Outrageous!! Betta breeding with over 458 baby bettas - Page 10

Pandurs

Like what they said, you need at least 50 post to DM somebody and he’s already taken I’m sorry! But I do have a male like him or the male on the right!
Understood, and I would love the boy on the right if no one has claimed him yet please <3

FishGirl115

Okay guys!! Weekend update! They’re in their 11 weeks! I didn’t record the grow out tank because there’s nothing really new except I took some more males to jar haha. So these are my males that I have jarred. They are all available so if you want to snag one of these boys, take a screen shot or whatever and send me a message and I’ll let you know if they’re available or not and as always first come first serve. I’m still giving a freebie if you wish so. Enjoy the video! Happy Memorial Day and stay safe out there!

Are those males in containers together? Is that safe? I don't mean to criticize, just didn't know you could do that

philam

Understood, and I would love the boy on the right if no one has claimed him yet please <3
Yes I can mark him with your username for you! whenever you have 50 post, we can private message. You need 20 more posts!

Are those males in containers together? Is that safe? I don't mean to criticize, just didn't know you could do that
no. you can’t keep male bettas together that had been separated from the grow out tank.

Pandurs

Yes I can mark him with your username for you! whenever you have 50 post, we can private message. You need 20 more posts!
Thank you so much! The moment I do, I'll be pming you <3

FishGirl115

no. you can’t keep male bettas together that had been separated from the grow out tank.
Alright. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up!

FishGirl115

The purple/blueish ones, what color do you think they will be?

flyinGourami

I know this is already answered, but no. I personally do believe that you can keep males together, but not one on one and definitely not in an environment that small.

philam the babies are beautiful! Haven't been watching this thread for thaaaat long but they've definitely grown

philam

The purple/blueish ones, what color do you think they will be?
It’s hard to tell since they’re still relatively young. either They’ll marble and be like its parents or Stay like that.
I know this is already answered, but no. I personally do believe that you can keep males together, but not one on one and definitely not in an environment that small.

philam the babies are beautiful! Haven't been watching this thread for thaaaat long but they've definitely grown
im sure you can keep two males together in the same big but they’ll fight at some point and one is going to be scared of the other one and the next time they see each other, the other one would just avoid the dominant male But i Would definitely not going to do that personally. But thanks for the compliment! I love these babies!

flyinGourami

It’s hard to tell since they’re still relatively young. either They’ll marble and be like its parents or Stay like that.

im sure you can keep two males together in the same big but they’ll fight at some point and one is going to be scared of the other one and the next time they see each other, the other one would just avoid the dominant male But i Would definitely not going to do that personally. But thanks for the compliment! I love these babies!
I agree. I think it depends, I heard of someones male bettas always getting past the divider but "getting along". However most of the time, from my understanding it is not gonna work, after all they are fighting fish. I think you can keep male and female sororities together though, just have to have the right environment and ratio etc.

Aah they are so cute! Lol.

philam

I agree. I think it depends, I heard of someones male bettas always getting past the divider but "getting along". However most of the time, from my understanding it is not gonna work, after all they are fighting fish. I think you can keep male and female sororities together though, just have to have the right environment and ratio etc.

Aah they are so cute! Lol.
definitely not going to get along especially they have The plakat In their gene and young bettas are very aggressive.

Yes you can put male and female together in a big tank with other fishes especially the older ones. They don’t really bother to attempt to spawn in a big Tank especially when they’re old.

flyinGourami

definitely not going to get along especially they have The plakat In their gene and young bettas are very aggressive.

Yes you can put male and female together in a big tank with other fishes especially the older ones. They don’t really bother to attempt to spawn in a big Tank especially when they’re old.
Yeah. I realized how i sounded in the other post. I meant you shouldn't keep two male betta splendens together.
I saw a youtube video where someone was keeping an adult sorority in a 40 breeder, it was really nicely planted and there were babies here and there.

PNWBettas

Here's a photo of my divided tank! It has 3/4 of my babies from philam

Let me know if anyone wants to know how I made the dividers. All three cost under $20 and are super secure. They are also opaque but allow for water flow (only using 1 heater but all sections are 80 degrees). Still using separate filtration though. Its an affordably option, can fit almost any tank, and means you can get more betta!

Attachments

• IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 95

FishGirl115

I made a divider for my aquarium with report cover clips ($1 from dollar store) and crafting/needlepoint mesh (Amazon for 89c)

PNWBettas

I made a divider for my aquarium with report cover clips ($1 from dollar store) and crafting/needlepoint mesh (Amazon for 89c)
That's pretty much what this is, but the problem I had was the betta could still see each other and would flare a lot, even though the mesh was doubled up. I got some filter pads from amazon and placed them between both of the mesh. That way the water flows through, but the betta cant see each other at all.

philam

Here's a photo of my divided tank! It has 3/4 of my babies from philam

Let me know if anyone wants to know how I made the dividers. All three cost under $20 and are super secure. They are also opaque but allow for water flow (only using 1 heater but all sections are 80 degrees). Still using separate filtration though. Its an affordably option, can fit almost any tank, and means you can get more betta!
I love you set up! I hope that jelly fish isn’t stinging the betta!

kymob

Getting more colors every day.

Attachments

• 0526201908a~2.jpg
    0526201908a~2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 0526201908e~2.jpg
    0526201908e~2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 69

kymob

I just but them both into their own 10gallon with a divider. The next morning they were together none side. Had no clue how that happened the divider was still in place? But they totally did to beat each other up. They swam around and tolerated each other. I could not believe it.

PNWBettas

I just but them both into their own 10gallon with a divider. The next morning they were together none side. Had no clue how that happened the divider was still in place? But they totally did to beat each other up. They swam around and tolerated each other. I could not believe it.
Wow thats lucky! If they manage to do that when they are older it might not have such a good outcome. Was there a lid on the tank? betta can jump

kymob

Wow thats lucky! If they manage to do that when they are older it might not have such a good outcome. Was there a lid on the tank? betta can jump
I was very lucky. No lid but getting one tomorrow. Kind of weird there is a guppies in the tank bc I could not get him out so I left him in there and they are not bothered by him. They do not flare at him at all

jake37

Male or female. What i have generally read is that they the males with the big fancy flags are what annoy the betta. Males with small fins and females are less likely to be problematic.

I was very lucky. No lid but getting one tomorrow. Kind of weird there is a guppies in the tank bc I could not get him out so I left him in there and they are not bothered by him. They do not flare at him at all

philam

Getting more colors every day.

I love your males! And also you got lucky that they never fought and tear each other’s fins. I see that your light blue male is getting his color!

kymob

I love your males! And also you got lucky that they never fought and tear each other’s fins. I see that your light blue male is getting his color!
I know he is changing dramatically. Were you able to find homes for all the fish yet?

Chippah

Very cool thread, love the purple ones!

BettaFett

Okay guys. Weekend update!
They are 8 Weeks old now. I’ve tried catching some of the cool ones but I couldn’t. They’re sleek they’re really getting big especially from the side view. I also think I need to start jarring some of the males so they can start developing their fins, color and grow faster. Females can stay together forever until they find their new homes. Check them out!

Wow! Those are some remarkable blues. I'm late to the party but I'm so following this now haha

philam

Wow! Those are some remarkable blues. I'm late to the party but I'm so following this now haha
Haha! You can never be too late at the party! They’re still relatively young at 12 weeks old! Welcome!

SouthAmericanCichlids

How many do you still have, jw.

philam

How many do you still have, jw.
I honestly don’t know. I don’t keep a track of how many of my fishes I’m sending out.

philam

Okay guys! I can’t help but notice this handsome little guys massive transformation

he is one of the very first batch of males that were jarred first and I think he is the only one left in that batch. it’s amazing how fast he had marbled considering how really young he is.

Check this video out of him that I took three weeks ago

And this is the video of him now

bumblinBee

Okay guys! I can’t help but notice this handsome little guys massive transformation

he is one of the very first batch of males that were jarred first and I think he is the only one left in that batch. it’s amazing how fast he had marbled considering how really young he is.

Gorgeous, absolutely stunning! :0

Alliebaaba

So handsome! He is a stunner already!

philam

So handsome! He is a stunner already!
Yes he is! Thank you!

More of my babies are going To their new home! About 60 of them I think. It definitely put a huge dent in my spawn but they’re going to a good home. Sad to see them go
5C87CAC3-8474-45E8-9707-8BF3284D5990.jpeg

Vaughn

Can’t wait for my new babies!

philam

Can’t wait for my new babies!
They’re definitely eager to go to their new home! Make sure you feed them ASAP!

Okay guys 13 weeks old update!!!
I wanted to post this yesterday but I was having a problem with YouTube I’ve been biased with male babies and I’ve showcased them more than my girls. But here are some of my single girls!! so proud of them and they’re really coloring up pretty nice with some promising colors! Perfect for sorority since they’re from the same spawn and same age! No aggression between the girls! I actually have no clue how nice they are until I put them in my showcase tank! I’m stunned by them!!

Edit: sorry for the bubbles! The water that I put in was new!

jake37

That red one looks really nice.

philam

That red one looks really nice.
Thank you. Wait until you see your girls! I put some nice red blue galaxy females for you like what you’ve asked! She’s just like the mother of this spawn

Ljrs83

More of my babies are going To their new home! About 60 of them I think. It definitely put a huge dent in my spawn but they’re going to a good home. Sad to see them go
OMG, I've always wanted HMPK! What are you asking for them?

philam

OMG, I've always wanted HMPK! What are you asking for them?
You need to have at least 50 posts before you can make any transactions and private message somebody. When you reached that, we can discuss it privately.

philam

Okay guys. These are my juvenile boys from my spawn! If anyone is interested in them, just let me know! They’re so full of energy and have so much personalities They’re still growing and getting more colors everyday and they’re not going to stay like how they are in that video just an FYI. I love them boys

PNWBettas

Update on my fishies! They are stunning, and finally let me take some decent photos.

Attachments

• 37673904-3B11-4B61-950F-492B0C2317E5.jpeg
    37673904-3B11-4B61-950F-492B0C2317E5.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 1CBAD2B9-C9AE-4437-9595-E35106193498.jpeg
    1CBAD2B9-C9AE-4437-9595-E35106193498.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 2EFBC01A-2944-4C3B-B234-BD84E69919D2.jpeg
    2EFBC01A-2944-4C3B-B234-BD84E69919D2.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 863E9843-8DB3-4A52-BDA7-098D9AA85B76.jpeg
    863E9843-8DB3-4A52-BDA7-098D9AA85B76.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 74

philam

Update on my fishies! They are stunning, and finally let me take some decent photos.
Wow!!! You got some stunners!!!! Your pick is really turning into a real dark Nemo multi color koi! I love him! And you also got some that’s marbling in you and looking like it’s going to be a Nemo galaxy! And your blue tail on the edges looks like a twin of kymob male!
I’m so proud of my babies! I think I did a great job of raising a large spawn and everybody is turning out to be a stunners! Definitely a good genetic makeup between the parents. By the way your Nemo koi male is like a carbon copy of the dad.

PNWBettas

Wow!!! You got some stunners!!!! Your pick is really turning into a real dark Nemo multi color koi! I love him! And you also got some that’s marbling in you and looking like it’s going to be a Nemo galaxy! And your blue tail on the edges looks like a twin of kymob male!
oh wow! I would love to see a photo of @kymob’s male. If one was posted I may have missed it, I keep not getting notifications for this thread. But yes they are all so pretty! You have a really stunning spawn here

philam

Mother of the spawn
6A2D351E-2B97-48AE-8616-D9F3B9738151.jpegfather of the spawn
D522F209-073B-4D1B-9E6E-646104FCE22F.jpeg

FreshwaterHG your Pick male is really turning into like his dad and looks like he’s going to be a carbon copy of him when he matures.

Gudgie

What gorgeous bettas! I wish I could get some females, but I don’t have a free tank and my community isn’t warm enough.
Probably for the best though - I would be getting a lot of dirty looks from my husband if I set up another tank

philam

oh wow! I would love to see a photo of @kymob’s male. If one was posted I may have missed it, I keep not getting notifications for this thread. But yes they are all so pretty! You have a really stunning spawn here
I was actually thinking about making a part 2 thread of this journal since everybody isn’t getting any notifications. Do you think I’m allowed to do that?

PNWBettas

FreshwaterHG your Pick male is really turning into like his dad and looks like he’s going to be a carbon copy of him when he matures.
Oh wow yeah he is! Thats really cool! I guess I have a stunning male if I ever was crazy enough to breed betta, dont think I am though haha.
I was actually thinking about making a part 2 thread of this journal since everybody isn’t getting any notifications. Do you think I’m allowed to do that?
You probably can, I don't see why not. You have kinda moved from the spawn and grow-out phase to shipping and updates on the babies.

kymob

Oh wow yeah he is! Thats really cool! I guess I have a stunning male if I ever was crazy enough to breed betta, dont think I am though haha.

You probably can, I don't see why not. You have kinda moved from the spawn and grow-out phase to shipping and updates on the babies.
These are my 2 guys.

Attachments

• 0602201802r~2.jpg
    0602201802r~2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 0602201802v~2.jpg
    0602201802v~2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 64

PNWBettas

These are my 2 guys.
Oh yeah! They do look alike. That's pretty cool. They both have massive eyes haha. Beautiful fish you got!

kymob

Oh yeah! They do look alike. That's pretty cool. They both have massive eyes haha. Beautiful fish you got!
you too

Im gonna try a sorority tank next monday getting 4 girls

philam

These are my 2 guys.
I swear that your males gets prettier as you do an update on them! They’re so cool!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
philam
Want To Sell USA Bred Betta Fish
Replies
Views
philam
Replies
Views
PNWBettas
Replies
Views
AquaCaitlin
Replies
Views
Katie13

Did You Know...

For those with significant others, a wise old fella once said it's ok to lose that receipt on the way home from the store... especially on those more expensive aquarium items! ;)

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom