Plecostomus Photos

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please use this topic to post your Pleco photos. I'll leave it stickied so it appears at the top of the posts.

Thanks,
Mike

-----

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Armadillo

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
These were my common plecos. I had to give them back to a fish store as my biggest tank was a 150L. Please nobody tell me now that that was enough space, as it was a heartbreaking decision to part with one of them in particular (the small one). Ah well, here's hoping they found a better home. :'(

The first picture shows my favorite pleco. He always came out, night or day, and wasn't bothered at all when I was cleaning the tank.

The second and third pictures shows the two slightly larger plecos I had. One of them was a slightly paler brown. They hardly ever came out of hiding, though.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Here's a pic of mine - I have him in an outdoor pond (150 gal) so the only time I can get pics of him is when I do a cleaning. Usually all I see is his tail sticking out from under the big flat rock he likes to hide under... He was about 4 inches when I got him from my sister may-june 2007. He is now 11 inches long...he shares with two chinese algae eaters and multiple goldfish and mosquito fish.

Attachments

Last edited:

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Here's another few pictures of my new fancy pleco. I'll post the exact name later.

One of them's terrible , but hey, there's no minimum quality requirements, LOL. I like it because you see the shrimp being nosy. The piece of driftwood used to be the shrimps' HQ, and got taken over by her since this week-end.

If you look upclose, you'll see how hairy she is! True sign of a night fish, hey.

Attachments

Bill

Valued Member
Reaction score
Those are both really cool plecos I'm looking forward to my Queen Arabesque in the new year, even though it'll be very expensive..

Here is a photo I took today of Yuri eating some courgette, flanked by his attendant Bolivian rams.
229.jpg

And another one; I just love the expression on the ram's face!
230.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom