Car Guys/girls?

Discussion in 'Our Other Interests' started by jamie carmichael, Feb 20, 2018.

1. jamie carmichaelWell Known MemberMember

I am a huge car addict and would like to know if any other aquarists out there have love for cars too. I've heard that weirdly these two hobbys are linked but there's only one way to know. Btw any car guys I don't mind I have respect for all cars but my personal favourite my dads 07 e63 amg. That thing is a beast!

2. CanadianJoehWell Known MemberMember

Love cars, I know very little about them, though.

I've always liked the idea of buying a Spitfire, someday.

3. MikeRad89Well Known MemberMember

American muscle cars are my thing.

4. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

I have been a diesel mechanic all my life and finally got one to have fun with. Always been into cars but a gas engine to keep it meeting emissions is so limiting so only so much you can. Finally got a diesel truck. 2004 f250 6.0. Rebuilt injectors to 125%. Intake. 4" straight exhaust. Only successful trip down the 1/4 mile it ran 13.3 seconds on borrowed slicks. Running 33 11.5 mud diggers now. Right now I probably have about $5000 in the motor. Black smoke don't mean it's broke. Lol.

5. jamie carmichaelWell Known MemberMember

Woah mad! You're rolling coal lol. It costs a fortune to own cars with big engines here. What do you guys think on downsizing like have you heard about the new s class 2.2 diesel hybrid! In a car that big! Mercedes and many other brands have been going downhill which is a shame. The last best models they mad in my opinion were from 2006-2009 those were some amazing years for Benz.

6. glenCOCOValued MemberMember

I was able to track down my dads 85 Toyota Celica Supra and get it back. My mom sold it when he passed away in 88. It was in pretty bad shape and with a blown 2jz. I wanted to do a showroom restoration, just how it looked when my dad bought it. I swapped out the 2jz with the stock 5m and now I’m regretting it. Now the plan is resto-mod. I’m currently in the market for a twin turbo 2jz to swap in. The engine is easy part, trying to restore the body of this thing is pretty frustrating. There’s no market for this car, so you’re stuck looking for NOS at crazy prices or you have to find supra hoarders and hope that you’re not too late. I envy how easy the muscle car scene has it sometimes.

7. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

Mercedes is too high dollar for me. Lol. Only thing with building something up. It never stops. Since I bought the program to tune the computer myself now the truck drops fuel pressure at 400 feet and shuts off. A sump and new fuel pump is next. One of these days I might get brave enough to do a full boosted 4x4 launch. I have done it on dirt roads and it is violent.

2jz motors are around. Blown up but around.

8. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

I'm not much of a car guy but I don't mind doing the small stuff to save a buck or two. Few years ago my Mercedes c230 needed new breaks and rotors and the quotes I got were $900-$1200. I did research and did my own breaks and rotors. Really easy and only cost me $300 and a few hours.

After that I felt like a real man and wanted to build a house.

9. jamie carmichaelWell Known MemberMember

We should make a plan for an aquarium inside a car! Has anyone seen the latest Grand tour episode? James may is mixing salt with a refractometer. That's when you know you're in an awesome hobby. He was using instant ocean and a hydrometer lol.

Also any thought on my new car ill be able to drive soon in around a year or two and im thinking of a Toyota gt86 and have already found a supercharger for it LOL - Hks by the way - i know it is really common but it is a great car and its really easy to mod. I was goi9ng to go for an a class but finding mods for that would be like finding a needle in a haystack!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2018
  10. AlphaRomeoNew MemberMember

11. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

146719D3-E897-4986-9DF2-73175EED4841.jpeg050A7ED2-8770-4050-A37E-1EC113B1ADB7.jpeg This thread needs more pictures.

12. DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

Current vehicle is a '10 F150.
    Washed2.jpg

Me at Willow Springs
    BobbyWSIR.jpg

And Laguna Seca
    Bobby_LS_T8.jpg

Sometimes I go on 2 wheels (on my way to Labrador City)
    IMG_0953.JPG

Somewhere in NC
    KTM 1920x1200.jpg

Sometimes no wheels :p
    foursq.jpg

13. toekneeWell Known MemberMember

Growing up me and my old man restored quite a few classic/muscles cars. We would restore one, sell it, buy a project car....rinse, repeat. We've done projects like 57 Chevy Bel Air, 68 mustang fastbacks, 66 mustang coupes, chevy novas, mercury cougar, a couple different old vettes, 1953 ford coupe, Usually muscle cars, once we traded a 1958 pro street chevy pickup for a 96 saleen mustang just to switch it up. I can't remember all the different cars we did anymore. I'm 31 now and would like to get into the hobby but dont quite have the funds yet.

14. jamie carmichaelWell Known MemberMember

Wow guys some awesome cars on here. I knew there had to be at least a few car guys on here lol. @toeknee the hobby is quite expensive and addictive but the results pay for it, they really do.

15. fish timeWell Known MemberMember

We have a mustang from the the 1967 , yeah i hate it that when we drive it , everyone around the sidewalks and everywhere all stare over at the car and i dont like to much attention!

16. abc123userabc123Valued MemberMember

Car enthusiast here!!

17. JoeCamaroWell Known MemberMember

Same here!
    My first car was a (beater) 1971 Chevelle, then I owned a 1975 Camaro. I was in college when I owned those, there were 30 years old when I got them (I was born in the 80's).

I now own a 2016 Camaro RS
    2lc7o2b.jpg

348pq94.jpg

My dream car is a 1979 Trans Am/Firebird, but I love most American sports cars. I grew up with a Dodge Viper GTS poster on my wall and hundreds of Hot Wheels everywhere.

18. alicia_lynnValued MemberMember

Not exactly a car 'guy' but still love my Mustang IMG_20180330_182606.jpg

19. DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

I guess you need snow tires in Canada, eh? :p

20. alicia_lynnValued MemberMember

Oh for sure, even with the snow tires and weight in the back it's still a little tail-happy around the corners lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice