Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas - Page 8

Fae

philam would you consider shipping to Canada? I live on Vancouver Island, BC, and I would pay for the quickest shipping available from any service lol

I'd really like a couple females to make a mini sorority, if you still have them. There's no Bettas in my city

AquaCaitlin

Just released my adorable little male into his 5 gallon! He’s doing great, flaring at his reflection and investigating everything- the sponge filter, the oak leaves, anubias. He’s so curious.

11550FC0-A4CC-4EB0-974F-FAE3A4798579.jpeg
C19CCF74-E6AF-4A4F-81E9-C9577036E10A.jpeg Getting ready to put the female into her aquarium now!

AquaCaitlin

Female was added!

A2A06428-D0E3-405F-9EAA-029A04580CCF.jpeg
0AEA826B-36E1-4CE2-B2AF-7D58EF79B049.jpeg
she is also exploring and looking great! Can’t wait for the both of them to start marbling and growing. Just fed some white worms.

philam

philam would you consider shipping to Canada? I live on Vancouver Island, BC, and I would pay for the quickest shipping available from any service lol

I'd really like a couple females to make a mini sorority, if you still have them. There's no Bettas in my city
Thank you for the interest but I haven’t shipped live fishy to Canada before and I don’t think it’s a good idea to ship any live animals outside of USA at least at this time because of the corona. I’m sorry

philam

Just released my adorable little male into his 5 gallon! He’s doing great, flaring at his reflection and investigating everything- the sponge filter, the oak leaves, anubias. He’s so curious.
View attachment 696179View attachment 696181 Getting ready to put the female into her aquarium now!
I’m happy that you got them! The male is so pretty. He definitely have marbled since the last I saw him! He’s only going to get prettier and I’d feel dumb for letting him go Haha!

And watch out for the female because she’s going to turn into white very soon and start getting her patterns!

kymob

My new Betta I just got today Adjusting to new home perfectly, And check out the lips on my 2nd betta. You have to look closely at the lips.

Attachments

• 0514201619j~2.jpg
    0514201619j~2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 0514201620h.jpg
    0514201620h.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 0514201330j~3.jpg
    0514201330j~3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 67

philam

that male is so pretty! He doesn’t even look the same as the last time I saw him. And the other fishy will marble before you even know it. Your male will build a nest in his tank after he’s comfortable in there. Make sure you let him flare too so his fins are going to get bigger because he’s still growing. I love him!

My new Betta I just got today Adjusting to new home perfectly, And check out the lips on my 2nd betta. You have to look closely at the lips.

kymob

Does flaring make his fins grow bigger?

Fae

Thank you for the interest but I haven’t shipped live fishy to Canada before and I don’t think it’s a good idea to ship any live animals outside of USA at least at this time because of the corona. I’m sorry

That's okay I understand, there can be big delays at the border right now

philam

Does flaring make his fins grow bigger?
Yes. That’s how people in Asia do with their juveniles. They call it “grooming”

they isolate the male, they add salt and tannins into it’s jar or tank and they let it flare for 2x a day And train it to be mean. It helps with the development of its fins and color and aggressiveness. You’ll notice in my jars that all of the jarred males have nest And that’s because I am grooming my males. Just a tip that I’m passing along to those who are planning on breeding their fishes.

CoryBoi

My fish just got here! The moment usps left I grabbed the box. For a minute I thought the one I paid for was dead, but it was just a piece of an Indian almond leaf. lol! They are both swimming around just fine and the freebie is completely white so it’s be fun watching him color out.
I haven’t got a good look at the one I paid for yet though. I’ll update with pics but n about 20 minutes.
B9D37FC1-A40D-442A-BF04-0F0965903023.jpeg

philam

My fish just got here! The moment usps left I grabbed the box. For a minute I thought the one I paid for was dead, but it was just a piece of an Indian almond leaf. lol! They are both swimming around just fine and the freebie is completely white so it’s be fun watching him color out.
I haven’t got a good look at the one I paid for yet though. I’ll update with pics but n about 20 minutes.View attachment 696433
Thank goodness that they’re alive!!! Your fishes were the ones that I was worried the most but now I can have a good weekend Monday-Friday is a long journey for the fishes and they are definitely hungry!

guys don’t freak out that the water looks dirty because it is not. I tint the water with IAL extract to help them relax and keep calm during the shipping.

e_watson09

I haven’t got a good look at the one I paid for yet though. I’ll update with pics but n about 20 minutes.View attachment 696433

Can't wait to see them in their tanks!

I also can't wait to see more photos of these guys! The temptation is real!

SavTheArtist

Hey philam just thought I'd say that things are going well with my tank upgrade! I'm still not sure if my parents will let me buy a girl from you, as my mom wants a rescue betta if anything, but I'm trying to convince

CoryBoi

Thank goodness that they’re alive!!! Your fishes were the ones that I was worried the most but now I can have a good weekend Monday-Friday is a long journey for the fishes and they are definitely hungry!

guys don’t freak out that the water looks dirty because it is not. I tint the water with IAL extract to help them relax and keep calm during the shipping.
They sure love those tannins in the water because the freebie was blowing bubble nests while acclimating!
They are now in their tanks, and they are stunning!
the freebie was constantly flaring at the other fish while acclimating so I took them all out and added them to a different tank.
So the freebie has a whole 10 gallon to himself (there is a tiny endler fry that I didn’t catch though) and the other one has a beautiful 5 gallon.

Sorry I guess I didn’t hit the post button, lol!

1862BCA5-0FCF-45F5-A55C-9841F0C74CC5.jpeg
0FA4A873-D889-4D1A-BDF4-E7CB450C411A.jpeg
54112900-594A-4F50-82C2-662ECA7D4259.jpeg
1C290D7F-6B45-43E1-89C3-C807EF237E41.jpeg
3DB0431F-3BEB-494D-A735-89C55FB1D284.jpeg
1F5B8C63-A6F0-443F-9A37-90F06DF09E51.jpeg
C84AFB47-73D0-4913-9B89-9B765BC67A67.jpeg
56C35871-EC21-4B23-A7C2-1FBAF0A59A1C.jpeg

CoryBoi

Note to self:
Mr. squigglesworth likes to be pet, but freebie does not.

they have both been eating like crazy!
philam how many of those small size pellets (the ones you linked me) is too much?
Because mr. squigglesworth had eaten like 15, lol! But I know they had to be Hungry so if he kept eating I kept feeding, but I think I should stop now.

These 2 have completely different personlities. Mr. squigglesworth is like a curious little puppy, very affectionate and loving. And freebie just kinda floats around the back parts of the tank angrily.

philam

Note to self:
Mr. squigglesworth likes to be pet, but freebie does not.

they have both been eating like crazy!
philam how many of those small size pellets (the ones you linked me) is too much?
Because mr. squigglesworth had eaten like 15, lol! But I know they had to be Hungry so if he kept eating I kept feeding, but I think I should stop now.

These 2 have completely different personlities. Mr. squigglesworth is like a curious little puppy, very affectionate and loving. And freebie just kinda floats around the back parts of the tank angrily.
They are so pretty. BTW the freebie is a male!! He’ll marble into white and will start getting his own pattern. Id say keep feeding until their belly is round. I told you that they are hungry because they haven’t been feed for almost a week. Make sure you let them flare with a mirror or with other bettas after they eat.

Hey philam just thought I'd say that things are going well with my tank upgrade! I'm still not sure if my parents will let me buy a girl from you, as my mom wants a rescue betta if anything, but I'm trying to convince
That’s good to hear that things are doing good in your tank! Rescuing betta is always a good deed! If you could convince her otherwise, you’re more than welcome to pick your fish

CoryBoi

They are so pretty. BTW the freebie is a male!! He’ll marble into white and will start getting his own pattern. Id say keep feeding until their belly is round. I told you that they are hungry because they haven’t been feed for almost a week. Make sure you let them flare with a mirror or with other bettas after they eat.

That’s good to hear that things are doing good in your tank! Rescuing betta is always a good deed! If you could convince her otherwise, you’re more than welcome to pick your fish
Yes, i know and i thought that’s what i typed. And i knew they were Hungry, so I didn’t think it would hurt if I let them stuff them selves. I tried showing them a picture of a betta and put my camera on selfie mode so they could see themselves, but they didn’t flare.

philam

Guys I can’t help but notice this handsome male that’s still marbling and has a show fins. I love his form! I can’t wait to see his final patterns after he will turn cellophane. He has a promising form

check him out in 720p

philam

Another male that’s going to be a Nemo galaxy candidate!

he has a Nemo dorsal which is cute and the other fins are like his moms fins except no red. He’s still marbling but I really like his patterns! He’s available very spanky and active!

edit: I lied! His fins are really like the mother with red and with Nemo galaxy body!

Check him out

philam

Another male betta I took a video of today! I think he’ll be a red galaxy male. I haven’t seen an orange or a Nemo pattern on him. Mostly red like a red galaxy and he isn’t so behave. He’s mad fishy haha

And no Danny002 this isn’t yours haha he may be a twin of yours

e_watson09

Another male that’s going to be a Nemo galaxy candidate!

he has a Nemo dorsal which is cute and the other fins are like his moms fins except no red. He’s still marbling but I really like his patterns! He’s available very spanky and active!

edit: I lied! His fins are really like the mother with red and with Nemo galaxy body!

Check him out

Oh my goodness *chants to self* I do not need another betta, I do not need another betta

I am udderly OBSESSED with this boy!

philam

Oh my goodness *chants to self* I do not need another betta, I do not need another betta

I am udderly OBSESSED with this boy!
Just hang on! I have one more male that’s a Nemo galaxy that I’m waiting to get done uploading so I could post it here! He’s a cutie too!

e_watson09

Just hang on! I have one more male that’s a Nemo galaxy that I’m waiting to get done uploading so I could post it here! He’s a cutie too!

I feel attackedead: Although we just started work turning my garage into a fish room......maybe I can accidentally slip more tanks in and he just won't notice LOL

BRING ON THE VIDEOSSSSS

philam

Another male Nemo galaxy candidate! they all are going to be 10 weeks old tomorrow or 2.5 months old. They’re not done marbling yet and they’re are still getting more colors everyday! (The most fun part of this whole spawn process)

He’s a cool dude

e_watson09

So hypothetically speaking of coarse, are these boys you just posted looking for homes or are these ones you're holding back?

philam

So hypothetically speaking of coarse, are these boys you just posted looking for homes or are these ones you're holding back?
They’re available if anybody wants them! I’ll also let anybody know if they’re taken.

Pandurs

Gosh these babies are just gorgeous <3

Depending on my current situation I may be hitting you up in the future for a baby if you still have them available at that time.

Alliebaaba

I'm just curious and I know that they are still coloring up, but will any of them have a dark coloring or pattern with galaxy? I am actually about to give one of my betta's to a friend who has been in love with him and I'll have a ready tank for another baby in my home. I just find for some reason I really love darker variations. This is one of my favorite guys. I have two females and three males so I must be loosing my mind wanting another one.

Alliebaaba

I'm just curious and I know that they are still coloring up, but will any of them have a dark coloring or pattern with galaxy? I am actually about to give one of my betta's to a friend who has been in love with him and I'll have a ready tank for another baby in my home. I just find for some reason I really love darker variations. This is one of my favorite guys. I have two females and three males so I must be loosing my mind wanting another one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200506_122852.jpg
    IMG_20200506_122852.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200510_230553.jpg
    IMG_20200510_230553.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200506_095600.jpg
    IMG_20200506_095600.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 69

Scada

I went down a rabbit hole and read this entire thread. That's so amazing! I can only imagine what your house looks like with a bunch of little tanks! I started imagining getting a few from you and looked up larger tanks and then down the rabbit hole of sororities and tank mates! Maybe I'll be ready someday once I figure out my daughter's fish XD

Alliebaaba

I went down a rabbit hole and read this entire thread. That's so amazing! I can only imagine what your house looks like with a bunch of little tanks! I started imagining getting a few from you and looked up larger tanks and then down the rabbit hole of sororities and tank mates! Maybe I'll be ready someday once I figure out my daughter's fish XD
I've always had luck with putting females in community tanks! My cherry Barb's always put her in her place when she gets too territorial. I also have Cory catfish and neon tetras! My two year old loves watching them all and Cupcake (female betta) is always the star of the show! I hope you find something that you like and don't be afraid to try it! Do have a backup plan though but and I pray y'all get many years of enjoyment and happiness!

Scada

I've always had luck with putting females in community tanks! My cherry Barb's always put her in her place when she gets too territorial. I also have Cory catfish and neon tetras! My two year old loves watching them all and Cupcake (female betta) is always the star of the show! I hope you find something that you like and don't be afraid to try it! Do have a backup plan though but and I pray y'all get many years of enjoyment and happiness!
Thank you! What do you do when you go out of town for a week or more? For the lone betta I've read that it's better to not feed them than to get a friend to come feed.. But if you have a community tank would the bettas start attacking each other or the other fish because they're hungry?

Alliebaaba

Thank you! What do you do when you go out of town for a week or more? For the lone betta I've read that it's better to not feed them than to get a friend to come feed.. But if you have a community tank would the bettas start attacking each other or the other fish because they're hungry?
The Cory's I would drop an algae wafer in before I leave. The betta I would feed well before I leave but I would call a friend I trust to feed them if I'm gone longer than a week.but I typically am not gone long and won't leave for two weeks if I can help it due to the fact of then the issue comes of water changes. But this is also what works for me and may not work for everyone.

philam

He’s the only one that is going to have a dark body UNLESS in the future he decides to cover his body with some galaxy spots. Who knows really but he’ll be the closest male that I could give to you based on what you’re after.

Gosh these babies are just gorgeous <3

Depending on my current situation I may be hitting you up in the future for a baby if you still have them available at that time.
Of course! I’ll gladly let you know if I do still have some.
This thread is a rabbit hole alright. I’d feel sorry for the ones that just started following because this long and big haha but yes luckily I don’t have to jar the females separately and they all are living together with it’s siblings in the grow out tank.

Alliebaaba

Oh my goodness!!! He is gorgeous! Hopefully I can let you know when they are coming to get one of mine so I can make room and order him!

philam

Oh my goodness!!! He is gorgeous! Hopefully I can let you know when they are coming to get one of mine so I can make room and order him!
I know he is! I’m also giving out a freebie, I’d imagine you don’t have a room for that?

Alliebaaba

I know he is! I’m also giving out a freebie, I’d imagine you don’t have a room for that?
I do! Actually as long a it is a female! But I do have a friend that if they decide they want one I will get a boy and pay for the shipping to them. If you are okay with that!

Alliebaaba

I do! Actually as long a it is a female! But I do have a friend that if they decide they want one I will get a boy and pay for the shipping to them. If you are okay with that!
Are the ones you have on YouTube the only boys left? I'm thinking of sending them a photo to get them more interested

philam

Are the ones you have on YouTube the only boys left? I'm thinking of sending them a photo to get them more interested
I have some more boys but they are still marbling and getting their colors ( cellophane or white) if your friend wants one that’s still marbling, I will pick a male for her/him. I also have some males that are based blue but is in the process of turning cellophane and is currently faded blue or light blue.

and yes I can ship the freebie to your friend as long as they’re in the USA. That’s not a problem

Alliebaaba

I have some more boys but they are still marbling and getting their colors ( cellophane or white) if your friend wants one that’s still marbling, I will pick a male for her/him. I also have some males that are based blue but is in the process of turning cellophane and is currently faded blue or light blue.

and yes I can ship the freebie to your friend as long as they’re in the USA. That’s not a problem
Sounds good! Hopefully I can let you know in the next couple of days! Wost come to best I'll take both! I can't wait! I've got back up tanks that are 1 to 2 gallons that will work temporarily till I get a new tank set up for them! Thank you!

Alliebaaba

I
Sounds good! Hopefully I can let you know in the next couple of days! Wost come to best I'll take both! I can't wait! I've got back up tanks that are 1 to 2 gallons that will work temporarily till I get a new tank set up for them! Thank you!
Just got so excited, that I looked at getting a 14 gallon tank and would you believe after all of my rewards it will only cost $12 and it is a rimless cube?! I'll be going to pick that up today or tomorrow! Whoop whoop! I may just take them both then! I'm a little stingy not wanting to give up my babies. He would go with some neon tetras, a snail, and maybe a few cherry shrimp! He will be one happy dude in my home! I also have freeze dried blood worms, krill, tube worms, hakari betta gold food, and bug bites. Do you think he will be spoiled?

philam

I

Just got so excited, that I looked at getting a 14 gallon tank and would you believe after all of my rewards it will only cost $12 and it is a rimless cube?! I'll be going to pick that up today or tomorrow! Whoop whoop! I may just take them both then! I'm a little stingy not wanting to give up my babies. He would go with some neon tetras, a snail, and maybe a few cherry shrimp! He will be one happy dude in my home! I also have freeze dried blood worms, krill, tube worms, hakari betta gold food, and bug bites. Do you think he will be spoiled?
Yes he’ll love those food although I haven’t fed them with dried food before. I’m sure they’ll take it if you’ll introduce it to them. Variety of diet is healthy for the fish.

Alliebaaba

Yes he’ll love those food although I haven’t fed them with dried food before. I’m sure they’ll take it if you’ll introduce it to them. Variety of diet is healthy for the fish.
Yay! I'm so glad!

philam

Bitter and sweet moments Please travel safely my Baby bettas ;(

please look out for them soon to be new parents of my babies. I know that they’re going into a good home!

95CE7204-5123-4C59-8744-9254741B6D4C.jpeg

PNWBettas

Bitter and sweet moments Please travel safely my Baby bettas ;(

please look out for them soon to be new parents of my babies. I know that they’re going into a good home!
View attachment 697596
I’m so excited!!!! I’ll keep checking the tracking number and post photos as soon as they arrive

PNWBettas

I

WOW teach me your ways of getting a rimless tank for $12!! That's amazing!

Alliebaaba

WOW teach me your ways of getting a rimless tank for $12!! That's amazing!
Hahahaha you don't want it...I ended up spending over 800 in Petco for dog, cat, and fish supplies. Every hundred you spend there they give you a $5 reward that can be used on anything within a certain amount of time

My animals are very spoiled....

SouthAmericanCichlids

Are you still selling these guys. If so how much are they?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
philam
Want To Sell USA Bred Betta Fish
Replies
Views
philam
Replies
Views
PNWBettas
Replies
Views
AquaCaitlin
Replies
Views
Katie13

Did You Know...

For those of us with MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) we need to be careful and not cross-contaminate our other tanks. Tanks and Plants wrote an article on:
Simple way to prevent cross contamination in your tanks

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom