What Kind Of Eggs Are These?

JJBriant

Hello friends, so I have a tank with 10 neon tetras, 3 Bolivian rams, 4 albino corydoras, a Siamese algae eater, a nerite snail, and a snail that I’m not sure what it is. Maybe a pond snail or bladder snail. (It was a hitchhiker haha). I know the eggs aren’t from the nerite because I see her eggs all over all the time. These eggs are in a cluster and I’m just wondering who put them there haha.

Attachments

• 8FA796FD-8C0F-4F82-B8DF-31E589334094.jpeg
    8FA796FD-8C0F-4F82-B8DF-31E589334094.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 98

DoubleDutch

Hello friends, so I have a tank with 10 neon tetras, 3 Bolivian rams, 4 albino corydoras, a Siamese algae eater, a nerite snail, and a snail that I’m not sure what it is. Maybe a pond snail or bladder snail. (It was a hitchhiker haha). I know the eggs aren’t from the nerite because I see her eggs all over all the time. These eggs are in a cluster and I’m just wondering who put them there haha.
Cory-eggs

JJBriant

Cory-eggs
Ah okay. Welp my Bolivians ate all of them lol. So long baby corys

DoubleDutch

Ah okay. Welp my Bolivians ate all of them lol. So long baby corys
Oops some fishies should be punished

MamaLlama76

What are your tank water conditions? My sons would love to breed their corys (and the older one would like to get into breeding rare plecos...strange kid...bad experiences (broken heaters, filters etc.) in the 1980's pretty much put me off plecos forever.) We have albino corys in our heated goldfish tank and the bronze variation in our livebearer tank.

I imagine the corys could be moved if you wanted babies, or vice versa another tank for the rams.

JJBriant

What are your tank water conditions? My sons would love to breed their corys (and the older one would like to get into breeding rare plecos...strange kid...bad experiences (broken heaters, filters etc.) in the 1980's pretty much put me off plecos forever.) We have albino corys in our heated goldfish tank and the bronze variation in our livebearer tank.

I imagine the corys could be moved if you wanted babies, or vice versa another tank for the rams.
Temp is around 77. Ammonia and nitrite are 0. Nitrate is always 20 or below. I have lots of plants. Some java fern, dwarf hairgrass, amazon sword, Anubias, some kind of Val, and hornwort floating. I can upload a pic of my setup after work if you would like to see. And as far as breeding, I wasn’t planning on having any breeding going on haha. So whatever happens happens.

Heathen

To keep the eggs alive you can move them to a fabric breeder net, preferably over a micro bubbler.

ETNsilverstar

I think you should pet shame the rams for eating the eggs. lol

kallililly1973

I currently have green Cory breeding in a 5.5... he eggs scrape off the glass very easily with a used gift card.. ( very durable and sticky eggs ) another good way to breed them in the same tank is the marina breeder boxes that u hook an airline to and it will continuously circulate fresh tank water in and has a waterfall going back to the main tank. Once they hatch I put a small piece of poly fill at the return to avoid any fry going back to the main tank...

Attachments

• 77A60584-F3BE-40CF-9923-D97EB10E96F9.jpeg
    77A60584-F3BE-40CF-9923-D97EB10E96F9.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 45
  • D005B62B-46F7-43D7-93F6-1A919783F80C.jpeg
    D005B62B-46F7-43D7-93F6-1A919783F80C.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 50
  • 2C66B2F6-FA51-4DB7-B254-CD6343E3314E.jpeg
    2C66B2F6-FA51-4DB7-B254-CD6343E3314E.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 01569CC0-9770-463D-8737-D0D8710F7E4C.jpeg
    01569CC0-9770-463D-8737-D0D8710F7E4C.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 55

MamaLlama76

Temp is around 77. Ammonia and nitrite are 0. Nitrate is always 20 or below. I have lots of plants. Some java fern, dwarf hairgrass, amazon sword, Anubias, some kind of Val, and hornwort floating. I can upload a pic of my setup after work if you would like to see. And as far as breeding, I wasn’t planning on having any breeding going on haha. So whatever happens happens.
Sure, sounds like fun, always enjoy looking at a nicely planted aquarium for new ideas. I know my boys will love to learn new tips and tricks for their new hobby. (Goodness knows they are hard-headed when it comes to listening to Mama and would rather either learn the hard way or from some other "expert". They are almost 14 and 16 years old and definitely in the stubborn teenager stage.)

kallililly1973

Just be sure to have a backup plan if they do successfully start breeding... like having multiple tanks or friends family fish groups or pet stores to get credit once the fry are old enough. Good Luck!!

JJBriant

Just be sure to have a backup plan if they do successfully start breeding... like having multiple tanks or friends family fish groups or pet stores to get credit once the fry are old enough. Good Luck!!
I do have a spare 10 gallon that I can use in case, but I feel like there are just so many fish that want to eat the eggs that I won’t have fry survive most likely

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Rizz82
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
barrynelson336
Replies
Views
MissNoodle
Replies
Views
Cstep35