Koi Betta Breeding Journal - Page 6

windrunner9189

Guanchy said:
First two week I hatched baby brine shrimp (a pain in my butt) and HikarI First Bite then I started doing frozen baby brine shrimp and the First Bite. After about 1.5 month I switched to regular brine shrimp, mysis shrimps, blood worms, dafnia and bug bites dry food.

A lot I know lol but its great to offer your fry as many different type of food as you can
thanks! trying to gather as much info as I can about feeding fry. I want to breed gouramis and the process is similar.
a variety of foods is great for any fish, really! it's assurance that fry have all the nutrients they need, promoting their growth. I'll have get myself to go out and get a whole bunch of fry foods soon. i'd say my adult fish need some more variety too.

Guanchy

firesflightt said:
thanks! trying to gather as much info as I can about feeding fry. I want to breed gouramis and the process is similar.
a variety of foods is great for any fish, really! it's assurance that fry have all the nutrients they need, promoting their growth. I'll have get myself to go out and get a whole bunch of fry foods soon. i'd say my adult fish need some more variety too.
Definitely recommend hatching brine shrimps! Make sure that you do a thread once you breed them, would love to follow

windrunner9189

Guanchy said:
Definitely recommend hatching brine shrimps! Make sure that you do a thread once you breed them, would love to follow
yep, for sure!

Repolie

Guanchy said:
As I was cleaning the tank I moved some of the “babies? (Not babies anymore) into containers and I looked and this guy was trying to fight everyone lol

03590817-7872-49E5-B709-4EA61C27C79C.jpeg

1CF1DA98-D2D7-4FC7-B6C0-9B152F6EDD0F.jpeg

Here are some other ones

Love the colors on this one. I'm still trying to figure out the sex (I'm leaning towards boy)

6990C0C3-7A05-4FEA-A2E8-8A75BCB04167.jpeg

And this is a very pretty girl. She is actually green, you can't see it in the picture but I think she’s beautiful

36E5546B-0BB7-4DA2-927D-0297A4FCE65F.jpeg
Wow they're turning out beautiful! The gender for the one you're asking is a male.

Guanchy

Repolie said:
Wow they're turning out beautiful! The gender for the one you're asking is a male.
Thank you! That's what I was thinking.

loneminx

I just read this entire thread. Such beautiful parents!! I'm so sorry about Rose, she was really a beauty!

And those babies !

I'm not at 50 posts yet (but I'm working towards it!).... If I get there by the time babies are ready and my betta tank is settled I would be very interested in a little lady.

Guanchy

loneminx said:
I just read this entire thread. Such beautiful parents!! I'm so sorry about Rose, she was really a beauty!

And those babies !

I'm not at 50 posts yet (but I'm working towards it!).... If I get there by the time babies are ready and my betta tank is settled I would be very interested in a little lady.
Thank you!

Guanchy

Update: Finally added substrate to the tank. I went with white sand so the color of the fry would pop more! I'm thinking of changing the background to black or white also. Not sure yet.

Added some driftwood, rocks, amazon sword, water lettuce, salvinia and a rock. In this tank I currently have the females and a couple of unsex ones. 5 of the boys were separated already because they were attacking each other.

Also I finally got to count them and I have 34 of them!!

484A38D1-0C6F-4C02-B5AB-CAFE9BB531BB.jpeg

BAD30CB4-B044-4D76-A696-CB6B7CB31123.jpeg

A32BD90D-3B1F-4087-A838-42F49996DA9A.jpeg

671D0038-C9C6-4B49-8754-DA98A60A2483.jpeg

AD7A6AF3-6286-4613-BE21-7D473BCA3088.jpeg

F205D164-E69F-493B-BF55-91472192EF81.jpeg

Guanchy

Here is also a video I recently did feeding them bloodworms. You can see most of them here

Zai

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait until they're old enough for new homes, I definitely want a little boy

JLeeM

It's looking like they took after Mama.

CandyCane701

Guanchy said:
Here is also a video I recently did feeding them bloodworms. You can see most of them here

Lol. It's funny when they're latched on before you release the food. They are all so beautiful!

CameronsBettas

I've actually llt never seen a full cellophane male without any other colouring and it looks like you might have one (he might just change colour soon or they might be females)

Guanchy

Zai said:
Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait until they're old enough for new homes, I definitely want a little boy
Definetely, it will be hard letting them go but I don't have the space for 34 bettas lol

JLeeM said:
It's looking like they took after Mama.
Yes! totally! its funny, a few of the boys are showing a lot of yellow like dad and the girls are taking after mom with the redish/orange colors

Guanchy

CandyCane701 said:
Lol. It's funny when they're latched on before you release the food. They are all so beautiful!
they are some hungry kids for sure!

MidnightBettas said:
I've actually llt never seen a full cellophane male without any other colouring and it looks like you might have one (he might just change colour soon or they might be females)
Yeah! a lot of the cellophane ones are starting to show some spots and are turning into "koi" but some of them have not color up at all yet

CameronsBettas

Any new photos?

Guanchy

Here are some photos of the largest boys. I love their colors and I have some other boys that are coloring very similar to these two and are getting their “koI patterns” coming out.

FD7E7761-BEA4-41D3-BE70-6C394F682D8B.jpeg

72080362-AE63-4989-B2D6-95446E6461D5.jpeg

7DEF3EF2-CBCE-4A54-BF58-EE0BD2F9011B.jpeg

C0C07126-691B-422D-8241-C24530130330.jpeg

8F289237-59B6-4B0A-9F4F-7949D38A76D5.jpeg

(they were only in the divided container for a few minutes so I can observe them flaring and make sure they are healthy and proper weight)

Cheesecake

The one on the left in the bottom pic is especially pretty .

Guanchy

everyone that comes to the house to see them falls in love with this guy lol I really like the other one with the black and yellow markings because I feel like when his color fully come out he will look just like dad

Cheesecake

Canaculus said:
The one on the left in the bottom pic is especially pretty .
Guanchy said:
everyone that comes to the house to see them falls in love with this guy lol I really like the other one with the black and yellow markings because I feel like when his color fully come out he will look just like dad
Wait, what am I saying? They're all pretty .

CameronsBettas

Beautiful! It kinda is a shame that you didn't get any yellow kois but they're still amazing fish

Guanchy

MidnightBettas said:
Beautiful! It kinda is a shame that you didn't get any yellow kois but they're still amazing fish
well their colors are not fully out yet and I still have tons of cellophane and brown ones that are starting to color up. If you notice the one in the right he has a yellow dot so I'm pretty sure he will turn out yellow.

Guanchy

Canaculus said:
Wait, what am I saying? They're all pretty .
Thank you thank you. I'm a proud grandfather

Cheesecake

Guanchy said:
Thank you thank you. I'm a proud grandfather
Once they're mature you won't be able to keep them in the tanks they'll be selling so fast .

ETNsilverstar

They're so pretty! I really love the blue eyes.

Guanchy

Canaculus said:
Once they're mature you won't be able to keep them in the tanks they'll be selling so fast .
I'm planning on how am I going to convience my wife to let me set up 20 something other tanks so I can keep them all!!! lol jk I know it will be hard to let them go.

Demeter

I want to see some females!

Guanchy

A028E81C-BB11-4A25-B119-81495ACE5B87.jpeg

F1F57056-C903-48E2-9EC8-2679659DA413.jpeg

4ED6FDCA-115D-4025-B0B5-0B2D19B2516E.jpeg

D0314696-F657-409B-9F64-E76FC2EC305B.jpeg

57259995-4490-43FD-B0AA-AAE8F84D34EA.jpeg

Here are some of the single ladies.

This one I'm still not 100% sure

864A72D8-6361-4DEA-A497-9D61DEE476DC.jpeg

Demeter said:
I want to see some females!

Fanatic

I love that last picture, they all look amazing!

Cheesecake

Guanchy said:

A028E81C-BB11-4A25-B119-81495ACE5B87.jpeg

F1F57056-C903-48E2-9EC8-2679659DA413.jpeg

4ED6FDCA-115D-4025-B0B5-0B2D19B2516E.jpeg

D0314696-F657-409B-9F64-E76FC2EC305B.jpeg

57259995-4490-43FD-B0AA-AAE8F84D34EA.jpeg

Here are some of the single ladies.

This one I'm still not 100% sure

864A72D8-6361-4DEA-A497-9D61DEE476DC.jpeg
All the single ladies, all the single ladies, PUT YOUR FINS UP!

Guanchy

“Put your fins up”
Canaculus said:
All the single ladies, all the single ladies, PUT YOUR FINS UP!
“Put your fins up” Hahahah so funny

loneminx

Those ladies are all so beautiful!!

Zai

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe how pretty they've all turned out. Any idea when they'll be ready for new homes?

Guanchy

2EA33E59-6D20-403A-A882-78EDE73AF534.jpeg
This one is the biggest out of all the fry! First I thought it was a male but now I'm thinking female. What do you guys think?

Here is a link to a video I posted of it on instagram

Guanchy

Zai said:
Absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe how pretty they've all turned out. Any idea when they'll be ready for new homes?
I would say one more month!!!

CameronsBettas

Guanchy said:

2EA33E59-6D20-403A-A882-78EDE73AF534.jpeg
This one is the biggest out of all the fry! First I thought it was a male but now I'm thinking female. What do you guys think?

Here is a link to a video I posted of it on instagram
Looks like a male to me

Guanchy

KoiBettas said:
Looks like a male to me
That's what I thought at first because of the long ventral fins but just this week I noticed the egg spot. You can see it in the photo

JLeeM

Guanchy said:
That's what I thought at first because of the long ventral fins but just this week I noticed the egg spot. You can see it in the photo
Interesting conundrum. I thought I saw an egg spot too, but those ventrals are so long. Which is exactly what you said. My way of saying hmmm I wonder.

Rtessy

Young males normally display an egg spot, I've found ventrals to be a lot more reliable. My breeding male showed a really prominent egg spot his whole life

Guanchy

JLeeM said:
Interesting conundrum. I thought I saw an egg spot too, but those ventrals are so long. Which is exactly what you said. My way of saying hmmm I wonder.
Ill keep watching and see!

Rtessy said:
Young males normally display an egg spot, I've found ventrals to be a lot more reliable. My breeding male showed a really prominent egg spot his whole life
And interesting! That makes sense.

Top Bottom