Wild-life photos - Page 45

jake37

Who painted his fangs blue ?

MiaK said:
2 pics from our weekly hiking. Wichita mountains, OK

MiaK

Right? But there is no filter, just right lighting, used my Phone He was very patient, I did a lot of pictures of him and he was just waiting for me to finish

Utar

Back in 2011 my brother and I were in South Dakota. We rented a couple of Harleys to ride for a tour to see Mount Rushmore and the surrounding area. Last year in October my brother passed away and I miss him really bad. Here are some pics for the trip and some are of these little chipmunks they where so cute. lol

Pic of my Brother

The Harleys we rented.

The cute little chipmunks we fed them peanuts and they where brave little guys coming right up to us.

Betta'sAnonymous

Got bored at work today

Redshark1

Some recent fungi: Blushing Wood Mushroom (delicious) growing with Atlas Cedar and Orange Grisette growing with Birch.

Redshark1

Some of the wonderful flowers at my local park.

Redshark1

A few more:

DoubleDutch

Utar said:
Back in 2011 my brother and I were in South Dakota. We rented a couple of Harleys to ride for a tour to see Mount Rushmore and the surrounding area. Last year in October my brother passed away and I miss him really bad. Here are some pics for the trip and some are of these little chipmunks they where so cute. lol

Pic of my Brother

The Harleys we rented.

The cute little chipmunks we fed them peanuts and they where brave little guys coming right up to us.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.
Nice you could share this trip with him.
Great pics.

MiaK

I have always teach our son to not touch any spiders because they can be poisonous. (3yo back then) He played with his car good 10 minutes, then asked me to clean his outside car because there was spiderweb inside. Well I just started cleaning without paying much attention when spotted something black and shiny. You know it doesn't sound good right? It was a good lesson about hiding danger outside

Betta'sAnonymous

Got to work this morning to find this waiting.

Basil

Wild turkey mom and babies. They were eating peaches.

Betta'sAnonymous

Basil said:
Wild turkey mom and babies. They were eating peaches.
I see turkeys often on my way home from work! They kinda thick around these parts!

Basil

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I see turkeys often on my way home from work! They kinda thick around these parts!
It’s only been the past 5-6 years that we are seeing them more. So still a novelty lol!

Betta'sAnonymous

Basil said:
It’s only been the past 5-6 years that we are seeing them more. So still a novelty lol!
There is a stand of trees along the highway that i like to drive by after a rainstorm....you sometimes see dozens of them coming out of the trees to shake the water off!

julifhy

julifhy said:
Here’s our grass hopper friend who lives in our backyard

We also have a domestic bunny in our backyard. My best guess is that someone released it. It’s not the first time this happened. I’m going to ask my neighbors for a puppy pen and try to lure the bunny in it with some apples and carrots lol. Hopefully it works.
It turned out to be a wild rabbit lol. We named it Toby

More pictures of him coming soon

Betta'sAnonymous

julifhy said:
It turned out to be a wild rabbit lol. We named it Toby

More pictures of him coming soon
Maybe i can catch a few and send them to you. Since my outdoor kitty died, the rabbits have taken over

DoubleDutch

MiaK said:
I have always teach our son to not touch any spiders because they can be poisonous. (3yo back then) He played with his car good 10 minutes, then asked me to clean his outside car because there was spiderweb inside. Well I just started cleaning without paying much attention when spotted something black and shiny. You know it doesn't sound good right? It was a good lesson about hiding danger outside
Is that a Black Widow spider ?

MiaK

Demeter

Just got back from my yearly camping trip. Here are some pictures!

The lake was about 3ft high so the surrounding swamp areas became part of the lake as seen beyond the old shoreline.

I also found some alder cones and collected a baggie full of the old cones. Some of them had odd growths and I found some green cones with said odd growths. Second picture is normal cones.

DoubleDutch

Dutch birdlife. Can't ID the birds in the last pics though hahahaha.

Crimson_687

Trapdoor spider!! Not very common in our area, but they’ve made a local comeback due to habitat restoration efforts and good weather. This is the male, who goes in search of a female, who stay in their trapdoor burrows

Also here’s a diamondback watersnake. Non-venomous, but still not to be messed with

This is a pair of white-tailed kite, or at least I think they are. Please correct me if I’m incorrect

Algonquin

This poor guy flew into my window yesterday - he was a bit stunned, but after posing for a few pics, he flew off. He didn't want to look at the camera tho.
He's a Cooper's Hawk. Biiiiggggg. About the size of a chicken. Look at those hooks! Yikes!
I've put up some more bird silhouettes on the window to help prevent future crashes

Crimson_687

Algonquin said:
This poor guy flew into my window yesterday - he was a bit stunned, but after posing for a few pics, he flew off. He didn't want to look at the camera tho.
He's a Cooper's Hawk. Biiiiggggg. About the size of a chicken. Look at those hooks! Yikes!
I've put up some more bird silhouettes on the window to help prevent future crashes
We have screens on our windows to keep inside the house cool, and they double as a bird-collision preventative. If anything the birds love it as it’s easy for them to grab lizards and bugs from the screen

Betta'sAnonymous

Work visitor

DoubleDutch

An American roaming Dutch streets

DoubleDutch

My favourite ducks Tufted Ducks and Pochards.

Betta'sAnonymous

DoubleDutch said:
My favourite ducks Tufted Ducks and Pochards.
Do you guys have mallards over there?

Betta'sAnonymous

Crimson_687 said:
Trapdoor spider!! Not very common in our area, but they’ve made a local comeback due to habitat restoration efforts and good weather. This is the male, who goes in search of a female, who stay in their trapdoor burrows

Also here’s a diamondback watersnake. Non-venomous, but still not to be messed with

This is a pair of white-tailed kite, or at least I think they are. Please correct me if I’m incorrect
That snake is a Nope Rope...that head shape would have me not sticking around to find out!

Crimson_687

Betta'sAnonymous said:
That snake is a Nope Rope...that head shape would have me not sticking around to find out!
They like to mimic cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus) in both body shape and temperament to deter people from messing with them, but they’re peaceful otherwise. They don’t want to mess with us as much as we don’t want to mess with them

Betta'sAnonymous

Crimson_687 said:
They like to mimic cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus) in both body shape and temperament to deter people from messing with them, but they’re peaceful otherwise. They don’t want to mess with us as much as we don’t want to mess with them
Yep, and i have been chased by cottonmouths, so that snake wont have to worry about me none

DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch

Only a few

DoubleDutch

Heron on top of the world

Patriotthebetta

I found this baby robin in the middle of the road, so I picked it up and put it in the bushes of my front yard so hopefully nothing could get to it.

DoubleDutch

Patriotthebetta said:
I found this baby robin in the middle of the road, so I picked it up and put it in the bushes of my front yard so hopefully nothing could get to it.
awwww

Betta'sAnonymous

Patriotthebetta said:
My old cats had a war with the robins and blue jays so i don't either one nesting or even coming to visit in years. Maybe next year they will figure out that the last of those cats passed this winter. The rabbits have figured it out....i rather have the birds

Pescado_Verde

'Mingos.

Pescado_Verde

I noticed about a week ago that a squirrel has found my daily bird feedings. He can't get to the food in the feeder but I throw out a couple handfuls of seed on the ground each morning also so that's what he's taking advantage of. Pretty funny to see him out there with 20 or 30 little birds, not sure who is afraid of who. I keep thinking I'll get some pictures of him but the good light for photos doesn't really start until about 8 or so and by that time there's a lot of people out and about and he's done for the day. Hopefully he gets a little bolder and stays around a little later into the day. I could try taking some low light pics but I'd rather not. Fingers crossed!

Betta'sAnonymous

One of the uglier moths i have seen, but it will still get its 15 mins of fame!

Algonquin

I think it looks really cool - nice camoflauge

mrjohn

Nature is beautiful and brutal. Someone had a horrendous night. I'll leave it as a thumbnail instead of slamming you in the face.

julifhy

mrjohn said:
Nature is beautiful and brutal. Someone had a horrendous night. I'll leave it as a thumbnail instead of slamming you in the face.
Is that a squirrel?

mrjohn

julifhy said:
Is that a squirrel?
I think it was a squirrel. We have a ton of coyotes because the city keeps cutting into the wooded area. We've seen them during the day as well which is a bit scary because I'm usually outside with my son. I know they aren't exactly dangerous as individuals, but you never know.

The city also released a memo a few years back that notified residents of coyotes mating with our dogs. Which makes much larger coyotes. Just beastly hybrids. I don't blame the coyotes at all but it can be a bit scary. We see this sort of stuff every once and a while in our yard. Sometimes we have little fires out there so you always have that in the back of your mind.

PerfectSatyr683

I just found these little rascals in my trash can so we had to dump the trash can out they scared me so much because I was putting my dogs poop in the trash

NBettas83

PerfectSatyr683 said:
I just found these little rascals in my trash can so we had to dump the trash can out they scared me so much because I was putting my dogs poop in the trash
You've caught the Wild Trash Bandit in their habitat!

PerfectSatyr683

They are cute but I don’t want to get any rabies

Donovan Jones

Found this weird looking Caterpillar today, no idea what it turns into

Patriotthebetta

Donovan Jones said:
Found this weird looking Caterpillar today, no idea what it turns into
Looked it up, this is a banded tussock moth caterpillar. They should look something like this when they go through their metamorphosis.

Patriotthebetta

Patriotthebetta said:
Looked it up, this is a banded tussock moth caterpillar. They should look something like this when they go through their metamorphosis.
The photo is from

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom