Who's into sports? - Page 3

BigManAquatics

So glad to not have to work football the next 2 weekends. Hear it for road games!

Motherlovebetta

Still never better than when Appalachian State beat Michigan...
Thanks for bringing that up…..

Jerome O'Neil

Still never better than when Appalachian State beat Michigan...
The Huskies offense is horrible. Don James wouldn't have put up with this.

This is their first 0-2 start since Ty Willingham was head coach, and they went 0-11.

Gonna be a long season, I think.

otterblue

NHL: Blue Jackets!
NFL: Browns - just lost but they look pretty good

Jerome O'Neil

Seahawks look great!

BigManAquatics

Seahawks look great!
Carson Wentz does a pretty good job making people look great for the other team!

TheAnglerAquarist

NHL: Blue Jackets!
NFL: Browns - just lost but they look pretty good
They look like a contender in the division

otterblue

They look like a contender in the division

Pretty sure you're referring to the Browns and not the Blue Jackets. :)

BigManAquatics

Can't believe i dogged Michigan and StarGirl has let me get away with it for this long!! :p

Jerome O'Neil

Carson Wentz does a pretty good job making people look great for the other team!
I'm actually waiting for Jacob Eason to take over when Wentz gets his liver broken, or whatever season ending injury he gets this year. Eason is from my neck of the woods, played as a freshman for Georgia, then transferred to UW where I bore witness to him throwing the ball 70 yards in the air, on a string. Dude has a legitimate cannon.

But when you combine Tyler Locket, D.K. Metcalf, and Russel Wilson, defenses are going to have problems.

BigManAquatics

I'm actually waiting for Jacob Eason to take over when Wentz gets his liver broken, or whatever season ending injury he gets this year. Eason is from my neck of the woods, played as a freshman for Georgia, then transferred to UW where I bore witness to him throwing the ball 70 yards in the air, on a string. Dude has a legitimate cannon.

But when you combine Tyler Locket, D.K. Metcalf, and Russel Wilson, defenses are going to have problems.
One problem with the Seahawks though....if Russ is good, they unstoppable. If he average, they can win. If he hurt, they may as well just stay in the locker room. Least thats how it has been. Same for Green Bay.

Jerome O'Neil

One problem with the Seahawks though....if Russ is good, they unstoppable. If he average, they can win. If he hurt, they may as well just stay in the locker room. Least thats how it has been. Same for Green Bay.

So you're telling me that as goes the quarterback, so goes the team?

Inconceivable!

Russ is an 8 time Prow Bowler, and has more wins than any other QB in history within 9 years. And 8 years. And 7 years. And 6. In fact, he's got more wins than any other QB in history every single year of his career past his rookie season. He also has a career passer rating over 100. Dude can drop a dime way down field, and frequently does. He has also never missed a start due to injury.

I think he'll be alright.

BigManAquatics

So you're telling me that as goes the quarterback, so goes the team?

Inconceivable!

Russ is an 8 time Prow Bowler, and has more wins than any other QB in history within 9 years. And 8 years. And 7 years. And 6. In fact, he's got more wins than any other QB in history every single year of his career past his rookie season. He also has a career passer rating over 100. Dude can drop a dime way down field, and frequently does. He has also never missed a start due to injury.

I think he'll be alright.
Just always seems with Seahawks like they lean on him a lot more since the Legion of Boom was broken up. Not like that is a singular sensation either. Makes me wonder how long he holds up like that. Bit as you pointed put, he does have some amazing weapons at receiver.

Jerome O'Neil

Just always seems with Seahawks like they lean on him a lot more since the Legion of Boom was broken up. Not like that is a singular sensation either. Makes me wonder how long he holds up like that. Bit as you pointed put, he does have some amazing weapons at receiver.
Having a historically great defense certainly isn't going to hurt a young QB, but every team leans on their QB. It's the nature of football. I think the big change is more in the finances of it. The teams that win the big one are the ones with young, superstar QBs on their first contract. Having that money to spread around to other positions certainly doesn't hurt. Once the QB gets that first big contract, there is less to get talent on other positions.

LoB was somewhat unique in that most of those four players (Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, and Browner) were all drafted by the 'Hawks. Browner was the only exception, going undrafted and playing in Canada. The 'Hawks were the team that picked him up, though.

So not only were those guys superb players, they were also cheap. Tie that in with a cheap QB, and all of a sudden you have the ability to buy yourself a brutal defensive line, which is exactly what they did.

I read somewhere that the last QB that took up over 15% of the cap to win the Super Bowl was Joe Montana.

Dennis57

NHL- New York Rangers
NFL- Saints and the Rams
MLB- New York Mets

BigManAquatics

Having a historically great defense certainly isn't going to hurt a young QB, but every team leans on their QB. It's the nature of football. I think the big change is more in the finances of it. The teams that win the big one are the ones with young, superstar QBs on their first contract. Having that money to spread around to other positions certainly doesn't hurt. Once the QB gets that first big contract, there is less to get talent on other positions.

LoB was somewhat unique in that most of those four players (Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, and Browner) were all drafted by the 'Hawks. Browner was the only exception, going undrafted and playing in Canada. The 'Hawks were the team that picked him up, though.

So not only were those guys superb players, they were also cheap. Tie that in with a cheap QB, and all of a sudden you have the ability to buy yourself a brutal defensive line, which is exactly what they did.

I read somewhere that the last QB that took up over 15% of the cap to win the Super Bowl was Joe Montana.
I can believe that with Montana. Back then, that WAS pretty much the only big money position.

BigManAquatics

Sitting at the sports bar to watch the Husker game with the kids. Already got a bunch of wings on order! AKA the real reason the kids wanted to come.

Coradee

I’ll just leave this here……5-0 YNWA
:thumbsup:

StarGirl

Michigan 6-0. Now just have to beat the "State" teams! :p

BigManAquatics

Michigan 6-0. Now just have to beat the "State" teams! :p
Michigan State has their hands full from Indiana today, least what i have been watching

StarGirl

Dang the Big 10 is representing in the Ranks.....#2,6,7,8 and 10. Those other "state" teams are there too....:cool:

BigManAquatics

Dang the Big 10 is representing in the Ranks.....#2,6,7,8 and 10. Those other "state" teams are there too....:cool:
Makes me mad we were in position to beat BOTH 8 and 9... and still gotta play 2 and 6...

Dunk2

My wife showed this to me. Brought back memories of my Dad.

If you give a boy a hockey puck, he will want a hockey stick to go with it.

You’ll buy him the best stick you can find, and then he will probably want a helmet, gloves, and skates to go with it.

Then, he will probably spend hours begging you to go outside in the driveway to play with him, even though you may want to sit on the couch and watch tv. He will insist. And his insistence will win.

And when a boy gets a jersey, he will need breezers and socks and suspenders to go with it. And a TEAM…..And then life as you know it will end.

There will be no more lazy weekends watching tv. You will see more sunrises than you ever thought possible. Every spare minute of your time will be spent hauling bags and stinky gear and crazy boys all over tarnation for hours to practice for a game.

THE GAME.

And your house will be a mess. And your car will be dirty. All because you gave a boy a hockey puck.

Your weekends will be spent freezing in a hockey rink. And his weekends will be spent gaining confidence and friends, and learning new skills and having fun and getting sweaty. So sweaty in fact that you will have to learn how to do laundry in a whole new way, like maybe at a carwash using the pressure washer.

And you will be there the day he scores his first goal, gets his first assist and kills a penalty by blocking shots. And he will make you SO proud. The other parents will congratulate you. But you feel weird saying thank you because it's not you on the ice or on the penalty kill. It's him. He did this.

And right before your eyes, your little boy will be transformed from the baby who spun around with his skates on the ice, (because he loves attention), into one of the best hockey players you’ve ever seen.

When you give a boy a hockey puck, you give him more than just a puck. You give him a sport, and talent, and hope, and dreams, and friends, a new family, a place to learn about life, room to grow as a person where he can push his limits, and bravery, and courage and LIFE, and memories. And he will have ALL of these things, simply because you gave a boy a hockey puck.

Because you gave a boy a hockey puck, you too will develop new/lifelong friendships, developed solely from the same passion for the game and love of your team. You will root together. And spew PG-13 things out of your mouths together. Because you gave a boy a hockey puck.

Then one day, many years from today….he will be in his room and a puck will roll out from an old dusty hockey bag underneath his bed. And he will pick it up and realize instantly that when you gave that boy a hockey puck, you also gave him a childhood that he would never forget. And then he will hug you, and your eyes may leak – because you realize that everything YOU gave up along the way…..was worth it!

All because you gave a boy a hockey puck...

1634407651591.png

Author: Unknown

BigManAquatics

You’ll buy him the best stick you can find, and then he will probably want a helmet, gloves, and skates to go with it.

Then, he will probably spend hours begging you to go outside in the driveway to play with him, even though you may want to sit on the couch and watch tv. He will insist. And his insistence will win.

And when a boy gets a jersey, he will need breezers and socks and suspenders to go with it. And a TEAM…..And then life as you know it will end.

There will be no more lazy weekends watching tv. You will see more sunrises than you ever thought possible. Every spare minute of your time will be spent hauling bags and stinky gear and crazy boys all over tarnation for hours to practice for a game.

THE GAME.

And your house will be a mess. And your car will be dirty. All because you gave a boy a hockey puck.

Your weekends will be spent freezing in a hockey rink. And his weekends will be spent gaining confidence and friends, and learning new skills and having fun and getting sweaty. So sweaty in fact that you will have to learn how to do laundry in a whole new way, like maybe at a carwash using the pressure washer.

And you will be there the day he scores his first goal, gets his first assist and kills a penalty by blocking shots. And he will make you SO proud. The other parents will congratulate you. But you feel weird saying thank you because it's not you on the ice or on the penalty kill. It's him. He did this.

And right before your eyes, your little boy will be transformed from the baby who spun around with his skates on the ice, (because he loves attention), into one of the best hockey players you’ve ever seen.

When you give a boy a hockey puck, you give him more than just a puck. You give him a sport, and talent, and hope, and dreams, and friends, a new family, a place to learn about life, room to grow as a person where he can push his limits, and bravery, and courage and LIFE, and memories. And he will have ALL of these things, simply because you gave a boy a hockey puck.

Because you gave a boy a hockey puck, you too will develop new/lifelong friendships, developed solely from the same passion for the game and love of your team. You will root together. And spew PG-13 things out of your mouths together. Because you gave a boy a hockey puck.

Then one day, many years from today….he will be in his room and a puck will roll out from an old dusty hockey bag underneath his bed. And he will pick it up and realize instantly that when you gave that boy a hockey puck, you also gave him a childhood that he would never forget. And then he will hug you, and your eyes may leak – because you realize that everything YOU gave up along the way…..was worth it!

1634407651591.png

Give me a puck and a hockey stick and you create a GOON

Dunk2

Give me a puck and a hockey stick and you create a GOON
Part of the game brother! Or at least used to be!

BigManAquatics

Part of the game brother! Or at least used to be!
I am too big and clumsy to be anything else on a rink....the next Darius Kasperitus!! More time in the box than the ice!!

Dunk2

I am too big and clumsy to be anything else on a rink....the next Darius Kasperitus!! More time in the box than the ice!!
But you loved Darius, so long as he was on your team.

Motherlovebetta

Sitting at the sports bar to watch the Husker game with the kids. Already got a bunch of wings on order! AKA the real reason the kids wanted to come.
Better luck this week :)

BigManAquatics

Better luck this week :)
It was worse. Much worse. But the kids had fun!

Motherlovebetta

It was worse. Much worse. But the kids had fun!
I was rooting for them (against PJ fleck) this week too!

SouthAmericanCichlids

THE GAME.

1634407651591.png

That was beautiful, I can't wait to be a dad someday.

Jerome O'Neil

I work for the rail roads and used to spend a lot of time in Omaha while dealing with Union Pacific. I have it on my bucket list to catch a Cornhuskers game at some point. My understanding is the hometown crowd is really cool.

The Huskies are terrible this year, as are the Sadhawks, and for the same reason. Neither team can stop the run.

BigManAquatics

I work for the rail roads and used to spend a lot of time in Omaha while dealing with Union Pacific. I have it on my bucket list to catch a Cornhuskers game at some point. My understanding is the hometown crowd is really cool.

The Huskies are terrible this year, as are the Sadhawks, and for the same reason. Neither team can stop the run.
Yeah, home games are pretty wild and Lincoln. I work at the stadium for all of them, haven't missed one yet.

BigManAquatics

GO BRAVES!! YOU CAN HOLD ON!!!

TheAnglerAquarist

So far, so good!
childhood dreams came true last night. Braves are technically my hometown team as I lived there for years

BigManAquatics

Wasn't a fun game yesterday, but met 2 Husker legends. One of which played for my favorite NFL team as well....Kenny Bell and Brendan Stai!

TheAnglerAquarist

I went to a byu football game yesterday for the first time in a couple years. Being a diehard fan I should go more haha

BigManAquatics

I went to a byu football game yesterday for the first time in a couple years. Being a diehard fan I should go more haha
Depending on weather, sometimes going to the game is overrated...i usually would rather watch from the comfort of my couch or recliner...but i don't get paid to stay home!

BigManAquatics

One football game left to work on Thanksgiving weekend. But start switching gears to basketball tomorrow night. Only got 9 of those to work this month!(i like money)

MyFishAddiction

That was a good game yesterday. That punt blocked by Hill though?!

TheAnglerAquarist

That was a good game yesterday. That punt blocked by Hill though?!
I know! He has been my favorite player and he proved why!

BigManAquatics

Must be a bye week. Nebraska annoinced Scott Frost gets to stay, albeit a restructured contract(think Harbaugh last offseason) then fired 4 coaches effective immediately.

Jerome O'Neil

UW Huskies fired their OC after an 160 yards of total offense against Oregon. They are going to fire Jimmy Lake at the end of the season, if not before. He is already on a one game suspension for losing it on the sideline with a player.

Dude failed.

BigManAquatics

UW Huskies fired their OC after an 160 yards of total offense against Oregon. They are going to fire Jimmy Lake at the end of the season, if not before. He is already on a one game suspension for losing it on the sideline with a player.

Dude failed.
Pales in comparison to the football drama here...

BigManAquatics

Worked women's basketball yesterday, got stuck next to an agreeably creepy mascot most of the game. So naturally, i spent a lot of the time imitating said mascot.

CreativeName1

Someone needs to make fish sports

I wanna see competitors bring fish to see what fish reaches food the fastest like Olympic swimming

BigManAquatics

Someone needs to make fish sports

I wanna see competitors bring fish to see what fish reaches food the fastest like Olympic swimming
There is fish sports. Bassmaster Tournaments.

Gamer

UFC, Boxing and NHL (go Bolts!)

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom