Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas - Page 9

PNWBettas

Hahahaha you don't want it...I ended up spending over 800 in Petco for dog, cat, and fish supplies. Every hundred you spend there they give you a $5 reward that can be used on anything within a certain amount of time
Oh wow. Guess you have to spend money to save money haha.

Alliebaaba

Oh wow. Guess you have to spend money to save money haha.
Yea you do.. this was also before I learned that petco will price match. So if chewy, Amazon, or PetSmart have it cheeper then they will match it.

FishGirl115

Are you still selling these guys. If so how much are they?
$10 for fish but she'll give a freebie if you have room. And then shipping

SouthAmericanCichlids

$10 for fish but she'll give a freebie if you have room. And then shipping

What does if you have room mean.

PNWBettas

What does if you have room mean.
If you have another tank. Or a big enough tank to put in a tank divider. Since betta cant be together unless in a sorority setting

SouthAmericanCichlids

How much is shipping again? (Mid-west region)

PNWBettas

How much is shipping again? (Mid-west region)
You will have to PM philam. It depends on your zip code and you defiantly shouldn't post that publicly. You can get an actual shipping price that way as well. But for a general idea, priority mail is around $15, but not everyone can use it due to distance and delays. I had to use priority mail express since im all the way on the west coast and it was over $40

SouthAmericanCichlids

I wasn't going to put my address. I was thinking about putting my state and I didn't even do that.

PNWBettas

I wasn't going to put my address. I was thinking about putting my state and I didn't even do that.
There still no real way of knowing without zip codes. That's what the shipping sights ask for when getting cost estimates. If you send a PM to philam they can get you what the exact cost would be for you.

Alliebaaba

It's okay, we were just trying to warn you. No harm, no foul.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Oh, sorry I didn't mean to sound angry. I apologize.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Do you guys know if shipping is free if it goes to a lf. Or does she just sell fish to individuals?

Alliebaaba

Do you guys know if shipping is free if it goes to a lf. Or does she just sell fish to individuals?
Just to individuals I believe. She just wants them to go to good homes. So the biggest cost is the shipping.

philam

I’m still selling them and yes I can sell it to lfs but definitely will not going to ship it for free.

I’m so excited!!!! I’ll keep checking the tracking number and post photos as soon as they arrive
Please do and The latest it will get to you will be on Wednesday!

philam

I meant to give a 10 weeks update of this spawn yesterday but it didn’t go through! Here it is !

e_watson09

I meant to give a 10 weeks update of this spawn yesterday but it didn’t go through! Here it is !

Wow some of those females! Gorgeous!! Can't wait for the next update!

philam

Wow some of those females! Gorgeous!! Can't wait for the next update!
Thank you! The next update will be next week! Stay tune for that haha

PNWBettas

oooooo my box is out for delivery!!! Photos coming soon guys! (I got 4 little guys to show yall)

e_watson09

Thank you! The next update will be next week! Stay tune for that haha

Ooo I did have a question! At this point do you still have (including the ones sold) over 450 or did any not make it?

philam

Ooo I did have a question! At this point do you still have (including the ones sold) over 450 or did any not make it?
Yes I do. The fatalities were probably less than 10 and that was when they were less than 2 weeks old. After 2 weeks, non of the babies died beside I culled 3 that had deformities and that’s it. And when I moved them into the grow out tank, I counted them and after I counted 458, they were more and they were hard to catch so I ended up dumping the rest into the grow out tank. I didn’t want to stress them. I could have 500 baby bettas.

e_watson09

Yes I do. The fatalities were probably less than 10 and that was when they were less than 2 weeks old. After 2 weeks, non of the babies died beside I culled 3 that had deformities and that’s it. And when I moved them into the grow out tank, I counted them and after I counted 458, they were more and they were hard to catch so I ended up dumping the rest into the grow out tank. I didn’t want to stress them. I could have 500 baby bettas.

Wow!! And they're all from one spawn right? I think this may be the coolest thread ever!

philam

Wow!! And they're all from one spawn right? I think this may be the coolest thread ever!
Yes just from one pair. They also have spawned for 6 hours I should have intervened but I didn’t want to take any chance of discouraging the male and eat the eggs.

PNWBettas

oooooo my box is out for delivery!!! Photos coming soon guys! (I got 4 little guys to show yall)

Babies arrived!!!

All alive, no issues. Some are already flaring at their own reflection in the glass.

Attachments

• IMG_2969.JPG
    IMG_2969.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2971.JPG
    IMG_2971.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2965.JPG
    IMG_2965.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 75

philam

Babies arrived!!!

All alive, no issues. Some are already flaring at their own reflection in the glass.
Yay!! I’m glad that you’re happy with them! They are in good hands!

NBettas83

Grrr... I haven't been getting alert for this thread!

The babies are so cute though! Wish I had a tank ready.

philam

Grrr... I haven't been getting alert for this thread!

The babies are so cute though! Wish I had a tank ready.
When are you going to get it ready??!!! What are you waiting for??! Haha

Danny002

My little dude just got here! He was a little stunned when he came out of the bag but he's floating now and he sure is excited to get out and check out the tank. He's about an inch and a half long, so definitely pretty small. Here's a couple half decent pictures, they're not great but I didn't want to keep sticking a camera in his face. I would definitely recommend anyone to buy from this spawn if you're looking for a betta!

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

philam

My little dude just got here! He was a little stunned when he came out of the bag but he's floating now and he sure is excited to get out and check out the tank. He's about an inch and a half long, so definitely pretty small. Here's a couple half decent pictures, they're not great but I didn't want to keep sticking a camera in his face. I would definitely recommend anyone to buy from this spawn if you're looking for a betta!
View attachment 698719
View attachment 698720
Thank goodness that he made it to his new home. Remember that he’s only 10 weeks old and bettas get to their adult size in 7 months old. You’ll get the privilege to see him grow in your tank and color up more. Make sure you feed him with high quality food for 3-4 times a day until he’s 4 months old and you can scale down the feeding then. Make sure to make him flare after he’s full. He is a feisty male betta.

Danny002

Thank goodness that he made it to his new home. Remember that he’s only 10 weeks old and bettas get to their adult size in 7 months old. You’ll get the privilege to see him grow in your tank and color up more. Make sure you feed him with high quality food for 3-4 times a day until he’s 4 months old and you can scale down the feeding then. Make sure to make him flare after he’s full. He is a feisty male betta.
Will do! He's already had a couple of bloodworms. I'll see if he wants some more in a few hours.

Alliebaaba

View attachment 698719
View attachment 698720
Such a Handsome little fellow! He definitely looks like he is trying to check things out!

Danny002

Such a Handsome little fellow! He definitely looks like he is trying to check things out!
He hasn't stopped investigating since I let him out! I think he enjoys having a nice big space to himself

Alliebaaba

He hasn't stopped investigating since I let him out! I think he enjoys having a nice big space to himself
I am sure! He will be a great boy for you! And now you get such a wonderful privilege to see him grow!

philam

Will do! He's already had a couple of bloodworms. I'll see if he wants some more in a few hours.
He is definitely hungry from the shipping and I have stopped feeding him on Sunday. Also thank you for the positive feedback!

philam

I just wanted to share this.

the one to the right was the first time I have ever held them and that was taken back in March 18 of this year and the one to the left was taken today. It’s just amazing how fast they have grown on me

F123F275-A2DC-47F9-874F-F273A33BBEB8.jpeg
In case anybody wonder how much poop I take out everyday in my grow out tank from hundreds of bettas

Attachments

• 0E8B0A6A-D91C-4A80-9FE7-7E16D91412C8.jpeg
    0E8B0A6A-D91C-4A80-9FE7-7E16D91412C8.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 67

NBettas83

For some reason I like to hold Bettas. Don't worry, I only do it when I need to take them out (like for salt baths). I think it is easier than using a net to carry them. Maybe that's just me being weird or maybe it makes them seem like dogs. Idk.

You Bettas are so cute!

philam

For some reason I like to hold Bettas. Don't worry, I only do it when I need to take them out (like for salt baths). I think it is easier than using a net to carry them. Maybe that's just me being weird or maybe it makes them seem like dogs. Idk.

You Bettas are so cute!
Thanks! I don’t like to hold the betta unless it’s in their water. It makes them nervous and they gasps for air. I use a scoop that doesn’t drain the water to carry to jar the males or to move any bettas. They barely even notice that they’re out of their tank with the scoop that I have haha and it also doesn’t rip their fins.

Pythia

Grr...why do I keep stop getting notifications for this thread?

NBettas83

Thanks! I don’t like to hold the betta unless it’s in their water. It makes them nervous and they gasps for air. I use a scoop that doesn’t drain the water to carry to jar the males or to move any bettas. They barely even notice that they’re out of their tank with the scoop that I have haha and it also doesn’t rip their fins.
Yeah, I can't catch mine in his tank without a net though. Then I use my hands to move him. Mainly because it won't rip his fins (if I'm careful) and it is more maneuverable. Bettas can breathe atmospheric air, so I wouldn't worry if they are out of the water for a few seconds.

RikkiTikkii

why am i not getting pingsssssss
anyway all the pictures!!! theyre all so cute :')

philam

Okay guys!! Weekend update! They’re in their 11 weeks! I didn’t record the grow out tank because there’s nothing really new except I took some more males to jar haha. So these are my males that I have jarred. They are all available so if you want to snag one of these boys, take a screen shot or whatever and send me a message and I’ll let you know if they’re available or not and as always first come first serve. I’m still giving a freebie if you wish so. Enjoy the video! Happy Memorial Day and stay safe out there!

PNWBettas

Update on my boys! All are growing fast and developing more color. I made a few changes to the tank and have some new driftwood soaking for them now. They have been glass surfing a lot, I think they are just getting used to their new home. Has anyone else had any issues with this? They still have a massive appetite so I'm not too worried.

Names in order of the photos are Zuko, Yoda, Poe and Finn. (yes they are from Avatar and Star Wars)

IMG_3012.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG
IMG_3003.JPG
IMG_3007.JPG

Pandurs

Okay guys!! Weekend update! They’re in their 11 weeks! I didn’t record the grow out tank because there’s nothing really new except I took some more males to jar haha. So these are my males that I have jarred. They are all available so if you want to snag one of these boys, take a screen shot or whatever and send me a message and I’ll let you know if they’re available or not and as always first come first serve. I’m still giving a freebie if you wish so. Enjoy the video! Happy Memorial Day and stay safe out there!

Apologies if I'm doing this wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to dm you.

I am very much interested in this gorgeous boy on the left, if he's not taken yet.

Screenshot_20200524-191107_Chrome.jpg

AquaCaitlin

Apologies if I'm doing this wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to dm you.

I am very much interested in this gorgeous boy on the left, if he's not taken yet.
View attachment 699528
You can’t DM until you’ve posted 50+ times

AquaCaitlin

Thought I would update on my two little ones as well— they’re starting to marble and have been growing nicely.
The male was having a flare party for the camera

25F85C2E-687B-4A47-B2A5-F17A4CC0EA08.jpeg
7FB6BA4B-EAAF-4190-9813-1CDF927643AD.jpeg
53FAE66B-220B-412A-A985-6BC9B91FACEE.jpeg

Still haven’t named them- any suggestions??

Pandurs

Update on my boys! All are growing fast and developing more color. I made a few changes to the tank and have some new driftwood soaking for them now. They have been glass surfing a lot, I think they are just getting used to their new home. Has anyone else had any issues with this? They still have a massive appetite so I'm not too worried.

Names in order of the photos are Zuko, Yoda, Poe and Finn. (yes they are from Avatar and Star Wars)

View attachment 699524View attachment 699525View attachment 699527View attachment 699526
Zuko is an honorable name. Uncle Iroh would be proud <3

PNWBettas

Zuko is an honorable name. Uncle Iroh would be proud <3
Clearly I need more tanks and betta so I can name more of them after avatar characters

philam

View attachment 699524View attachment 699525View attachment 699527View attachment 699526
Omg they are so pretty! Notice your white marble male the last one is gaining some red colors?!! He might be a red galaxy like his mom! Omg! You’ll definitely see him develop with your own eyes! It’s a surprise!!! I love them and they are in good hands!! Thank you!

philam

Thought I would update on my two little ones as well— they’re starting to marble and have been growing nicely.
The male was having a flare party for the camera
View attachment 699534View attachment 699536View attachment 699535

Still haven’t named them- any suggestions??
Your male is so gorgeous! He had gained more colors since the last time I saw him! He is definitely a feisty male! I still remember how aggressive he is like his dad and he’s getting more orange In his body like his dad! And your female is still a waiting game! Hopefully she’ll be a Nemo galaxy female!

philam

View attachment 699528
Like what they said, you need at least 50 post to DM somebody and he’s already taken I’m sorry! But I do have a male like him or the male on the right! Just so you know that he’ll marble and he won’t stay like that like FreshwaterHG male! Or AquaCaitlin female!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
philam
Want To Sell USA Bred Betta Fish
Replies
Views
philam
Replies
Views
PNWBettas
Replies
Views
AquaCaitlin
Replies
Views
Katie13

Did You Know...

The article section is comprised of articles written by your fellow FishLore members on a range of aquarium topics. Check them out below:
Aquarium Articles

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom