Scar tissue ? Have tried many things

New2fishlovinit

So my female zig zag rainbow has had this blemish on her tail area for some time. Others of the same species have similar but much smaller patches. She also has it near her mid section near anal area.
For various reasons including her, this tank in the last few months - all while she has had these basicly the same marks:
API general cure parasite treatment
Nox-ich for velvet and ich treatment
marcyn 2 antibacterial treatment

stats and such
ammonia has generally been 0 for last several month had a slight reading after first antibiotic thought had hurt filter retested ok.
nitrate 0
nitiites ..ehh well they do creep up to 40+ but that’s water change day and similar in all my tanks.

water is changed weekly 15 gallons on a 55 gallon tank heavily planted and even a bit overgrown at times. I also will do a mid week change on this tank as it is heavily stocked.

ph is 7.6-7.8 I hate reading that one.
temp is a steady 76

stock
8 - 4” rainbow fish - a few species
8 - red phantom tetras
1 - three spot Gourami
1 rainbow shark
1 Raphael spotted catfish
many many small snails.

can see the whitish edges almost looks like a scab that wants to peel off. No flashing or rubbing on decor at all.

88BF1B07-B8AE-45A4-ADAF-19FDE17D2012.jpeg

both patches outlined pretty good.

F69D07D8-CCCC-4544-B211-D20C1B544970.jpeg

2A8CD4F6-4575-47FC-9F17-7E80B68BB0A2.jpeg
as she swims away can kind of see how thick it is...

im thinking its scar tissue from nipping early maybe was infected and is just going to be like that ? Anyone seen something similar. She is active in feeding and spawning.

A201

Looks like a healed abrasion to me.
Maybe scraped up while trying to avoid an aggressive male?
I don't think there is anything to be done about it other than upping the water maintenance & nutrition quality.

New2fishlovinit

thanks kind of what I was thinking.

my goal is to reduce the rainbows down by net 2 removing the three Australians and adding 1 male zig zag so it will be 2-4 ratio males can pick on each other instead of the gals.

that’s is the spot that gets nipped at for sure which is partly why I thought scab like.

also the shark will be moved it’s just getting to it ..

New2fishlovinit

Update - got worse and then better ,..almost there.

it was getting better but then got red and looked inflamed so I pulled her and put in hospital tank and did another round of API fin and body cure. Followed by this last week of feeding her blood worms every-other day, she loves them and is eating anything I put in. redness is gone and the “scab “ is reduced in size and thickness. Giving her another few days and back to general population!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AutisticFishBlog
Replies
Views
Tracul
Replies
Views
Inactive User
Replies
Views