Wild-life photos - Page 44

Pescado_Verde

Shooting caged animals again, East African Crowned Crane today.

Betta'sAnonymous

fish 321 said:
My mom grew up in Minesota and she ate those all the time.
They are kinda tasty

DoubleDutch

Insect-time

ghostdawg

fish 321 said:
My mom grew up in Minesota and she ate those all the time.
I did eat turtle soup once, years ago, it was okay. I've always heard turtle meat taste like 7 different types of meat. I'm not sure if it's true or not!

ghostdawg

I've heard of worm in a bottle but worm suckers...

jake37

Tequila !

ghostdawg said:
I've heard of work in a bottle but worm suckers...

ghostdawg

Yes, Tequila. Is that what the sucker is also, tequila? I found it at a car wash one day. I also edited it from "work to worm", these old eyes!

Pescado_Verde

Not tequila, mezcal. Mezcal has the worm.

ghostdawg

Thanks. Some reason I always thought it was tequila. Probably was too drunk to noticed!

DoubleDutch

Renaissanista

Squirrel being squirrely.
It's like 95 degrees F out there in direct sun. Yet, he seems to like it.

DoubleDutch

Meet Polly the pollinator

MomeWrath

DoubleDutch said:
Meet Polly the pollinator
She's so fluffy!!!!!

Here's a fine gentleman I spotted sitting on my black taro plant the other day. A forktailed bush katydid. I like his stripey antennae.
I guess bugs count as wildlife? haha

julifhy

julifhy said:
Our hummingbird feeder is red with yellow flowers that are outlined in red. We also have a lot of wasps, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem. Somehow the wasps in our backyard are really chill lol.
So I just got bit by a wasp twice... they are not as chill as I thought they were :inpain:

Here are some butterfly and moth pictures I took while camping:

We were camping by a lake and here was the view :

Betta'sAnonymous

Couple visitors at work today

Demeter

So there’s this black bumblebee that loves to go swimming. I’ve saved this guy 4 days in a row, not sure if it’s the same one or just coincidence. All i know is I don’t see black bumblebees too often around here.

Pescado_Verde

Small boys probably qualify as wildlife so I'll put this here. Oh, and there's an otter too.

Algonquin

An Ebony Jewelwing Damselfly.

DoubleDutch

European butterflies (pics taken in Germany)

Leeman75

Just spied this morning while fishing (gasp!) with my boys. I loved the bright blue color on this dragonfly.

Pescado_Verde

Go to the zoo, take pictures of the native birds, lol. Did learn something though - New World vultures are descended from cranes and Old World vultures are descended from raptors. Anyway, some vulture pics and a crane (NOT native). I don't see the resemblance.
. I

qldmick

A few interesting creatures found whilst cutting wood.

fish 321

Black bear familly roaming the neighborhood.

DoubleDutch

German wildlife

DoubleDutch

Dutch wildlife again

julifhy

Santa Cruz wildlife hilarious

I also swam next to a jellyfish and later a sea lion

Renaissanista

About 2". Crawled across my wood floor.
I'm in the US.
I dont know what beetle this is, but it was big.

fish 321

Renaissanista said:
About 2". Crawled across my wood floor.
I'm in the US.
I dont know what beetle this is, but it was big.
Looks like a stag beetle.

Renaissanista

Stag beetle....good to know. First I ever saw one.

Pescado_Verde

Renaissanista said:
Stag beetle....good to know. First I ever saw one.
Judging by how this year is going I'd say stag beetle with COVAIDS.

erinw347

This guy landed on my window recently

Renaissanista

Good thing I practiced social distancing with him then.
He was swept up and thrown outside right quick.
Didn't know beetles could get Covid. He wasn't wearing a mask over his horn, though. Lol

Pescado_Verde

Back to the zoo today! One of the few places a person can go these days that doesn't require a mask! So what we have here is a spoonbill, a turkey and a trumpet vine after a brief shower passed thru courtesy of tropical storm Hanna.

jake37

Do you live in USA ? If so what state? Most of the zoo i know of are closed to the public.

Pescado_Verde said:
Back to the zoo today! One of the few places a person can go these days that doesn't require a mask! So what we have here is a spoonbill, a turkey and a trumpet vine after a brief shower passed thru courtesy of tropical storm Hanna.

Pariah

jake37 said:
Do you live in USA ? If so what state? Most of the zoo i know of are closed to the public.
I was thinking the same. We always buy season passes to the Columbus zoo. They're open, but you have to make a reservation and it's only 2 hours, which is not enough time, so we're waiting for things to go back to normal before renewing our membership.

Pescado_Verde

jake37 said:
Yes, Texas. Wide open spaces, 100 degree temps and lots of sunshine aren't really conducive to CV.

Algonquin

A lovely woodpecker... although not too bright. He's shown up twice on my porch, pecking the pressure treated wood divider

Betta'sAnonymous

jake37 said:
Last i knew the zoo a few blocks from my house was still open to the public. Of course, wife won't let me take the kids...but i still wanna go, they got new stuff the last couple of years

jake37

Yea Omaha is suppose to have one of the better zoos - never been but my sister has been a few times.

FishTankFanatic

I know this isn't an animal but I'm pretty sure a plant could be considered wildlife?

Betta'sAnonymous

jake37 said:
Yea Omaha is suppose to have one of the better zoos - never been but my sister has been a few times.
It actually is. Sadly thats not the one by me

Pescado_Verde

FishTankFanatic said:
I know this isn't an animal but I'm pretty sure a plant could be considered wildlife?
Probably would be bad luck to NOT post that!

DoubleDutch

Marsh Harrier
Grey Heron

FishBoy101

Pescado_Verde said:

Ah, lucky. haven't been to the zoo in so long.

julifhy

Here’s our grass hopper friend who lives in our backyard

We also have a domestic bunny in our backyard. My best guess is that someone released it. It’s not the first time this happened. I’m going to ask my neighbors for a puppy pen and try to lure the bunny in it with some apples and carrots lol. Hopefully it works.

mrjohn

Maybe this should be posted somewhere else, but anyone know what creature these nests belong to?
They are on the side of my house.

jake37

oops

Leeman75

mrjohn said:
Maybe this should be posted somewhere else, but anyone know what creature these nests belong to?
They are on the side of my house.
I believe that's a Mud Dauber nest. We get those at the top of the inside of my garage door almost ever year. They're pretty harmless for wasps.

mrjohn

Leeman75 said:
I believe that's a Mud Dauber nest. We get those at the top of the inside of my garage door almost ever year. They're pretty harmless for wasps.
Thanks! I was thinking some type of wasp but wasn't sure. We had an infestation of yellow jackets last year. They found a hole that led to a crawl space that was connected to my bedroom. I was stung a few times and we had to call pest control twice. I was worried that it was happening all over again.

MiaK

2 pics from our weekly hiking. Wichita mountains, OK

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom