Car Guys/girls?

OP
jamie carmichael

jamie carmichael

Well Known
Reaction score
Awesome guys!! I like American muscle but have respect for all different car groups, they are all unique and should be respected!

JoeCamaro

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jamie carmichael said:
Awesome guys!! I like American muscle but have respect for all different car groups, they are all unique and should be respected!
I agree. It's just a matter of preference (and affordability. I wish I had a Viper, but can only afford a Camaro for now )

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AlphaRomeo said:
Have you seen the alpha Romeo ice ballet commercial? Think it’s one of my all time fave car commercials!

JoeCamaro said:
Same here!
My first car was a (beater) 1971 Chevelle, then I owned a 1975 Camaro. I was in college when I owned those, there were 30 years old when I got them (I was born in the 80's).

I now own a 2016 Camaro RS
2lc7o2b.jpg

348pq94.jpg

My dream car is a 1979 Trans Am/Firebird, but I love most American sports cars. I grew up with a Dodge Viper GTS poster on my wall and hundreds of Hot Wheels everywhere.
I had a 1970 Chevelle SS ragtop. Candy apple red, white stripes n top. Totally awesome dream car! And let’s just say it wasn't thirty years old when I got it! Lol.

I love cars from the fifties and sixties. Some from the seventies. Other than the Chevelle my thing was hatchbacks. Had the Pinto (cute), Hornet (more power) and a Vega (totally cool body). And doing upholstery I got to play with a LOT of fifty six n seven chevys. Rebuilt a thirty two sport coupe and even made a trundle seat for it. Ahhh, those were the days. Oh! Can’t forget hubby’s El Camino SS. That car could fly!

forestwind1234

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a white and black 51' chevy 3100 that I've been restoring for the last year.
Once my dad and I finish the bed it'll be ready.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
forestwind1234 said:
I have a white and black 51' chevy 3100 that I've been restoring for the last year.
Once my dad and I finish the bed it'll be ready.
Got pics? You know car peeps need pics!

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Not really a car guy, but I do want to say this: Luxury > Muscle.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My F150 is the first American vehicle I've ever bought. I've looked before but they all seemed to have fisher price controls and plastic everywhere (mostly not well fitted). I got the FX4 over the Lariat because it was mostly to haul bikes, either in the bed or with a trailer, and needed off road ability more than luxury. I got it pretty much loaded and it's the most luxurious vehicle I've ever owned too. Better than my M3 in features and that was loaded too. I had a 4runner that I used to haul bikes but it was a pain to pull out my trailer to haul 1 or 2 dirt bikes so that was the main reason to get a pickup.

IMG_2384.JPG

IMAG0041.jpg

3 bikes
IMG_0054.JPG

xloe

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fish time said:
We have a mustang from the the 1967 , yeah I hate it that when we drive it , everyone around the sidewalks and everywhere all stare over at the car and I don't like to much attention!
That's like marrying a supermodel and complaining about her being oogled.

Shawn3210

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My current ride. 2016 5.0 with headers, exhaust, intake
5872A349-004D-4A47-BD43-BAA3534694EF.jpeg

My old prerunner tundra with long travel suspension

0FFDAE35-386D-4B36-BEDF-3569D8105F64.jpeg

And my current r6 trackbike that I wasted too much money on
78A019FB-F596-4CCA-8E9D-CC07C07D6241.jpeg

forestwind1234

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Gypsy13 said:
Got pics? You know car peeps need pics!
It's in the shop getting the engine tuned right now. If my dad got it today while I was at school I'll upload some pics.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
5547DFB5-719C-452E-BFD3-95287B528DFB.jpeg

I’ve had my share of American cars 72 chevelle with a 396, 67 Mustang and a 66 cutlass as classics. All great cars but they couldn’t turn. 74 Camaro that allways needed work a 2001 Monte Carlo ss that drove like a champ . That car did everything right just a well made car I took care of. Went to trade it in and the dealer offered me 2k more for my son 99 Camry. Go figure?? I went foreign after that. New toy

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Love my Camaros and the 2014+ corvettes. Don’t have a specific year in mind, I like a couple of the various years. The new ‘vettes I drool over and it’s pretty obvious. Never owed a “fancy” car but my current love interest is my behemoth 1979 Lincoln Continental Towncar. Your fancy ones may out run it but mine would win in a fight. that thing is a pig. I love that car to death. It’s a work in progress and unfortunately I know almost nothing about cars that I would be able to do any of the work myself. Ugh. My current every day car is a Chevy cruise (standard) but I’m waiting to pay it off cause I’m DYING to get my hands on a pick up truck again.
28DD4D99-09B8-43FF-89FC-5F29BA31974B.png

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
2211Nighthawk said:
Love my Camaros and the 2014+ corvettes. Don’t have a specific year in mind, I like a couple of the various years. The new ‘vettes I drool over and it’s pretty obvious. Never owed a “fancy” car but my current love interest is my behemoth 1979 Lincoln Continental Towncar. Your fancy ones may out run it but mine would win in a fight. that thing is a pig. I love that car to death. It’s a work in progress and unfortunately I know almost nothing about cars that I would be able to do any of the work myself. Ugh. My current every day car is a Chevy cruise (standard) but I’m waiting to pay it off cause I’m DYING to get my hands on a pick up truck again.
28DD4D99-09B8-43FF-89FC-5F29BA31974B.png
If I had my Pinto I’d play chicken with your Lincoln! Lol
We had a Lincoln rag top with suicide doors. Just didn’t have enough money to restore it. And today, my idea of a fancy luxury car is called my king size bed.

HORNET1

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My '07 Saturn Sky Redline Turbo.
I've owned this car since new.
Perhaps you can see where I came up with my username and avatar.
Redline_7_1_2.jpg

Redline_18_ksHwn8j_1.jpg

engine_1.jpg

Attachments

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HORNET1 said:
Redline_7_1_2.jpg

Redline_18_ksHwn8j_1.jpg
I can’t see it but I remember this car! Is it the green and black or yellow and black. I’m hoping the yellow. I love that car! Pretty.

HORNET1

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gypsy13 said:
I can’t see it but I remember this car! Is it the green and black or yellow and black. I’m hoping the yellow. I love that car! Pretty.
It's yellow and black.
I don't understand why you can't see it.

This is my '03 Mustang 2+2 Commemorative
top_up_2.jpg

Click this link for top-down view:

trophies_003_2.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR MORE PICS: Mustang 2+2 Commemorative

JoeCamaro

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
HORNET1 said:
Redline_7_1_2.jpg

Redline_18_ksHwn8j_1.jpg

engine_1.jpg

MORE PICS: Dave's 2007 Saturn Sky
Cool!
I had a Saturn Sky too, but it was base, not Redline. Loved it a lot though. Fun car. It was grey, I made a custom stripe and it had 20" rims.

New Threads