My Guinea Pig Cage (mansion)

  • Moderator
APColorado
Moderator
Member
For those wanting to know how my guinea pig cage looks like that houses 12 sows together and comfortably. Here you go


This is called a U-Shape 2x19 C&C cage. Yes, I know I gone off the deep end, but I these guinea pigs are all rescues that were living in small cages and wanted to give them a chance to live large. From rags to riches ;-)
 
TexasDomer
Member
They are so spoiled, but of course they deserve it
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
TexasDomer said:
They are so spoiled, but of course they deserve it
What gives you that idea? lol.

Yes they are definitely spoiled and they definitely deserve it. It provide hours of amusement just by watching them.
 
RobinWhiskers
Member
AWESOME
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
Lucy I am never going to say never anymore to adopting more....lol. Here is their expanded cage.

RobinWhiskers said:
Thank you.
 
Prism
Member
What do you use for those huts, or condos?
It looks like you DIYed those?

Can you make a video of you cleaning the cage?
Waterbottles, fleece, all those things, food bowls.
 
clk89
Member
Very cute, you make me miss having guinea pigs. We only had two boys Thunder and Lightning. Such sweet little animals.
 
  • Moderator
Lucy
Moderator
Member
AmazonPassion said:
Lucy I am never going to say never anymore to adopting more....lol.
Yeah, I didn't believe that after the 2nd time you said it so it's all good. Haha

Aspen and Patches? When did you sneak them in? I don't recall meeting them.
Lovin' Aspen's gray. It's very Unique.

If I was a guinea pig I'd want to live at your house.

Edit:
Just found the thread... Duh..the sisters you told me about!
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
Prism said:
What do you use for those huts, or condos?
It looks like you DIYed those?

Can you make a video of you cleaning the cage?
Waterbottles, fleece, all those things, food bowls.
It is a DIY, the condo are just bent grid squares. I can make a video of cleaning

clk89 said:
Very cute, you make me miss having guinea pigs. We only had two boys Thunder and Lightning. Such sweet little animals.
They are such adorable creatures.
Lucy said:
Yeah, I didn't believe that after the 2nd time you said it so it's all good. Haha

Aspen and Patches? When did you sneak them in? I don't recall meeting them.
Lovin' Aspen's gray. It's very Unique.

If I was a guinea pig I'd want to live at your house.

Edit:
Just found the thread... Duh..the sisters you told me about!
Lol.

Here is the proper introduction video that I didnt post introducing the 3 to the herd.

 
KimberlyG
Member
OMG, this is unbelievable! These pigs are in heaven.
 
Prism
Member
Yay! I cannot wait until you post that.
Keep me updated when its coming out.

Also, I'm watching that vid right now.
Then can eat corn, and strawberries? never knew that.

Nice introduction with the towels, and bags.
 
  • Moderator
Lucy
Moderator
Member
AmazonPassion said:
Here is the proper introduction video that I didnt post introducing the 3 to the herd.
I was hoping you'd post that video. Patches was having none of it in the beginning. lol It was nice to see her eating with the rest of the ladies.
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
KimberlyG said:
OMG, this is unbelievable! These pigs are in heaven.
Surprise!! I'm a guinea pig lover and nut

Prism said:
Yay! I cannot wait until you post that.
Keep me updated when its coming out.

Also, I'm watching that vid right now.
Then can eat corn, and strawberries? never knew that.

Nice introduction with the towels, and bags.
They can have strawberries but as treat, probably one/two berries a week. If you do corn, make sure to inspect the husk, you want to discard any mold and peel off the outer layers for pesticides.

Yup, must have the towels just in case of a fight. Just gently throw it on top of them and they will stop
 
Cheesearmada
Member
"Yup, must have the towels just in case of a fight. Just gently throw it on top of them and they will stop".

Wish that were the case with humans.
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
Lucy said:
I was hoping you'd post that video. Patches was having none of it in the beginning. lol It was nice to see her eating with the rest of the ladies.
She is very timid among the three newbies but she has licked Lady on a the mouth as a sign of submissiveness . She has a sweet personality from what I can tell.

Cheesearmada said:
"Yup, must have the towels just in case of a fight. Just gently throw it on top of them and they will stop".

Wish that were the case with humans.
Humans= fire hose
 
Bettanewb
Member
Lucky little girls they are!! Makes me want to go adopt a couple new babies. I still have my C&C cage in the basement for safe keeping
 
  • Moderator
  • Thread Starter
APColorado
Moderator
Member
Bettanewb said:
Lucky little girls they are!! Makes me want to go adopt a couple new babies. I still have my C&C cage in the basement for safe keeping
Thank you. Yes, I love having my girls. They are hours of entertainment.
 
Bettanewb
Member
I can only imagine how much joy they give you. And I hope you get a bulk discount on priduce because I know how much I use to spend on veggies every week lol
 
Prism
Member
When I grow up, I want to have cats.
Guinea pigs, fish, and maybe a dog?

Can't tell the future.
 
Top Bottom