36gal Stocking

Lysaell

My plans are finally solidifying! It's been a bit, but I finally feel comfortable with going ahead and stocking my tank. It's been minimally stocked for a while now, so time to figure out a final plan.

Current stock...
1x 1.5" bristlenose
1x female platy (any fry she drops will be rehomed)

Technically, there is an Angel in there at the moment. Unfortunately he is too aggressive for a community tank set up. I knew it could happen and, well, took my chances when I decided to bring him home. The LFS I purchased him from offered when I bought him that he could always be brought back for store credit when I voiced my concern. I'll miss the little dude, but I'm done with potentially aggressive set ups for a while, and don't have any other tanks to shuffle him into.

BUT! Here is what I do know I want to stock with.
x6-10 Cherry Barbs
x10 Rummies (this is slightly tentative due to availability/local pricing, and I may end up with a slightly different schooling fish)
x6 Bronze Cories

It's my centerpiece I'm struggling with! Some ideas I was playing around with was 3 Pearl GourmaI (1m2f) or a similar sized group of Honey Gourmai, but I thought I would explore more possibilities. Shoot some ideas at me!

Amazoniantanklvr

I have two angels in a 36 and neither are very aggressive. Go to Aqua huna they have cheap rummies and cheap shipping. Ud pay $3.50 a fish including shipping. don't add Cherry barbs one large school is enough. you could bump the rummy nose tetra number to 15 (ud have to buy 5 localy b/c aqua huna sells in packs). An angel for a centerpiece!! I know u already have a really aggressive one but usually they are semi-aggressive. if it grew up with ur stock it would see them as friends not food. u could also do a pair of keyhole cichlids.

All my suguestions are South American because I like biotope tanks.

Lysaell

I have two angels in a 36 and neither are very aggressive. Go to Aqua huna they have cheap rummies and cheap shipping. Ud pay $3.50 a fish including shipping. don't add Cherry barbs one large school is enough. you could bump the rummy nose tetra number to 15 (ud have to buy 5 localy b/c aqua huna sells in packs). An angel for a centerpiece!! I know u already have a really aggressive one but usually they are semi-aggressive. if it grew up with ur stock it would see them as friends not food. u could also do a pair of keyhole cichlids.

All my suguestions are South American because I like biotope tanks.

Thank you! I checked out AquaHuna, and in the future if I’m not able to go to my LFS I’ll for sure use it. Luckily for me, I have an absolutely giant LFS local to me (The Fish Place, Buffalo NY. Great place)

You see, I would honestly love to have an Angelfish centerpiece, but I’m very hesitant. Even if I get a much younger one (there was some tiny stunning blue fellas in my LFS just yesterday haha), I’ve heard stories about aggression not “kicking in” until maturity and that makes me slightly nervous. I will put some more thought into it though.

A rummy school that size would be pretty impressive! I’ve had a school of 6? I believe a couple years ago and just that was great.

Amazoniantanklvr

Neither of mine are very aggressive like I said. The only aggression is between the two of them (my larger one shows my smaller one whos boss). You could buy a adult angel from form somebody. you could observe its behavior in their tank and then buy it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Teishokue
  • Question
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
BilboSwaggins
Replies