Fluval Flex 15g Stocking

Cole23

Hi everyone! I’m new to Fishlore and fish keeping. I bought a Fluval Flex 15g and stand online a few hours ago, and I plan on doing a fishless cycle once it arrives and is set up and running. I haven’t decided if I will use live plants in it because I don’t know how capable the stock light is at growing plants, and also I don’t know anything about keeping live plants and it seems difficult. Anyway I have some stocking questions about this tank. The dimensions of the tank are 16” x 15” x 15” so I realize it’s limited length wise. So I found a 10 gallon stocking list on here made by Anders247 I believe, and I basically went by that. I got on Aqadvisor and entered the Fluval Flex 15 dimensions and it didn’t have the filter so I chose a HOB filter with a lower gph than the flex filter to be safe. I entered the following fish and got these results:

1 Honey Gourami
2 Male guppies
6 Pygmy Cory’s
6 dwarf rasbora or celestial pearl danio or ember tetra

Aquarium filtration capacity 155%
Water change 24% a week
Stocking level 89%

I’ve read a lot of people on here don’t trust Aqadvisor and some say the stocking level should be at 80% or lower. So I was hoping you all could tell me if this looks overstocked and if you would change the numbers of anything or have any ideas of other fish species that might be happier in my tank. I like colorful active fish, but I want to make sure the fish are healthy and stress free. Thanks!

JettsPapa

Welcome to the forum. I haven't kept them, but I've seen many people here say honey gouramis do better in groups. With that in mind, I'd probably bump it up to 3 of them and drop the guppies. I think the rest of it looks good.

kansas

I bought one of these tanks about 3 months ago. I went to the LFS asked the staff to suggest easy to grow plants.

I ended up with Jave Ferns, hornwort, a couple of crypts and some ludwigia. They've all grown really well.

I'm sure there a lot of plants that wouldn't do that well with that light, but it worked for me. I like live plants, I enjoy watching the fish swim through the plants and makes it easier to maintain a healthy tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
TheAnglerAquarist
  • Question
Replies
Views
Netti
  • Question
Replies
Views