Official entry thread (art challenge)

  • Thread starter

LittleBlueGuppy

Well Known Member
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
1,584
Points
348
Experience
1 year
This thread is for entering into the Fishlore Art Challenge (Fishlore art challenge | Our Other Interests 440263 ).

The original thread was cluttered before challenge even started. Press the link above to view the discussion.

Rules, regulations and due dates:

The prompt word for the first week is “bubbles” (I believe that was the general consensus from our artists on Any Artists Here? | Our Other Interests 385470 thread)

simply draw what the prompt word inspires you too.

Starting Feb 1st, you may begin entering.

Only one entry per person.

Due dates:

Week 1: Feb 1st - Feb 7th.
prompt word “Bubbles”

Week 2: Feb 8th - Feb 14th.
prompt word “breeding”

Week 3: Feb 15th - Feb 21st.
Prompt word “anemones

Week 4: Feb 22th - Feb 28th.
Prompt word “splash”

You may use any medium you like (pencil, paint, pastel, etc).

No prizes are given.

Have fun guys!
 

LeahsTank

Well Known Member
Messages
641
Reaction score
783
Points
138
Experience
3 years
Ok... I’ll go first.

Drawn in Adobe Sketch on iPad with Apple Pencil. I’m a bit rusty, so these challenges will be good for me.

Let’s get inspired!

Feel free to comment what you like and what you don’t like. Remember, critiques are for helping, learning, and teaching. Not being rude or mean.
IMG_5725.JPG
 

Cherie G

Well Known Member
Messages
668
Reaction score
738
Points
128
Experience
4 years
Ok here is mine. It is a 6 3/4" x 10" oil painting done on Canson Oil and Acrylic paper (which is an amazing product by the way!) My painting is Called "Sea Bubbles" which is what jelly fish always reminded me of. Can't wait to see what the other participants come up with! :D

Thank you Leahstank for breaking the ice. I love what you did!
Sea Bubbles.jpg
 

LeahsTank

Well Known Member
Messages
641
Reaction score
783
Points
138
Experience
3 years
Cherie G said:
Ok here is mine. It is a 6 3/4" x 10" oil painting done on Canson Oil and Acrylic paper (which is an amazing product by the way!) My painting is Called "Sea Bubbles" which is what jelly fish always reminded me of. Can't wait to see what the other participants come up with! :D

Thank you Leahstank for breaking the ice. I love what you did!
Nice. I’ve never been able to master oils. I don’t have the patience to allow them to dry.
 

RikkiTikkii

Valued Member
Messages
269
Reaction score
562
Points
103
Experience
Just started
OH IM DUMB I forgot to watch this thread!! Lol
Looking good guys! Idk if I’ll be participating this week cause of school but I will join very soon.

LeahsTank said:
Ok... I’ll go first.

Drawn in Adobe Sketch on iPad with Apple Pencil. I’m a bit rusty, so these challenges will be good for me.

Let’s get inspired!

Feel free to comment what you like and what you don’t like. Remember, critiques are for helping, learning, and teaching. Not being rude or mean.
Also how is adobe sketch? I use procreate for everything now, but just curious how adobe’s app is :cat:
 

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known Member
Messages
3,494
Reaction score
2,546
Points
423
Experience
5 to 10 years
RikkiTikkii said:
OH IM DUMB I forgot to watch this thread!! Lol
Looking good guys! Idk if I’ll be participating this week cause of school but I will join very soon.


Also how is adobe sketch? I use procreate for everything now, but just curious how adobe’s app is :cat:
Me too. I just started drawing last night though. Oh well. I hope to get it done by tonight or Friday.
 

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Messages
7,619
Reaction score
4,130
Points
448
Experience
5 years
I might have to forego this weeks too, but we'll see. I have a good idea for next week though
 

peddidle

Valued Member
Messages
284
Reaction score
212
Points
53
Experience
Just started
I took a picture of some bubbles last night with the intention of doing a colored pencil drawing, but there’s no way I’ll have it done by tomorrow. I’m going to hang on to the picture for the future and will post the drawing if I ever find time to do it.
 

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known Member
Messages
3,494
Reaction score
2,546
Points
423
Experience
5 to 10 years
peddidle said:
I took a picture of some bubbles last night with the intention of doing a colored pencil drawing, but there’s no way I’ll have it done by tomorrow. I’m going to hang on to the picture for the future and will post the drawing if I ever find time to do it.
You can post the picture!
 

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,051
Reaction score
5,656
Points
433
Corydoras and Bubbles
Done on paper with pen and coloured pencil. Just a small 3"×3" ish doodle.
20200131_172555.jpg
 

Grace4514

Valued Member
Messages
207
Reaction score
79
Points
38
Okay, so my old horse has been very sick this past week I have been dealing with that. Sadly I barely got to work on this, I'm not really happy with it at all lol. But my take on "bubbles" was more of a cartoonish picture using water color and acrylic paint, I wish I would have been able to do much more it isnt close to being finished but here it is :)
0ce7b4e4b7b2946ad74e7523ed026079.jpg
 

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Messages
2,831
Reaction score
3,705
Points
273
Experience
1 year
MissNoodle said:
Corydoras and Bubbles
Done on paper with pen and coloured pencil. Just a small 3"×3" ish doodle.
20200131_172555.jpg
Well, from now on "MissDoodle" :hilarious:
 

Littlebudda

Well Known Member
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
1,253
Points
208
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh hi I love a pun
 

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known Member
Messages
3,494
Reaction score
2,546
Points
423
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is really bad and I hate it but here goes. I guess this is what i get for hardly spending any time on it.
20200206_210131.jpg
 

LeahsTank

Well Known Member
Messages
641
Reaction score
783
Points
138
Experience
3 years
RikkiTikkii said:
Also how is adobe sketch? I use procreate for everything now, but just curious how adobe’s app is :cat:
So far, I like it. But I haven’t tried procreate yet. Maybe I’ll download it and compare the two.
 

RikkiTikkii

Valued Member
Messages
269
Reaction score
562
Points
103
Experience
Just started
LeahsTank said:
So far, I like it. But I haven’t tried procreate yet. Maybe I’ll download it and compare the two.
I use to be devoted to PS (I used a Wacom) but completely moved to Procreate. It’s a powerful program lol I’m glad it’s slowly transitioning into the industry

I highly recommend it if you want to give it a try! Idk about Adobe’s app, but it’s a one time purchase for $10.Very worth it.
 

LeahsTank

Well Known Member
Messages
641
Reaction score
783
Points
138
Experience
3 years
RikkiTikkii said:
I use to be devoted to PS (I used a Wacom) but completely moved to Procreate. It’s a powerful program lol I’m glad it’s slowly transitioning into the industry

I highly recommend it if you want to give it a try! Idk about Adobe’s app, but it’s a one time purchase for $10.Very worth it.
I just tried it out, and I love it. Many more features. That’ll be my new tool! Thanks for the nudge in that direction.
 

RikkiTikkii

Valued Member
Messages
269
Reaction score
562
Points
103
Experience
Just started
LeahsTank said:
I just tried it out, and I love it. Many more features. That’ll be my new tool! Thanks for the nudge in that direction.
I’m just merely spreading the gospel :hilarious: if you want links to some brushes, let me know!
 

fabienne

Valued Member
Messages
138
Reaction score
130
Points
53
Experience
1 year
LittleBlueGuppy said:
This thread is for entering into the Fishlore Art Challenge (Fishlore art challenge | Our Other Interests 440263 ).

The original thread was cluttered before challenge even started. Press the link above to view the discussion.

Rules, regulations and due dates:

The prompt word for the first week is “bubbles” (I believe that was the general consensus from our artists on Any Artists Here? | Our Other Interests 385470 thread)

simply draw what the prompt word inspires you too.

Starting Feb 1st, you may begin entering. Artwork will be due by Friday 10:00 am.

Only one entry per person.

Due dates:

Week 1: Feb 1st - Feb 7th.
prompt word “Bubbles”

Week 2: Feb 8th - Feb 14th.
prompt word “breeding”

Week 3: Feb 15th - Feb 21st.
Prompt word “anemones

Week 4: Feb 22th - Feb 28th.
Prompt word “splash”

You may use any medium you like (pencil, paint, pastel, etc).

No prizes are given.

Have fun guys!
10:00 am in what time zone?
 

LeahsTank

Well Known Member
Messages
641
Reaction score
783
Points
138
Experience
3 years
RikkiTikkii said:
I’m just merely spreading the gospel :hilarious: if you want links to some brushes, let me know!
PM sent.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom