Koi Betta Breeding Journal

Cheesecake
Too bad I can't see the bottom 3 pics .

CanadianFishFan
Too bad I can't see the bottom 3 pics .
Something happened They went through on my end but once posted the forum had other ideas I guess.

Guanchy
Something happened They went through on my end but once posted the forum had other ideas I guess.
I can see it as an attachment but not when I try to expand it. They look great! Are you planning to breed them?

CanadianFishFan
I can see it as an attachment but not when I try to expand it. They look great! Are you planning to breed them?
I mean the male you COULD get away with breeding but I still stand for my NEVER breed pet store bettas. Jasmine would not be good either. But then again Lunar is pretty nice...

Guanchy
Ohh I see! Well they are pretty good looking bettas lol

Zai
They're gorgeous and I can't wait to see what they look like none of my pet stores sell platys, or well one of them has like 2 of them. I'm going to be checking out my lfs soon for one.

upinak
I mean the male you COULD get away with breeding but I still stand for my NEVER breed pet store bettas. Jasmine would not be good either. But then again Lunar is pretty nice...

Why not?

Just a curious question.

@Gaunchy - new baby pics PLEASE!

CanadianFishFan
Why not?

Just a curious question.

@Gaunchy - new baby pics PLEASE!
Even though he may look fine his brother and sisters had TERRIBLE genetics and jeans still with in him. That would lead to worse betta genetics and mutants and culls. His sister (I think? Since they arrived at the same time) has terrible genetics with a bent spine and stuck gill. I still never suggest it, even if they are pretty. And also he never makes bubble nests any way .

Guanchy
Counted about 30 of them today!!!

17344BCD-69F3-49B9-A797-90B6A9300B08.png
C6DFD3BC-5117-4C86-BF4B-C1C6E97B0BD6.jpeg

BabsandLoon
That white baby at the top with the big black eyes!! Oh my heart I love that little thing!!

Guanchy
That white baby at the top with the big black eyes!! Oh my heart I love that little thing!!
Yes!! I'm starting to think its a female. Shes very pretty

Zai
I'd love to possibly purchase one of the little guys from you when they're old enough. I've had no luck with store bought (chain store) bettas and it's heartbreaking for me and my daughter. I'd much prefer getting one from someone who has healthier bettas, even if it means paying a lot more for one.

Guanchy
I'd love to possibly purchase one of the little guys from you when they're old enough. I've had no luck with store bought (chain store) bettas and it's heartbreaking for me and my daughter. I'd much prefer getting one from someone who has healthier bettas, even if it means paying a lot more for one.
Thank you and I'm sorry to hear about your losses! Its hard specially for a kid to lose their pets.

These guys are not top quality Thailand bettas obviously but they are being raised on great quality food and great water conditions. One thing I know is that they would be healthy fish, plus if any of them doesn't look healthy or whatever, I won't be selling none of those

Zai
Thank you and I'm sorry to hear about your losses! Its hard specially for a kid to lose their pets.

These guys are not top quality Thailand bettas obviously but they are being raised on great quality food and great water conditions. One thing I know is that they would be healthy fish, plus if any of them doesn't look healthy or whatever, I won't be selling none of those
I doubt any betta here in the states would be TOP quality but I can at least trust people on here to take the best care possible of their fishies and not just leave them in a cup of bacteria like the chain stores do

Yeah we lost our betta today and he belonged to my 10 year old. Had him all fo a week, caught a fungus two days in and 3 days later expired. Lost all faith in the chain store by this point

Guanchy
I doubt any betta here in the states would be TOP quality but I can at least trust people on here to take the best care possible of their fishies and not just leave them in a cup of bacteria like the chain stores do

Yeah we lost our betta today and he belonged to my 10 year old. Had him all fo a week, caught a fungus two days in and 3 days later expired. Lost all faith in the chain store by this point
When I first got Tiger (dad) he had a bad case of popeye! He is completely healed now but almost fish you get from chain store will have something. I mean imagine living in a small cup with ammonia off the roof!

Guanchy
These guys are changing color by the day! Its crazy how they can be really dark one day and the bext day I wake up and they are white! Lol

This little guy was really dark, then turned completely white and now some light blue in his tail! And I know its a boy because he thinks he runs the tank! He has been flaring at everyone and every time one of thwm gets close to his favorite spot in the tank he chases them away!!

9AE5F2A1-FC4B-4EAF-AD23-4882BC67A2D1.jpeg

CaptAnnDuchow
These guys are changing color by the day! Its crazy how they can be really dark one day and the bext day I wake up and they are white! Lol

This little guy was really dark, then turned completely white and now some light blue in his tail! And I know its a boy because he thinks he runs the tank! He has been flaring at everyone and every time one of thwm gets close to his favorite spot in the tank he chases them away!!

View attachment 539744
Gorgeous!!!

Guanchy
This one has some orange dots coming out

DE061877-270F-4B5C-BEDC-6EDCD2787747.jpeg

I tried taking photos of the rest but there are too many lol so enjoy random photos

46CCA88F-1D6F-47C4-8533-F2802E4BB02C.jpeg
8C65F17F-DE35-4F63-9844-71F7D4F69A2E.jpeg
BCA19EB6-B448-4011-BACB-D202BB10CEAE.jpeg
0A288C28-2390-41E5-8EDA-EAD7586FAF51.jpeg

CandyCane701
There are some true beauties in there! Some seem like they're going to be pretty unique too. Can't wait to see more as they continue to progress.
Anytime you get bored and feel like taking random pics, we'd love to see them.

Cameron2585
The white one with black eyes and orange spots is beautiful! (so are the rest)

Guanchy
There are some true beauties in there! Some seem like they're going to be pretty unique too. Can't wait to see more as they continue to progress.
Anytime you get bored and feel like taking random pics, we'd love to see them.
Thank you! Sometimes I feel like I update this thread too much and I don’t want to get people annoyed with all the photos lol

Guanchy
The white one with black eyes and orange spots is beautiful! (so are the rest)
Right! There are other white ones that I noticed today are also coloring up similar. White with black and orange spots

JLeeM
Thank you! Sometimes I feel like I update this thread too much and I don’t want to get people annoyed with all the photos lol
I say post on! If they don't want to see the little fin babies they can unwatch the thread. Lol.

Zai
Living for all the updates and photos. They're gorgeous!

ETNsilverstar

You can never have to many adorable fish baby photos!

sra
They're looking so good! Do you think that blue one might be mustard gas? I had a few pop up in one of my marbled dragon spawn. So much fun to watch

Guanchy
They're looking so good! Do you think that blue one might be mustard gas? I had a few pop up in one of my marbled dragon spawn. So much fun to watch
Hard to tell yet lol but that would be super cool

Guanchy
so the time has come when I have to separate the boys!!! they keep chasing each other around and flaring. So funny seeing this tiny bettas act tough! lol

here is a video of an idea I had to separate the boys!

Tell me what you think, if I can improve anything etc... feel free to give your opinion

btw in the beginning a show a small clip of some of them! now you can see them in videos not just photos

CandyCane701
Awesome video, and your pronunciation was great. The same as how I pronounce it anyways.

Guanchy
Awesome video, and your pronunciation was great. The same as how I pronounce it anyways.
Haha thanks friend! You are too nice

JLeeM
Haha thanks friend! You are too nice
I thought the same thing when I watched it. I just thought, no actually that pronunciation was pretty perfect. Lol.

As far as your cup idea, it looks really neat. You're going to make me want to find one of my fellas a lady friend. Both of mine are probably way too old to breed though. How old is your male?

Guanchy
I thought the same thing when I watched it. I just thought, no actually that pronunciation was pretty perfect. Lol.

As far as your cup idea, it looks really neat. You're going to make me want to find one of my fellas a lady friend. Both of mine are probably way too old to breed though. How old is your male?
haha thanks man!

actually I'm not sure how old is he because I got him when he was already grown but I know he isn't too old because when I got him he wasn't full size yet, he has actually been getting larger now

ETNsilverstar
Yeah, pronunciation was good. That's the only way I've heard it, at least. lol

Guanchy
Yeah, pronunciation was good. That's the only way I've heard it, at least. lol
haha I was pretty sure I said that wrong. Thanks.

Guanchy
As I was cleaning the tank I moved some of the “babies? (Not babies anymore) into containers and I looked and this guy was trying to fight everyone lol

03590817-7872-49E5-B709-4EA61C27C79C.jpeg
1CF1DA98-D2D7-4FC7-B6C0-9B152F6EDD0F.jpeg

Here are some other ones

Love the colors on this one. I'm still trying to figure out the sex (I'm leaning towards boy)

6990C0C3-7A05-4FEA-A2E8-8A75BCB04167.jpeg

And this is a very pretty girl. She is actually green, you can't see it in the picture but I think she’s beautiful

36E5546B-0BB7-4DA2-927D-0297A4FCE65F.jpeg

KOIiiii
Wow! They're pulchritudinous , how old are they now?

Guanchy
Wow! They're pulchritudinous , how old are they now?
Thank you!

They just turned 4 months three days ago

Bettaish
They're so cute! The white one looks just like one of my grown bettas!

windrunner9189
what have you used to feed them, from birth to now? Guanchy

Guanchy
They're so cute! The white one looks just like one of my grown bettas!
He’ll most likely turned into a koi. Yellow and black spots are coming out.

what have you used to feed them, from birth to now? Guanchy

First two week I hatched baby brine shrimp (a pain in my butt) and HikarI First Bite then I started doing frozen baby brine shrimp and the First Bite. After about 1.5 month I switched to regular brine shrimp, mysis shrimps, blood worms, dafnia and bug bites dry food.

A lot I know lol but its great to offer your fry as many different type of food as you can

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AquaCaitlin
Replies
Views
RSBettas
Replies
Views
AquaCaitlin
Replies
Views