Mystery plant package!!!

FishGirl115

This is so weird... I got a package with aquarium plants in it today. The people I actually ordered stuff from say it wasn't them. It's return address is Aquarium Plants Factory in Fontana CA. What in the world? Who sent me plants? I didn't pay for anything. What do I do?

I just googled Aquarium Plants Factory and apparently it's quite the business. It wasn't sent to me by mistake cause the name for address is FG Fishlore (assuming FG = fishgirl). I have no clue! Who has my address??!!

Pfrozen

Lol just plant them, someone probably thought it would be nice to send you an anonymous gift. If you send them back then that person will have wasted money lol. I HIGHLY doubt that you accidentally got free stuff in the mail

FishGirl115 said:
I just googled Aquarium Plants Factory and apparently it's quite the business. It wasn't sent to me by mistake cause the name for address is FG Fishlore (assuming FG = fishgirl). I have no clue! Who has my address??!!
That is very weird. Did you post it anywhere here? Maybe in the buy and sell section? Is it on your profile maybe?

FishGirl115

What types of plants are these?

Pfrozen said:
Lol just plant them, someone probably thought it would be nice to send you an anonymous gift. If you send them back then that person will have wasted money lol. I HIGHLY doubt that you accidentally got free stuff in the mail
Pfrozen said:
That is very weird. Did you post it anywhere here? Maybe in the buy and sell section? Is it on your profile maybe?
No. Only a couple people here know my address because I ordered stuff from them. I'll plant them. But how would this anonymous person know my address???

Attachments

Pfrozen

FishGirl115 said:
No. Only a couple people here know my address because I ordered stuff from them. I'll plant them. But how would this anonymous person know my address???
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was one of those people haha. More than likely. I don't think getting a bunch of beautiful plants is anything to worry about but I totally get why you would be worried. Privacy is important

FinalFins

My only guess would be the person or company you ordered form is a dropshipper- or you may be a victim of data breach. Another theory I have is they sent you plants , then place a fake 5-star review under your name, a common sham in online sellers..., though APF has a good reputation.

Demonskid

If there is an email or website, you could always try contacting them and asking them about the shipment.

My guess would be that someone you know, who knows where you live, decided to gift you something.

Cody

FishGirl115 said:
What types of plants are these?
The one on the far right looks like an Anubius and the one next to that looks like a Amazon sword or Java fern. But it would be easier to tell out of the package

FishGirl115

Demonskid said:
If there is an email or website, you could always try contacting them and asking them about the shipment.

My guess would be that someone you know, who knows where you live, decided to gift you something.
But no one knows I have fishlore except for mom dad and brother.

Demonskid

FishGirl115 said:
But no one knows I have fishlore except for mom dad and brother.
Does it have to be someone who knows you are on fishlore? I mean, a friend outside the internet or on a different website (may not even be a fish related website), just someone who knows you have an aquarium and knows your address could have done this. It's more about knowing your hobby and less about the websites you are on.

FishGirl115

Cody said:
The one on the far right looks like an Anubius and the one next to that looks like a Amazon sword or Java fern. But it would be easier to tell out of the package
thank you. I'll try to snap some pics of them out of package in tank soon.

Demonskid said:

Good idea. I have a suspicion about who it might be. I messaged them. If it isn't them I'll contact them.

Demonskid said:
Does it have to be someone who knows you are on fishlore? I mean, a friend outside the internet or on a different website (may not even be a fish related website), just someone who knows you have an aquarium and knows your address could have done this. It's more about knowing your hobby and less about the websites you are on.
But the name on package wasn't my real name. It was FG Fishlore

Demonskid

FishGirl115 said:
But the name on package wasn't my real name. It was FG Fishlore
I see, so that does mean it's someone here. Well, hope you find out who it is. It is an interesting mystery with a very lovely gift.

Pfrozen

its pretty clear that someone from fishlore sent the plants... it was a really nice gesture but that person should come forward and dispense with the anonymity. people have privacy concerns and its not a great thing to make young people on the internet nervous

mattgirl

I think a lot of folks realize you are a young person without a lot of disposable income. I have to think one of them decided to give you a gift. If you have ordered from someone here it might not be that difficult to get your address. Maybe it would be best to just accept and enjoy the gift. I have to think this gift came from a Fishlore member since your Fishlore name was on the package. I can't imagine anyone here doing anything malicious with your address.

Mcasella

Plants look like water wisteria (above water growth looks like mint leaves), some type of ludwigia or maybe an alternathera, a sword (maybe amazon, but might be a melon), and some type of anubias (maybe just a regular barteri?? those are really hard to id in plastic.)

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it without too much worry happening.

fishnovice33

This is definitely suspicious. Very shady. Probably best to send the evidence to me for further investigation.

FishGirl115

Not worried about anyone here misusing the address. I'm quite sure someone was just being kind. I really appreciate it whoever you are! There are so many amazing people on here. So glad to have this forum and all the help that comes with it. Just wanna figure out who it is so I can thank them and make sure it's someone that I have my address too, not someone who found my address somewhere random cause that means I haven't been careful enough... I planted them in my tank. Hope they do well. I will take some pics of plants in tank tomorrow and start a new thread for identifying plants. Thanks everyone! Just want to clarify that I'm not scared or worried, just want to thank the person.

FishGirl115

Mystery solved. Thank you so much Addictedtobettas !!!!!!!!!!

Addictedtobettas

So sorry about that! They sent it out so much faster than ever before and I’ve been a bit overwhelmed I didn’t catch it’s speedy delivery!
Didn’t mean to leave you worrying at all.

What’s inside:

Echinodorus Martii
Red Cabomba
Anubia Nana
Bacopa Caroliniana

AcornTheBetta

FishGirl115 said:
This is so weird... I got a package with aquarium plants in it today. The people I actually ordered stuff from say it wasn't them. It's return address is Aquarium Plants Factory in Fontana CA. What in the world? Who sent me plants? I didn't pay for anything. What do I do?

Just read this thread and cried. I ordered like $50 of plants from them. Addictedtobettas I demand my plants lol.

FishGirl115

Addictedtobettas said:
So sorry about that! They sent it out so much faster than ever before and I’ve been a bit overwhelmed I didn’t catch it’s speedy delivery!
Didn’t mean to leave you worrying at all.

What’s inside:

Echinodorus Martii
Red Cabomba
Anubia Nana
Bacopa Caroliniana

Thank you so much! I never expected it! Amazing surprise, thank you! I'm so grateful for all the support this forum had given me to get started and keep going with my aquarium hobby. From answering my questions to giving me great deals and free things, thank you everybody!

FishGirl115

Here's pictures of tank. Only the plants I was so generously given (THANK YOU Addictedtobettas ) and a wisteria plant that I had are in there rn. Rest of plants coming tmrw. Driftwood looks really unique rn because it's not water logged so fishing line is tying it to the rock. But it's still trying to float so it's all suspendedIMG_20200929_191402_burst_03.jpg.

Attachments

Top Bottom