Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's what mine are getting the next few days

Attachments

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I usually feed my fish frozen food on a daily basis.

thiqqfish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I use Tetramin Tropical flakes

sarah224

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yum yum! I feed mostly Hikari brand stuff, but to get their frozen foods I have to drive to Indy :sorry: I bought a lot of freeze dried stuff before I read about introducing air into the gut, so I’m thinking I’m going to get some Repashy Soilent Green and put them in that. Like fruit in jello :joyful:

Ryanster

Reaction score
Northfin has superior Ingredients to many, worth the extra cpl $ imo.

sarah224

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Crispii said:
Ok, so I’ve seen tons of posts hating on that, but when I first learned about frozen food I thought why wouldn’t you do that??? Seems closer to what they’d eat in the wild. I don’t know, I’m new to most of this.:happy:

MissPanda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I feed flake food, bug bites, veggies and frozen food. (different varieties of each) I like to mix it up.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
sarah224 said:
Ok, so I’ve seen tons of posts hating on that, but when I first learned about frozen food I thought why wouldn’t you do that??? Seems closer to what they’d eat in the wild. I don’t know, I’m new to most of this.:happy:
That's because I have wild caught fish. The only fish that I don't feed frozen food is by bristlenose pleco.

Indianasfishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Crispii said:
Do use the same kind all the time ? Or give them a variety ?

Indianasfishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sarah224 said:
Yum yum! I feed mostly Hikari brand stuff, but to get their frozen foods I have to drive to Indy :sorry: I bought a lot of freeze dried stuff before I read about introducing air into the gut, so I’m thinking I’m going to get some Repashy Soilent Green and put them in that. Like fruit in jello :joyful:
I go to the reef at keystone and 56th street I always put my cubes in a cup with some water and fully let them melt for atleast 5-7 min, then I'll pour off the top layer of water and blast them with a blast from the faucet to make sure the cubes are totally broken up and dethawed

sarah224 said:
I agree with this

Crispii said:
Variety. Depending on the fish, I would feed bloodworms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, beefheart, spirulina, BBS, daphnia, or cyclops.
I feel like the variety is better to keep them mixed up

Attachments

Kitley

Valued Member
Reaction score
so, new to this...so far have fed only the dried flakes and algae tabs. I have zebra danios, platys, a mystery snail and cory cats. Is there something frozen that would work for most of them without investing a lot of dollars at this point? Also my tank is still cycling...fishin so can I still feed frozen food?

SoldSpartan

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Indianasfishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Kitley said:
so, new to this...so far have fed only the dried flakes and algae tabs. I have zebra danios, platys, a mystery snail and cory cats. Is there something frozen that would work for most of them without investing a lot of dollars at this point? Also my tank is still cycling...fishin so can I still feed frozen food?
My Cory's and danios both love brine shrimp and bloodworms

Kitley

Valued Member
Reaction score
yes,,,planning to get that. Will my other fish leave them alone, do you think?

Indianasfishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Kitley said:
yes,,,planning to get that. Will my other fish leave them alone, do you think?
Once it's in the tank it's pretty much fair game lol no real way of controlling who eats what

sarah224

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Indianasfishkeeper said:
I go to the reef at keystone and 56th street

Ha! I go to The Reef, too :) Their posts on Facebook were so awesome I was like sold! I got most of my fish there, and some frozen blood worms. I accidentally got baby brine shrimp instead of regular, but I’ve read they’re more nutritious because of the yolk, so whatever. I found some San Francisco Bay frozen Emerald Entree at the Petsmart near me, and my fish like it. It’s got mysis shrimp in it and I guess those are more nutritious than brine shrimp. I’ve seen brine shrimp called “popcorn” a lot. So, I guess they’re like fish junk food. I take some tank water out with a small glass, put whatever frozen food I’m going to feed in it, and then drop it in with a pipette/turkey basted/syringe. Or sometimes I just dump in the whole glass of bbs and watch the free-for-all.
[/QUOTE]

Indianasfishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The reef is awsome I've gotten 95 percent of my supplies,plants,fish,and driftwood from there !

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mine get fed Bug bites granule food and they just love it.

IMG_20200117_145228_2 (2).jpg

Indianasfishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom