Struggling with plants, please help! - Page 2

courtneylm

I think Leaf Zone only contains iron and potassium. It might help, but it would be better to get a more complete one. Like this one: AZOO Plant Premium - PremiumBuces
If you can get it where you live. Otherwise I think Thrive do similar ones.
Unfortunately I can't buy it here in the US. However I did go ahead and just buy thrive+ and won't be using leaf zone

GpixL

Great! Let us know if it works.

Fabregas

Also it is not true that liquid fertilizers will cause algae. This depends on many other factors.
Yes, you're right. Liquid fertilizer is generally suitable for fish tanks with lush plants, because after you add it to the fish tank, plants need to absorb it. If there are no plants to absorb it, the excess of liquid fertilizer will lead to the excess of nutrients in water quality. If the light is not controlled, it will become a hotbed of algae
Exactly: It is short for tablet.
Thank you. Can I understand it as: tablet = fertilizer like tablets?

courtneylm

Yes, you're right. Liquid fertilizer is generally suitable for fish tanks with lush plants, because after you add it to the fish tank, plants need to absorb it. If there are no plants to absorb it, the excess of liquid fertilizer will lead to the excess of nutrients in water quality. If the light is not controlled, it will become a hotbed of algae

Thank you. Can I understand it as: tablet = fertilizer like tablets?
Yes, tablet (tab) usually refers to fertilizer tablets placed into inert substrates to add nutrients

Fabregas

Yes, tablet (tab) usually refers to fertilizer tablets placed into inert substrates to add nutrients
Thank you. I see what you mean.
If you like river sand as the bottom bed, you can lay it locally. Like in the picture. I mean: lay some soil beds where water plants are planted, because plants can better reproduce their roots in the soil. In the front of the fish tank, where plants do not need to be planted, lay river sand. But that's just my idea. Everyone's aquarium is a small ecological world. The most important plants like the environment suitable for its growth. Water is the core, and a water quality suitable for plant growth is the most importan
2022-02-24 11.18.12.png
2022-02-24 11.13.39.pngt
Look at this fish tank. This fish tank has been alive for six years. In these six years, no fertilizer has been added. The biggest trouble of this aquarium is that the plants are too lush. It needs to be trimmed in three months, otherwise the aquarium will have no space.
The lessons learned are:
1. Provide it with suitable water (the water treated by the water softener is replaced by 30% every two weeks)
2. Provide it with a suitable bottom bed (there are 5-10cm volcanic rocks at the bottom and 54l ADA water, grass and soil on the top)
3. Provide it with proper lighting. (t5ho lamp) and appropriate lighting time (no more than 9 hours per day)
4、co2
5. No fertilizer has ever been used, and no fertilizer has ever been used.
6. Water quality has never been tested.
Now the biggest pain of this aquarium is that the plants are too lush. They have been integrated with the wood. Many have grown out of the water and need a lot of pruning every three months.
I want to give you some advice, but it's not absolutely right. I hope your aquarium is getting better and better.
WechatIMG71.jpeg

fishkeepernewbie

Hello all, I have been struggling with the plants in my tank. I have tried so many things. I have injected co2 (run through a reactor off my canister filter), a fluval fresh and plant light, I have a bunch of root tabs in the substrate, and I dose fertilizers daily. The lights are on for 9 hours a day, with the co2 starting 2 hours before lights on and ending 2 hours before lights off. They are still struggling. I've been trying to get them to grow tall and lush to help break up the line of sight in my tank to help with my angelfishes aggression, and it's not going well. I have had all of the plants since the end of November. I am at a loss. I'm new to planted tanks and just need help.

Alternanthera inclinata
View attachment 842972

Hygrophila stricta
View attachment 842973

Cryptocoryne wendtii
View attachment 842974

Bacopa caroliniana
View attachment 842975

Pogostemon stellatus
View attachment 842976

Myriophyllum scabratum & cabomba caroliniana
View attachment 842977
View attachment 842978
It might be the sand? My plants grew not very well in sand and great in aqua soil.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fabregas
Replies
Views
Nessaf

Did You Know...

You can re-generate Seachem Purigen. Here's how:
How To Regenerate Seachem Purigen

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom