Grazers For Various Marine Algae

TRAILRIDER

So my little 28 gallon nano cube now has 45 pounds of live rock covered in all kinds of pretty coralline algae and also various kinds of marine algae. Some of the algae looks like red trees, some like bunches of grass, some is bubble type algae in green or red, some looks like green lettuce....a bit of everything. I have two fish, a striped maroon clown with a bubble tip anemone and a single cardinal fish. Also a couple dozen various hermit crabs and snails. The lights are on 8 hours a day.
What kind of clean up crew would I need for this tank? I'm wondering if there is a fish that would enjoy the algae in its diet? But the tank is way too small for something like a fox face? Any smaller fish?

Jesterrace

A tailspot blenny would probably be the best option.

TRAILRIDER

algae.jpg

Here's a pic of the type of algae I am dealing with....its kind of interesting. Not ugly. But it could get out of hand!

coralbandit

I would introduce a algae blenny and manually remove as much as possible.
Is an algae scrubber possible in your set up ?

TRAILRIDER

Thank you jesterrace. I looked them up. What a cute face! Are they generally kept one to a tank?

Yes, coralbandit. I can us an algae scrubber. But this is really tough algae for some reason?

coralbandit

I meant Turf algae scrubber ..

They allow you to grow algae out of sight ..Therefore are an excellent nutrient export set up ..

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Kassh4815
Replies
Views
kangadrew
Replies
Views