Wild-life photos - Page 46

Betta'sAnonymous

PerfectSatyr683 said:
I just found these little rascals in my trash can so we had to dump the trash can out they scared me so much because I was putting my dogs poop in the trash
The always entertaining TRASH PANDA!!

Betta'sAnonymous

This was sitting on my radio at work. I dubbed him the "redneck moth" due to its penchant for wearing real-tree camo like it is hot fashion all year long.

Pescado_Verde

A few pictures from the zoo. Otter, buzzard and bear.

Patriotthebetta

Betta'sAnonymous said:
This was sitting on my radio at work. I dubbed him the "redneck moth" due to its penchant for wearing real-tree camo like it is hot fashion all year long.
hahaha

Betta'sAnonymous

Pescado_Verde said:
A few pictures from the zoo. Otter, buzzard and bear.

Otters are fun!

jake37

We have beavers in the lake near our home; but i can't find it so you will have to settle for this which is at the same lake (not a bad image for a phone)

jake37

Here is a different type of wild life kept across the street from where i used to live. The name of the boat is Elysian (look it up). Actually it was only there for a couple of weeks:
--
There was a another larger yact that showed up one day (can't find that one). It was owned by some guy in Mexico. The story is he likes to eat at this mexican restaurant near here (about 400 yards away). This place is a hole in the wall with cheap food (but very good). So this multi-rich guy who owns one of the largest yact (I think #3) in the world sails up to new york and then stops over here to eat $5 Mexican food.

Betta'sAnonymous

jake37 said:
Here is a different type of wild life kept across the street from where i used to live. The name of the boat is Elysian (look it up). Actually it was only there for a couple of weeks:

Swanky

jake37

Ok here are a couple of pictures of a beaver. They are not very good because I'm using a phone and if i get too close it has a very large cage to skittle off (i guess technically it has the entire usa but even within this lake it is fairly large area). Yes i asked him to turn around but he gave me the tail. I had a better image somewhere but now i can't find it. Maybe one morning i'll walk back down to the park and see if he will pose:

DoubleDutch

African Geese searching for the pot of gold.

DoubleDutch

Some more Dutch birdlife

Pescado_Verde

What are the ones in the last photo, the flying birds? Some sort of buzzard?

DoubleDutch

Pescado_Verde said:
What are the ones in the last photo, the flying birds? Some sort of buzzard?
Geese

Betta'sAnonymous

One of the 2-4 flocks of Canadian Geese that fly directly above me most mornings. There is a pond about 75-100 ft south of me they frequent.

DoubleDutch

Curlews. Never saw so many in my entire life.

Betta'sAnonymous

DoubleDutch said:
Curlews. Never saw so many in my entire life.
Is that a migratory bird? But even if so, probably a bit too early for that, yet

DoubleDutch

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Is that a migratory bird? But even if so, probably a bit too early for that, yet
Yes they are. Live and breed in Northern Europa and migrate to Africa. I was pretty amazed seeing so many allready here.
Must be a new iceage being on its way.

Betta'sAnonymous

DoubleDutch said:
Yes they are. Live and breed in Northern Europa and migrate to Africa. I was pretty amazed seeing so many allready here.
Must be a new iceage being on its way.
Maybe. I don't usually see the migrations headed south. Just kind of notice the birds are gone. But in the spring....i see thousands upon thousands of geese migrating north.

DoubleDutch

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Maybe. I don't usually see the migrations headed south. Just kind of notice the birds are gone. But in the spring....i see thousands upon thousands of geese migrating north.
Geese stay here nowadays

Betta'sAnonymous

DoubleDutch said:
Geese stay here nowadays
We have Canadian Geese year-round, just not always in numbers. Sone have just kinda made us there perma-home

Algonquin

Lots of interesting wildlife on the flowers right now

A Fraternal Potter Wasp

A Mustard White Butterfly

And a Long-Horned Bee.

DoubleDutch

Dutch birdlife
Grey Heron, Swallows, Spoonbill,Pollards, African goose.

DoubleDutch

"Epic" pics of a Spoonbill and Buzzards in the clouds

Betta'sAnonymous

Almost hit a deer this morning. Close as want to get to wildlife today.

DoubleDutch

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Almost hit a deer this morning. Close as want to get to wildlife today.
Only pics of living animals here please hahahaha.

Betta'sAnonymous

DoubleDutch said:
Only pics of living animals here please hahahaha.
If i wasn't on a highway and it wasn't zero dark 30 would have made a nice picture. Was just grazing and looked up at me, about 5 feet or so from my truck.

Algonquin

The deer is probably not too impressed with you today either hilarious

Algonquin

I watched this little guy stuff 18 peanuts into his cheeks yesterday!

Algonquin

2 young cardinals (male). We've had the pleasure this year of watching the parents feed their young seeds from our feeders. The babies start off grey, and the males develop their red colour as they grow. These 2 were getting the leftover peanuts that the chipmunk couldn't fit into his cheeks

Betta'sAnonymous

Made a friend at work today?

DoubleDutch

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Don't the females eat the males after mating? And you call that a friend ? hahahha

jake37

Did you shake hands ?

Betta'sAnonymous said:

Betta'sAnonymous

jake37 said:
Did you shake hands ?
No, didn't seem to trust me much, watched me like a hawk.

DoubleDutch said:
Don't the females eat the males after mating? And you call that a friend ? hahahha
What can i say...i roll with a rough crowd! Lol

kanzekatores

From my trip out west last summer:

jake37

Our foxes are prettier and not nearly as bold (is that a fox?); i mean the ones i've spotted in my area have been really well groomed and very red - but they are hard to spot cause they don't like me.

Betta'sAnonymous

kanzekatores said:
From my trip out west last summer:

I had one of those foxes in my yard the other morning! Wish they showed up when i could take a decent picture

kanzekatores

Yeah it’s a fox, in the Grand Teton mountains near Yellowstone. We saw it in the campground and pulled out the canon camera. The result is this really clear and beautiful picture of it; I know it would be pretty hard to mimic it when you spot one and pull out the iPhone.

Betta'sAnonymous

kanzekatores said:
Yeah it’s a fox, in the Grand Teton mountains near Yellowstone. We saw it in the campground and pulled out the canon camera. The result is this really clear and beautiful picture of it; I know it would be pretty hard to mimic it when you spot one and pull out the iPhone.
We have foxes like CRAZY in town. First one i seen in my yard but have seen several nearby. Heck, one night i almost turned one into roadkill cuz i was watching one fox cross from my side of the road and almost didn't see the other fox coming from the opposite side! Also have bison a couple miles away, but they are fenced in

jake37

Our foxes are south-eastern foxes i see them in residential neighborhood (people are told not to let their cats wander). But they are very shy and rarely just walk down a road - mostly they hug the bushes and keep mostly concealed. They are also a bit smaller (not as tall). Of course some of that might be age and sex.

Betta'sAnonymous said:
We have foxes like CRAZY in town. First one i seen in my yard but have seen several nearby. Heck, one night i almost turned one into roadkill cuz i was watching one fox cross from my side of the road and almost didn't see the other fox coming from the opposite side! Also have bison a couple miles away, but they are fenced in

Betta'sAnonymous

jake37 said:
Our foxes are south-eastern foxes i see them in residential neighborhood (people are told not to let their cats wander). But they are very shy and rarely just walk down a road - mostly they hug the bushes and keep mostly concealed. They are also a bit smaller (not as tall). Of course some of that might be age and sex.
We dont see them much in daylight. The ones around here have pretty much free range at night though. The one that was in my yard acted less skittish than stray cats. It saw me standing about 20 feet away and just kept its leisurely trot.

Pescado_Verde

Betta'sAnonymous said:
They're territorial. If they like a spot they'll stay there from spring until fall.

Found this moth on my front window screen this morning. Not sure if it's an intentional attempt at camouflage or just a natural pattern but the lines on his body and the dark spots on the bottom edges of the wings sure seem to coincide with the screen.

86 ssinit

Out driving tonight and saw these. Not the best shots.

Algonquin

Had the pleasure of going for a paddle last night at a waterfowl sanctuary - we counted over 70 Trumpeter Swans.

This big guy had a tag - we were calling him Agent X56, figured he was planted there as a spy

A gorgeous place. We saw various types of herons, ducks and geese. Even a pair of beavers! (but no photos of those guys).

Pescado_Verde

Algonquin those are some great shots there. Never hurts to have great material to work with!

Here's a few from another trip to the zoo. Finally ventured into the aquarium so FISH! (don't let the otter see them, no doubt they'd just make him hungry)

Algonquin

A couple of visitors sharing breakfast on my porch this morning

Pescado_Verde

My money is on the little guy. Mean streak.

Algonquin

Pescado_Verde said:
My money is on the little guy. Mean streak.
Actually, the bunny is a bit afraid of the chipmunk... all those quick, jumpy movements make the bunny very nervous. Nice to see them getting along today!

jake37

Reminds me of watership down.

DoubleDutch

Swallows and a Kestrel

Algonquin

DoubleDutch what kind of birds are those? The little ones remind me of Juncos, but they're not. That big guy is beautiful and very scary!
Oh geez, just saw the names at the top too busy looking at the pictures to see it!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom