Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas PART 2

philam

I have been told by several of members in here that they are no longer getting notifications from my original thread, I don't want anyone missing out on the updates so.... I have created a part 2 journal about my spawn since my first thread is too long to follow now. If you are seeing this thread for the first time please check out the part one of my spawn journal by clicking the link below so that you can see how my fish have progressed since their day 1

Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas | 446928 | Betta Breeding

Quick overview: My spawn are currently in their 13 week period. The parents are Nemo Galaxy x Red Galaxy HMPK. Both parents are imported. The babies have hatched on 3/3-4/2020. My spawn successfully gave me 400+ baby betta! I also give an extra betta if you wish so.

Check out this current video of some of my handsome juvenile jarred males (most of them are still available)

Check out this current video of my females!

kymob I definitely wouldn’t put more than 4 sisters in a 10 gallon tank. If you want to have more than that, I would suggest at least 30 gallon planted tank.

e_watson09

Ah I love this thread!

philam

I was changing the water today and look what I found!
1660EC67-D16D-4316-A392-18DF1F2FB110.jpeg
AB5C189B-557A-41F1-B5D8-CC364B5B89EF.png
A08DCCEF-ED58-4CAB-A06F-1B7D504196CA.png
F5DFE3D4-0748-46B1-BDD8-D2096DB5C4B0.png
They are girls and looked like a blue marble!!
(Yes they won’t stay like that and will marble into a koi) they might not even going to look like that tomorrow

CoryBoi

I stoped getting notifications for the other thread, but I just caught up on it and found this one. I’ll try to get some good pics of my boys. They have both changed so much!

Here they are

2EF88AC2-F1AE-4C40-B260-17C15F96F6D9.jpeg
43236448-C6AD-493E-9F0E-9C1AF817A493.jpeg
E8B4A43B-49E5-406C-A703-8B7CFA16BCAE.jpeg
BF34D551-8D84-4D2E-8553-C04002E4DDCE.jpeg
2EF88AC2-F1AE-4C40-B260-17C15F96F6D9.jpeg
43236448-C6AD-493E-9F0E-9C1AF817A493.jpeg
E8B4A43B-49E5-406C-A703-8B7CFA16BCAE.jpeg
BF34D551-8D84-4D2E-8553-C04002E4DDCE.jpeg

philam

Here they are
Omg! He is so cool! He is a multi color Nemo koi and looks like your other male have marbled on you and is getting a Nemo pattern! I’m glad you got to see him change on you They’re both awesome!

Bye fishes
7D7E3324-F36B-4491-BEC2-37837DBC74BC.jpeg travel safely. Please look out for them new parents!

Pandurs

20200608_105345.jpg
20200608_105435.jpg
He's all settled in! His marbling is really picking up now. His neighbor is a galaxy koi female who is bigger than he, not that deters him. I've named him Haku (Spirited Away), since the female also has a dragon name, Naydra. Both are living up to their namesakes.

philam

He's all settled in! His marbling is really picking up now. His neighbor is a galaxy koi female who is bigger than he, not that deters him. I've named him Haku (Spirited Away), since the female also has a dragon name, Naydra. Both are living up to their namesakes.
He really marbled a lot since then! I see his beard is also coloring up! He’s so cool! He looks like he might be a galaxy Nemo

Pandurs

He really marbled a lot since then! I see his beard is also coloring up! He’s so cool! He looks like he might be a galaxy Nemo
I'll be sure to keep you updated on his color change when it becomes more dramatic. The reds are really coming through, and there's flecks of the galaxy white popping up. His big button eyes are taking on a coppery color in the right light too.

philam

I'll be sure to keep you updated on his color change when it becomes more dramatic. The reds are really coming through, and there's flecks of the galaxy white popping up. His big button eyes are taking on a coppery color in the right light too.
Nice! I’m glad that you will get to see him transform in your care! He’s so lucky to have you!

NBettas83

Following, again!

mrjohn

Here's our little guy. Thanks again!

IMG_20200612_153531_01.jpg

philam

Omg he’s so adorable! He’s really marbling on you! I take my word back, I think he’s going to be a red galaxy like the mom. But still I’m glad that you got him so young and had a chance to see him grow.
I thought taking a video would be best since he has a case of the zoomies.

Here's our little guy. Thanks again!
He’s one mean looking boy! He looks like he’s loving his new home!

Alliebaaba

My gorgeous babies are settling in nicely! Sorry for not posting photos of them sooner but they were stressed out by the journey and I wanted to make sure they settled in good first! The first three photos are the boys and the fourth photo is the girl! The boys love posing for the camera!

Oh and we loved our babies so much, we have more on the way! Can't wait to meet them either! They all have such wonderful and different personalities!

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_215430.jpg
    IMG_20200613_215430.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20200609_220535.jpg
    IMG_20200609_220535.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20200612_194419.jpg
    IMG_20200612_194419.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20200609_220148.jpg
    IMG_20200609_220148.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 139

philam

My gorgeous babies are settling in nicely! Sorry for not posting photos of them sooner but they were stressed out by the journey and I wanted to make sure they settled in good first! The first three photos are the boys and the fourth photo is the girl! The boys love posing for the camera!

Oh and we loved our babies so much, we have more on the way! Can't wait to meet them either! They all have such wonderful and different personalities!
I love them all! Please look out for the other ones that Are on their way! You’ll love them!

Bettawhite

Hello. I am new here, but have been following this forum. I have one of the little travelers. His name is Carl. He enjoys being the star of his 10 gallon tank. He has his personal cleaning crew-2 albino Cory's and a Mystery Snail. I just love him! Thank you Philam for this super healthy little guy!

Attachments

• 20200615_114200.jpg
    20200615_114200.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200613_100355.jpg
    20200613_100355.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20200613_095250.jpg
    20200613_095250.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 134

NBettas83

I'm missing out on so much lol.

NBettas83

It's not too late to get one!
I won't have any tanks ready until like September probably.

Alliebaaba

I won't have any tanks ready until like September probably.
Oof....maybe there will still be a few left by then

philam

Hello. I am new here, but have been following this forum. I have one of the little travelers. His name is Carl. He enjoys being the star of his 10 gallon tank. He has his personal cleaning crew-2 albino Cory's and a Mystery Snail. I just love him! Thank you Philam for this super healthy little guy!
I love him! He’s really a show stopper! Really nice combination of colors! He’s one of the few male Nemos in the spawn! He looks like he’s very happy in his new home!!

Bettawhite

I love him! He’s really a show stopper! Really nice combination of colors! He’s one of the few male Nemos in the spawn! He looks like he’s very happy in his new home!!
Thank you. He is happy-just smiled at me today! He is so active and exploring everywhere! I forgot to ask what you were feeding him. I am giving him frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. Is this ok? I would like to know what other people are feeding their bettas. My previous betta developed a fatal swim bladder problem. From all my research I figured out I overfed him. Now I am afraid of feeding this new guy too much. And the wrong food. I would be grateful for any advice here.

philam

Thank you. He is happy-just smiled at me today! He is so active and exploring everywhere! I forgot to ask what you were feeding him. I am giving him frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. Is this ok? I would like to know what other people are feeding their bettas. My previous betta developed a fatal swim bladder problem. From all my research I figured out I overfed him. Now I am afraid of feeding this new guy too much. And the wrong food. I would be grateful for any advice here.
Yes those diet are fine for now until he’ll turn 5 months old. Then you can start introducing bug bites pellets to him or your choice but I personally like fluval bug bites small fish. You can even introduce pellets to him right now and just rotate his diet. Feed him 2 times a day and each feeding, make sure that he’s full. He’s still growing and feeding him with frozen food will help him with his growth. I don’t recommend feeding an adult betta (at 6 months old) with frozen food as a staple diet.

Alliebaaba

I feed all of my betta's Hakari betta gold pellets as they have the nutrition they need and they are smaller than most pellets so easier for them to eat. The juveniles get Hakari tropical micro pellets as they are even smaller. As they get bigger I will switch them over. I also do frozen brine shrimp and blood worms as an occasional treat and to mix things up. As well as the occasional bug bites from fluval. All in moderation though I do feed the juveniles more because they are growing. With Hakari pellets I feed them no more than four or five and that is it, this is fed every other day. If I do bug bites then I cut the pellets in half and only give one to two max of the bug bites. If I do brine shrimp or blood worms then I cut everything else out for the day. I hope this helps. I also had a betta with a swim bladder problem but ever since I started this diet he has been great. In fact I have noticed all of my betta's look much healthier and their collars are more vibrant. Bubble nests galore too
Woops I forgot to mention I feed the juveniles everyday as they are growing. It's pretty easy to tell when mine are full as they are either no longer interested or they spit it out.

Bettawhite

Thank you so much for the feeding information. I sure hate to screw things up and I have guidelines now.

Yes those diet are fine for now until he’ll turn 5 months old. Then you can start introducing bug bites pellets to him or your choice but I personally like fluval bug bites small fish. You can even introduce pellets to him right now and just rotate his diet. Feed him 2 times a day and each feeding, make sure that he’s full. He’s still growing and feeding him with frozen food will help him with his growth. I don’t recommend feeding an adult betta (at 6 months old) with frozen food as a staple diet.
Thanks. So the frozen foods are good for a couple more months. I already have bug bites. Will alternate days with those. Then feed every other day as adult. Got it. And get the Hakari food. Feeling more confident now.

philam

I have decided to do a major maintenance in my grow out tank and moved the babies into a temporary tank and there are still quite a few of them. I’d guess less than half of the original numbers of babies are left. I snapped a couple of pics before I moved them back into their grow out tank. Really colorful babies!!
9697AADF-D6A9-40F6-8C0D-09950D078AC8.jpeg
DA5B6A92-5563-4BCE-B8AA-5E4A47F2576C.jpeg

jake37

The lower left seem to have some really nice ones. Looks like you got a ton more females than males. Is this normal when breeding betta - that the majority are females. I know with guppies I get like 10 female for each male; and it seems worse with swordtails.

Bettawhite

Thanks. So the frozen foods are good for a couple more months. I already have bug bites. Will alternate days with those. Then feed every other day as adult. Got it. And get the Hakari food. Feeling more confident now.
Just one last thing...should I soak the pellets in water before feeding him? I read the pellets can expand in their stomach if not soaked.

philam

The lower left seem to have some really nice ones. Looks like you got a ton more females than males. Is this normal when breeding betta - that the majority are females. I know with guppies I get like 10 female for each male; and it seems worse with swordtails.
Believe it or not, it’s a male dominant spawn and I have more females now and That’s because I’ve been sending a lot of males.
Just one last thing...should I soak the pellets in water before feeding him? I read the pellets can expand in their stomach if not soaked.
It wouldn’t hurt to soak your pellets before feeding. I don’t do it just because the pellets that I’m using is small that it’s not really going to hurt the fish if it’s fed dry. If you’re using hikari bio gold or bug bites small fish, I’d say it’s fine either way.

Bettawhite

Thanks. I will be soaking to be on the safe side. Also, I found Northfin Betta Bits. First three ingredients are krill, herring & sardines. Just got into this habit for my dog-first three I like to be protien. Will rotate this one, too. Nothing but the best for Carl

philam

Thanks. I will be soaking to be on the safe side. Also, I found Northfin Betta Bits. First three ingredients are krill, herring & sardines. Just got into this habit for my dog-first three I like to be protien. Will rotate this one, too. Nothing but the best for Carl
He’s so lucky to have you! He’s in good hands!

SeaMonkey06

I want one ♥ Beautiful babies! I don't think my country allows live shipping though Following!

philam

I want one ♥ Beautiful babies! I don't think my country allows live shipping though Following!
Where are you from? And thank you for the complement!

FishBoy101

Alas! My parents would never let me *Sigh* They look like healthy young fish. Good job taking care of them!

philam

Alas! My parents would never let me *Sigh* They look like healthy young fish. Good job taking care of them!
That’s a bummer! And thanks!

SeaMonkey06

Where are you from? And thank you for the complement!
Our borders are so strict And no worries! Gorgeous fish!

philam

New Zealand. Our borders are so strict And no worries! Gorgeous fish!
Definitely not a good idea shipping livestocks internationally. I’m sure they’re very strict with that due to the virus outbreak

kymob

Just posting 2 out of the 7 betta fish I got from philam. They all have great personalities and beautiful.

Attachments

• 0615201342z[3]~3.jpg
    0615201342z[3]~3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 0615201342z~2.jpg
    0615201342z~2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 100

philam

Just posting 2 out of the 7 betta fish I got from philam. They all have great personalities and beautiful.
Wow!! Your male is really turning into a stud! He would’ve been my keeper if you didn’t take him! hilarious Beautiful male! So proud of him!! He’s looking healthy in your hands!!

NBettas83

AAAA! I need to set up a tank!

hilarious

philam

AAAA! I need to set up a tank!

hilarious
I’ve been telling you since they were only 1 month old!!! Haha!! Go get a set up already will you? hilarious

NBettas83

I’ve been telling you since they were only 1 month old!!! Haha!! Go get a set up already will you? hilarious
Lol, we just need to rip the carpet up and then build a shelving unit. Then I can get the tank.
Probably not gonna end up getting one. hilarious

philam

Quick update guys! I know I haven’t done any updates in my grow out tank in a while and that’s because I’ve been busy. I believe they’re 3 months and 2 weeks old. They’re still very young and they have been showing a lot of their true koi colors now and it’s very cool! They seem to be a multi color spawn which what I expected! I’m loving my High Quality spawn! I can’t wait for some updates of the siblings from Fishlorians hilarious

Guys another transformation of one of my male betta from this spawn! He turned out to be a red blue galaxy like the mother! I kind of figured that he was going to be because he started with a red ventral fins. Check him out!

Attachments

• 7BAF9F17-C5ED-4F50-95AA-4806CA928B0F.jpeg
    7BAF9F17-C5ED-4F50-95AA-4806CA928B0F.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 979D4FC0-6601-4839-A712-B8BC60737C3D.jpeg
    979D4FC0-6601-4839-A712-B8BC60737C3D.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 5395DBEB-EB77-44FF-8A3F-EE1DBFE3D0DE.jpeg
    5395DBEB-EB77-44FF-8A3F-EE1DBFE3D0DE.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 3086ED36-6EF6-4E04-BA05-653F35177CB5.jpeg
    3086ED36-6EF6-4E04-BA05-653F35177CB5.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 78

NBettas83

All the Bettas are absolutely ADORABLE.

Darn it, why couldn't I have had a tank set up?

Rev

I feel you. I was gonna set up another tank but that kinda fell threw. Now I'm sad, they're so pretty

philam

Set one up already with Rev ! hilarious

PNWBettas

Just one last update: these guys have only gotten more stunning as they grow. If anyone is on the fence about getting some babies... DO IT!
Unfortunately I’m a bad camera man but here’s a a few nice shots I got while flaring on of my little guys.
0D4E7816-3511-4100-B2EE-88420E75B5B2.jpeg
79F4D877-0C32-4AAB-9479-DC841E045EEB.jpeg

philam

Just one last update: these guys have only gotten more stunning as they grow. If anyone is on the fence about getting some babies... DO IT!
Unfortunately I’m a bad camera man but here’s a a few nice shots I got while flaring on of my little guys.
0D4E7816-3511-4100-B2EE-88420E75B5B2.jpeg
79F4D877-0C32-4AAB-9479-DC841E045EEB.jpeg
Holy macro!! He is a stud! But why last update? He’s just starting to marble!

PNWBettas

Holy macro!! He is a stud! But why last update? He’s just starting to marble!
Haha I just didn’t want overwhelm the thread with my photos. I can post more tho if people want to see tho! All the others have also gotten tons of color, it’s so cool to watch.
This dude in particular IS a stud! I had to put him at the end of the divided tank cuz he likes to flare! He also flares at pest snails when he seems them!

Rev

Set one up already with Rev ! hilarious
I wish! Still trying. I have an old 5g kit I am trying to set up but it's a wee bit broken right now. If I can fix it up I'm going to give it to a friend. She really likes my current betta so I was going to give her him with it. Unfortunately don't have room for more tanks, even small ones, college got me capped on what I can do.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Want To Sell USA Bred Betta Fish
Replies
Views
philam
Replies
Views
DoubleDee
Replies