I Got A Chicken!! - Page 5

david1978

Now you have to her how to fetch.

BabsandLoon

I know! She already knows how to pick things up and take them away from me. So we are halfway there! Just need her to understand she can bring things to me too!

david1978

Sounds like my dogs. They fetch but won't give it to me.

Daniebaby

Spending some time outside acting like a real chicken
I'm so happy to this!!! How beautiful.

Bettaish

Clary is quite the celebrity chicken!

Daniebaby

How is everything? Is there an update on Clary? Any eggs... or crows?

BabsandLoon

Hi!!

Everything is good. We have had a busy summer so far.

As of about a week or so ago Clary has started CROWING. So I’m sure I have a rooster!

I have to figure out how to handle the situation because technically it’s illegal to have a rooster here, but technically this is also a temporary situation and we will be getting our own place. The issue is I’m not sure WHEN.

It gives me incentive to get on the ball and get things sorted so we have our own place sooner rather than later.

He couldn’t have made it easy on me and just laid a couple eggs. Noooo he has to crow his head off.

It’s funny because the first time I was like “what IS that?” And then I was like “that sounds like a rooster. Who the heck would have a rooster around here?” Then it hit me. “Oh ! It’s ME! I have the rooster!”

goldface

I don't care what sound it makes. If it lays eggs, it's a chicken.

BabsandLoon

Well unfortunately no eggs are being laid. Just dang crowing.
Also, crowing is LOUD. I never knew how loud it was. And when that crowing is coming from right beside you...holy rooster!!

Mary765

How come you can own a chicken but not a rooster? Seems a little unfair

BabsandLoon

I guess because of the noise roosters make.
That’s the only reason I can think of.

Daniebaby

Check out the no crow collars online. Extremely inexpensive and they sometimes work to muffle the crows. They aren't inhumane like some of the dog shock collars are known to be.

I'm not allowed roosters here either. But I somehow ended up with a rooster who wakes me up every morning and tries to get in to my chicken coop. He isn't my rooster. I don't know who he belongs to, but I actually enjoy the sound of a rooster crowing.

Hopefully you get used to it, and don't get in trouble. Roosters really get a bad rap, good on you for keeping him!

Daniebaby

Also, I think Clary might prefer to be called Clarence or Clay? Perhaps he's upset about his girly name hahaha

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Chicken farmer
  • Bird
Replies
Views
Cognity7
  • Question
Replies
Views
StarGirl
  • BananaBean
  • Bird