Ghost Shrimp Photos Only

Aquarist

Please use this topic to post your Ghost Shrimp photos. I'll leave it stickied so it appears at the top of the posts.

Thanks,
Mike (Ken)

-----

Please use your own photos, and not material from the internet.

Please post your photos as attachments, rather than links.

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks!

Ken

FISHSCALE ROB

some wild ghost shrimp ive caught and have had for a few weeks,alot of them have gotten pregnant.
some have molted and the others will eat there old shell.

njordr

She just came out of hiding and she's berried!

njordr

Wow how on earth did you get them to have such a beautiful green colour of them?

Finally they actually hatch and live for more than 2 days.

Gracee

little life

Pls identify this shrimp for me... when it was small it looked like a normal ghost at the beginning, but later on it became black.

konstargirl

My friend recently gave me a ghost shrimp. I call him shrimpie. So fr he doesn't look transparent right now.Not sure why. Here is him before he started to change to a whitish color

emmynk

here's a huge ghostie I got today! He's like and inch and a half +

daalvaind

Berried Ghostie

buda2u

nice little pic of one of my ghosties chillin on a fern

Crazycatfishlady

keeleymcook

My new guy looks happy

FullyCaffeinated

Linwood

Just stumbled across this thread and took this shot to show someone the eggs.

Is pregnant the right word?

By the way, anyone know what the white spots are? If you want the full high-res version to look at them it's here:
Disease? Something prior to shedding?

Linwood

She's got to be almost ready to give birth. They appear to be about to escape anyway. Click to look at the larger , or if you want full resolution go here:

In that if you zoom in the ones about to fall from the bottom look like some kind of upside down ghosts from the old Pac-Man game.

Linwood

And here's a baby from one of the pregnant shrimp. Released in the last few hours. unfortunately through both aquarium glass and also plastic as I have a breeding tank inside.

sliderdkp

His name is Survivor. He's made it through 3 tank changes!

Delaneyw

Nom nom on a red fish flake.

oOBlueOo

BullRider

I just realized this is where folks are posting photos. I'm posting my ghostie favorites here while the rest will be in the gallery. (Click the to get to the gallery and then again to see full size.)

hollie1505

King of the River Shrimp Castle!

BullRider

X-Rays

During the shoot, this guy swam into the picture so call it a two-for-one x-ray:

A few moments later, he reached out with his claws to her and she flicked him right in the face.

Needless to say the shoot was over.

TheWalkingMom

Heavily berried big mama I saw at PetSmart today! Almost got her but she looked scary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Watts Mason

BullRider

I just ended up a photo with a sharp view of an eye.
I'm sure someone with a real macro could do better but I still thought it was neat and figured someone else might enjoy.

Lunammortem

A

BullRider

This photo just came so clear (no pun intended when describing a ghost shrimp) that I just had to share it here.

Click on it to see it at full resolution in the gallery.

(Well, it's actually reduced to 1920x1080 just to keep the file size reasonable...)

Genavelle

Junne

Taken with my android phone. Every time I pull out the Nikon with my Macro, the little guy "disappears"

It was a black Friday "freebie" I can't seem to get a "clear" shot.... pardon the pun

BullRider

Ghostie close-up video

I figured it was time for another ghostie photo but decided on a video closeup of a female cleaning and digesting. View full screen 1080 if you can for all the details.

Enjoy!

marissaayla

BullRider

Does a ghostie turn red when eating a RCS ?

Does a ghostie turn red when eating a red cherry shrimp?
Yup.

Every once in a while, it seems that a ghostie will attack a red cherry for a convenient meal. It's nature. It's what they do.

Moments after this photo was taken, the ghostie in the foreground stole the other ones meal away. Again, it's what they do!

And don't worry, the red cherrys are happy to make more... I've got PLENTY!

Anyhow, I just though this photo was interesting in how well the red color showed. Enjoy!

Added: I saw this other photo in my camera and thought it was kinda fun, two ghosties fighting. Why? I'm sure they have a reason. Perhaps the shrimp on the right is protecting the lone blue rock!

Bithimala

It seems I could use some suggestions on how to photograph these guys well, but in the mean time, here is one of my new little guys who has decided the betta log is NOT FOR BETTAS!!!

Aquaphobia

Not the clearest but it was pretty cool to have a side-on view of a berried ghost shrimp fanning her eggs!

allikaitor

I'm gonna be a grandma!

Lunnapr11

So many expensive and exotic fishes, but none has the flare and charisma of a $0.33 Ghost Shrimp! Meet "Future", he has 2 other ghost brothers; "Past" and "Present"...

Timmy1027

F.F.

wrs2

She caught and ate a feeder guppy!

Lacey D

Picked up 3 Ghosties to be an endler-cleanup crew. All three were berried >_< A few days in I can only find 2 at any one time, and one is no longer carrying eggs. If they hatched and the babies were lucky enough to end up in the java moss they MIGHT make it...we'll see, I guess.

Hoping to breed shrimp later, but that wasn't the plan at this moment. Sorry little guys!

UPDATE: Not only are all 3 doing fine, but at least some babies survived I see a tiny one skittering around from time to time, and last time I did a massive water change/tank clean-up, I moved a log to find about a dozen little ones under it. So with luck some will survive long enough to become big shrimp and keep everything going

fish time

This may sound strange but every time I have to do tank maintaince and if any of my ghost shrimp get near me I don't let them touch my hand I have a ghost shrimp phobia of ghost shrimp touching me but other shrimp I'm fine with

ShilohStardust

Linwood said:
And here's a baby from one of the pregnant shrimp. Released in the last few hours. unfortunately through both aquarium glass and also plastic as I have a breeding tank inside.

Here's a link to the full resolution shot if interested:

Wow! Incredible shot! They are so tiny when first born it’s amazing you were able to capture that

midna

bringing this thread back. a few recent photos of one of my new ghoul boys, shane.

midna

more photos of the ghoul boys

erinw347

I have kept neos for a little while but I got my first ghost shrimp today! I impulsively bought 5 of them (so they’re happy in a group) and added them in the shrimp tank. If they bother my neos though I may have to move them to live with my betta.

rainbowsprinkles

I’m kind of obsessed with mine- they are so fun to watch.

rainbowsprinkles

1.5g ghost shrimp setup

Valliry7

Ghost shrimp

Sdrocketman1

My ghost shrimp is a ham!

Valliry7

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom