours into it so far, and while it's starting to wear on me a bit, I can see myself coming back to it for a few games fairly often.

I've also been playing some older games. I pulled out the machine I use to run Windows XP games (it's a Dell Latitude D810 - old mid-2000's business machine that happens to have great specs for games from that era) and have been playing some Feeding Frenzy, Need For Speed, Midtown Madness, and Carmaggedon. All games that don't run super well on modern PCs - especially if you're running Linux like I am. It's nice to have some old hardware to play with sometimes, too. Anyone else remember laptop nipples? I still prefer them to trackpads.

Oh, and I played through the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead on my Switch. Amazing game, if you haven't given it a try.

ForBettaorForWorse

Today, I finally 100% completed Paper Mario Color Splash. Man it feels good:)

BlackOsprey

At the moment, Sunless Skies. It's sort of a hybrid between a rougelike dungeon-crawler and a textbased RPG, set in an alternative universe where Victorian London went to Lovecraftian outer space to build an interstellar British empire after murdering a sun. I now have an addiction to eldritch horror and Earl Grey tea.

MyFishAddiction

Jedi: Fallen Order. Highly recommend for any and all star wars fans.

sairving

Jedi: Fallen Order. Highly recommend for any and all star wars fans.
I like Jedi Fallen Order. It even has a heavy Tomb Raider vibe (original Tomb Raider series).
Been playing a lot of Apex Legends lately. I have some things that annoy me, but that boils down to terrible teammates.

Fishyfishyfishman

I loved jfo. got stuck a few times. War thunder. Terraria hollow knight

BigManAquatics

Put an emulator on my tablet. Playing Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES now.

carsonsgjs

Put an emulator on my tablet. Playing Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES now.
Big FF fan here too. Been itching to blow the dust off the old PS3 for a few weeks now. I’ve got 7,8,10 and 10-2 downloaded on there somewhere.

BigManAquatics

Big FF fan here too. Been itching to blow the dust off the old PS3 for a few weeks now. I’ve got 7,8,10 and 10-2 downloaded on there somewhere.
Yeah, had a ton of them on mine as well.

Spinich

W00t for Final Fantasy! I am playing Final Fantasy 7 on the PS1 retro console. Very nice feature to be able to save without a save point!

FishAndDoom

UFC 4, Outer Worlds, Star Wars Republic Commando, F1 2021. I can see Elden Ring coming up on the horizon.

Lifelong Playstation guy here, making the switch to Xbox whenever I can find a Series X. I want to continue playing Bethesda and Obsidian games (I LOVE Elder Scrolls, excitedly waiting for Outer Worlds 2 and Starfield). I don't know how I feel about it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

BigManAquatics

I still say 9 was one of my favorites...just because i liked that card game on the side lol

peachsonas

Stardew valley has been my recent obsession. They finally put Earthbound on the SNES emulator on my switch so i will be starting that tonight :)

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom