Sick Molly - Help !!

mteverett

What is the water volume of the tank? 10 gallons
How long has the tank been running? 5 months
Does it have a filter? Yes, fluval C2 filter
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 76 degrees Fahrenheit
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) Previously 3 mollies and 1 nerite snail, i’ve moved all of my fish and snail except the sick molly to a 29 gallon

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? once a week
How much of the water do you change? about 40% of the tank
What do you use to treat your water? seachem prime
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? i use a gravel vacuum

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? yes
What do you use to test the water? api freshwater testing hit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm
pH: 7.6

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? 1-2 times a day
How much do you feed your fish? a small pinch of flakes of pellets
What brand of food do you feed your fish? hikarai micropellets or nutrafin tropical flakes
Do you feed frozen? no
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? on occasion freeze dried blood worms but i rehydrate before feeding

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 5 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? about a week ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Swimming in circle, bulging eye, won’t eat
Have you started any treatment for the illness? i started with aquarium salt days 1-3, then started using melafix
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? no
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? yes, bulging eye and swimming in a circle

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
(Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)

Started with a bulging left eye he would still eat and swim normally, after a few days he became less active and sat at the bottom of the tank and didn’t want to eat, he then began to swim frantically and bump into things. currently his eye is swollen, he won’t eat and is swimming in a small circle clockwise all day long.

anything i can do to help him? i will continue melafix as i read it’s used for popeye and if he does not improve i was planning on using pimafix. i also heard of epsom salt baths would that be beneficial?

otterblue

I can't help but here's a bump.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
Deewings
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics