Sunrise/sunset Photo Thread - Page 2

NanaW
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Thanks. Funny thing is I was born 400 yards from this spot hahaha.
In the field ????
 
DoubleDutch
Member
NanaW said:
In the field ????
Hahaha I knew you were gonna ask that.

No in a decent house hahaha. Demolished.
They should place a monument don't you think so " DoubleDutch was born here ".

My grandfather owned a lot of the land around here.
 
goldface
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Hahaha I knew you were gonna ask that.

No in a decent house hahaha. Demolished.
They should place a monument don't you think so " DoubleDutch was born here ".

My grandfather owned a lot of the land around here.
They should make a Don Quixote movie there.
 
NanaW
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Hahaha I knew you were gonna ask that.

No in a decent house hahaha. Demolished.
They should place a monument don't you think so " DoubleDutch was born here ".

My grandfather owned a lot of the land around here.
Heck yes they should, go put one up lol. the hospital I was born in is gone too it was a Navel Hospital if you climbed Bunker Hill Monument you could see it I think I heard it was a mall now
 
FergusDaFish
Member
I am just recently back from a vacation in Hawaii. This is a photo out the car window in KiheI on Maui.
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Not bad
964c125ddcb2d5de245897645487da49.jpg

070332f3e0ae6b488c7b026c78f86f15.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
Dawn Michele
Member
Gorgeous!!!
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
Sunrise this morning

2018-12-07 07.36.21.jpg

2018-12-07 07.39.21.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
NanaW
Member
DoubleDutch
Member
Sunrise above the IJssellake (the lake in the middle of our country).

It was a sea (Zuiderzee = Southern sea) but was closed in the fifties to prevent floods aso. Slowly it became fresh water.
10d7e89859782a6686f3913c17f615bf.jpg

85ec36ca590fd63cf4dafe323688d615.jpg
 
CanadianFishFan
Member
Found some more!

1pSM3y5ruRwrsMFMXU3vE6-2T9_bnMJsWktupweMr05pyYsdjvQGimRk4nk6T1LGwNaFEDl_NkbSFn3u1zr=w817-h610-no.jpg


r9TRhu1UsVJeIZkK1DygP12j0XdfZzCHuJd5m-61OyWkKKCnhw14po0svfoV1emavvTh79CyFAG_mcrVjR7=w817-h610-no.jpg


i8kTNJeS6KL_RPg9CyFQINGACVYcQDR65QSUlD5w8CW4dMjQDyF0TTToAsD8nTzc1dy9NJnYtJ0NqZCNLXk=w817-h610-no.jpg


9e8Pot41Y2dvOf8io2CX_gnzsYhick0ij7I9Hr2_vEtjoTzGV0q23c2D-2nN7uNWQ51EHKkjNCnKz52wjNu=w817-h610-no.jpg


QtOW1B5H3o3_nl5J3SjWKCmmrJIze15L6AvMfAzXp3cDaehvL4PHNswgJsr-vIIsjLanMUpJOLz5YjyEhdM=w817-h610-no.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Just made this one Freezing here.
1ac972e49fec6e527606ded8c137fadd.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
Not the prettiest but still pretty

2018-12-12 07.22.23.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Thanks Val for making this thread. Sunrises and sunsets are awesome.
Think we should them Valads
 
stella1979
Member
Great thread idea Val!! I hope I can add to it soon. Curious about your Florida/Cuba pics. You must have been quite nearby at sometime or another. Pretty sure Cuba is only a bit more than 100 miles away, (as the crow flies), from where I am currently sitting while writing this. I'd love to hear about your trip, and will make it a point to stay a little later, or get there a little earlier next time I am in the Glades. Sunset or sunrise over the sawgrass is needed in this thread.
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
stella1979 said:
Great thread idea Val!! I hope I can add to it soon. Curious about your Florida/Cuba pics. You must have been quite nearby at sometime or another. Pretty sure Cuba is only a bit more than 100 miles away, (as the crow flies), from where I am currently sitting while writing this. I'd love to hear about your trip, and will make it a point to stay a little later, or get there a little earlier next time I am in the Glades. Sunset or sunrise over the sawgrass is needed in this thread.
I was actually in the Florida Keys right before Cuba!! It was a cruise we did this summer shortly after I joined this forum. I think I actually might have a thread about my trip.. hold on one second

Edit: nope, call me a liar haha
 
stella1979
Member
Well dangit! The Florida Keys?!?!?? I'm just north of them now but Key Largo is my hometown!! Could'a had lunch or somethin'.
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
stella1979 said:
Well dangit! The Florida Keys?!?!?? I'm just north of them now but Key Largo is my hometown!! Could'a had lunch or somethin'.
I'm gonna go to my interview thread to talk about it so I don't take over this one haha
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Some other ValAds
0ef874a39caf4f2b4112934351e7e24b.jpg

8cd417c1765b05dca55270dbc108cc49.jpg

93975eff1be60a4762d86ba68aa2117f.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
Stupid power lines

2018-12-17 07.06.24.jpg

2018-12-17 07.07.06.jpg

2018-12-18 07.12.13.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
ValerieAdams said:
Stupid power lines

2018-12-17 07.06.24.jpg

2018-12-17 07.07.06.jpg

2018-12-18 07.12.13.jpg
Heyyyyy you copied that "tree-technic" of mine huh hahahaha.

Powerlines are here underground yahoooo
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Heyyyyy you copied that "tree-technic" of mine huh hahahaha.

Powerlines are here underground yahoooo
Haha yeah, kind of. This is just my front/side yard though lol.

I wish ours were underground! But then I'd probably never have power, like I never have internet
 
loyal
Member
so ima do a small hijack, these are all skyline pics from when I was in the navy. not all are sunrise/sets, but some are still pretty cool.


300x300.jpg

300x300 (3).jpg

300x300 (1).jpg

300x300 (2).jpg

300x300 (5).jpg

300x300 (7).jpg

300x300 (4).jpg

300x300 (8).jpg

300x300 (9).jpg

300x300 (11).jpg
 
loyal
Member
and the last 5 I had to share for now.. as it would only let me upload 10 and I wanted to share 15...
300x300 (12).jpg

300x300 (15).jpg

300x300 (14).jpg

300x300 (13).jpg

300x300 (10).jpg


300x300 (6).jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Some minutes ago.
d89703db75887df25044c6ed0f012fb9.jpg

2dc185c753da73fd6a6ae7cba30c34d9.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Some minutes ago.
d89703db75887df25044c6ed0f012fb9.jpg

2dc185c753da73fd6a6ae7cba30c34d9.jpg
Your photos are always stunning
 
Skavatar
Member
fishing at Seawolf Park

full.jpg


fishing at San Luis Pass

full.jpg


at home

full.jpg


Dewberry Farm

full.jpg


Dewberry Farm a few minutes later

full.jpg


Costco parking lot

full.jpg


edit Christmas Fishing at Surfside Jetty

full.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
There we go again. Our westcoast. I think I see your Christmas-trees glow.
b10e7a50e01573a6947285246fa23668.jpg

3b909e0bb26d4f261d4b50e0b60514d5.jpg

f23644b6e1b25ac659de81a873bb2316.jpg

86e33fc8cf84e2cb6e181e16b2a56473.jpg

90d5b0e055c06f656e6c74716d524a9a.jpg

5f97f9454f7efaec3b9a3bdec8f8787e.jpg
 
goldface
Member
Skavatar said:
fishing at Seawolf Park

full.jpg


fishing at San Luis Pass

full.jpg


at home

full.jpg


Dewberry Farm

full.jpg


Dewberry Farm a few minutes later

full.jpg


Costco parking lot

full.jpg
That's awesome. I used to live in Galveston and always went fishing. I usually went to the 61st St. pier on the seawall, because I lived within walking distance. Plus, the numerous jetties along the beach. It's cool I recognized San Luis Pass almost immediately, after 7 years. I loved Seawolf Park too. I still remember there were so many seatrout, whiting, and ribbonfish.
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Sunrise minus "sun"
4b99bd530f89be61a9d7abd14294e984.jpg

c0111a24da52bf3656035ba0b5ba511f.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Just made these
e3f0618a6d79cc6e66773ef699abf9a0.jpg

f508a84d8f28afdb44278c3cd36c3fb2.jpg

c2abdeadfefa1fc6efe37ab8843142f6.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
Uhhhh no sunrises or sunsets in the rest
of the world anymore? In Europe we still have !
48806d26589156481ea964ac3ec17901.jpg

edd98eb0b09550da92c8c5b624ae29ab.jpg
 
ShimmeryLuna
Member
Ooh, sunsets are one of my favourite things to photograph! There's just something so magical about the sky bursting into a beautiful cascade of warm oranges before transitioning into cool purples, and finally dying into greys as the day turns to night. On the flipside, the beautiful deep purples that eventually become pale blue at dawn are equally as magical. Sunsets and sunrises make me very emotional.

Here's a few of my favourites (out of hundreds) that I've photographed. (⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝)

20170114_211555.jpg


20151126_211132.jpg


20151023_201141.jpg



And a bonus sunrise (I think this one was taken last year when I was walking to the bus stop for school)!

20170727_074403.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
ShimmeryLuna said:
Ooh, sunsets are one of my favourite things to photograph! There's just something so magical about the sky bursting into a beautiful cascade of warm oranges before transitioning into cool purples, and finally dying into greys as the day turns to night. On the flipside, the beautiful deep purples that eventually become pale blue at dawn are equally as magical. Sunsets and sunrises make me very emotional.

Here's a few of my favourites (out of hundreds) that I've photographed. (⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝)

20170114_211555.jpg


20151126_211132.jpg


20151023_201141.jpg



And a bonus sunrise (I think this one was taken last year when I was walking to the bus stop for school)!

20170727_074403.jpg
Beautiful
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Uhhhh no sunrises or sunsets in the rest
of the world anymore? In Europe we still have !
48806d26589156481ea964ac3ec17901.jpg

edd98eb0b09550da92c8c5b624ae29ab.jpg
I've been going to work when it's dark still so I haven't seen many
 
stella1979
Member
DoubleDutch said:
Uhhhh no sunrises or sunsets in the rest
of the world anymore? In Europe we still have!
We always have sunrises and sunsets in South Florida DD! I would looove to share... but am often busy at home at these times of day, (gotta feed those kiddos before and after a busy day), and boo, I'm too deep in the city, so sunrise and sunset are not easily seen from home. Plans are in the works though folks. If the darn government shutdown doesn't hold us back, we'll be camping near the ocean in about a week, and I will do my very best to take halfway decent shots then. Believe me, this thread has been on my mind when I think of our upcoming camping trip.
 
DoubleDutch
Member
"sunrise" this morning and "sunset" this afternoon.
cfd948da5b11975b5839fdde4c7812b9.jpg

367c42ae9f087723e4f65243244be2cb.jpg
 
Jay15
Member
DoubleDutch said:
"sunrise" this morning and "sunset" this afternoon.
cc5dff0ada7228283e7e57190fc3605d.jpg

ad88f79bd42de60afcc28d013ad1c317.jpg
Beautiful!
 
DoubleDutch
Member
DoubleDutch
Member
Not a sunrise but the fog / frost did give a nice effect.
371d53927f64bfef98b27a658a5ca8f1.jpg
 
stella1979
Member
Yay! I finally have pics for this thread. Wish I had more and I definitely wanted waterfront pics. Let's just say the weather was not ideal for camping on the beach. Anyhow, here's sunrise just before a storm rolled in to Flamingo, Florida.

2019-01-21-15-12-10.jpg

2019-01-21-15-13-11.jpg


Edit: May as well put these here too. Just a pretty spot on our hike. The expanse looks much smaller in photos.

2019-01-21-15-09-50.jpg


The trailhead for the 7 mile hike to Clubhouse Beach.

2019-01-21-15-11-07.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
stella1979 said:
Yay! I finally have pics for this thread. Wish I had more and I definitely wanted waterfront pics. Let's just say the weather was not ideal for camping on the beach. Anyhow, here's sunrise just before a storm rolled in to Flamingo, Florida.

2019-01-21-15-12-10.jpg

2019-01-21-15-13-11.jpg


Edit: May as well put these here too. Just a pretty spot on our hike. The expanse looks much smaller in photos.

2019-01-21-15-09-50.jpg


The trailhead for the 7 mile hike to Clubhouse Beach.

2019-01-21-15-11-07.jpg
really awesome.
Made this one this afternoon and this evening. No sunset in the last one but frozen canals. First Speedskatingmatch on natural ice this evening (every year a match between several town who's first able to organise. 4 cm of ice needed)
e8b59402ad36b93d7e92f4deb77d9575.jpg

6edf91d612ba1f06b4b787a2bd316b77.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
On my way to go get coffee this morning, stupid power lines always get in the way. I didn't get the best pictures of it, but it was still pretty!

2019-01-22 07.29.45.jpg

2019-01-22 07.31.03.jpg
 
DoubleDutch
Member
ValerieAdams said:
On my way to go get coffee this morning, stupid power lines always get in the way. I didn't get the best pictures of it, but it was still pretty!

2019-01-22 07.29.45.jpg

2019-01-22 07.31.03.jpg
The bridge looks awesome !!!!
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
DoubleDutch said:
The bridge looks awesome !!!!
I wish I would've got some better pictures of it! That bridge/the river has some seriously gorgeous photos. Let me see if I can find some of them

None of these are mine but here are some cool bridge shots of that particular bridge:
:
:
:
:

Here's some other pictures from around Marietta, also not mine:
:
:
:
:
:
 
stella1979
Member
ValerieAdams said:
On my way to go get coffee this morning, stupid power lines always get in the way. I didn't get the best pictures of it, but it was still pretty!

2019-01-22 07.29.45.jpg

2019-01-22 07.31.03.jpg
Stupid power lines! I think that often too, but love the pics anyway. What is the structure in the background that looks sort of like a really tall lamp post?

Funny DD, I wikied the word 'Spire' to see if Val's structure could fit the bill. Hmm, I don't think it does but look what I found! A lovely example at a Netherlands university.
Spire - Wikipedia
 
Giul
Member
These are from Southern California, this thread just made me realize I’ve been working during too many sunsets
 
  • Thread Starter
ValerieAdams
Member
stella1979 said:
Stupid power lines! I think that often too, but love the pics anyway. What is the structure in the background that looks sort of like a really tall lamp post?

Funny DD, I wikied the word 'Spire' to see if Val's structure could fit the bill. Hmm, I don't think it does but look what I found! A lovely example at a Netherlands university.
Spire - Wikipedia
It's actually the fountain of the last picture I linked from google! :
 

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom