Ich in the tank

AliceP1847

Hi all,

It looks like I have a case of Ich in my tank from some of the new fish I got. I'm still pretty new to fish keeping and this is the first time I've had to deal with ich so any advice will be greatly appreciated!
There only seems to be white spots on one of my harlequin rasboras and maybe one of my kuhli loaches, but I don't see those guys very often so it's a little hard to tell. I've been reading up how to treat it and have raised the tanks temperature to 81F (27C). I'm a bit hesitant on using medication in the tank because I know the kuhlis are sensitive to that. I've read that aquarium salt works fine but I'm just a little confused on how much I should be using? Some people say a teaspoon per gallon and others say just a pinch.
It's only really noticeable on one rasbora, possibly the kuhli as well, so I'm wondering if its stress related? I've done water tests and everything there seems fine. They're currently in a 55L (15 gallon) tank just while I'm getting my new bigger one set up. Currently have 1 opaline gourami, 5 harlequin rasboras and 2 kuhli loaches. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

LHAquatics

I definitely recommend ICH X. If you want to use salt, you can watch Girl Talks fish or there is a thread here on FIshlore.

Upvote 0

DebClem

I agree with LHA Aquatics. Don't forget to remove your carbon when treating them but would move fairly quick as this can wipe out a tank fast.

Upvote 0

AliceP1847

Thank you guys for the advice!
I'll check out the Girls Talk video now. I've ordered some medication so hopefully that'll arrive soon. Just in terms of using the salt, when it says adding a tablespoon per 2 gallons, do I add a tablespoon a day to build up to the amount needed or is it safe to put the whole recommended amount in together?

Upvote 0

KianMan

Thank you guys for the advice!
I'll check out the Girls Talk video now. I've ordered some medication so hopefully that'll arrive soon. Just in terms of using the salt, when it says adding a tablespoon per 2 gallons, do I add a tablespoon a day to build up to the amount needed or is it safe to put the whole recommended amount in together?
don't add daily bcoz it will make the water too saline

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GuppyGal7
Replies
Views
Freshfishguy
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics