26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Bijou88
Great looking fishes and tanks you've got there! Is that a rubber lip eyeballing me in the last picture? He's a cutie!

Bhatti
beautiful fish and setup what are these leaves BTW?

DoubleDutch
Bijou88 said:
Great looking fishes and tanks you've got there! Is that a rubber lip eyeballing me in the last picture? He's a cutie!
Yes, quite a personality. As most of my fish it's adopted and living with my Venezuelan herd.

Bhatti said:
beautiful fish and setup what are these leaves BTW?
Thanks, Indian Almond (bought), oak and beech (collected). Especially beech is beautiful! ovendried !

Bhatti
DoubleDutch said:
Thanks, Indian Almond (bought), oak and beech (collected). Especially beech is beautiful! ovendried !
I was already thinking of putting them in tank but after seeing leaves in your tank(they look very beautiful to me) I want them as soon as possible. but I will only be able to get almond leaves. would they be good in guppy tank?what about in goldfish pond?have you noticed any benifits of these?could they be good to livebearers fry?
sorry for lot of questions

DoubleDutch
Bhatti said:
I was already thinking of putting them in tank but after seeing leaves in your tank(they look very beautiful to me) I want them as soon as possible. but I will only be able to get almond leaves. would they be good in guppy tank?what about in goldfish pond?have you noticed any benifits of these?could they be good to livebearers fry?
sorry for lot of questions
You meand Indian Almond Leaves ?
Those are known to be anti-bacterial, but stain the water a bit (which I like). They might lower Ph a bit as well !!!

I've a lot of botomfeeders loving to shovel the leaflitter, which is found in their natural habitat as well

aliray
Beautiful tanks and fish. Love that yellow cory cat, the L144, and the rubberlip. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Alison

Aquarist

thanks4sharingthumbupsign.gif
Beautiful!

Ken
candycane2.gif

el337
Really enjoyed your pictures. Thank you!!

Lucy
Got a few cories there DoubleDutch? lol
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

DoubleDutch
Especially for Alison aliray

38.jpg

Coradee
Great pics DoubleDutch, your venezuelanus especially are lovely

DoubleDutch
DoubeDutch's tanks and fishies

Coradee said:
Great pics DoubleDutch, your venezuelanus especially are lovely
Thanks. They are. Had 19 and now 25 - 30 (more an more of the fry appear to be Venezuelans instead of plain aeneus)

aliray
DoubleDutch said:
Especially for Alison @aliray
Such a pretty girl. And thank you so much for the picture. I do have a question for you . Where did you get the yellow catfish from or did you breed it your self.? Alison

DoubleDutch
aliray said:
Such a pretty girl. And thank you so much for the picture. I do have a question for you . Where did you get the yellow catfish from or did you breed it your self.? Alison
Do you mean the yellow Cory ??

aliray
Yes I do. I have never heard or seen one like it, He or she is really pretty. Alison

DoubleDutch

I adopted him (as most of my fish) in a verrrry poor state Alison.
1d639508884615208161a5b7fdc94f82.jpg

Some love, good food, companions, aso made him blossom !!

f2f9722fd842e1750ee4b5ef1f7ccaeb.jpg

It's a peppered Cory that is not albinism, but Xanthorism.
Yellow with blue eyes just like your favorite bn !!!! In the pic the eyes look red, but they aren't (reflection).
Never seen one alike.
Hoping to breed soon and try to get a yellow strain C.paleatus "DoubleDutchi"

aliray
Do you Ship? Joking, but that would be great if you get babies and then breed back. You develop that and you will probably be rich because everybody is going to want one or more. Just imagine a whole school of them swimming around. They would be gorgeous. There is something special about blue eyed yellow fish. What a big difference between the first picture and the second........Alison

DoubleDutch
aliray said:
Do you Ship? Joking, but that would be great if you get babies and then breed back. You develop that and you will probably be rich because everybody is going to want one or more. Just imagine a whole school of them swimming around. They would be gorgeous. There is something special about blue eyed yellow fish. What a big difference between the first picture and the second........Alison
Hahaha. Yeah a school would be great.
Even at Planet Catfish no one had one like this hahaha.

Rich ???? In this hobby hahahaha.

aliray
I have a feeling if you do manage to breed them then @ Coradee is going to be knocking at your door. All right maybe not rich but independently wealthy

el337
Gorgeous corys!

How many different species do you have and how many of each?

DoubleDutch
el337 said:
Gorgeous corys!

How many different species do you have and how many of each?
About 30 Venezuelans 9 Peppered (1 yellow), 6 Concolor, 3 Pandas (numbers to be upped), 6 albino Aeneus, 6 emerald green aeneus, about 70 small kind of aeneus (fry included).

el337
I love corys. I would love some more species but no time/money for more tanks.

Thank you for sharing the pics.. I enjoy seeing them.

DoubleDutch
el337 said:
I love corys. I would love some more species but no time/money for more tanks.

Thank you for sharing the pics.. I enjoy seeing them.
They really are great fish.
Tell me one species that is more peacefull and friendly !!!!

marijo
Wow beautiful corys, great tanks, if I would be one of your fish and I could talk I would say "AH, Home Sweet Home"
With all of these corys, how many tanks do you have?

DoubleDutch
marijo said:
Wow beautiful corys, great tanks, if I would be one of your fish and I could talk I would say "AH, Home Sweet Home"
With all of these corys, how many tanks do you have?
Hahaha. 11 running but trying to downgrade. Problem is every breeding tank gets some permanent inhabitants hahaha.

marijo
Haha , it seems always easier to get a new tank then getting rid of one, I can see tetras on one of your pictures, I'm curious to know what other species of fish do you keep?

aliray
marijo said:
Haha , it seems always easier to get a new tank then getting rid of one, I can see tetras on one of your pictures, I'm curious to know what other species of fish do you keep?
Me too, Alison

DoubleDutch
I've 11 Black Widows, 14 Cardinals, 6 Silvertips (the one with the Venezuelanus), 15 Oto's, 4 BN's and some "leftovers" from earlier shoals.
132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

aliray
What fish is that in the picture under the cardinals? Alison

Anders247
aliray said:
What fish is that in the picture under the cardinals? Alison
Looks like an oto.

aliray
That's what I was thinking but I have never seen that kind of close up of an Ottos face. Thanks for the answer. Alison

DoubleDutch

Indeed an Oto Alison

Thought you meand the one in the same pic hahaha

aliray
That I wouldn't have guessed. I will have to check it out again. I must have missed the whiskers. Alison

DoubleDutch
Sorry for the confusion.
It is an Oto-face indeed !!!

aliray
Yup finally got it. Alison

DoubleDutch
My Otos are scavaging the leaves for food leftovers (fisheggs this time).

marijo
HI there beautiful cory! I love my sterbaI cory!
Beautiful tanks, I like their natural look

DoubleDutch
marijo said:
HI there beautiful cory! I love my sterbaI cory!
Beautiful tanks, I like their natural look
Thanks !

aliray
DoubleDutch said:
My Otos are scavaging the leaves for food leftovers (fisheggs this time).
Don't you just love free fish food.Alison

DoubleDutch
aliray said:
Don't you just love free fish food.Alison
It are frozen (bought) fisheggs Alison hahaha.

aliray
Sorry I thought the cardinals got busy or the cory cats. All my fish pigged out on frozen blood worms today. I can't afford caviar for my fish, I am on a budgetWas that Belluga or another brand....Alison

DoubleDutch

aliray said:
Sorry I thought the cardinals got busy or the cory cats. All my fish pigged out on frozen blood worms today. I can't afford caviar for my fish, I am on a budgetWas that Belluga or another brand....Alison
Hahaha yes Russian caviar. A tin just was $ 20.000,--. Only the best is good enough for my fishies hahaha

el337
Enjoy seeing your fish. How often do you do a headcount?

DoubleDutch
el337 said:
Enjoy seeing your fish. How often do you do a headcount?
Impossible. Tried to count my Venezuelans earlier. Ok 23, oh no there is another and another. Ok 25, oh no I already counted that one. Ok 24 oh nooooooo there are some in the back.
Did I count those ?????????

el337
LOL I guess so. I only have 6 corys and I get worried if I don't see one of them. I wonder if they're sick or dead somewhere. I even inspect each of them every now and then to make sure they're all looking healthy. I think I would drive myself crazy if I had as many as you. But I definitely want to get more... I love these guys.

DoubleDutch
Encountered an issue as well this week. One of my aeneus breeding group had progressive finrot. Matter of days.
It's in an hospital tank now with JBL Ektol Fluid. Hoping I rescued enough tissue to grow back !!
Poor Cory

el337
Aww, poor guy. Hope he recovers soon!

DoubleDutch
Thanks, doing pretty good. Second course to be sure and then back into the main tank.
Crazy thing is the others, which I watch closely, don't seem to have any problem.

DoubleDutch
These are great quality. Larger and healthier. Than the ones he had earlier !
No it's the pic (angle) Alison.

476.jpg
The whole choir !!

aliray
Really nice . I like that background.. Alison

Coradee
Lovely photo DoubleDutch, so nice to see a good size cory group

Cujo8411
Very nice tank set up, I like it a lot.

marijo
Beautiful set-up! Sterbai's stripes pattern is really nice and they have shinny colors also. The cones, are they pine or spruce or ?

DoubleDutch
marijo said:
Beautiful set-up! Sterbai's stripes pattern is really nice and they have shinny colors also. The cones, are they pine or spruce or ?
Thanks. Those are aldercones !

marijo
Thanks,I I have learn something new again!

DoubleDutch
"Alba" the last new member of the Peppered-community. First time in years this adopted lady sees some of her own species.

aliray
Did you just get Alba? Cute name. Bet she's loving her new home. Alison

Top Bottom