26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg

Bijou88

Great looking fishes and tanks you've got there! Is that a rubber lip eyeballing me in the last picture? He's a cutie!

Bhatti

beautiful fish and setup what are these leaves BTW?

DoubleDutch

Great looking fishes and tanks you've got there! Is that a rubber lip eyeballing me in the last picture? He's a cutie!

Yes, quite a personality. As most of my fish it's adopted and living with my Venezuelan herd.

beautiful fish and setup what are these leaves BTW?

Thanks, Indian Almond (bought), oak and beech (collected). Especially beech is beautiful! ovendried !

Bhatti

Thanks, Indian Almond (bought), oak and beech (collected). Especially beech is beautiful! ovendried !

I was already thinking of putting them in tank but after seeing leaves in your tank(they look very beautiful to me) I want them as soon as possible. but I will only be able to get almond leaves. would they be good in guppy tank?what about in goldfish pond?have you noticed any benifits of these?could they be good to livebearers fry?
sorry for lot of questions

DoubleDutch

I was already thinking of putting them in tank but after seeing leaves in your tank(they look very beautiful to me) I want them as soon as possible. but I will only be able to get almond leaves. would they be good in guppy tank?what about in goldfish pond?have you noticed any benifits of these?could they be good to livebearers fry?
sorry for lot of questions

You meand Indian Almond Leaves ?
Those are known to be anti-bacterial, but stain the water a bit (which I like). They might lower Ph a bit as well !!!

I've a lot of botomfeeders loving to shovel the leaflitter, which is found in their natural habitat as well

aliray

Beautiful tanks and fish. Love that yellow cory cat, the L144, and the rubberlip. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Alison

Aquarist

thanks4sharingthumbupsign.gif Beautiful!

Ken
candycane2.gif

el337

Really enjoyed your pictures. Thank you!!

Lucy

Got a few cories there DoubleDutch? lol
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

DoubleDutch

Especially for Alison aliray

38.jpg

Coradee

Great pics DoubleDutch, your venezuelanus especially are lovely

DoubleDutch

DoubeDutch's tanks and fishies

Great pics DoubleDutch, your venezuelanus especially are lovely

Thanks. They are. Had 19 and now 25 - 30 (more an more of the fry appear to be Venezuelans instead of plain aeneus)

aliray

Especially for Alison @aliray
Such a pretty girl. And thank you so much for the picture. I do have a question for you . Where did you get the yellow catfish from or did you breed it your self.? Alison

DoubleDutch

Such a pretty girl. And thank you so much for the picture. I do have a question for you . Where did you get the yellow catfish from or did you breed it your self.? Alison

Do you mean the yellow Cory ??

aliray

Yes I do. I have never heard or seen one like it, He or she is really pretty. Alison

DoubleDutch

I adopted him (as most of my fish) in a verrrry poor state Alison.
1d639508884615208161a5b7fdc94f82.jpg

Some love, good food, companions, aso made him blossom !!

f2f9722fd842e1750ee4b5ef1f7ccaeb.jpg

It's a peppered Cory that is not albinism, but Xanthorism.
Yellow with blue eyes just like your favorite bn !!!! In the pic the eyes look red, but they aren't (reflection).
Never seen one alike.
Hoping to breed soon and try to get a yellow strain C.paleatus "DoubleDutchi"

aliray

Do you Ship? Joking, but that would be great if you get babies and then breed back. You develop that and you will probably be rich because everybody is going to want one or more. Just imagine a whole school of them swimming around. They would be gorgeous. There is something special about blue eyed yellow fish. What a big difference between the first picture and the second........Alison

DoubleDutch

Do you Ship? Joking, but that would be great if you get babies and then breed back. You develop that and you will probably be rich because everybody is going to want one or more. Just imagine a whole school of them swimming around. They would be gorgeous. There is something special about blue eyed yellow fish. What a big difference between the first picture and the second........Alison

Hahaha. Yeah a school would be great.
Even at Planet Catfish no one had one like this hahaha.

Rich ???? In this hobby hahahaha.

aliray

I have a feeling if you do manage to breed them then @ Coradee is going to be knocking at your door. All right maybe not rich but independently wealthy

el337

Gorgeous corys!

How many different species do you have and how many of each?

DoubleDutch

Gorgeous corys!

How many different species do you have and how many of each?

About 30 Venezuelans 9 Peppered (1 yellow), 6 Concolor, 3 Pandas (numbers to be upped), 6 albino Aeneus, 6 emerald green aeneus, about 70 small kind of aeneus (fry included).

el337

I love corys. I would love some more species but no time/money for more tanks.

Thank you for sharing the pics.. I enjoy seeing them.

DoubleDutch

I love corys. I would love some more species but no time/money for more tanks.

Thank you for sharing the pics.. I enjoy seeing them.

They really are great fish.
Tell me one species that is more peacefull and friendly !!!!

marijo

Wow beautiful corys, great tanks, if I would be one of your fish and I could talk I would say "AH, Home Sweet Home"
With all of these corys, how many tanks do you have?

DoubleDutch

Wow beautiful corys, great tanks, if I would be one of your fish and I could talk I would say "AH, Home Sweet Home"
With all of these corys, how many tanks do you have?

Hahaha. 11 running but trying to downgrade. Problem is every breeding tank gets some permanent inhabitants hahaha.

marijo

Haha , it seems always easier to get a new tank then getting rid of one, I can see tetras on one of your pictures, I'm curious to know what other species of fish do you keep?

aliray

Haha , it seems always easier to get a new tank then getting rid of one, I can see tetras on one of your pictures, I'm curious to know what other species of fish do you keep?

Me too, Alison

DoubleDutch

I've 11 Black Widows, 14 Cardinals, 6 Silvertips (the one with the Venezuelanus), 15 Oto's, 4 BN's and some "leftovers" from earlier shoals.
132.jpg
133.jpg
134.jpg
135.jpg
136.jpg
137.jpg
138.jpg
139.jpg
140.jpg
141.jpg

aliray

What fish is that in the picture under the cardinals? Alison

Anders247

What fish is that in the picture under the cardinals? Alison
Looks like an oto.

aliray

That's what I was thinking but I have never seen that kind of close up of an Ottos face. Thanks for the answer. Alison

DoubleDutch

Indeed an Oto Alison

Thought you meand the one in the same pic hahaha

aliray

That I wouldn't have guessed. I will have to check it out again. I must have missed the whiskers. Alison

DoubleDutch

Sorry for the confusion.
It is an Oto-face indeed !!!

aliray

Yup finally got it. Alison

DoubleDutch

My Otos are scavaging the leaves for food leftovers (fisheggs this time).

marijo

HI there beautiful cory! I love my sterbaI cory!
Beautiful tanks, I like their natural look

DoubleDutch

HI there beautiful cory! I love my sterbaI cory!
Beautiful tanks, I like their natural look

Thanks !

Similar Aquarium Threads

20 Gallon Tank Newb here
Replies
Views
aquachris
5 Gallon Tank New to fishies
Replies
Views
AggressiveAquatics
Replies