Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas PART 2 - Page 3

NBettas83

if you have a perfect pair like what I have and you’ll let them spawn for 6 hours, you’ll end up with that many and culling plays a very important role in breeding bettas and you have to be responsible. I had to cull less than 5 bettas due to deformity but that’s about it. You should try breeding betta, it’s very rewarding.
I really want to sometime if I get the space. I was imagining having to cull a ton of them, but if you only had to cull 5 in 458 that seems much better. Is it okay to separate them if they still want to spawn, if they would end up producing too many? Or will that screw something up?

philam

I would love to get a couple! I would take females for my sorority tank if there are any left! This was such a fun thing to read! Congrats on the huge success.
Thank you! But you need to have at least 50 posts before making any transaction on this website.

philam

I really want to sometime if I get the space. I was imagining having to cull a ton of them, but if you only had to cull 5 in 458 that seems much better. Is it okay to separate them if they still want to spawn, if they would end up producing too many? Or will that screw something up?
That I can’t really tell because every male betta is different. Your male might get discourage if he isn’t satisfied yet to start guarding his nest or chasing the female away if you separate them instead of waiting. Definitely worth a shot of doing that and cross finger that he’ll guard his nest and not eat the eggs. If you’re male had successfully spawned before, I’m sure it’ll be okay if you do that but if it’s his first rodeo, that’ll be hard to tell. I hope I make sense.

Pandurs

He’s always been mean and flaring at his siblings!
Omg he had turned into a high quality red blue galaxy as I predicted! Good job of taking care of him! He’s so lucky to have you! He looks spoiled!
Thank you! And yes, he is so spoiled... and I'm sure he knows it hilarious
I found him flaring at a small spider on his tank. He is definitely built of at least 80% "fight me". I noticed that while he takes after is mom in coloring type, his eyes are very much like his dad's.

Alliebaaba

Okay, so today is my first day off in 4 days of 12 hour shifts. I have a routine that I started. During the days I work they just get their pellets. On the days that I am off, I pick a day out of the three and spoil them with frozen brine shimp or frozen blood worms. They love it! I believe they now look forward to the days I am off. Hahaha so here are some new photos of all of my fishy babies. Yes I know...I may have an addiction. Eventually some things around and I'm thinking of redoing a few of the tanks. I have some inspiration finally but I will only get to work with what I have on hand so won't be dramatic differences. Untill then, enjoy looking at all the photos of my fish babies!

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_083340.jpg
    IMG_20200716_083340.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200716_085110.jpg
    IMG_20200716_085110.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200716_085239.jpg
    IMG_20200716_085239.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200716_085325.jpg
    IMG_20200716_085325.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200716_085459.jpg
    IMG_20200716_085459.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200716_085732.jpg
    IMG_20200716_085732.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200716_085920.jpg
    IMG_20200716_085920.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200716_090448.jpg
    IMG_20200716_090448.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200716_090612.jpg
    IMG_20200716_090612.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 69

e_watson09

Wow all these pictures of the babies! <3 They're all looking amazing settling into their new homes

jake37

The one thing that has always concerned me about betta and i think this is something to consider - is what can you say about a fish that can't tolerate looking at himself in the mirror ?
-
I mean imagine if every time you got up in the morning and threw a book at yourself when you saw your reflection.
-
Pity they aren't vampires because then they wouldn't have to worry about the reflections.

Papeipou

My boy. He’s a cranky thing that bites and won’t allow photos, but I love him all the same.

His BOGO brother who has proven to be, while a wonderful community tank fish, a real wild card. After peacefully loving the shrimp- even sleeping beside them!- he’s decided they’re food now.

Attachments

• E5A495D2-CB4D-4B8C-AD9E-7117C675870D.jpeg
    E5A495D2-CB4D-4B8C-AD9E-7117C675870D.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 61D5BDDC-55AD-47CB-8BDB-60A5770D492B.jpeg
    61D5BDDC-55AD-47CB-8BDB-60A5770D492B.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 69

ree913

My boy. He’s a cranky thing that bites and won’t allow photos, but I love him all the same.
He is beautiful

NBettas83

I'm one step out of 5 closer to getting more tanks.

philam

His BOGO brother who has proven to be, while a wonderful community tank fish, a real wild card. After peacefully loving the shrimp- even sleeping beside them!- he’s decided they’re food now.
They’re both really pretty and I’m sorry for the loss of your shrimps lol I feed them with frozen brine shrimps so they must have thought that it was the same thing lol they must like the expensive actually live food haha

Leinalou

Thank you! But you need to have at least 50 posts before making any transaction on this website.
Oh, i thought that was just to direct message. All good. I've disbanded my sorority anyway, don't think they were happy.
Good luck with the little beauties!

philam

Today was a busy today for me. This order took a huge chunk of my spawn and I’m probably down to a quarter of the spawn left.

I hope they travel safe!
DFF17B4F-D174-459C-BC7D-E6E6305C06E2.jpeg

FishGirl115

Wow!
Today was a busy today for me. This order took a huge chunk of my spawn and I’m probably down to a quarter of the spawn left.

I hope they travel safe!

jake37

Looks like you became a wholesaler.

I hope they travel safe!

ree913

congratulations! looks like all that TLC is paying off . I'm sure you'll keep us all posted when you do the next spawn

Gudgie

Do you still have galaxy females available? I'm hoping to be able to get 3 or so if possible. I'll send you a PM w/ details if they're available.

philam

Do you still have galaxy females available? I'm hoping to be able to get 3 or so if possible. I'll send you a PM w/ details if they're available.
Yes I do have some left.

Looks like you became a wholesaler.
No I’m not at all. This is just my hobby and I just happen to have somebody ordered that much from me. It took a huge chunk of the spawn lol
congratulations! looks like all that TLC is paying off . I'm sure you'll keep us all posted when you do the next spawn
i think I’m going to take a break until maybe next year to do another spawn. 400+ bettas definitely took a tool on me and I promised that will not happen again lol!

jake37

What I meant was that someone purchased a bunch for resale - as most people don't keep that many betta in their 29

If that is the case it has made you a wholesaler

No I’m not at all. This is just my hobby and I just happen to have somebody ordered that much from me. It took a huge chunk of the spawn lol

GingerV513

That is awesome! I don't know if I should get one yet. I am coping with the loss of my male red veil tail since yesterday. I guess the personality of the fish and the fact he loved to be petted grew on me. I'll get over it in a week, do you have a website or something similar? I got my betta from a large pet store eight months ago and it was probably older with problems already, so I am interested in getting a younger male that can live for quite a long time.
You should get one! Taking care of a new fish can help take your mind off the pain.. in my experience anyway. I wish I could but I think my bf would flip since I already have 4 haha

turkolm1024

I hope they travel safe!
My fish arrived safe and sound today! Embarrassingly, I wasn't expecting two fish but luckily I had enough spare tanks/parts to pull together a temporary home for the female too. Thank you so much for the beautiful fish! My kids decided to name the male Pickles and the female Peaches!

I'm thinking about setting up a divided tank for them. Do you have any suggestions on the best size/setup for this? I just joined this forum after finding your post, so forgive me if there is another area I should be searching for this advice. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_211304.jpg
    IMG_20200805_211304.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 67
  • MVIMG_20200805_210918.jpg
    MVIMG_20200805_210918.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 68

PNWBettas

My fish arrived safe and sound today! Embarrassingly, I wasn't expecting two fish but luckily I had enough spare tanks/parts to pull together a temporary home for the female too. Thank you so much for the beautiful fish! My kids decided to name the male Pickles and the female Peaches!

I'm thinking about setting up a divided tank for them. Do you have any suggestions on the best size/setup for this? I just joined this forum after finding your post, so forgive me if there is another area I should be searching for this advice. Thanks!
Oooo sorry had to bud in. I got tons of divided betta tank advice! I have 8 betta and 5 of those live in divided tanks. Since you have a male and female I would do a 10 gal (you don’t want to go smaller for plakats especially) with a lifewithpets divided with no holes. You don’t want them to be able to see each other otherwise the female can become egg bound. Then you want to run a sponge filter in each section and a heater in each section as well. I use 1 air pump with a splitter valve that way I can control the airflow. Works great for me, happy to provided amazon/other links for where to find all the stuff.

turkolm1024

Oooo sorry had to bud in. I got tons of divided betta tank advice! I have 8 betta and 5 of those live in divided tanks. Since you have a male and female I would do a 10 gal (you don’t want to go smaller for plakats especially) with a lifewithpets divided with no holes. You don’t want them to be able to see each other otherwise the female can become egg bound. Then you want to run a sponge filter in each section and a heater in each section as well. I use 1 air pump with a splitter valve that way I can control the airflow. Works great for me, happy to provided amazon/other links for where to find all the stuff.
This is great information, thank you! I was leaning towards a 10g but wasn't as sure what to do about dividers, filters, and heaters. I'm glad you mentioned about her eggs, as I wasn't sure if it was ok for them to see each other through the divider or not. If you don't mind sharing links, that'd be awesome... I've got my Amazon cart loaded up already, just waiting on payday haha!

PNWBettas

This is great information, thank you! I was leaning towards a 10g but wasn't as sure what to do about dividers, filters, and heaters. I'm glad you mentioned about her eggs, as I wasn't sure if it was ok for them to see each other through the divider or not. If you don't mind sharing links, that'd be awesome... I've got my Amazon cart loaded up already, just waiting on payday haha!
Heres my links:

Divider (if I was doing a male and female in the same tank, this is the only one I would choose, the one without holes specifically) :10 Gallon Tank Dividers - Lifewithpets

Air pump: https://www.amazon.com/Tetra-Whispe...8&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f

Splitter valve: Amazon.com : BornFeel Aquarium Air Pump Splitter 7 in 1 Set 2-Way Air Flow Control Lever Valve & 2 Non-Return Check Valves & 4 Suction Cups for Fish Tank Airline Air Tube Hose : Pet Supplies

Heaters: you can really choose any between 25w and 50w but since the divider has no water flow, I would use one in each section

Sponge filters: https://www.amazon.com/Lefunpets-es...3&sr=1-1-12d4272d-8adb-4121-8624-135149aa9081

Tubing (cheap on amazon): https://www.amazon.com/estándar-Air...pet-supplies&sprefix=airline+,pets,248&sr=1-3

turkolm1024

Heres my links:

Divider (if I was doing a male and female in the same tank, this is the only one I would choose, the one without holes specifically) :10 Gallon Tank Dividers - Lifewithpets

Air pump: https://www.amazon.com/Tetra-Whisper-Pump-Gallon-Aquariums/dp/B0009YHU6Y/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?crid=WWQXHYI93J19&cv_ct_cx=tetra+whisper+air+pump&dchild=1&keywords=tetra+whisper+air+pump&pd_rd_i=B0009YHU6Y&pd_rd_r=e2c1ee16-9cc5-473d-ab5d-5f6999ae1adf&pd_rd_w=uADDV&pd_rd_wg=HcyaI&pf_rd_p=13bf9bc7-d68d-44c3-9d2e-647020f56802&pf_rd_r=M3QD3GKG8C239RT9FT4N&psc=1&qid=1596680280&sprefix=tetra+wh,aps,458&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f

Splitter valve: Amazon.com : BornFeel Aquarium Air Pump Splitter 7 in 1 Set 2-Way Air Flow Control Lever Valve & 2 Non-Return Check Valves & 4 Suction Cups for Fish Tank Airline Air Tube Hose : Pet Supplies

Heaters: you can really choose any between 25w and 50w but since the divider has no water flow, I would use one in each section

Sponge filters: https://www.amazon.com/Lefunpets-esponja-bioquímica-camarones-acuario/dp/B07VM8DN5Y/ref=sxin_7_ac_d_rm?ac_md=0-0-c3BvbmdlIGZpbHRlcg==-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=sponge+filter&dchild=1&keywords=sponge+filter&pd_rd_i=B07VM8DN5Y&pd_rd_r=bde5aea5-3705-45aa-89b5-46e629c2b13f&pd_rd_w=8n6PG&pd_rd_wg=aXEVf&pf_rd_p=e3dc9e0c-9eab-4c3e-b43a-ba36f8522e14&pf_rd_r=A3T1AJ0V05DJ3ZP4TD6G&psc=1&qid=1596680583&sr=1-1-12d4272d-8adb-4121-8624-135149aa9081

Tubing (cheap on amazon): https://www.amazon.com/estándar-Airline-Tubing-accesorios-25-Feet/dp/B0002563MW/ref=sr_1_3_mod_primary_new?crid=2HPCAB5HESZVD&dchild=1&keywords=airline+tubing+aquarium&qid=1596680611&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=airline+,pets,248&sr=1-3
Thank you so much! I'll browse through all of these links tomorrow and check my fish supply stash too, as I think I might have a suitable air pump and some line at least already.

philam

I’m so glad that you get them sound and safe! Thank you!

susati97

Hi! Do you have any more available? I'm not picky about gender. Thanks!

philam

Hi! Do you have any more available? I'm not picky about gender. Thanks!
Yes I do!

Okay guys it’s time for an update. I know I haven’t been able to do some update of this spawn that’s because I’ve been really busy with my schedule but here it is!! They’re 5 months old and they have really colored up really nice! I’m loving this spawn so far! This maybe a long video but that’s fine since I haven’t been able to update you guys. Let me know if any of you guys want any of them. They’re available as I’m typing this unless somebody grabs it. I have more boys to show off but the video would be so much longer!

Gudgie

Okay guys it’s time for an update. I know I haven’t been able to do some update of this spawn that’s because I’ve been really busy with my schedule but here it is!! They’re 5 months old and they have really colored up really nice! I’m loving this spawn so far! This maybe a long video but that’s fine since I haven’t been able to update you guys. Let me know if any of you guys want any of them. They’re available as I’m typing this unless somebody grabs it. I have more boys to show off but the video would be so much longer!
Wow, those boys are GORGEOUS! Now I'm regretting not setting up another tank, since I LOVE the boy who's right up front at 9:00 in that video.

Edit: I can't decide if I'm happy or sad to have not seen this video until today, instead of over the weekend. I have a feeling if I'd seen it Sat/Sun, I would have been convinced to add a fish to my order.

kymob

Some of philam offspring. Below is the same betta just showing you how much they change in color. 3 months span.
5:26.jpg
6:19.jpg
7:28.jpg
0807202126g_HDR~2.jpg

NBettas83

Some of philam offspring. Below is the same betta just showing you how much they change in color. 3 months span.
I LOVE the Orange color.

philam

Wow, those boys are GORGEOUS! Now I'm regretting not setting up another tank, since I LOVE the boy who's right up front at 9:00 in that video.

Edit: I can't decide if I'm happy or sad to have not seen this video until today, instead of over the weekend. I have a feeling if I'd seen it Sat/Sun, I would have been convinced to add a fish to my order.
Oh dang.. you could’ve added it before it was picked up. Well it’s not the end of the world yet you can still get the brother/s of your girls whenever you want.

Gudgie

Oh dang.. you could’ve added it before it was picked up. Well it’s not the end of the world yet you can still get the brother/s of your girls whenever you want.
Dang, perhaps I should have PM’ed. Oh well. I’ll at least get the girls settled in this week and go from there.

Though if that male happens to still be available later this week...we shall see...

philam

Dang, perhaps I should have PM’ed. Oh well. I’ll at least get the girls settled in this week and go from there.

Though if that male happens to still be available later this week...we shall see...
Just let me know anytime when you’re ready to get any of their brother. I’ll gladly send you some extras too :smug:

RichTino

Would like to purchase one of these beautiful males just to breed him with my lace black female crown tail ..

philam

Would like to purchase one of these beautiful males just to breed him with my lace black female crown tail ..
Idk about breeding an hmpk with a crow tail as it’ll throw off some weird tail types In the first generation unless you’re trying to make your own ctpk line.

Somethingcreative123456

I love male #18 in the video wish I had a tank ready? I have a 2.5 gallon that I'm getting ready but its probably too small.

RichTino

Idk about breeding an hmpk with a crow tail as it’ll throw off some weird tail types In the first generation unless you’re trying to make your own ctpk line.
No .. I think it might come out as a HMPK or something like Suntails

philam

I love male #18 in the video wish I had a tank ready? I have a 2.5 gallon that I'm getting ready but its probably too small.
2.5 gallon is just fine as long as it’s heated constantly at 80°
Omg I love that male with his angry looking eye. For some reason I can’t find him in the video. I must have forgotten to include his clip when I was uploading the video.

No .. I think it might come out as a HMPK or something like Suntails
I’ve never really messed with mixing tail types but I do know that it takes more than one generation of line breeding to get the ctpk line. Which male do you like?

Skrabbitskrabbit

My fish arrived safe and sound today
Two handsome boys and one cute gal.
lights are off in the tanks right now and I’ll post pics when I get some good ones. Thanks so much philam !

philam

My fish arrived safe and sound today
Two handsome boys and one cute gal.
lights are off in the tanks right now and I’ll post pics when I get some good ones. Thanks so much philam !
Thank goodness that they finally arrived to your home! I hope you liked them both and the surprise! For some reason, Carolinas have always been slow with their packages and you’re not even far from where I’m at. I hope you like my spawn! Thank you!

Skrabbitskrabbit

My new friend and our surprise sister betta. She’s pretty camera shy and the male is full of personality.
B3A85404-C2DD-45CB-B1F8-F3CA557456FF.jpeg
17C375E4-708C-47D5-8CDA-89AD60306EA4.jpeg

CAF31F3F-26C5-46BE-9FAD-4AA5F742474F.jpegThe other boy went to a friends aquarium and will also be spoiled.

philam

My new friend and our surprise sister betta. She’s pretty camera shy and the male is full of personality.
The other boy went to a friends aquarium and will also be spoiled.
Wow that male is really a stunner. Multicolor Nemo galaxy! I liked him and the other one that you got.

also watch out for the bubble nest galore. He likes to make a nest if the water has a very slow current

Gudgie

Just let me know anytime when you’re ready to get any of their brother. I’ll gladly send you some extras too :smug:
Well apparently I’m being gifted a Fluval Spec V by my friend on Monday, so I should have room for a boy after all.

I’ve attached some pics of the girls in the community tank yesterday. They’ve already settled in well and have such beautiful colors! (Kindly ignore the algae lol)

A2B1B120-2FA6-4267-8B53-48E4485945B3.jpeg

Attachments

• AD4ED84B-44BF-4A98-AB29-FD7CB26EE693.jpeg
    AD4ED84B-44BF-4A98-AB29-FD7CB26EE693.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 63
  • 8BE86E0D-FBFC-4864-95B5-C2257DB20B2A.jpeg
    8BE86E0D-FBFC-4864-95B5-C2257DB20B2A.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 60
  • C8959BD3-F7CC-4563-AD35-C25D6946E0C7.jpeg
    C8959BD3-F7CC-4563-AD35-C25D6946E0C7.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 62
  • 5F9F4720-5611-4A3D-9283-920090D65238.jpeg
    5F9F4720-5611-4A3D-9283-920090D65238.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 65
  • E584A729-DF65-42EB-9EB7-EEC6B8756868.jpeg
    E584A729-DF65-42EB-9EB7-EEC6B8756868.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 66
  • D71C2634-8C3A-4008-977D-7B129ABCCA23.jpeg
    D71C2634-8C3A-4008-977D-7B129ABCCA23.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 318C1328-0A01-481F-80E6-B4EAFDD2D71F.jpeg
    318C1328-0A01-481F-80E6-B4EAFDD2D71F.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 61
  • D868CD57-D92D-4E6A-8243-BBC96C6EDF42.jpeg
    D868CD57-D92D-4E6A-8243-BBC96C6EDF42.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 59

ree913

Well apparently I’m being gifted a Fluval Spec V by my friend on Monday, so I should have room for a boy after all.

I’ve attached some pics of the girls in the community tank yesterday. They’ve already settled in well and have such beautiful colors! (Kindly ignore the algae lol)

your girls are beautiful

philam

Ayeee I love them and so glad that they’re in good hands with your care! Thank you!! By the way, your tank looks like it could fit more sisters in it lol!

philam

Hi Philam I really like your bettas but I am new here. I would really like a male. How do I go about getting one? I have already a 5.5 gallon tank cycled and set up.
Is there a way I can get two
I’ll be happy to send you guys my fishes but the rule in here is to have at least 50 posts to make any transaction and access the private message.

RichTino

2.5 gallon is just fine as long as it’s heated constantly at 80°
Omg I love that male with his angry looking eye. For some reason I can’t find him in the video. I must have forgotten to include his clip when I was uploading the video.

I’ve never really messed with mixing tail types but I do know that it takes more than one generation of line breeding to get the ctpk line. Which male do you like?
Sorry for the late reply .. It would be the very first male you posted that you said you got as a gift I guess .. If not then the 3 rd male that you posted when you started posting what males you were selling .... If possible can you inbox me what' left please .... Thank you ..

Gudgie

Here’s are my two that arrived today - an additional girl, plus one boy. Both settled in right away and are beautiful - especially the male.

0C26F5AE-EAD3-466E-9EE5-F8F338F5BE64.jpeg

6E4ABC62-E502-48BB-8FCF-13776D800E48.jpeg

philam

Here’s are my two that arrived today - an additional girl, plus one boy. Both settled in right away and are beautiful - especially the male.

0C26F5AE-EAD3-466E-9EE5-F8F338F5BE64.jpeg

6E4ABC62-E502-48BB-8FCF-13776D800E48.jpeg
I love it! Thank you for giving them a good home! I hope the sisters are welcoming their sister nicely hilarious

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Want To Sell USA Bred Betta Fish
Replies
Views
philam
Replies
Views
DoubleDee
Replies