PLECOS!! share yours

JKCichlids

Just wanted you guys to see my Pleco and I would love see anybody else's pleco . If anyone has a gold nugget Pleco please don't hesitate to post it here

Here's my pleco

Dave125g

Here's my clown. He hates the paparazzI

Jaxsco

Here's Bruce!

Sarah73

Here is June.(girl I think)

This was so funny

Jaxsco

Here's another picture of Bruce! He decided the top wasn't good enough for him.

Nforlivio

fishpatch

Rhino plecostomus approx 12" long I will post a few better photos when I get home!!

JKCichlids

All good

This is my Pleco chillin.

fishpatch

I tried to get better picks but he was on the back wall of the tank and the chiclids of doom kept photo bombing me

I purchased this rhino approx a week a go he was kept in a tank with pacus at the store and was not being fed very well. When I introduced him to the tank I could see he was hungry but he didn't acknowledge the vegetables at all. Surprisingly on day 5 I dropped a juicy succulent cucumber in there and he found out what it was!!! He is now putting on weight and taking almost anything that falls to the bottom. Even better he is slightly territorial so when the chiclids try to take his vegetables, he rams them the out of his way!

Arkwolf1995

Here's my poor fellow... long story, sister brought me some cichlids and a pleco...

Demontay1

One of my pretty little girls finally cam outta hiding only too be photo bombed by my corydoras xD

Rainer

Kronk and toothless <3

Sent from my D5803 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Demontay1

I think m handsome man is a little hungry it is getting close too their diner time so blanchig up some fresh cucumber for him so istead of him think the shell is dinner he will have a real dinner haha

Urgulgania

This is Bartholomew, I believe him to be a leopard sailfin pleco. He was not bought as such and is growing like the most loveliest majestic weed in my little dainty tank. New home pending lol. I love him.

hampalong

Urgulgania said:

This is Bartholomew, I believe him to be a leopard sailfin pleco. He was not bought as such and is growing like the most loveliest majestic weed in my little dainty tank. New home pending lol. I love him.
Gold Spot Plec, Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus. L001.

Taritus

This is Adsila

She's a bristle nose female albino
Rock (commonly referred to as the rock)

(Common name: sail fin pleco, common pleco.)
(What I believe to be scientific name: pterygoplichthys multiradiatus)
And my new baby I just got (not named yet )(bristle nose unknown gender)

LeoDiaz

my L200 hanging out with his BN friend, if only I could get my red BN in a group pic with them lol

Taritus

Arkwolf1995 said:
Hers a update of my little pirate, it's gotten a lot better (could someone also tell me what kind it is?)
He looks like a common sailfish pleco but I'm no expert
Technical name: pterygoplichthys multiradiatus
If u want to read about them : )

LeoDiaz

that's my red one.

Taritus

Best friends

Added rocks from my friends old tarantula tank he didn't want and they seem to love them

LeoDiaz

You can alway fit one more fish or tank lol

Quibbles

Ha ha, meet Bris. Bris is evil and massacred my tank. I still love her.

Dave125g

andybui said:
aliray's suggestion, I am putting a pic of our pleco here to be IDed!

This is our grandma's pleco that we recently adopted. She has had it for a very long time, I'll have to ask her the exact date but definitely 7 years+ after reading more on this post I have gone out to buy it lots of wafers and veggies to bulk him up. I didn't even know fishes ate fruits and veggies! I'm still looking for driftwood though. He/she is roughly between 6.5-6.8 inches atm.
Looks like a common sail fin pleco

hampalong

andybui said:
aliray's suggestion, I am putting a pic of our pleco here to be IDed!

This is our grandma's pleco that we recently adopted. She has had it for a very long time, I'll have to ask her the exact date but definitely 7 years+ after reading more on this post I have gone out to buy it lots of wafers and veggies to bulk him up. I didn't even know fishes ate fruits and veggies! I'm still looking for driftwood though. He/she is roughly between 6.5-6.8 inches atm.
Common, P. multiradiatus.

Maeve

My little buddy came out for pictures and the rams (mostly) stayed out of the way!

tokiodreamy

Only photo I have currently.
My new BN pleco! Not sure on gender yet so they don't have a name currently. They're only about 1.25-1.75in so I'm patiently waiting for that 3in mark.

I got them about 2-4 weeks ago and I had the HARDEST time trying to feed them! They passed up pellets, wafers, and veg! Would only glass surf and wouldn't stay in an area too long. I FINALLY witnessed them eat an algae wafer a day ago! *phew* makes me feel better that I'm actually seeing them eat... now the real challenge... getting them to eat their veggies! We'll see what happens!

Update:

SUCCESS!

shusband

Demontay1

One of my little girls eating dinner

TheKiwi

This is as far as I got before spooking my lil guy away. He's just lurking near the cucumber while alternating gnawing on the driftwood

Edit to add:
I FINALLY GOT A NICE FULL SIDE SHOT HEHEHEHEHE

Demontay1

My handsome Simba again
He's such a poser for me

Did it work

Jason70

aliray

Jason what kind of catfish is he or she? Alison

Jason70

aliray said:
Jason what kind of catfish is he or she? Alison
The one with the spots ?? That would be a spotted Raphael.

RandyS8229

Here's my common. Nothing special. I had a green phantom but he didn't survive the recent chaos.

Maci14

Here's my 12"+ that I "rescued" from my mothers' way too small tank, lol. In my eyes he's a monster, but we've had bigger.

sarah13berry

any idea what sex my clown pleco could be?

lemon bristlenose

Dave125g

sarah13berry said:
any idea what sex my clown pleco could be?
Appears to be a female, males have spikes on their sides the length of the body. If you can get a picture from the top I can tell for sure

aliray

sarah13berry said:
Yeah ours does too... but we also have a lemon bristlenose he is way more friendly 
In the picture your lemon BN looks like a female. How big is she because I don't see any bristles. Alison

sarah13berry

He definitely has bristles just starting to come all around his top lip... he's still just a baby so they aren't visible yet. I can try get a close up of his nose.. it's the clown plec we were having trouble with but considering how smooth it appears to be that suggests it is possibly female

aliray said:
In the picture your lemon BN looks like a female. How big is she because I don't see any bristles. Alison
you can just see them starting to come on his top lip. He is just a baby

TexasDomer

Peckoltia braueri
I think he's a male as he has ondontodes on his pectoral fins and the back half of his body. Will try to get a better pic one day! He's mostly nocturnal.

EDIT: Don't know what the white dots are in the pic. He doesn't have white dots on him.

Demontay1

Dinner time for Simba haha

Demontay1

Casually flexing his barbs at me too xD

Demontay1

Sorry guys but simba was posing again and had too snap more pics

Taritus

Haven't posted in a while but my little man or woman is getting bigger

Also the sailfin is getting more active since I got silver dollars to act as dither fish

Dave125g

My chubby little clown munching on some zucchinI

Wow what is that holding the zucchini? Where can I get 1?

aliray

That is a veggie clip, Petco carries them they keep them near the seaweed sheets in a pkg for fish to eat. Alison

MotherofPits

nickbuilder09

I don't even know what this one is... my girlfriend just brought it home and put it in her tank. Anyone got any ideas? He is cool looking!

aaron0g

Thought I would share, only a common pleco but rules the tank in my house

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom