Leisure Discussing

Mark2002

1. Does anyone have experience on catching some wild fishes (Aquarium net) and keep them? This question is a little bit guilty.

As not everyone will go to catch fish in the stream/river, fish is just too fast to be caught or the damage to wild is neglectable (Consider the prey/predator, pollution or injure/disease/aging will kill more fishes). At least you don't catch too much (>1) . Or you put the fish back to the place it belongs to or you don't want to be a responsible owner to these fishes. In my opinion fishing is doing more harm to the environment, if we compare it to this. (Indeed you may have to overcome the people that looking at you)

2. Have you seen any fish that doesn't belong to your living environment, and how many/What types are they?

Some of the beautiful aquarium fishes are in the wild. I have seen some mollies in Hong Kong's stream that close to my previous home. They have exactly same looking of my current keeping mollies which is the reason I bought them this time. They have taken root in this stream as I witnessed them for over 10 years in there. Wild guppies are also found in the stream or ditches. In fact, sometimes I imagine these fishes seen in Hong Kong's Goldfish Street are from these stream/river.

3. Have you seen or collected any wild aquatic plants in your living environment?

Hong Kong lacks a lot of aquatic plants due to the water parameter, etc. That can be found in other countries like India. Duckweeds are seen in farms. Other than that, I have seen a lot of Hornwort and Egeria Densa that doesn't belong to Hong Kong which should be imported by irresponsible aquarium hobbyists. Taking these invasive and overgrown plants are even helping the ecosystem.

BigManAquatics

I do know some on here will collect plants from local streams and rivers. I don't go for wild fish catching myself because i don't have the tank size to keep anything but the minnows! And because i pay a decent amount of money every year to try and keep fishing good, so that fishing does not need to be in my aquarium.

Upvote 0

fish 321

The government in Alaska is very protective of anything aquatic so collection is not a choice for me here unless I want to go to jail.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RuralGuppykeeper
Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
AcuarioAmazonico
  • Question