Any Artists Here?

  • Thread starter DioAquatics
  • Start date
  • Thread starter
  • #1

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
As the title states, are there any artists on here? I myself am an artist, or at least I used to be. I used to draw all the time in middle and high school. I also went to college for visual arts and graduated with my associates in arts. I personally like pencil drawing and painting with acrylic paints. I stopped drawing and painting a couple years back but I'm trying to get into it. I had a bunch of extra canvases and paint from my painting days (they were surprisingly still good). I want this thread to be for anyone who is artist and wants to share pictures of their work. I will be sharing pictures of my work when I finish them.
 
  • #2

windrunner9189

Well Known
Member
Messages
703
I don't know if i'm worthy to be called an artist, but I like to draw
 

Attachments

  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
firesflightt said:
I don't know if i'm worthy to be called an artist, but I like to draw
Definitely worthy! That's really good! Pokemon right?
 
  • #4

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,347
I have some old pencil drawings I can dig up. Not very good with paints though.
 
  • #5

Repolie

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,763
firesflightt said:
I don't know if i'm worthy to be called an artist, but I like to draw
Nice Garchomp!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
scarface said:
I have some old pencil drawings I can dig up. Not very good with paints though.
Yes please dig them up! I'd love to see

Repolie said:
Nice Garchomp!
That's the name of that Pokemon. I don't watch anymore but one of my friends plays Pokemon Go so I've heard him mention it
 
  • #7

Isobelle

Well Known
Member
Messages
647
I used to sketch a bit but wasn’t too fond of paper, and am now a body painter
 

Attachments

  • #8

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,347
KingD said:
Yes please dig them up! I'd love to see


That's the name of that Pokemon. I don't watch anymore but one of my friends plays Pokemon Go so I've heard him mention it
Actually, this might take me a few days. Hopefully the thread is still active then. If I'm going to post my art photos, might as well try and go all out.
 
  • #9

Wobbegong

Well Known
Member
Messages
803
yes, I draw fish. I am doing a drawing of a bunch of cichlids right now but it is not finished.
 
  • #10

Repolie

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,763
Wobbegong said:
yes, I draw fish. I am doing a drawing of a bunch of cichlids right now but it is not finished.
Can you show the progress of it? I want to see!
 
  • #11

Wobbegong

Well Known
Member
Messages
803
I have been working on it since august. They keep taking longer to make and I am pretty busy.
 

Attachments

  • #12

Jellibeen

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,465
Here’s some stuff I painted for work.

B648A125-3FDA-4D76-9AE1-2DDCB7E01D97.jpeg BCAE731A-5211-4F52-BBAD-FE80269BCCCD.jpeg 7735949A-AD12-4A0F-9F6F-3CAF60472DFB.jpeg 6DA625F2-B566-450A-B09D-D092799AD3DE.jpeg
 
  • #13

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,553
Wobbegong said:
I have been working on it since august. They keep taking longer to make and I am pretty busy.
I LOVE the Oscar!!!
 
  • #14

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,347
Jellibeen said:
Here’s some stuff I painted for work.

B648A125-3FDA-4D76-9AE1-2DDCB7E01D97.jpeg BCAE731A-5211-4F52-BBAD-FE80269BCCCD.jpeg 7735949A-AD12-4A0F-9F6F-3CAF60472DFB.jpeg 6DA625F2-B566-450A-B09D-D092799AD3DE.jpeg
Awesome job. Theater?
 
  • #15

Annie59

Well Known
Member
Messages
738
I am or try anyway lol. I have a couple people wanting me to do some work for them. I paint and draw
 
  • #16

Gourami36

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,958
image.jpg Does this count?
 
  • #17

windrunner9189

Well Known
Member
Messages
703
  • #18

Annie59

Well Known
Member
Messages
738
I have a post on here also about art. Look at the post..Art just what I do... I can't repost my art because I'm on my phone lol.
 
  • #19

pakals

Active Member
Member
Messages
107
I used to paint with acrylics a lot, too, but I left most of them at my parents' house when I graduated. I just have one with me now. It's not much; just one of those "I'm bored" projects from a couple years ago.. I can't really do anything anymore, though. I have really bad vision that's supposed to get worse until I'm eventually totally blind. Anything I try to do anymore would end up looking like a weird blob.
 

Attachments

  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #20

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
Isobelle said:
I used to sketch a bit but wasn’t too fond of paper, and am now a body painter
Wow you’re incredibly talented! I’ve seen lots of videos on Facebook of people body painting like that and creating some insane illusions on their body.

Wobbegong said:
I have been working on it since august. They keep taking longer to make and I am pretty busy.
Those are some nice drawings! I’ve tried drawing fish before and I suck at it lol either that or I didn’t apply myself that much. Maybe I’ll try again

Jellibeen said:
Here’s some stuff I painted for work.

B648A125-3FDA-4D76-9AE1-2DDCB7E01D97.jpeg BCAE731A-5211-4F52-BBAD-FE80269BCCCD.jpeg 7735949A-AD12-4A0F-9F6F-3CAF60472DFB.jpeg 6DA625F2-B566-450A-B09D-D092799AD3DE.jpeg
Nice job! Only big things I’ve ever painted are walls in a house.... with one color lol

Gourami36 said:
image.jpg Does this count?
That counts! Lol

pakals said:
I used to paint with acrylics a lot, too, but I left most of them at my parents' house when I graduated. I just have one with me now. It's not much; just one of those "I'm bored" projects from a couple years ago.. I can't really do anything anymore, though. I have really bad vision that's supposed to get worse until I'm eventually totally blind. Anything I try to do anymore would end up looking like a weird blob.
That painting is great! I didn’t start using acrylic paints til I got into college and I love it. I have a few of my old (really bad) paintings from college but I’m planning on reusing the canvases for some new projects lol
 
  • #21

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,319
I can barely draw a stick figure. But I have dabbled in arts such as music...have been known to come up with some pretty melodies in the past. Now, just no time, keep more to practical hobbies like fixing stuff(except fish).

I can barely draw a stick figure. But I have dabbled in arts such as music...have been known to come up with some pretty melodies in the past. Now, other than fish, the hobbies are more practical, like fixing my trucks.
 
  • #22

LeahsTank

Well Known
Member
Messages
648
Your story almost sounds like mine. Graduated college with a BFA in Art Education. Taught art for 3 years then realized I didn’t like children. Went back to school for Commercial art. Worked as a graphic designer for many years. Had a boss that had multiple personalities so I quit. I was also very burned out. I actually change my artistic medium every 5-10 years. Played a bit with digital painting, then ceramics/sculpture. I haven’t done much in the last few years. I came down with lymphoma in 2016. I’m in the clear now with no sign of disease but I lost any sense of confidence I had. So now my creative endeavor is to make a beautiful living art piece... or as we call it... a fish tank.IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0001.JPGIMG_5119.JPGbrisko.jpgáinelily.JPGohanzee.jpgsoro.jpg
 
  • #23

Rylan

Well Known
Member
Messages
890
Wow! You folks are good. I was just thinking about how I want to get back to drawing. I was never very good at it, but as they say the only way you get good at it is to draw every day.

All I have are some attempted manga drawings with some not so proportionate heads from my teens and a dog or two. Lol

I am a graphic/web designer currently, which is fun.

Honestly, I love so many different types of artistic pursuits I never really get good at any of them. I just know enough to have fun.


983F0AD8-2090-44B8-A2C7-63D6085C08A3.jpeg B42655CE-27F2-4A49-81DC-B98877722F89.jpeg
 
  • #24

LeahsTank

Well Known
Member
Messages
648
Rylan said:
Wow! You folks are good. I was just thinking about how I want to get back to drawing. I was never very good at it, but as they say the only way you get good at it is to draw every day.

All I have are some attempted manga drawings with some not so proportionate heads from my teens and a dog or two. Lol

I am a graphic/web designer currently, which is fun.

Honestly, I love so many different types of artistic pursuits I never really get good at any of them. I just know enough to have fun.


983F0AD8-2090-44B8-A2C7-63D6085C08A3.jpeg B42655CE-27F2-4A49-81DC-B98877722F89.jpeg
Don’t sell yourself short.
 
  • #25

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,444
I do digital art mostly. If I'm in an art class in school I have access to traditional mediums which I don't have at home

IMG_1273.jpeg Chalk pastels
Me w gradient.png Digital self portrait-ish thing
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #26

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
LeahsTank said:
Your story almost sounds like mine. Graduated college with a BFA in Art Education. Taught art for 3 years then realized I didn’t like children. Went back to school for Commercial art. Worked as a graphic designer for many years. Had a boss that had multiple personalities so I quit. I was also very burned out. I actually change my artistic medium every 5-10 years. Played a bit with digital painting, then ceramics/sculpture. I haven’t done much in the last few years. I came down with lymphoma in 2016. I’m in the clear now with no sign of disease but I lost any sense of confidence I had. So now my creative endeavor is to make a beautiful living art piece... or as we call it... a fish tank.IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0001.JPGIMG_5119.JPGbrisko.jpgáinelily.JPGohanzee.jpgsoro.jpg
Yea it sounds like we have similar stories. I just never taught or anything. I got my degree and didn't pursue anything in art after that. I got tired of painting/drawing after taking 4 hour art classes and being forced to draw/paint on a time restraint. That really got out of it because I like to work at my own pace. I haven't dabbled much in ceramics/sculpting but I do love working with wood. You have some really nice pieces of art there! I'd love to print some of those out on a big poster board and hang them up!

Rylan said:
Wow! You folks are good. I was just thinking about how I want to get back to drawing. I was never very good at it, but as they say the only way you get good at it is to draw every day.

All I have are some attempted manga drawings with some not so proportionate heads from my teens and a dog or two. Lol

I am a graphic/web designer currently, which is fun.

Honestly, I love so many different types of artistic pursuits I never really get good at any of them. I just know enough to have fun.


983F0AD8-2090-44B8-A2C7-63D6085C08A3.jpeg B42655CE-27F2-4A49-81DC-B98877722F89.jpeg
I attempted to draw manga a long time ago but it never really caught my attention. You are very good at drawing people! That drawing is incredible! I'm ok at drawing people but once you ask me to add some color.... forget about it lol

-Mak- said:
I do digital art mostly. If I'm in an art class in school I have access to traditional mediums which I don't have at home

Chalk pastels
Me w gradient.png Digital self portrait-ish thing
Those are awesome Mak! Digital art is something I never got into. I like to get my hands dirty with my paints lol

Here’s a piece I started yesterday and just finished today. I still have to put the high gloss coat over everything but that’s not too important. The galaxy sky didn’t come out the way I wanted it to but for a first painting after who knows how many years, I’ll take it lol.
64C845B4-8451-410C-BBB4-111FD0268F53.jpeg

My next painting is a 2 piece set. It’s going to be a trippy style painting so I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share it due to the subject matter. To be safe, I won’t post it here. My sister showed me a trippy painting and it influenced my piece I’m working on. It’s an original of my own drawing. I drew up both canvases today. Tomorrow, I’ll be putting paint on the canvas and I couldn’t be any more excited!
 
  • #27

Rylan

Well Known
Member
Messages
890
KingD said:
Here’s a piece I started yesterday and just finished today. I still have to put the high gloss coat over everything but that’s not too important. The galaxy sky didn’t come out the way I wanted it to but for a first painting after who knows how many years, I’ll take it lol.
64C845B4-8451-410C-BBB4-111FD0268F53.jpeg

My next painting is a 2 piece set. It’s going to be a trippy style painting so I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share it due to the subject matter. To be safe, I won’t post it here. My sister showed me a trippy painting and it influenced my piece I’m working on. It’s an original of my own drawing. I drew up both canvases today. Tomorrow, I’ll be putting paint on the canvas and I couldn’t be any more excited!
That looks great!! I tried painting recently with some friends and Bob Ross. It came out okay.

I like your galaxy. I’ve been wanting to try something like that and bind it into a book.

Trippy sounds fun. We’re all so critical all our own work. It reminds me of my Mom always saying how much she hates her cooking, but there’s nothing wrong with it, everybody else’s always tastes better to her lol and vice versa.

Maybe we just stare it at it too much, looking for all the flaws we can find lol.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #28

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
Rylan said:
That looks great!! I tried painting recently with some friends and Bob Ross. It came out okay.

I like your galaxy. I’ve been wanting to try something like that and bind it into a book.

Trippy sounds fun. We’re all so critical all our own work. It reminds me of my Mom always saying how much she hates her cooking, but there’s nothing wrong with it, everybody else’s always tastes better to her lol and vice versa.

Maybe we just stare it at it too much, looking for all the flaws we can find lol.
Thank you! I’m pretty impressed with it being my first painting in years.

That would be awesome! I’d say go for it! I want to try making those spray paint galaxy style paintings soon!

It’s a pretty cool concept honestly. I’ve never drawn or painted anything trippy but from what I drew today, I’m extremely excited to give it a try!

I’m definitely very critical of my own work. I actually learn that way so I take criticism of my work the positive way. Like you said, I stare at it too much and things start looking “flawed”.
 
  • #29

Rylan

Well Known
Member
Messages
890
KingD said:
Thank you! I’m pretty impressed with it being my first painting in years.

That would be awesome! I’d say go for it! I want to try making those spray paint galaxy style paintings soon!

It’s a pretty cool concept honestly. I’ve never drawn or painted anything trippy but from what I drew today, I’m extremely excited to give it a try!

I’m definitely very critical of my own work. I actually learn that way so I take criticism of my work the positive way. Like you said, I stare at it too much and things start looking “flawed”.
You’ve got me curious about what it is. Is it fan-art or just not G-rated for Fishlore? Lol.
 
  • #30

BaseballMom

Active Member
Member
Messages
266
7FA7A034-1620-458C-A263-01ADC73C0480.jpeg ADE67A6A-3A70-4E4B-B8AA-0A3768C8DD86.jpeg D3974B73-3EFB-4F13-9DE2-B578F4858DD4.jpeg I guess me I’m learning from YouTube tutorials. I don’t know enough to render originals yet, but I apparently have enough talent that I have hope. Especially, ive learned that I “can” as soon as I learn “how”! I’ve turned out some tutorial pieces I’m still pretty excited about. Shocked every time!
 
  • #31

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,089
I'll see what I can dig up. A lot of it was high school artwork, then there's some junk I do for the heck of it. I hate drawing after I took one college class of it, but I can paint and I like doing it. I must say, artwork is where my inner nerd and closet Otaku come out. Also, you asked for this, so you get a portion of my life's work

High school junk:
Photo on 2014-06-09 at 07.45.jpg
Photo on 2013-10-11 at 08.34 #2.jpg IMG_4936.JPG 137.JPG

College junk:
IMG_2674[1].JPG
IMG_2065[1].JPG
IMG_2110.JPG

Stuff I did because I wanted to:
IMG_4808.JPG IMG_4809.JPG
093.JPG

Have some more, because only 10 pics per post.

Graduation cap
IMG_4938.JPG

Duplicate painting because I gifted the other away.
IMG_4941.JPG

More college stuff
IMG_4943.JPG IMG_4942.JPG
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #32

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
Rylan said:
You’ve got me curious about what it is. Is it fan-art or just not G-rated for Fishlore? Lol.
It’s not G-rated for fishlore but not in a graphic nudity type of way. It contains characters doing things that are illegal according to federal law lol

BaseballMom said:
7FA7A034-1620-458C-A263-01ADC73C0480.jpeg ADE67A6A-3A70-4E4B-B8AA-0A3768C8DD86.jpeg D3974B73-3EFB-4F13-9DE2-B578F4858DD4.jpeg I guess me I’m learning from YouTube tutorials. I don’t know enough to render originals yet, but I apparently have enough talent that I have hope. Especially, ive learned that I “can” as soon as I learn “how”! I’ve turned out some tutorial pieces I’m still pretty excited about. Shocked every time!
You learned to d that from YouTube tutorials!?!? Wow you had the talent hidden all along because when I try to learn things from YouTube, it takes me a LONG time to make it look good lol

Demeter said:
I'll see what I can dig up. A lot of it was high school artwork, then there's some junk I do for the heck of it. I hate drawing after I took one college class of it, but I can paint and I like doing it. I must say, artwork is where my inner nerd and closet Otaku come out. Also, you asked for this, so you get a portion of my life's work

High school junk:
Photo on 2014-06-09 at 07.45.jpg
Photo on 2013-10-11 at 08.34 #2.jpg IMG_4936.JPG 137.JPG

College junk:
IMG_2674[1].JPG
IMG_2065[1].JPG
IMG_2110.JPG

Stuff I did because I wanted to:
IMG_4808.JPG IMG_4809.JPG
093.JPG
Demeter said:
Have some more, because only 10 pics per post.

Graduation cap
IMG_4938.JPG

Duplicate painting because I gifted the other away.
IMG_4941.JPG

More college stuff
IMG_4943.JPG IMG_4942.JPG
Wow if that’s just “junk” you did in high school and college, I’d love to see what you can your art that’s not junk lol those are incredible! My high school are consisted more of pencil drawings. My college are consisted of really crappy paintings lol except for maybe 1 or 2 pieces that came out pretty good I’m my eyes
 
  • #33

BaseballMom

Active Member
Member
Messages
266
You learned to d that from YouTube tutorials!?!? Wow you had the talent hidden all along because when I try to learn things from YouTube, it takes me a LONG time to make it look good lol


All from YouTube. I didn’t know I had an artistic ability my entire life. No drawing, no art classes. My neighbor guy is an artist-he put a paint brush in my hand 2.5 years ago and a world opened up!
 
  • #34

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,351
KingD said:
It’s not G-rated for fishlore but not in a graphic nudity type of way. It contains characters doing things that are illegal according to federal law lol
I am thinking "trippy' is the big clue ?
States are changing laws every year in regards to my federal offenses !
Can't wait for NY to join in ..
Nice work from all of you .
I use a ruler to draw straight lines !
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #35

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
coralbandit said:
I am thinking "trippy' is the big clue ?
States are changing laws every year in regards to my federal offenses !
Can't wait for NY to join in ..
Nice work from all of you .
I use a ruler to draw straight lines !
You are correct lol
I’m hoping MY joins in too haha
 
  • #36

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,625
Photography for me. Received my first camera when I was eight years old. I am 62 now.

1. Morning dew in a spiderweb. 5:1 mag.
IMG_6886T copy.0.jpg

2.
386433-R1-055-26_027#1 copy 2.0.jpg

3.
891329-R1-050-23A_023 copy.0.jpg

4.
IMG_1516T2 copy.0.jpg

5.
IMG_4326 copy.jpg

6.
SN#132 copy 3.0.jpg

7.
mushroom20.0.jpg

8.
IMG_2842T copy 2.jpg
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #37

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
Thunder_o_b said:
Photography for me. Received my first camera when I was eight years old. I am 62 now.

1. Morning dew in a spiderweb. 5:1 mag.
IMG_6886T copy.0.jpg

2.
386433-R1-055-26_027#1 copy 2.0.jpg

3.
891329-R1-050-23A_023 copy.0.jpg

4.
IMG_1516T2 copy.0.jpg

5.
IMG_4326 copy.jpg

6.
SN#132 copy 3.0.jpg

7.
mushroom20.0.jpg

8.
IMG_2842T copy 2.jpg
I’ve seen your photography before Thunder. I’m always amazed at how incredible they come out. My photos look like I took them with a potato lol
 
  • #38

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,347
I see there are a lot of talented artists. Really great stuff.
 
  • #39

Rylan

Well Known
Member
Messages
890
KingD said:
It’s not G-rated for fishlore but not in a graphic nudity type of way. It contains characters doing things that are illegal according to federal law lol
Haha! Just want wondering. You’re so excited about it. So I’m sad you can’t share it. The word trippy doesn’t always relate to federal law for me lol as much as it is a word in my personal dictionary for things that are extremely colorful and just weird looking.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #40

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,327
Rylan said:
Haha! Just want wondering. You’re so excited about it. So I’m sad you can’t share it. The word trippy doesn’t always relate to federal law for me lol as much as it is a word in my personal dictionary for things that are extremely colorful and just weird looking.
I can pm you a picture when I’m done with it lol. I also use the word trippy in my personal vocabulary and I relate the word to lots of weird colorful stuff too. This is going to have the colors but the other stuff included lol
 
Top Bottom