Car Guys/girls?

jamie carmichael

I am a huge car addict and would like to know if any other aquarists out there have love for cars too. I've heard that weirdly these two hobbys are linked but there's only one way to know. Btw any car guys I don't mind I have respect for all cars but my personal favourite my dads 07 e63 amg. That thing is a beast!

CanadianJoeh

Love cars, I know very little about them, though.

I've always liked the idea of buying a Spitfire, someday.

MikeRad89

American muscle cars are my thing.

david1978

I have been a diesel mechanic all my life and finally got one to have fun with. Always been into cars but a gas engine to keep it meeting emissions is so limiting so only so much you can. Finally got a diesel truck. 2004 f250 6.0. Rebuilt injectors to 125%. Intake. 4" straight exhaust. Only successful trip down the 1/4 mile it ran 13.3 seconds on borrowed slicks. Running 33 11.5 mud diggers now. Right now I probably have about $5000 in the motor. Black smoke don't mean it's broke. Lol.

jamie carmichael

Woah mad! You're rolling coal lol. It costs a fortune to own cars with big engines here. What do you guys think on downsizing like have you heard about the new s class 2.2 diesel hybrid! In a car that big! Mercedes and many other brands have been going downhill which is a shame. The last best models they mad in my opinion were from 2006-2009 those were some amazing years for Benz.

glenCOCO

I was able to track down my dads 85 Toyota Celica Supra and get it back. My mom sold it when he passed away in 88. It was in pretty bad shape and with a blown 2jz. I wanted to do a showroom restoration, just how it looked when my dad bought it. I swapped out the 2jz with the stock 5m and now I’m regretting it. Now the plan is resto-mod. I’m currently in the market for a twin turbo 2jz to swap in. The engine is easy part, trying to restore the body of this thing is pretty **** frustrating. There’s no market for this car, so you’re stuck looking for NOS at crazy prices or you have to find supra hoarders and hope that you’re not too late. I envy how easy the muscle car scene has it sometimes.

david1978

Mercedes is too high dollar for me. Lol. Only thing with building something up. It never stops. Since I bought the program to tune the computer myself now the truck drops fuel pressure at 400 feet and shuts off. A sump and new fuel pump is next. One of these days I might get brave enough to do a full boosted 4x4 launch. I have done it on dirt roads and it is violent.

2jz motors are around. Blown up but around.

Fashooga

I'm not much of a car guy but I don't mind doing the small stuff to save a buck or two. Few years ago my Mercedes c230 needed new breaks and rotors and the quotes I got were $900-$1200. I did research and did my own breaks and rotors. Really easy and only cost me $300 and a few hours.

After that I felt like a real man and wanted to build a house.

jamie carmichael

We should make a plan for an aquarium inside a car! Has anyone seen the latest Grand tour episode? James may is mixing salt with a refractometer. That's when you know you're in an awesome hobby. He was using instant ocean and a hydrometer lol.

Also any thought on my new car ill be able to drive soon in around a year or two and I'm thinking of a Toyota gt86 and have already found a supercharger for it LOL - Hks by the way - I know it is really common but it is a great car and its really easy to mod. I was goi9ng to go for an a class but finding mods for that would be like finding a needle in a haystack!

AlphaRomeo

86 ssinit

This thread needs more pictures.

DarkOne

Current vehicle is a '10 F150.

Me at Willow Springs

And Laguna Seca

Sometimes I go on 2 wheels (on my way to Labrador City)

Somewhere in NC

Sometimes no wheels

toeknee

Growing up me and my old man restored quite a few classic/muscles cars. We would restore one, sell it, buy a project car....rinse, repeat. We've done projects like 57 Chevy Bel Air, 68 mustang fastbacks, 66 mustang coupes, chevy novas, mercury cougar, a couple different old vettes, 1953 ford coupe, Usually muscle cars, once we traded a 1958 pro street chevy pickup for a 96 saleen mustang just to switch it up. I can't remember all the different cars we did anymore. I'm 31 now and would like to get into the hobby but don't quite have the funds yet.

jamie carmichael

Wow guys some awesome cars on here. I knew there had to be at least a few car guys on here lol. toeknee the hobby is quite expensive and addictive but the results pay for it, they really do.

fish time

We have a mustang from the the 1967 , yeah I hate it that when we drive it , everyone around the sidewalks and everywhere all stare over at the car and I don't like to much attention!

abc123userabc123

Car enthusiast here!!

JoeCamaro

MikeRad89 said:
American muscle cars are my thing.
Same here!
My first car was a (beater) 1971 Chevelle, then I owned a 1975 Camaro. I was in college when I owned those, there were 30 years old when I got them (I was born in the 80's).

I now own a 2016 Camaro RS

My dream car is a 1979 Trans Am/Firebird, but I love most American sports cars. I grew up with a Dodge Viper GTS poster on my wall and hundreds of Hot Wheels everywhere.

alicia_lynn

Not exactly a car 'guy' but still love my Mustang

DarkOne

I guess you need snow tires in Canada, eh?

alicia_lynn

Oh for sure, even with the snow tires and weight in the back it's still a little tail-happy around the corners lol

jamie carmichael

Awesome guys!! I like American muscle but have respect for all different car groups, they are all unique and should be respected!

JoeCamaro

jamie carmichael said:
Awesome guys!! I like American muscle but have respect for all different car groups, they are all unique and should be respected!
I agree. It's just a matter of preference (and affordability. I wish I had a Viper, but can only afford a Camaro for now )

Gypsy13

AlphaRomeo said:
Have you seen the alpha Romeo ice ballet commercial? Think it’s one of my all time fave car commercials!

JoeCamaro said:
Same here!
My first car was a (beater) 1971 Chevelle, then I owned a 1975 Camaro. I was in college when I owned those, there were 30 years old when I got them (I was born in the 80's).

I now own a 2016 Camaro RS

My dream car is a 1979 Trans Am/Firebird, but I love most American sports cars. I grew up with a Dodge Viper GTS poster on my wall and hundreds of Hot Wheels everywhere.
I had a 1970 Chevelle SS ragtop. Candy apple red, white stripes n top. Totally awesome dream car! And let’s just say it wasn't thirty years old when I got it! Lol.

I love cars from the fifties and sixties. Some from the seventies. Other than the Chevelle my thing was hatchbacks. Had the Pinto (cute), Hornet (more power) and a Vega (totally cool body). And doing upholstery I got to play with a LOT of fifty six n seven chevys. Rebuilt a thirty two sport coupe and even made a trundle seat for it. Ahhh, those were the days. Oh! Can’t forget hubby’s El Camino SS. That car could fly!

forestwind1234

I have a white and black 51' chevy 3100 that I've been restoring for the last year.
Once my dad and I finish the bed it'll be ready.

Gypsy13

forestwind1234 said:
I have a white and black 51' chevy 3100 that I've been restoring for the last year.
Once my dad and I finish the bed it'll be ready.
Got pics? You know car peeps need pics!

goldface

Not really a car guy, but I do want to say this: Luxury > Muscle.

DarkOne

My F150 is the first American vehicle I've ever bought. I've looked before but they all seemed to have fisher price controls and plastic everywhere (mostly not well fitted). I got the FX4 over the Lariat because it was mostly to haul bikes, either in the bed or with a trailer, and needed off road ability more than luxury. I got it pretty much loaded and it's the most luxurious vehicle I've ever owned too. Better than my M3 in features and that was loaded too. I had a 4runner that I used to haul bikes but it was a pain to pull out my trailer to haul 1 or 2 dirt bikes so that was the main reason to get a pickup.

3 bikes

xloe

fish time said:
We have a mustang from the the 1967 , yeah I hate it that when we drive it , everyone around the sidewalks and everywhere all stare over at the car and I don't like to much attention!
That's like marrying a supermodel and complaining about her being oogled.

Shawn3210

My current ride. 2016 5.0 with headers, exhaust, intake

My old prerunner tundra with long travel suspension

And my current r6 trackbike that I wasted too much money on

forestwind1234

Gypsy13 said:
Got pics? You know car peeps need pics!
It's in the shop getting the engine tuned right now. If my dad got it today while I was at school I'll upload some pics.

86 ssinit

I’ve had my share of American cars 72 chevelle with a 396, 67 Mustang and a 66 cutlass as classics. All great cars but they couldn’t turn. 74 Camaro that allways needed work a 2001 Monte Carlo ss that drove like a champ . That car did everything right just a well made car I took care of. Went to trade it in and the dealer offered me 2k more for my son 99 Camry. Go figure?? I went foreign after that. New toy

Gypsy13

Had to post couple pics. Red car our friends in Florida just lost in a fire. The Jeep belongs to Pops. The yellow Harley is my hubby’s dream cycle. (I picked it out).

2211Nighthawk

Love my Camaros and the 2014+ corvettes. Don’t have a specific year in mind, I like a couple of the various years. The new ‘vettes I drool over and it’s pretty obvious. Never owed a “fancy” car but my current love interest is my behemoth 1979 Lincoln Continental Towncar. Your fancy ones may out run it but mine would win in a fight. that thing is a pig. I love that car to death. It’s a work in progress and unfortunately I know almost nothing about cars that I would be able to do any of the work myself. Ugh. My current every day car is a Chevy cruise (standard) but I’m waiting to pay it off cause I’m DYING to get my hands on a pick up truck again.

Gypsy13

2211Nighthawk said:
Love my Camaros and the 2014+ corvettes. Don’t have a specific year in mind, I like a couple of the various years. The new ‘vettes I drool over and it’s pretty obvious. Never owed a “fancy” car but my current love interest is my behemoth 1979 Lincoln Continental Towncar. Your fancy ones may out run it but mine would win in a fight. that thing is a pig. I love that car to death. It’s a work in progress and unfortunately I know almost nothing about cars that I would be able to do any of the work myself. Ugh. My current every day car is a Chevy cruise (standard) but I’m waiting to pay it off cause I’m DYING to get my hands on a pick up truck again.
If I had my Pinto I’d play chicken with your Lincoln! Lol
We had a Lincoln rag top with suicide doors. Just didn’t have enough money to restore it. And today, my idea of a fancy luxury car is called my king size bed.

HORNET1

My '07 Saturn Sky Redline Turbo.
I've owned this car since new.
Perhaps you can see where I came up with my username and avatar.

Gypsy13

HORNET1 said:

I can’t see it but I remember this car! Is it the green and black or yellow and black. I’m hoping the yellow. I love that car! Pretty.

HORNET1

Gypsy13 said:
I can’t see it but I remember this car! Is it the green and black or yellow and black. I’m hoping the yellow. I love that car! Pretty.
It's yellow and black.
I don't understand why you can't see it.

This is my '03 Mustang 2+2 Commemorative

Click this link for top-down view:

Gypsy13

HORNET1 said:
It's yellow and black.
I don't understand why you can't see it.
I’m blind as a dead bat. Lol

JoeCamaro

HORNET1 said:

MORE PICS: Dave's 2007 Saturn Sky
Cool!
I had a Saturn Sky too, but it was base, not Redline. Loved it a lot though. Fun car. It was grey, I made a custom stripe and it had 20" rims.

fish time

How about this?

JoeCamaro

fish time

Lol thanks I think it is a 1967

It can't be driven yet, we don't have the papers yet for it

david1978

My parents neighbor has a 1978 nova rally ss all original 4 4 2 car. I have been trying to get her to part with it since before I was old enough to drive. I'm a ford guy but that would be awsome to have.

86 ssinit

Yes 67. Had it in a darker red. Nice car!!!! Good luck with it!! What engine?

david1978

its a 350 with a 4 barrel, 4 speed hatch back. Less then 30,000 miles. Bean garage kept since 1982. Grey with black racing stripes. Its in almost showroom condition body wise. Rare and perfect is what best describes this car. Sadly it hasnt been started since 1982.

fish time

I'm not sure what engine its my dads I will check and keep you updated though

Fanatic

JoeCamaro
Must be fun driving that baby down to the LFS!

Here’s my father’s 2016 Corvette

JoeCamaro

Fanatic said:
JoeCamaro
Must be fun driving that baby down to the LFS!

Here’s my father’s 2016 Corvette
Whoa! Love it!

forestwind1234

This is my baby. She’s still not done even though the estimate was november ha

86 ssinit

Great looking truck!!! Hottest market in classic cars now. Everybody wants an old truck!!! Good luck with it. Lights in grill look good! Is it a restomod?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom