Wild-life photos - Page 47

DoubleDutch

Algonquin said:
DoubleDutch what kind of birds are those? The little ones remind me of Juncos, but they're not. That big guy is beautiful and very scary!
Oh geez, just saw the names at the top too busy looking at the pictures to see it!
Those are young Barnswallows still getting fed by their parents. Getting ready to fly to Africa soon. I love them.

Betta'sAnonymous

Sings: i got some wild, wild life!!

Betta'sAnonymous

Katydids and mantisses galore at work at 6am...

DoubleDutch

Cloudy pics

Betta'sAnonymous

DoubleDutch

Betta'sAnonymous said:
What are thise cute li'l birds?
Barnswallows.
They'll fly to Africa end of this month.
Hoping to welcome them back in march 2021 then.

Pescado_Verde

Not sure what this bird is, shot him at the zoo in I believe a critters of S. Texas/Mexico exhibit.

Demeter

Tiny toad, these little guys are out in droves. They’ll be happy once the ant hatch start flying around, I like to place toads right near the entrance and watch them gorge themselves, natural pest control!

kallililly1973

Caught this little guy just cruising along the wall of my most favorite fishing spot since I was a kid! Baby snapping turtle. I also caught a one pound bass!

Elkwatcher

DoubleDutch

Another hike in Incredible Dr.Pol-country

chromedome52

Only Dr. Pol I know of is the one on TV, and he's in Michigan. You guys got another Dr. Pol?

DoubleDutch

chromedome52 said:
Only Dr. Pol I know of is the one on TV, and he's in Michigan. You guys got another Dr. Pol?
He was born and raised in Wateren in the Netherlands. That place is in the middle.of the aerea I hiked and I even passed the farmhouse.

So it is the same Dr.Pol.
We had the young one and you the old(er) one hahahah.

NBettas83

I completely forgot about this thread!

PerfectSatyr683

I just a few weeks ago I found a butterfly chrysalis in my giant field and I kept it in a butterfly hatching about 20 gallon netted cage to see what happens and this morning it had hatched and it was a black spotted cabbage white so beautiful

qldmick

These are Scaly-breasted lorikeets, had to look them up as I'm used to seeing rainbow lorikeets in the garden instead.

Koneko

Nice lorikeet video.

DoubleDutch

Grey Heron

qldmick

Here's the rainbow Lorikeets I'm used to seeing.

smee82

I like this thread.
The ducks my daughter loves to feed were out this morning when i walked her to kindergarten

Feeding the other ducks at the park across the road

Feeding the ducks while her little brother looks on

Lots of fish

Feeding time

NBettas83

DoubleDutch said:
Grey Heron
We have a lot of Herons in Colorado too, they are so pretty!

Donovan Jones

Went catfishing yesterday and saw this guy drowning. Rescued him and he let me snag some good pics, not that he had a choice. His wings were wet.

julifhy

I hadn't posted here in a while...
Here are some sort of recent pictures I took

This one's my personal favorite :

jake37

We have a ton of blue herons in Tn along with a few green ones. the green heron is quite small compared to these gigantic blue ones.

NBettas83 said:
We have a lot of Herons in Colorado too, they are so pretty!

smee82

I found a photo of the most deadliest creature in the world the rare australian drop bear.

Pescado_Verde

Flight quarters!

Elkwatcher

Pescado_Verde said:
Flight quarters!

I had to log in when I saw the email notification of my all time favourite raptor. Great shot! @Pescado_Verde

Basil

Pescado_Verde said:
Flight quarters!

Are they black vultures?
Great shot!!

Pescado_Verde

Basil said:
Are they black vultures?
Great shot!!
Yes they are. Thanks!

Pescado_Verde

Not raptors, cranes. New world vultures.

Elkwatcher

Pescado_Verde said:
Not raptors, cranes. New world vultures.
This is an interesting article, some people think they are raptors some don't. I'm still sitting on the fence. The vulture still remains my all time favourite bird.

DoubleDutch

Had to share the sheep as well hahaha
Pretty wild as you can see.

jake37

Wow didn't know you had wild sheeps out there. When I was in colorado we had a lot of wild goats in the mountains....

Elkwatcher

DoubleDutch said:
Had to share the sheep as well hahaha
Pretty wild as you can see.
Nice to see they still have their tails, we dock them out here.

Pescado_Verde

Elkwatcher said:
This is an interesting article, some people think they are raptors some don't. I'm still sitting on the fence. The vulture still remains my all time favourite bird.
Very interesting! I found this article that is fairly recent an it seems to disagree with what I thought I knew, or at least what I had read not long ago. It says that Old World vultures are NOT raptorial but that New World vultures ARE! Just the opposite of what I thought.

Basil

Pescado_Verde said:
Yes they are. Thanks!
They are also one of my favorites. Well, unless they are bathing in the horse water tub!

Elkwatcher

Pescado_Verde said:
Very interesting! I found this article that is fairly recent an it seems to disagree with what I thought I knew, or at least what I had read not long ago. It says that Old World vultures are NOT raptorial but that New World vultures ARE! Just the opposite of what I thought.

They are trying to confuse us, which in my case isn't hard to do! Be they new or old world I always wondered because their behaviour is unlike eagles, owls and hawks who are predators and not scavengers. Good article!

kallililly1973

Just got these nice shots of a big praying mantis. I saved him from climbing my fence and put him in the bushes and as I snapped the last shot he looked at as to say “thanks”

jake37

Yea but .... oh well being a male praying mantis sucks.

kallililly1973 said:
Just got these nice shots of a big praying mantis. I saved him from climbing my fence and put him in the bushes and as I snapped the last shot he looked at as to say “thanks”

kallililly1973

jake37 said:
Yea but .... oh well being a male praying mantis sucks.
Why is that? I was just guessing the gender... but I assume bein a male sucks cuz the female lops their heads off after mating or something along those lines?

DoubleDutch

kallililly1973 said:
Why is that? I was just guessing the gender... but I assume bein a male sucks cuz the female lops their heads off after mating or something along those lines?
Isn't that reason enough ? hahahaha

jake37 said:
Wow didn't know you had wild sheeps out there. When I was in colorado we had a lot of wild goats in the mountains....
We haven"t any wild sheeps here Jake.
Only wild as in running when frightened hahaha.
To be honest we don't have "real nature" here in our tiny country.
That's why panick has hit now there are some wolves which decided to live here and crossed the border from Germany.
We aren't used to animals that behave natural anymore. Reaction : panick, fear, etc etc...

Pescado_Verde

Elkwatcher said:
They are trying to confuse us, which in my case isn't hard to do! Be they new or old world I always wondered because their behaviour is unlike eagles, owls and hawks who are predators and not scavengers. Good article!
I think they kick butt, folks can call them whatever.

smee82

Turns out my daughters not the only one to have a pet crab around here. Except i never thought about
Taking it for a walk

juniperlea

Assuming this is an owl. Is it? Anyone know its ID?

jake37

It is most definitely an owl like looking bird. You will know for sure when it turns its head backwards. that's the 100% sure way to know it is an owl - but be careful some people get screamish when it happens - esp little sisters.

juniperlea said:

julifhy

juniperlea said:
It looks like a hawk to me

jake37

I wonder if it is a red tail hawk.

---
What part of usa do you live ?

julifhy said:
It looks like a hawk to me

Pescado_Verde

A couple shots from the zoo of a koi pond, a Komodo dragon and then one from the river of a guy throwing a cast net trying to get bait for fishing.

86 ssinit

Saw this guy on the trail today

Sputnik

86 ssinit said:
Saw this guy on the trail today
Is that a black racer? Looks like it to me- love those snakes!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom