JinjerJosh22 member interview

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'll get us started:
Is cheesecake the best food?
Why did people at one point put their profile pic as pictures of your profile pic?
What are your least and most favorite fish species? Why?
Favorite t.v. show?
Favorite aquarium plant?
How many fish do you currently have?
What is your favorite coldwater fish?
jinjerJOSH22

TheFISH12

I am not sure how this works, are others allowed to ask questions?

SouthAmericanCichlids

TheFISH12 said:
I am not sure how this works, are others allowed to ask questions?
Yes anyone can.

TheFISH12

jinjerJOSH22

Hi,

Cheesecake in not actually food but a way of life

Why did people at one point put their profile pic as pictures of your profile pic?

That actually started when PascalKrypt posted a rather brilliant drawing of a sea serpent(that I still have as a profile pic) in response to a genuinely brilliant picture of a sea serpent. I made it my profile picture at the time as the friend group on here used to joke that we were dating. After doing that, everyone jumped on it and it turned into about 7 people having a screenshot of each other :rolleyes:

What are your least and most favorite fish species? Why?

Blue Three Spot Gourami are my favourite, as for why I really can't put my finger on it but there's no fish that top them for me. My least favourite, would be Mollies, their bossy nature is a huge put off for me.

Favorite t.v. show?

Not necessarily my favourite but I really enjoyed watching Avatar the last airbender recently.

No, reason stated above

Favorite aquarium plant?

Cryptocorne Bullosa, though I'm quite partial to most crypts

How many fish do you currently have?

Not actually sure, probably 50-100, a lot less since I moved.

What is your favorite coldwater fish?

Psudophormensus Dayi, beautiful colouration and inquisitive personalities.

Mii

Do you have any hobbies other than fish?

Cowardlyslimeball

What is your favorite song?

jinjerJOSH22

Mii said:
Do you have any hobbies other than fish?
I do, I very much enjoy playing games like Cities Skylines and Total War. I also am a big anime watcher. I've also recently got into Skiing.
Cowardlyslimeball said:
What is your favorite song?
Hmmmn, one that means a lot to me is called Rollercoaster by Danny Vera. My partner recommended the song and it become our song I guess.

Mii

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I do, I very much enjoy playing games like Cities Skylines and Total War. I also am a big anime watcher. I've also recently got into Skiing.

Hmmmn, one that means a lot to me is called Rollercoaster by Danny Vera. My partner recommended the song and it become our song I guess.
Do you play any other games? or just those two?

jinjerJOSH22

Mii said:
Do you play any other games? or just those two?
I play others too, these are just the two I've spent most time on recently. My all time favourite game is Dark Souls. I enjoy Pokemon, Monster Hunter and various others

Mii

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I play others too, these are just the two I've spent most time on recently. My all time favourite game is Dark Souls. I enjoy Pokemon, Monster Hunter and various others
Do you play Splatoon (1 or 2)?

jinjerJOSH22

SouthAmericanCichlids

jinjerJOSH22 said:
What is your dream fish that is super rare?

jinjerJOSH22

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
What is your dream fish that is super rare?
There's a few including the one you were posting about
I'm very keen on keeping Black Paradise fish after failing to do so, that one kind hurt. Another dream fish is the Samurai Gourami, which we currently own.

Cheesecake

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Yes. You don't need jinjerJOSH22 to answer that one, although I think he knows.
jinjerJOSH22 how are you doing? I've not heard from you recently my dude.

jinjerJOSH22

Cheesecake said:
Yes. You don't need jinjerJOSH22 to answer that one, although I think he knows.
jinjerJOSH22 how are you doing? I've not heard from you recently my dude.
I am doing really well thank you. I've not been very active online for a while at least not as much as I used to be. Moving to the Netherlands has gone surprisingly well considering I don't think I've been outside Wales for more than two weeks and that was as a child. It's somehow only been almost 5 months and it already feels like home.
How are you my dude?

Mii

Do you have a fish that you don't like but feel obligated to keep alive?

FishSupreme

Do you know how to keep calm when dealing with diseases that never seem to heal. Do you know how to get an urgent post for sick fish a lot more attention. I can never get more then two people on a post.

jinjerJOSH22

Mii said:
Do you have a fish that you don't like but feel obligated to keep alive?
I can't say I do at the moment but I have in the the past kept fish that I should of rehomed sooner than I did. 4 Black Skirt Tetra that I got from a friend who quit the hobby and gave me his fish along with the tanks I bought off him. They killed a portion of my Black Phantom Tetra I was quite fond of
FishSupreme said:
Do you know how to keep calm when dealing with diseases that never seem to heal. Do you know how to get an urgent post for sick fish a lot more attention. I can never get more then two people on a post.
Those are really though questions that I don't feel I can give a good answer to.
I will say I had a sick Betta for months, somedays it seemed to get better then the next it was twice as worse. This went on for about 4 months, until one day it seemed so bad I decide to take action to euthanize it. It was sad but it felt like relief it was finally over.

Giving urgent posts attention is a tricky matter, you need the right person to see them but even then without being there in person it's hard to really say what's wrong. Without access to DNA samples etc.. we can only speculate on external symptoms, which is a rather daunting prospect because if you are wrong you can cause more harm than good.
So I can understand people not wanting to post on those threads that they aren't totally sure on.

You could try a Guru search.

Leeman75

First attempt ever with giving interview questions...but looks like fun, so here goes:

1. What is your favorite brand of fish food?

2. Other than Gourami, which is your 2nd and 3rd favorite fish to keep?

3. Glass half full or half empty?

4. If you could visit one country on holiday right now (COVID doesn't exist in this question), what would it be and why?

Basil

Iced coffee or hot or both? White or black?

jinjerJOSH22

Leeman75 said:
First attempt ever with giving interview questions...but looks like fun, so here goes:

1. What is your favorite brand of fish food?

2. Other than Gourami, which is your 2nd and 3rd favorite fish to keep?

3. Glass half full or half empty?

4. If you could visit one country on holiday right now (COVID doesn't exist in this question), what would it be and why?
1. Hmmm, personally I'm not a big fan of eating fish food.... I am quite fond of feeding Fluval Bugbites.

2. I really love Zebra Loaches, keeping a nice size group of them is something I must do again and something I highly recommend. Their behaviour in a group of around 8 is fascinating.
My Royal Farlowella is another one I love to keep. I kept one in my 63 Gourami community. It added such an incredible amount of character to that tank.

3. My partner says I'm a bit of both, it depends on the situation

4. Wales is my answer. My dog Haru is currently there with my Mother and I miss him very much, I want to go and get him over here but bleh. I also want to take my partner around some of my favourite walks from my childhood which we weren't able to do when she first came over because of COVID restrictions.

Enjoyable questions
Basil said:
Iced coffee or hot or both? White or black?
Depends on the season, though I would happily drink either anytime
I don't usually drink it black though I don't mind on occasion usually I'd have it with lots of melk.

Mii

I'm not being interviewed, but the glass is 100% full. 50% water, 50% air.

FishSupreme

Please do more of these interviews. They are great for QA's with big names on the website and getting more answers to questions! Does anyone hear know about the merits of using apricot kernels. I have a goldfish who is probably developing a tumor and have heard that they can ease some pain or slow growth.

jinjerJOSH22

Lucy

FishSupreme said:
Does anyone hear know about the merits of using apricot kernels. I have a goldfish who is probably developing a tumor and have heard that they can ease some pain or slow growth.
Hi, Please start a thread for individual tank/fish issues.
The interviews are just for fun and your question may not get the attention it deserves and it takes away from the intent of this thread.

Good luck!

FishSupreme

What can't you say and can you say?

Lucy

FishSupreme said:
What can't you say and can you say?
Just gotta stay on topic.
The topic of this thread isn't the merits of using apricot kernels. It's an interview to get to know members better.

It sounds like an interesting topic and deserves a thread of it's own

Mii

What's the weirdest food combination you've tried that actually turned out to be delicious?

jinjerJOSH22

Mii said:
What's the weirdest food combination you've tried that actually turned out to be delicious?
Biscuits on bread was pretty weird to me but was actually quite good. Speculaas is what it's called.

Frisbee

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Biscuits on bread was pretty weird to me but was actually quite good. Speculaas is what it's called.
So, just bread products piled on more bread products? It sounds like... bread products.

What is the worst tasting health-nutty or allergy friendly (gluten free, vegan, etc) food you’ve ever tasted.

Do you own a car?
Have you ever been to the US?
What is the strangest pet you’ve ever owned?

jinjerJOSH22

Frisbee said:
So, just bread products piled on more bread products? It sounds like... bread products.

What is the worst tasting health-nutty or allergy friendly (gluten free, vegan, etc) food you’ve ever tasted.

Do you own a car?
Have you ever been to the US?
What is the strangest pet you’ve ever owned?
Tasty bread products

Given I'm not particularly a health nut nor do I have allergies I haven't really tried any.

I do not have a car nor do I have a license but it's on the to do list as it would be very convenient. That being said the Dutch public transport is very good, making it less of a priority.

I have not been to the US.

Hmmmn, maybe a Praying Mantis, very cool, however what you should know if you keep one is that they have wings.... I didn't at the time...

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom