No more fins, missing a chunk of gills + fungus?

Lili

Hi all,

I have a sick bronze corydora and I have no idea what the problem is. I have had this fish for 2 years now (the first fish I bought) with other 2 bronze cories. He is still active, sometimes swims the whole aquarium during the day and appears to be eating with the rest of the cories but he has several symptoms for about 2 months now:
- No more fins... they are all gone but one little piece of his tail that is also disappearing...
- white stuff on the back where one of the fins disappeared
- the white stuff also is spreading to the body slowly
- a thin belly
- on the left side, it seems that a chunk of the gill / cheek is missing and there is pink flesh that is not healing for weeks now
- one note: after buying the fish 2 years ago, I noticed his left fin was missing and it never grew back.. possibly some birth defect?

Parameters:
- temperature: 24 °C
- ammonia: 0
- nitrite: 0
. nitrate: 25 ppm
- ph: 8.0

My tank:
-size: 125L
- fish: 7 cories, 1 betta, 1 BN pleco, 2 SAEs, 6 neon tetras, 5 cherry barbs, assassin snails
- I feed them every 2 days with flakes, shrimp wafers, veggies once a week for the pleco (+ algae wafers)

Chemicals:
- water column fert every 2 weeks (seachem flourish)
- root tabs for plants
- seachem prime after every WC
- no CO2

What I have already tried:
- medicating with sera omnipur
- I bought more cories and more plants as hiding spaces to avoid any possibility that the cory is bullied when I do not see it
- WC every week

Since the above are clearly not helping, today I finally set up a 20L quarantine tank with a heater + filter where I am once again medicating with sera omnipur. My plan is to keep the water pristine clean with water changes about 2/3 times a week.

What is this disease and what else can I do? Is the fish too far gone to be saved at this point?

On the pic you can see the missing fins, the pink gill and the white stuff on the middle of its body.

Attachments

• 20220105_124112.jpg
    20220105_124112.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 9

ForBettaorForWorse

Sorry about your cory.
Were any of your fish recently added?

Lili

Sorry about your cory.
Were any of your fish recently added?
The betta and 5 cories were added about 3 weeks ago but that was already after this cory started being sick. After adding more fish, I change 40% of the water instead of the usual 30% water changes that I do...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Okbruhke
Replies
Views
hoofie
Replies
Views
Initiate
Replies
Views