Snail photos - Page 14

Elice

This is Hans, my mystery snail, defending his Algae wafers from fish poachers (pun intended). There was a super cute minute where it actually looked like he was holding onto the wafer for dear life, but I couldn't get my camera in time.

JasmineMcG

My golden snail

NLindsey921

Snail pile!!!
I got ramshorns and mysterys. Maybe even some pond snails and mts. Kinda hard to tell. Was rearranging the tank so they are all kinda mad at me right now.

NLindsey921

Snail pile!!!
I got ramshorns and mysterys. Maybe even some pond snails and mts. Kinda hard to tell. Was rearranging the tank so they are all kinda mad at me right now.

JLeeM

One of my tiger nerites and zebra nerites hanging out together.

ladyrivermouse

I guess they didn't like me vacuuming the gravel today

MN Mike

I have 2 mystery, 3 nerite and some hitchhiked trumpets that I have just discovered... But I saw this today and now have to lower my water level and build something for the mystery snail female to lay eggs... I have a feeling that they were mating.

Keystone

Assassins...

DoubleDutch

Assassinconvention

Tsin21

Here are my Black Devil Snails (Faunus ater) with some juvenile red ramshorn snails.

JLeeM

Another shot of my nerites. Couldn't resist this one.

Tsin21

Additional photos of my snails
Cappuccino snail (Faunus sp.)

Zebra horned snail

Malaysian trumpet snail

Red ramshorn snail

Assassin snail

Keystone

More ramshorns

DoubleDutch

Killers havind a ride

Mmmph

Lighting can sure make a snail glow

fish 321

my black mystery snail

goldface

Just got a couple of these black Japanese Trapdoor snails (Viviparis malleatus) from a koI and goldfish dealer. They’re a temperate species and are also live-bearers.
I tossed them in the pond. Hopefully I have both male and female sexes, so I can come by and harvest the babies to sell by winter.

NLindsey921

Beautiful. I want a couple myself but can't find them

goldface

NLindsey921 said:
Beautiful. I want a couple myself but can't find them
Your best bet is probably a pond and garden center.

NLindsey921

Hmm. I'll look for one of those.

Keystone

Chinese/MinI Ramshorns, Gyraulus chinensis

DoubleDutch

killers

Keystone

DoubleDutch - I wish my assassins spent as much time above the sand as yours seem to. The only reason I know mine are still alive is the ever growing accumulation of empty bladder snail shells.

DoubleDutch

They even organise rodeos now and then

Keystone said:
DoubleDutch - I wish my assassins spent as much time above the sand as yours seem to. The only reason I know mine are still alive is the ever growing accumulation of empty bladder snail shells.

Mmmph

Looks like she’s wearing a party hat

Keystone

More ramshorns

Keystone

More ramshorns photos

wrs2

Little horned nerite catching a ride on a mystery snail haha.

Keystone

Another minI ramshorn photo. The snails in this picture are full grown adults

Tsukkomu

Mystery snails are the coolest animals! I know I’m not supposed to pick favorites. But I’m absolutely shocked that I love her/hI'm more than my betta. Of course I love my betta. They get along so well! My betta has figured out that the snail means more food in the tank. It’s a challenge for sure. Making sure Sally the snail eats and KimchI the betta doesn’t end up overeating and bloated. Such a great addition.

His shell is returning to its natural glory. With calcium and a good diet.

PonzLL

You're welcome. I saw it somewhere else on here a while back and thought it was a great idea. I don't have a big snail yet, just some nerites and millions of "pest" snails, but I've got my eye on a few big fellas at the LFS!

Oh and I posted these pics in their own thread but they totally belong here

Keystone

A rare daytime assassin sighting

TheeLadyG

Not a photo, but a lucky video of my purple mystery snail munching on cilantro. So pretty.... and no you don't have to be on Instagram to view it!

goldface

Just checking to see if my Japanese Trapdoor Snails are alive, and they are. Well, I only found one out of the two.

I’m not sure if those sesame seed-looking things on my hands are baby snails or not. I looked at them closely, and they simply look like seeds, but maybe they’re just hiding in the shells; I don’t know. Trapdoors, unlike Mysteries, give live birth.

Keystone

More ramshorn pics

mondays9

My mystery and nerite snails (Tina & Gene) feasting together on a cucmber.
Be still my heart!!!

snailyfriends

she's a pretty little girl and i'm so glad that I have her

nospaces

I just wanted to share this gif of my snail, whose name the forum won’t let me type.
Yes the tank is dirty, she literally just pooped all over that leaf in the background. (Yes I cleaned it)
Yes this was temporary, she was in a 2.5gal for 24 hours as I had to put her in an emergency tank. She's in a 10gal now.
Isn't she beautiful!! I love watching their lil mouths :')

Tsukkomu

nospaces said:

I just wanted to share this gif of my snail, whose name the forum won’t let me type.
Yes the tank is dirty, she literally just pooped all over that leaf in the background. (Yes I cleaned it)
Yes this was temporary, she was in a 2.5gal for 24 hours as I had to put her in an emergency tank. She's in a 10gal now.
Isn't she beautiful!! I love watching their lil mouths :')
I love watching my snails mouth too. As he’s grown it’s easier for me to spot his ‘teeth’ grasping for sustenance. I want a black one or purple/blue one next. I love the little orange specs on their bodies. I’d love one with black skin and those orange specs.

snailyfriends

I love getting closeups of their faces

jmaldo

Baby Mystery Snails found the Brussels Sprout

goldface

I finally pulled my two Japaness Trapdoors out of the pond and into my aquarium. I was thinking of leaving them outside to overwinter, but decided to bring them inside. I'm glad I did. Here's a pic of them, um, breeding? I have no clue. They are livebearers and I didn't see any babies in the tub pond outside, but maybe they're tinier than I expected or the goldfish ate them all before I noticed.

snailyfriends

I think nerites should be renamed "underwater roombas"

goldface

Baby trapdoor. Hooray!

rainbowsprinkles

a ramshorn named “speedy” that my daughter found in a local pond (photobombed by a skirt tetra).

DoubleDutch

Think I didn't place these.
My only assissinfree ramshorn sanctuary

jmaldo

Caught this one of my Little Red hitching a ride.

mondays9

Snail mail came yesterday, meet Howard! SulawesI "rabbit" snail

rainbowsprinkles

Soarin

I have a golden with a blue body too and a couple more standard goldens
Posted this early in the morning without realizing it was ramhorn not applesnail woops, we can appreciate apples too

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom