Koi Betta Breeding Journal

Guanchy
Ready for dinner

03661114-8A8D-48AE-8B40-DD06B142FEF6.jpeg

Guanchy
two months today! A lot of them are turning white! there are some with read tails and some with black tails! I can't wait until their colors start to fully develope! I also wonder if those turning whites are going to have the koi pattern

FullSizeRender-1 2.jpeg
FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

Bryangar
Woah! They have a spotted pattern. I’ve never seen that before lol

Guanchy
Woah! They have a spotted pattern. I’ve never seen that before lol
yeah!!! Most babies have it, that's how they start off and eventually it fades and their colors come out. You see that white one in the photo? He/she was spotted too and she turned all white

CaptAnnDuchow
two months today! A lot of them are turning white! there are some with read tails and some with black tails! I can't wait until their colors start to fully develope! I also wonder if those turning whites are going to have the koi pattern

View attachment 533452 View attachment 533453
Omg they are getting so big and so cute

BettaMaxx
This is such a fun thread! Those babies are so cute! Nice work.

Guanchy
This is such a fun thread! Those babies are so cute! Nice work.
Thank you! its been a lot of fun raising these kids

Guanchy
Look how neat this guy is!

He was all black now turning white.

I'm doing some research online and I read that those turning all white will be marble bettas

FullSizeRender-11.jpeg

CaptAnnDuchow

He was all black no turning white.

I'm doing some research online and I read that those turning all white will be marble bettas

View attachment 534931
That is so neat!!

BabsandLoon

He was all black now turning white.

View attachment 534931

Awe!! That is the cutest little guy! I think that marble gene is the neatest thing.
You are doing an amazing job with the babies!!

Guanchy
Awe!! That is the cutest little guy! I think that marble gene is the neatest thing.
You are doing an amazing job with the babies!!
Thank you! a lot of work but its fun!

sra
Plakats are my favorite You have an awesome looking spawn!

Guanchy
So this morning I go to check on them and noticed this little one turning blue!!! It was pretty dark before and just over night started coloring up. I hope he/she keeps that blue color

E2E560B5-32B2-4C3C-A708-AC3EDF6D7D08.jpeg
2559FF4D-496D-4360-A36C-8833BC92F11A.jpeg

CandyCane701
Wow, that's very bright. Hopefully it sticks

Guanchy
I hope so!

ETNsilverstar
So pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing how this one changes!

Bettaish
That's such a pretty color!

Laila1023
Young bettas are the cutest! I can’t wait to see how they grow up!

Guanchy

C0DE85F0-8296-431A-B801-127E3E4B0AF1.jpeg
A456DCC5-8637-426C-B28D-F44E741A37C8.jpeg
02FEE69B-B309-425F-8820-8719B1EA93E9.jpeg Took out the three biggest ones for some photos! These guys are giants compared to the rest of the fry!

I especially like the white one with the big black eyes

Guanchy
Yes they look great! I love when the light hits them and you can see their colors

I love those two blue ones! They're so pretty!!

Cheesecake
I literally thought that the blue one's were colored using Photoshop ! Their gorgeous! How much are you selling them for?

Guanchy
No photoshop at all lol I'm going yo upload a video to YouTube soon so you guys can see the colors well.

As far as selling them, no idea yet. I don't know their sex yet and I want to wait until their colora are more developed

JLeeM
This will probably get me a lot of "funny looks", but I've never been really fond of koi bettas. Tiger though is amazing. He's very unusual looking. Excited to see how his young turn out. The mother was pretty interesting too. I like that they both have the blue streaks. I bet the young will have a strong chance of inheriting that galaxy Gene since both parents have it.

Addie42
This will probably get me a lot of "funny looks", but I've never been really fond of koi bettas. Tiger though is amazing. He's very unusual looking. Excited to see how his young turn out. The mother was pretty interesting too. I like that they both have the blue streaks. I bet the young will have a strong chance of inheriting that galaxy Gene since both parents have it.

yeh both the parents are stunning. Tiger looks photoshopped almost, one of the prettiest bettas I have ever seen for sure.

Guanchy
No looks at all. Everyone has their preferences and that's fine. A lot of peolle find crown-tail bettas stunning for example but I can't picture myself owning one! Not a big fan at all.

And I'm hoping they do look like the parents!

yeh both the parents are stunning. Tiger looks photoshopped almost, one of the prettiest bettas I have ever seen for sure.

Thanks! Tiger by fat is my favorite fish that I have ever owned. Not only Beautiful but has a great personality.

JLeeM
No looks at all. Everyone has their preferences and that's fine. A lot of peolle find crown-tail bettas stunning for example but I can't picture myself owning one! Not a big fan at all.

And I'm hoping they do look like the parents!

Thanks! Tiger by fat is my favorite fish that I have ever owned. Not only Beautiful but has a great personality.
It's funny you should mention crowntails. I saw a stunning solid black female a couple months back. I planned out a place to put her a tank, went to get her, and she was gone. At the time I said maybe it was meant to be. I've already got 2 males (a halfmoon and a twintail). Decided that if I get a third, it'll be if I find another black female crown, and I'll call her Morticia (big Addams Family fan; the hen of Morticia's dress). However, one of your little plakats might change my mind. Lol.

Guanchy
Hahah awesome! Hopelly you can take one!
It's funny you should mention crowntails. I saw a stunning solid black female a couple months back. I planned out a place to put her a tank, went to get her, and she was gone. At the time I said maybe it was meant to be. I've already got 2 males (a halfmoon and a twintail). Decided that if I get a third, it'll be if I find another black female crown, and I'll call her Morticia (big Addams Family fan; the hen of Morticia's dress). However, one of your little plakats might change my mind. Lol.

Ive been wanting a blue, black and white Koi betta for the longest! So I'm hoping I get some blue ones from the babies. Although the chances of that happening is very rare

sra
They're really coloring up! I love the little cellophane marble guy. It's so fun to see how they change

ETA: Do you think you'll be selling any? Following your progress has made me want one! Lol!

Guanchy
They're really coloring up! I love the little cellophane marble guy. It's so fun to see how they change

ETA: Do you think you'll be selling any? Following your progress has made me want one! Lol!
will do! I will be most likely selling all of them. Some are already spoken for and whatever I can't sell my LFS told me they would take them in

Guanchy
Quick update on the parents:

We recently lost mom unfortunately. I'm still not sure what happened. She was eating and looked like her usual self all day, then at night before bed I went to check on all the tanks and when I looked over to her tank she was just laying at the bottom already dead! Very strange.

Dad:
Tiger has been doing great! Gaining a lot of weight so he will go on a diet soon lol He has been making the biggest bubble nest! So he is ready for babies #2. The plan is to wait until the babies are old enough so I can breed him to one of his daughters (that sounds so weird) and keep the line going.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

JaksAquatics
I want one they look so cute!

Rtessy
Aw, I'm so sorry about the mom! Both my parents imbellis also passed, so I feel your pain man
It really helps having their babies stay alive, that way you feel like you did right by them, you know?
And Tiger still looks as stunning as ever!!

Guanchy
Aw, I'm so sorry about the mom! Both my parents imbellis also passed, so I feel your pain man
It really helps having their babies stay alive, that way you feel like you did right by them, you know?
And Tiger still looks as stunning as ever!!

Yeah it really sucked! I really liked that little lady.

Rtessy
Yeah it really sucked! I really liked that little lady.

But yeah, it really really does suck to lose them. At least she'll be happy to know that her babies are in good hands

CandyCane701
Could it have possibly just been old age? Sorry she passed

Guanchy
Could it have possibly just been old age? Sorry she passed

Maybe who knows!

CanadianFishFan
That's why I want to breed Koi Bettas one day. The marble process is so much fun. Sure its the same 5 colors but the patterns... My current adult koi is just starting to marble and I can't wait to see the result.

Guanchy
That's why I want to breed Koi Bettas one day. The marble process is so much fun. Sure its the same 5 colors but the patterns... My current adult koi is just starting to marble and I can't wait to see the result.
I saw a picture that you recently posted! he is stunning

CanadianFishFan
I saw a picture that you recently posted! he is stunning
Pssst that's my female Jasmine My male koi "Lunar" only has 2 black spots to start off his marbling. Lets be real Jasmine isn't a proper koi Plus she is a halfmoon female.
Jasmine:

upload_2019-3-13_15-59-47.png
Lunar

upload_2019-3-13_16-0-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-13_15-59-54.png
    upload_2019-3-13_15-59-54.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 96
  • upload_2019-3-13_16-0-6.png
    upload_2019-3-13_16-0-6.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 92

Similar Aquarium Threads