Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas PART 2 - Page 4

Gudgie

I love it! Thank you for giving them a good home! I hope the sisters are welcoming their sister nicely hilarious
So far so good! There’s been zero drama between them.

ree913

My girls are doing great ( all 12 of them) No issues at all. Maybe they know they're related

jake37

You have 12 girls together ?

My girls are doing great ( all 12 of them) No issues at all. Maybe they know they're related

kymob

My community tanks is doing GREAT. Thanks Philam. I actually have 9 girls in this 20 gallon.I love my girls
0731200950e~2.jpg
0731200950j~2.jpg

ree913

You have 12 girls together ?
yes in a 20 long
they are all siblings of then "fabulous 458 " Everyone respects there space.

My community tanks is doing GREAT. Thanks Philam. I actually have 9 girls in this 20 gallon.I love my girls
wow your girls look Great

philam

thats wonderful to hear! It’ll continue to be that way. Sisters sorority is a way to go.
I’m sure they do. Your fishes are so much cooler now! Love them!

Wow look at that splash of colors in your sorority. Sisters sorority is a way to go and more successful than random females mixed together. I love your females too! I’m so glad that they’re doing wonderful in your care. Thank you!

jake37

At what point do female betta start snapping at each other ?

Wow look at that splash of colors in your sorority. Sisters sorority is a way to go and more successful than random females mixed together. I love your females too! I’m so glad that they’re doing wonderful in your care. Thank you!

ree913

I do love my girls and the boys are all little brutes.

I do love my girls and the boys are all little brutes.
Maybe the snapping is a function of their personality or age ? I don't know

kymob

Some of philam offspring. Below is the same betta just showing you how much they change in color. 3 months span.

I will now only do sister sorority's.

philam

My female bettas never snap or pick on any of their sisters. In fact, the only time that I’ve seen my spawn picking at each other is when the boys were in it. I’ve already removed all the males from the grow out tank and the only thing that I have left in it is the girls and no fight or picking or nipped fins or whatsoever.

Alliebaaba

My female bettas never snap or pick on any of their sisters. In fact, the only time that I’ve seen my spawn picking at each other is when the boys were in it. I’ve already removed all the males from the grow out tank and the only thing that I have left in it is the girls and no fight or picking or nipped fins or whatsoever.
I have five of his girls and they are amazing in a sorority tank! They don't fin nip at all! Occasionally I'll see one of them run one off her sisters out of their favorite places but that's about it! No aggression what's so ever!

Attachments

• IMG_20200827_195935.jpg
    IMG_20200827_195935.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 83

Alliebaaba

Update photos on the boys! Girls in post above! Everyone is happy and healthy! Buble nests galore! And tomorrow is gonna be blood worms or brine shrimp day! I'm so happy with them! Their colors have all changed so much since I have had them! One of my tanks is having a huge battle with Blackbeard algae but that's about it. I've been doing more frequent water changes on it but still pretty bad. May end up having to take the tank apart and re-due it eventually...
Enjoy the photos!

Attachments

• IMG_20200827_194450.jpg
    IMG_20200827_194450.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200827_194610.jpg
    IMG_20200827_194610.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200827_194857.jpg
    IMG_20200827_194857.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200827_194929.jpg
    IMG_20200827_194929.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20200827_195107.jpg
    IMG_20200827_195107.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200827_195107.jpg
    IMG_20200827_195107.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20200827_195211.jpg
    IMG_20200827_195211.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 68

PNWBettas

Wondering... how many do you have left? Seems like you have had lots of success finding homes for them on here!

gizmoaxolotl

I have five of his girls and they are amazing in a sorority tank! They don't fin nip at all! Occasionally I'll see one of them run one off her sisters out of their favorite places but that's about it! No aggression what's so ever!
What size tank do you keep those 5 bettas in? I’d love to set up a sorority tank one day!

Alliebaaba

What size tank do you keep those 5 bettas in? I’d love to set up a sorority tank one day!
For now it's a ten gallon but I plan to up grade them to a thirteen or twenty gallon. So I also incorporated lots of hiding places for them to claim as their own territories which they love! All of them have a favorite spot in the tank!

DoubleDee

They certainly are beautiful!

STUNNING INDEED

philam

Update photos on the boys! Girls in post above! Everyone is happy and healthy! Buble nests galore! And tomorrow is gonna be blood worms or brine shrimp day! I'm so happy with them! Their colors have all changed so much since I have had them! One of my tanks is having a huge battle with Blackbeard algae but that's about it. I've been doing more frequent water changes on it but still pretty bad. May end up having to take the tank apart and re-due it eventually...
Enjoy the photos!
Omg!! black beard has really turned into a big stud! His fins are so wide! It makes me think that you’re making him flare a lot!

Wondering... how many do you have left? Seems like you have had lots of success finding homes for them on here!
I have about 12-15 females left and about 30+ males left out of 458 babies. It’s been a long and tiring journey with this big spawn but it’s very rewarding and seeing all my babies turned into a high quality fishes. Definitely no more big spawn like this again hilarious

Alliebaaba

Omg!! black beard has really turned into a big stud! His fins are so wide! It makes me think that you’re making him flare a lot!

I have about 12-15 females left and about 30+ males left out of 458 babies. It’s been a long and tiring journey with this big spawn but it’s very rewarding and seeing all my babies turned into a high quality fishes. Definitely no more big spawn like this again hilarious
He has definitely turned into a huge hunk! He loves to flair up even at me! It's almost like he is saying look at me and look at how gorgeous I am!

gizmoaxolotl

Are you keeping those 12-15 females? If not, I’d like to purchase 5 of them! I can use seeded filter media from another tank of mine so technically I have a cycled tank set up if they’re available to purchase.

DoubleDee

Once I get verified I’d love to get some from you!

philam

Are you keeping those 12-15 females? If not, I’d like to purchase 5 of them! I can use seeded filter media from another tank of mine so technically I have a cycled tank set up if they’re available to purchase.
I don’t think I’m planning on keeping them all but maybe just 1 I don’t know yet. If you still want 5 of the girls, let me know because I ship on mondays only. I don’t know if I’m going to use one of my female or male for future breeding. I definitely won’t do inbreeding because I’m just not a fan of it. These offsprings came from a different strain and completely unrelated parents and I was still able to produce a high quality bettas in the 1st generation out of those wonderful parents.
Once I get verified I’d love to get some from you!
I know that you’ve asked me about it Before and I replied to you but it was removed because you can’t make any trade in here until you have 50+ posts. Once you have at least 50 posts, send me a message or reply here. I got in trouble for that by the way hilarious

gizmoaxolotl

I don’t think I’m planning on keeping them all but maybe just 1 I don’t know yet. If you still want 5 of the girls, let me know because I ship on mondays only. I don’t know if I’m going to use one of my female or male for future breeding. I definitely won’t do inbreeding because I’m just not a fan of it. These offsprings came from a different strain and completely unrelated parents and I was still able to produce a high quality bettas in the 1st generation out of those wonderful parents.

I know that you’ve asked me about it Before and I replied to you but it was removed because you can’t make any trade in here until you have 50+ posts. Once you have at least 50 posts, send me a message or reply here. I got in trouble for that by the way hilarious
Sorry I just saw your reply!! I sent you a message regarding the bettas

FishGirl115

Hey. I have an empty tank again. do you have any bettas left?

DoubleDee

I

It wasn’t my intention to get you in trouble! I’m just excited in anticipating getting some of your beauties!

philam

Hey. I have an empty tank again. do you have any bettas left?
Yes I do!

Cyberwolf

I have been told by several of members in here that they are no longer getting notifications from my original thread, I don't want anyone missing out on the updates so.... I have created a part 2 journal about my spawn since my first thread is too long to follow now. If you are seeing this thread for the first time please check out the part one of my spawn journal by clicking the link below so that you can see how my fish have progressed since their day 1

Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas | 446928 | Betta Breeding

Quick overview: My spawn are currently in their 13 week period. The parents are Nemo Galaxy x Red Galaxy HMPK. Both parents are imported. The babies have hatched on 3/3-4/2020. My spawn successfully gave me 400+ baby betta! I also give an extra betta if you wish so.

Check out this current video of some of my handsome juvenile jarred males (most of them are still available)

Check out this current video of my females!

kymob I definitely wouldn’t put more than 4 sisters in a 10 gallon tank. If you want to have more than that, I would suggest at least 30 gallon planted tank.
i am so jealous!! wow good job! if you need homes please let me know. i would love to take two. or three...maybe four. maybe five....did i do this right? was i supposed to do a new message? i'm so confused about this. do i need 50 messages to be able to do buys and trades. i don't have anything to trade yet, but...someday maybe i will. you never know. congratulations on your brood.

philam

i am so jealous!! wow good job! if you need homes please let me know. i would love to take two. or three...maybe four. maybe five....did i do this right? was i supposed to do a new message? i'm so confused about this. do i need 50 messages to be able to do buys and trades. i don't have anything to trade yet, but...someday maybe i will. you never know. congratulations on your brood.
Thanks! And yes you need at least 50 posts to message anybody in here and make a trade.

ree913

For now it's a ten gallon but I plan to up grade them to a thirteen or twenty gallon. So I also incorporated lots of hiding places for them to claim as their own territories which they love! All of them have a favorite spot in the tank!
I have 12 of his girls in a 20 gal. no problems at all

philam

Okay guys! Last update for the girls! This is all of the girls that I have left in this spawn and nothing more. They’re so beautiful and have multicolor patterns! Definitely a mix of the dad/mom, mom like, dad like patterns. I Think there are less than 15 girls left. they’re all available and ready for breeding or even for a successful Sisters sorority! So many splash of colors in the tank and they’re also very eggy and fat hilarious

DoubleDee

I’ve got a 20 gallon tank waiting for some of your beautiful girls! I just have to have 50 posts and I’m just hoping I can do that before they are gone.......

-Mak-

Okay guys! Last update for the girls! This is all of the girls that I have left in this spawn and nothing more. They’re so beautiful and have multicolor patterns! Definitely a mix of the dad/mom, mom like, dad like patterns. I Think there are less than 15 girls left. they’re all available and ready for breeding or even for a successful Sisters sorority! So many splash of colors in the tank and they’re also very eggy and fat hilarious

Sooo pretty

philam

I’ve got a 20 gallon tank waiting for some of your beautiful girls! I just have to have 50 posts and I’m just hoping I can do that before they are gone.......
I hope you will get some of my girls because you’ve been following this thread.
Sooo pretty
Yeah I know! I see a look a like of your boy Or a female version of your boy hilarious They would be a perfect pair but they’re siblings

-Mak-

Yeah I know! I see a look a like of your boy Or a female version of your boy hilarious They would be a perfect pair but they’re siblings
I was just thinking the same thing!!! Girlie at 0:28 has very similar color patterns
Reminds me, I have a million pictures of my boy in his new home, I will organize them and post a little update

philam

I was just thinking the same thing!!! Girlie at 0:28 has very similar color patterns
Reminds me, I have a million pictures of my boy in his new home, I will organize them and post a little update
It sounds like he’s a spoiled rotten hilarious

Cyberwolf

me too i want one but why do i have to have 50 posts to be able to buy one?

philam

me too i want one but why do i have to have 50 posts to be able to buy one?
That’s the rule that they have here.
Alright. What were you selling for again?
Private message me please

ree913

wow , so glad I got my girls in June. they are all doing well and now I've added some floating plants and an Indian Almond leaf . Needless to say All my Bettas are Happy Campers. The boys are all little brutes with great color.
So, when are you planning another spawn?

NBettas83

How long have they been around? It must have been like 5 or 6 months now. Super pretty! Too bad I can't get any, maybe next time.

Lucy

Hate to step in here....if anyone inquiring about buying a fish, please private message the OP or see Phila's thread in he b/s/t forum

No sales (or advertising a sale) are allowed in threads outside the b/s/t forum or pm, both require 50 posts.

Thank you, carry on fawning over these beautiful babies.

philam

wow , so glad I got my girls in June. they are all doing well and now I've added some floating plants and an Indian Almond leaf . Needless to say All my Bettas are Happy Campers. The boys are all little brutes with great color.
So, when are you planning another spawn?
I’m glad that everything is working out for you! As for next spawn, I don’t know if I’m doing one this year. It’s probably going to be next year but one thing that’s for sure is it won’t be over 500 babies next time hilarious
How long have they been around? It must have been like 5 or 6 months now. Super pretty! Too bad I can't get any, maybe next time.
You still don’t have a tank for one of my babies?!! What have you been doing??!! Lol jk !
yes it’s been that long! time flies indeed.

DoubleDee

YaY YaY YaY!!! Wish I was this excited when I turned 50!!! I did it! Can you message me privately so we can discuss your BEAUTIFUL BETTAS!!M

I’m ready!,,,

ree913

I’m glad that everything is working out for you! As for next spawn, I don’t know if I’m doing one this year. It’s probably going to be next year but one thing that’s for sure is it won’t be over 500 babies next time hilarious

You still don’t have a tank for one of my babies?!! What have you been doing??!! Lol jk !
yes it’s been that long! time flies indeed.
not easy being the Godfather LOL

kymob

Thought I would share some of Philam babies. I have 7 girls in a sorority all from Philam and they have got to be the sweetest girls. they all love each other and have had no issues. I also have 6 boys from her too who are stunning. These are the girls below

0731200950e~2.jpg

NBettas83

Thought I would share some of Philam babies. I have 7 girls in a sorority all from Philam and they have got to be the sweetest girls. they all love each other and have had no issues. I also have 6 boys from her too who are stunning. These are the girls below

0731200950e~2.jpg
Chubby Bettas are so cute.

Lucy

YaY YaY YaY!!! Wish I was this excited when I turned 50!!! I did it! Can you message me privately so we can discuss your BEAUTIFUL BETTAS!!M

Did you even read my post in this thread?
Just message. Period.

DoubleDee

I was just excited to be an active member. Sorry if I fended you somehow..........

Offended

Did you even read my post in this thread?
Just message. Period.
I thought you were referring to Fishgirl115 when you commented. I am by no means a rulebreaker or troublemaker

I’m
I was just excited to be an active member. Sorry if I fended you somehow..........

Offended
looking forward to being able to post my fish on this great forum

Lucy

Offended

Offended implies this is a personal issue. It's not, I assure you.

Moving forward here is the link for everyone

FishLore Forum Rules | 227 | Forum Announcements/Suggestions

Buy/Sell/Trade/Free Section - only for members with 50 or more posts. This is to prevent spammers from just signing up to sell stuff. No posts with links to external websites like craigslist, ebay, aquabid, etc. The BSTF forum is for FishLore members to buy/sell/trade with each other. It is NOT a sales channel for your business, unless you set something up where FishLore members exclusively get some kind of benefit from the deal. Contact a moderator before posting if you are unsure of the rules to get their approval.
AND do not try to bypass the 50 post limit by using other sections of the forum or visitor messages. B/S/T/F should only happen in this section and in PM (both of which require 50 posts or more to use).
Specific Rules for BSTF: Classifieds (Buy, Sell and Trade, Free) RULES!

ElAvayarde80

My gorgeous babies are settling in nicely! Sorry for not posting photos of them sooner but they were stressed out by the journey and I wanted to make sure they settled in good first! The first three photos are the boys and the fourth photo is the girl! The boys love posing for the camera!

Oh and we loved our babies so much, we have more on the way! Can't wait to meet them either! They all have such wonderful and different personalities!
Im actually building a betta tank and ive been looking around and imbreally into the galaxys, candy style bettas.

Ps. Not trying to steal any photos, just wanted to use it as an example.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200909-195633_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-195633_Samsung Internet.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 56

philam

0731200950e~2.jpg
Love sisters! I’m glad that everybody is going along! They’re so spoiled!
Im actually building a betta tank and ive been looking around and imbreally into the galaxys, candy style bettas.

Ps. Not trying to steal any photos, just wanted to use it as an example.
Yes I have a brother of that male that kind of looks like him. I remember exactly that male! Galaxys are definitely a hot trend!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Want To Sell USA Bred Betta Fish
Replies
Views
philam
Replies
Views
DoubleDee
Replies