Snail photos

armadillo

This is the snail photo gallery. Please use this thread to post pictures of your pet aquatic snails.

Please use your own photos, and not material borrowed from the internet.

Please post your photos as attachments, rather than links.

Please state what species your puffers are when you post a picture.

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Armadillo

armadillo

The first picture is our snail farm. We've got it set up for our puffers. Actually, I hate the snails less when they're in that little fish bowl than when they're in one of my tanks. We've got mainly ramshorns, and another type (we have no idea what they are). These guys will eat a piece of lettuce into oblivion in no time. Really impressive.

The next picture are ramshorn close-up. They are always hitching a ride from each other. They just stick to another's shell and wait to be moved around.

The last one is one of my zebra snail. Note how even the flesh is striped. I love that. They're great at eating green spot algae.

Oh, and the great thing about snails? You can actually take pictures without them moving about at the last moment like my fish do!

lili70

That's the way to eat pelets ?! I just offered it to him while floating and he got it. Hand feed snail !

L

armadillo

Here's some more snail pictures.

The first two are of my zebra (nerite) snail in what's left of a cucumber. Of course, my ballooney lady could not resist getting her nosey little face in the shot, LOL.

The last two are of my late apple snail which passed away really quickly after I had it. The betta was fascinated by it when it was still in the bag, then she totally ignored it.

Looks like I am the only one posting in this one. Guys?

Right, so here's a bizarre one. I have no idea what they were doing, but my two zebra snails where 'kissing'. At least they were flesh to flesh. Am guessing mating? Or was that a fight?

TropicalGrimmish

my snail "Gary" of course, he is about 1"1/2 big,sorry pics are burly..

Butterfly

Snails like zuchinnI and cantaloupe too! These are some of swilkins baby snails. They are really cool. The big ones are mystery snails I bought at the LFS.
carol

samantha.h

Here are my mystery snails...

The gold one I've had for probably 6 months or so, his name is Lester.
The white one is brand new, his name is Speedy because he's the fastest snail I've ever seen.
The black on is also brand new, his name is King Kong - "Kong" for short. He's the smallest and the slowest of the 3. He got his name because he climbed all the way up my Buddha statue.

Lester's pretty happy though...not only because he got new friends but he also moved from a 2.5 gallon tank to a 20 gallon tank. It's like moving from a studio apartment to a Beverly Hills mansion.

EDIT: I changed King Kong's name to Baby. After watching its behaviors I found that it's the smallest of the 3 and it likes to snuggle with the other snails. So, Baby it is.

elivaos

Zebra (Nerite) snails, ramshorn snails and bladder snails.
... only the zebra snails were meant to be there...

------------------
zebra | ramshorn
------------------
many | bladder
------------------

rainman

My Apple Snail

I have to edit/resize the rest, but here are two pictures of one of my three Apple Snail's (Pomacea canaliculata)

Rhan

This is my first ever golden mystery
I've had him about a week and I already have decided that I love these snails

I have dubbed thee 'Steve'. It just seemed right at the time Boyfriend wanted to call it Gary, and mum doesn't like 'human' names for fish-like creatures. Well, too bad, Steve it is

Steve pastimes include motoring around the tank, very occasionally resting underneath the filter. Steve likes this tank much better - there are no evil platy fry constantly nipping at him whenever he tries to emerge from his house >
Steve's favourite food so far appears to be cucumber, as can be seen from this photo. He ate one side of it (it's weighed down by a plant weight), then proceeded to turn it over slightly so he can munch on the other side.

Furallicah

I give you Homer. My largest mystery snail. Isn't he cute...lol.

marina3

A way to travel

1st time I saw my snail doing this...it let itself "float" from the filter intake to the sidde glass of the tank....too cute!!! Goal get to the piece of zuchinni!!!!

swalker13

Greased Lightning

Here is my daughters new addition, Stripped Apple, named of coarse...Gary

AliceOtaku

Yuubin! 8D

allibobs

Here is mister Snail

Ha ha a baby boy Guppy trying to sneak in on the picture!!!!!

allibobs

crzychickenlady

Here's my new Mystery Snails!!

Turbo:

And, Blanche:

konstargirl

1*Risk

Peaches & Paratrooper

Peaches got her name for the obvious Peach colors. While Paratrooper likes to get up top near the hood and usually gets blown by the current from the Korila and retracts in the shell till he hits sand; then comes back out so funny.

Alasse

Some of my apples

Kkris10

Jabba

This is Jabba, my gold/yellow mystery snail. Snails kind of remind me of aliens, with their weird gloopy bodies, strange mouth and curly antennae. I love them

MzMolly65

Love is in the air ..

Pomacea diffusa (I'm pretty sure anyway)

Kkris10

I just got new snails

The black one is Vader, the blue one is Rebo and the red spot is Queen. They're all getting along but then my gold snail likes to stalk them and give them "hugs" lol.

bamagirl07

This is my Gold Inca Snail: Happy (with some Ghost Shrimp)

apple429

my snail shells!

ladygoodwrench

Here is my favorite Mystery Snail..

Dria

A recent picture of one my gold mystery snails I just found in my aquarium photo folder.

Magoo

Hello here are some pictures of my snails hope you enjoy

This is flash one of my zebra nerites

This is dot my other one

This is nana one of my apple snails

This is boo boo another of my apples

Finally these are bing and bong my two baby apples snails

Thank you for looking

rmarkham

I got 2 blue mystery snails for my 29 Gallon planted tank! I had never seen the blue ones at any of my local pet stores, but they had them today!

I can't tell they apart, so naming will be difficult.. I'm thinking Zoidberg for one.. and still looking for a perfect 2nd name!

midnamoondog

My gold rabbit snail. I entered him in the September Photo contest

Junne

Here are my 3 Mystery snails, Gigantor, Goldie and Davy Jones ( blue one )
The marks made on the front of the zucchinI was made by "dippin dots", one of my new Tiger Nerite snails. He is off in a "lunch" coma somewhere.....

monkeypie102

This is ninjask, like the Pokemon. I recently bought 10 assassin snails and he is the only one I can tell apart from the others... and yes I know its a he for obvious reasons lol

Junne

Introducing, The Dippin Dots!!! 2 Zebra and 2 Tiger Nerites... They are small - about the size of a large peanut M&M

psalm18.2

Mama japanese mystery and her babies, all 30.

monkeypie102

Above tank view of a ton of my MTS, ramshorns, and blue mystery snail converging on 1, yes I said 1 algae wafer xD they act starved...

I woke up earlier to Bull, the blue mystery snail, waving xD actually I'm not sure what was going on but I thought it was cool!

I also decided, after the sad display for the wafer, still going on as I type this, they needed a holiday treat, the MTS as always are first on location!

Junne

okay so here's my contribution ( Thanks for the idea, monkeypie )

Had a little trouble with the pumpkin "floating" so I weighed it down with an ornament inside...... The fish are swimming in and out of the eyes and mouth - waiting for the snails to discover it

Magoo

Thought I would share this picture of booboo scewer walking lol

oscarsbud

I use spiedie skewers to hold down the zucchinI when I give it to the fish. When I got home from work this morning, the piece has somehow managed to float to the top. And on top of it all was George, the trapdoor snail, just chowing down. I thought I had a really clever snail until I saw Sarah's picture. I don't know how they can climb up something that skinny, but they do .

Kailyn

A couple of my mystery snails enjoying some zucchini.

Novemayune

My snails, Fry (gold) and Nibbler (blue). Fry has been with us for a while and Nibbler is a new adoption as of today

Novemayune

Nibbler came over to say hI

oscardude

One of my bigger snails

monkeypie102

My assassins were going at it again xD

Magoo

Some of my trumpets saying hello

Magoo

This is bong one of my remaining golden mystery snails next to bazz the blood tiger nerite although the light is terrible so he's hard to spot

This is bing the other remaining mystery both very interested in the new anubias I added today

Magoo

Introducing Ezio my newish assassin snail

And introducing Altair next to Ezio

marcusXIII

one of my rabbits

I hope the pics are clear

Magoo

Bing and Bong have been moved to the big tank as they are getting big they have settled in well though

Bong taking care of the diatoms he's a good lad

Bing having a wander

FishieFishie

One of my Mystery snails going across the bridge.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom