October 2019 - Forum Upgrade Issues

• Admin

fishloreadmin

Fishlore
Reaction score
Hi Fishloreans - wow, that was a huge upgrade! Took literally all day today and I'm still rebuilding indexes and tweaking things... Gonna be a long night and weekend. :)

Please post any issues in this thread and I'll try and tackle them as soon as I can. Some things have changed a lot, but much has stayed the same.

Thanks for your patience!
Mike
[EDIT] - Added by ryanr

To all, if you need to report an issue, to help speed things up, please state how you're viewing the forum. E.g. are you using the app, or via browser on mobile device, and state the browser you're using,

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks good @Mike
Are we missing a few icons and minor bits?
I'm seeing lots of little squares on buttons (browser = Chrome)
Is it just the CDNs need to be updated? There's a lot of errors in the console logs...

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Im not lovin thus update. Dont get me wrong im very appreciative of the the hard work mike and the mods do but i honestly prefer the old layout.

Im not getting any icons or anything at all. I included a screen shot.

Attachments

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think it's like everything it takes time to get used to it, when I upgraded to windows 10 I hated it now I wouldn't go back, so I think it's only fair to give it time and play about with menus, it's so easy not to like new or change but these things need to happen mostly to keep up with times

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it's like everything it takes time to get used to it, when I upgraded to windows 10 I hated it now I wouldn't go back, so I think it's only fair to give it time and play about with menus, it's so easy not to like new or change but these things need to happen mostly to keep up with times
Could be that its just new. I might like it better when the icons work for me but everything is so black. Or us it just black for me?

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Probably like me you'll find theres buttons and menus you wont need and once you break that barrier things will become clearer as you'll just by pass them

Ravynn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Next to things like: report, like, quote, reply, and other links there are little squares but other than that things seem to be working. I'm on Google Chrome on a laptop.

Vallisneria

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FWIW, the light background is pure white on my screen making the forum unpleasant to read. The dark background the text has the same problem. The blue is the best of the three but still too bright especially in comparison with the other forums I frequent. Also text size is much larger than any other forum I visit. I'm on Safari on a desktop computer. Just my two cents, but thanks for all your work in offering this place to fish enthusiasts. I visit here frequently though mostly lurk.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Very happy we have dark mode now. I do prefer some things about the old Fishlore, the overall look of the older one is what drew me to this site rather than other aquarium forums. More unique and easy on the eye imo. I just need to get used to this I'm sure.

A bit bummed out we lost informative, useful etc. We only have four now, whereas I thought we could have used more. I'm liking most of it so far though. I appreciate the work that must have gone into this.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's OK...but as someone who suffers extreme migraines, the harshness is a bit heavy going, I'm sorry

If there would be a way to soften it like before with a non-white background with a less sharp type...that would be good please

Sorry :(

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
I really miss the new/recent post sidebar :(

I also miss being able to hover over the alerts and conversation buttons and get information.

usng Windows 10, firefox, laptop computer

Sadly this one now looks and acts much like all the other forums. I joined this one because it was unique and so easy to use, I am sure I will get used to it in time but sadly it has lost all that made it unique and simple to navigate. :(

I do appreciate all the hard work that went into making this switch but to be perfectly honest I wish it hadn't been done. I am sure others will feel different.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could be that its just new. I might like it better when the icons work for me but everything is so black. Or us it just black for me?
Hey smee82 all the way on the bottom of this page on the left side is a button to change from black to white to blue. All kind of bright but the blue does look a little like the old set up.

I’m on my apple ipad and the only icon to rate a thread I have is just the like button :(. Going to take awhile to figure it out but hey new is new :).

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey smee82 all the way on the bottom of this page on the left side is a button to change from black to white to blue. All kind of bright but the blue does look a little like the old set up.

I’m on my apple ipad and the only icon to rate a thread I have is just the like button :(. Going to take awhile to figure it out but hey new is new :).
Press and hold over like and you'll get three other options besides like. I preferred the extra options before.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom