Identification

mamia
Hello all. I am not sure what kind of clownfish these are. Think picasso pair and maroon?
Thank you

fish 321
Id say your correct, just beware maroons are very agressive.

mamia
fish 321 said:
Id say your correct, just beware maroons are very agressive.
Thank you. I looked at so many pictures i just wasn't sure. The pair are in a separate tank, the maroon was alone since i got it about a month ago. Yesterday i introduced a purple triggerfish his size and a yellow tail damsel. The clown and trigger hang together no issues but i removed the damsel to his own tank due to him chasing and nipping the other two. The clown and trigger ran like heck for 2 hrs to get away, no aggression what so ever...made me like him even more

Jesterrace
mamia said:
Thank you. I looked at so many pictures i just wasn't sure. The pair are in a separate tank, the maroon was alone since i got it about a month ago. Yesterday i introduced a purple triggerfish his size and a yellow tail damsel. The clown and trigger hang together no issues but i removed the damsel to his own tank due to him chasing and nipping the other two. The clown and trigger ran like heck for 2 hrs to get away, no aggression what so ever...made me like him even more
Damsels can be buttheads so no surprise there. Maroons and Triggers can generally more than hold their own though. Generally the issue with clowns is once they become established they tend to become extremely territorial. The Trigger should definitely be able to hand it though.

mamia
Jesterrace said:
Damsels can be buttheads so no surprise there. Maroons and Triggers can generally more than hold their own though. Generally the issue with clowns is once they become established they tend to become extremely territorial. The Trigger should definitely be able to hand it though.
Thank you for the information. I'll keep my fingers crossed the clown stays sweet In your opinion would i be able to add a same size yellow tang to the mix? I thought it may be easier now before territories are made.
Mia

mamia
mamia said:
Thank you for the information. I'll keep my fingers crossed the clown stays sweet In your opinion would i be able to add a same size yellow tang to the mix? I thought it may be easier now before territories are made.
Mia
By the way, as i mentioned I've had the maroon clown a month. Since e the day i added him to the tank (only fish at that point) he has done the same pattern everyday all day, and i really do mean all day. He swims around the perimeter of the tank exactly the same pattern...through the bubbles...behind one heater in front of the other...dips down then straight up and continues. When i feed he stops and as soon as i turn off the white lights , turn on blue...he dives down into the same spot and doesn't come out until i turn white light back on.
Is he "normal"?
Mia

fish 321
mamia said:
By the way, as i mentioned I've had the maroon clown a month. Since e the day i added him to the tank (only fish at that point) he has done the same pattern everyday all day, and i really do mean all day. He swims around the perimeter of the tank exactly the same pattern...through the bubbles...behind one heater in front of the other...dips down then straight up and continues. When i feed he stops and as soon as i turn off the white lights , turn on blue...he dives down into the same spot and doesn't come out until i turn white light back on.
Is he "normal"?
Mia
Haha yeah he should be fine. Normal is not a word we should use to describe clowns behaviours hence the name. Clowns have very strange swimming patterns.

mamia
Ok...thank you.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom