Movie Talk

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Haven't watched it, but what I heard it was super feminism though....thats just what I heard

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There’s a fundamental dissonance between the depth of her plight and the shallow disorganization of the script- Wallreet Journal

The movie itself is spotty, but it gets better as it goes along. That’s not hard, since the opening scene on the planet Hala is weightless and the subsequent battle sequence poorly staged and shot.-Vulture

aced it

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Has anyone watched Alita: Battle Angel? I saw it on Friday and honestly have no idea how to describe it.

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I watched Captain Marvel last night, I really liked it but I’ve been hearing tons of negative reviews and I have no dea why, so for any of you movie critics can you explain why lots of people didn’t like it?
Why bother with critics? If you like it, you like it

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just got back from watching The Lion King remake, I would say, don’t bother going to see it, just watch the original

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
MidSommer was a disappointment. It's by the same director who directed Hereditary, so I thought I'd like this as well. I was wrong. It goes on for too long, and it's not even scary.

@AJE, if it's a non-spoiler, what's your biggest gripe about it? I have zero interest in Disney's remakes, but simply curious. Loved the movies growing up, but now I'm just too old for that stuff; and honestly, I think I'm done with Disney for a while.

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
MidSommer was a disappointment. It's by the same director who directed Hereditary, so I thought I'd like this as well. I was wrong. It goes on for too long, and it's not even scary.

@AJE, if it's a non-spoiler, what's your biggest gripe about it? I have zero interest in Disney's remakes, but simply curious. Loved the movies growing up, but now I'm just too old for that stuff; and honestly, I think I'm done with Disney for a while.
It is the exact same script as the original so they obviously put no effort into it. Also since it’s live action it’s confusing at some times because you can’t tell who’s who. Also Rafiki. Also, there are leaf cutter ants in a scene

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Well, bear in mind that Disney is now the owner of the Marvel Universe and the Star Wars universe. However, I get what you mean about the remakes. I did take the girls to see Aladdin, mostly to see if Will Smith would be a good genie. He was, without trying to imitate Robin Williams. And the story was a bit different than the original movie, though the major points were the same. And it did have a distinct feminist bent to it. But overall I liked it.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Disney is just..... ugh. I mostly dislike them for ruining Star Wars but they have definitely not done a great job with all of these remakes and whatnot.

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve liked the new Star Wars movies, Solo is my favorite Star Wars movie. But yes, I agree, these remakes are an effortless way for them to make more money

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My biggest problem with it is that they scrapped the EU, which I was invested in and still care about, to invent new canon, which even without losing everything from the past I still think is not objectively good..... just my opinion with that though, I do admit to being biased lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom